Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Anyone into metal here?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Audiophile >> RE: Anyone into metal here? Page: <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Anyone into metal here? - 3/3/2012 9:58:11 AM   
losthighway

I saw Rammstein Thursday night for the second time... as always they were excellent and the show production values were spot on, however it was just such a shame that the majority of the second half of the show was a repeat of their last UK tour However, we did get the drummer dressed in drag whipping the guys and then Til f**king the keyboardist up the ass with a strap on and then shooting white stuff all of the audience from it. Oh and the giant cock shooting foam was back too! LOL!

The secret to becoming a star is knowing how to behave like one.

(in reply to Spaldron)
Post #: 151
RE: Anyone into metal here? - 3/3/2012 10:44:15 AM   
horribleives

quote:

ORIGINAL: losthighway

I saw Rammstein Thursday night for the second time... as always they were excellent and the show production values were spot on, however it was just such a shame that the majority of the second half of the show was a repeat of their last UK tour However, we did get the drummer dressed in drag whipping the guys and then Til f**king the keyboardist up the ass with a strap on and then shooting white stuff all of the audience from it. Oh and the giant cock shooting foam was back too! LOL!

And people say Germans don't have a sense of humour.

www.hollywoodunbound.co.uk - some nonsense about alien film directors and musclebound man-children.

(in reply to losthighway)
Post #: 152
RE: Anyone into metal here? - 23/3/2012 4:27:25 AM   
Spaldron

Anyone here heard Alcest, French (former) black metal group, been around for a while? Anyway's just recently started listening to their new album, fucking stunning I have to say.

< Message edited by Spaldron -- 23/3/2012 4:28:03 AM >

And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts
And I looked and behold, a pale horse
And his name that sat on him was Death
And Hell followed with him.

(in reply to horribleives)
Post #: 153
RE: Anyone into metal here? - 23/3/2012 5:22:41 PM   
tftrman

quote:

ORIGINAL: matthewforan

quote:

ORIGINAL: DancingClown

quote:

ORIGINAL: matthewforan

Does melodic hardcore count?...

Yes! Metal is like Jordan's fanny - anything goes.

Okay cool! (I think)

So any other Defeater, Touche Amore fans?

Defeater are my favourite hardcore of the last few years. The song "Quiet The Longing" on their latest album always gives me goosebumps. TA, not a fan.

I see there are a few Mastodon fans on here (The Hunter is amazing), so you should check out a band called Keelhaul. More instrumental but bloody ace.

(in reply to matthewforan)
Post #: 154
RE: Anyone into metal here? - 24/3/2012 1:07:06 PM   
Swoz_MK

Keelhaul were great

(in reply to tftrman)
Post #: 155
RE: Anyone into metal here? - 10/4/2012 1:14:55 PM   
Arron_

Pig Destroyer confirmed for Damnation Festival this year. I'm very excited. The venue is a 1 bus journey or 20 minute walk from my house. Fantastic.

Also, Weekend Nachos are touring sometime shortly with The Afternoon Gentlemen. Both bands are bloody excellent.

(in reply to Swoz_MK)
Post #: 156
RE: Anyone into metal here? - 10/4/2012 6:03:40 PM   
Swoz_MK

Weekend Nachos are fucking excellent.

(in reply to Arron_)
Post #: 157
RE: Anyone into metal here? - 13/4/2012 8:51:11 AM   
Lucky Day

quote:

ORIGINAL: Spengler

Now I don't want to pigeonhole here, but what I'm talking about would probably be called 'metalcore' in the current climate. I'll give some bands as an example:

3 Inches Of Blood, Alexisonfire, All That Remains, As I Lay Dying, Atreyu, Avenged Sevenfold, Beloved, The Bled, Boy Sets Fire, Bullet For My Valentine, Chevelle, Dead Poetic, Deftones, Djevara, The Esoteric, Every Time I Die, Fightstar, Finch, From First To Last, Funeral For A Friend, Hawthorne Heights, Hell Is For Heroes, Hopesfall, In Flames, Mastodon, Mendeed, Norma Jean, Poison The Well, Reuben, Rise Against, Saosin, Silverstein, Slipknot, Thrice, Tool, Trivium, Underoath, The Used, Zao.

I'm aware that there are some that fall into the 'hardcore' bracket, and Slipknot and Deftones are technically nu metal, but it's all just there as an example.

Any takers? Any suggestions to broaden and improve my already long musical horizons in this respect?

When I was young in the 1990's (Oh how I wish it was still the 1990's!) folks just liked heavy music, sure, there was a couple of sub genres knocking about (hardcore, punk, grunge) but by and large we ignored this pigeonholing & just enjoyed good albums and rocking gigs. By that token, yes I am (into metal) and have seen pretty much everyone worth seeing.I consider Children of Bodom to be the best metal band alive in the world today. I miss SYL & the best gig I was ever at was Anthrax, January 96 in the Glasgow Garage (downgraded from the Barrowlands due to lack of ticket sales, the Garage was heaving tho) would have been on the Stomp 442 tour. A massively under rated album. Donnington of the same year was also pretty special. I still wish it was still the 90's.

< Message edited by Lucky Day -- 13/4/2012 8:52:46 AM >

(in reply to Spengler)
Post #: 158
RE: Anyone into metal here? - 17/4/2012 12:20:29 PM   
horribleives

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lucky Day
When I was young in the 1990's (Oh how I wish it was still the 1990's!) folks just liked heavy music, sure, there was a couple of sub genres knocking about (hardcore, punk, grunge) but by and large we ignored this pigeonholing & just enjoyed good albums and rocking gigs. By that token, yes I am (into metal) and have seen pretty much everyone worth seeing.I consider Children of Bodom to be the best metal band alive in the world today. I miss SYL & the best gig I was ever at was Anthrax, January 96 in the Glasgow Garage (downgraded from the Barrowlands due to lack of ticket sales, the Garage was heaving tho) would have been on the Stomp 442 tour. A massively under rated album. Donnington of the same year was also pretty special. I still wish it was still the 90's.

Don't worry, it still is as far as I'm concerned.

Anyway, just heard the smashing and unexpected news that there'll be a new Deftones album out in september/october.

www.hollywoodunbound.co.uk - some nonsense about alien film directors and musclebound man-children.

(in reply to Lucky Day)
Post #: 159
RE: Anyone into metal here? - 17/4/2012 12:23:31 PM   
NinjaShortbread212

quote:

When I was young in the 1990's (Oh how I wish it was still the 1990's!)

Pah, the 80's wiped the floor with the 90's!

Art

Post #: 160
RE: Anyone into metal here? - 17/4/2012 12:40:42 PM   
horribleives

quote:

ORIGINAL: NinjaShortbread212

quote:

Musically they were both great but I wouldn't want it to still be the '80s as I wouldn't be able to get served in pubs or have sex with women and stuff.

(in reply to NinjaShortbread212)
Post #: 161
RE: Anyone into metal here? - 17/4/2012 12:42:21 PM   
NinjaShortbread212

quote:

ORIGINAL: horribleives

quote:

quote:

Musically they were both great but I wouldn't want it to still be the '80s as I wouldn't be able to get served in pubs or have sex with women and stuff.

Hee, hee... good point!

Art

Post #: 162
RE: Anyone into metal here? - 17/4/2012 1:05:14 PM   
Lucky Day

quote:

quote:

Don't worry, it still is as far as I'm concerned.

Anyway, just heard the smashing and unexpected news that there'll be a new Deftones album out in september/october.

New Deftones? Excellent. A consistently brilliant band. Back in the day people were distracted by the average at best Korn and the simply woeful Limp Bizkit but the Deftones always had a little more class.

quote:

Nae danger power ranger! The 80's is clearly second in the decades chart. Top 3 goes thus ....... 1)1990's 2)1980's 3)1960's.

Nothing bad happened in the 90's. It was all good.

Spice Girls, Pauly Shore, New Labour, Jobs, Prosperity, Oasis, Blur, T in the Park with no idiots, Rage Against the Machine, The Word, Clueless, Ibiza with no idiots, Ford Cosworth, Wimpy, Lots of record shops, Minidiscs, Adidas, The Wildhearts, Posters, Green Day in the Glasgow Barrowlands for 4.50 (!!!), Kerrang, Beavis & Butthead, MTV, Headbangers Ball, Noisy Mothers (!), Guns N Roses, Alice in Chains MTV Unplugged, Nirvana MTV Unplugged, Neil Young MTV Unplugged, Pearl Jam MTV Unplugged, Bootleg CD's, Tim Burton, WWF, WCW, Leeds United, Friends, Joe Satriani, Ibanez, N Sync, Trance, Sepultura, Fear Factory, Virgin Cola, TMNT, Eurotrash (!) The streets were paved with gold and it never rained.

I could go on, but you get the point.

Post #: 163
RE: Anyone into metal here? - 17/4/2012 1:39:31 PM   
horribleives

The best thing about the '90s was Newcastle almost winning the league twice.
And the worst thing about the '90s was Newcastle almost winning the league twice.

(in reply to Lucky Day)
Post #: 164
RE: Anyone into metal here? - 17/4/2012 3:51:45 PM   
Lucky Day

quote:

And the worst thing about the '90s was Newcastle almost winning the league twice.

Coincidentally, this will also be the best and worst things of this decade.

Post #: 165
RE: Anyone into metal here? - 17/4/2012 5:43:55 PM   
horribleives

quote:

quote:

Coincidentally, this will also be the best and worst things of this decade.

If so I reckon I'll handle it a lot better now than when I was 19. Rather than crying, smashing things and lying in bed fretting about it I think I'll just hang myself.

(in reply to Lucky Day)
Post #: 166
RE: Anyone into metal here? - 18/4/2012 1:51:05 AM   
NinjaShortbread212

quote:

quote:

Nae danger power ranger! The 80's is clearly second in the decades chart. Top 3 goes thus ....... 1)1990's 2)1980's 3)1960's.

Spice Girls, Pauly Shore, New Labour, Jobs, Prosperity, Oasis, Blur, T in the Park with no idiots, Rage Against the Machine, The Word, Clueless, Ibiza with no idiots, Ford Cosworth, Wimpy, Lots of record shops, Minidiscs, Adidas, The Wildhearts, Posters, Green Day in the Glasgow Barrowlands for 4.50 (!!!), Kerrang, Beavis & Butthead, MTV, Headbangers Ball, Noisy Mothers (!), Guns N Roses, Alice in Chains MTV Unplugged, Nirvana MTV Unplugged, Neil Young MTV Unplugged, Pearl Jam MTV Unplugged, Bootleg CD's, Tim Burton, WWF, WCW, Leeds United, Friends, Joe Satriani, Ibanez, N Sync, Trance, Sepultura, Fear Factory, Virgin Cola, TMNT, Eurotrash (!) The streets were paved with gold and it never rained.

I was only messin' with ya. Both decades do indeed rock! Your very eclectic list did indeed raise a smile however.

< Message edited by NinjaShortbread212 -- 18/4/2012 5:11:16 PM >

Art

(in reply to Lucky Day)
Post #: 167
RE: Anyone into metal here? - 18/4/2012 4:34:54 PM   
emogeek

Although some of my most loved albums appeared in the 90s, it has to be said that:

Ride The Lightning
Peace Sells
Among The Living
Hell Awaits
Scum
Symphonies Of Sickness
Severed Survival
Scream Bloody Gore
Slowly We Rot

all prove that, when it comes to metal, you can't beat the 80s

The Fear Of Blood Tends To Create Fear For The Flesh

Have you ever been halfway through eating a horse and then realised you weren't as hungry as you thought you were?

Post #: 168
RE: Anyone into metal here? - 18/4/2012 8:36:20 PM   
Lucky Day

quote:

quote:

quote:

I was only messin' with ya. Both decades do indeed rock! Your very eclectic list did indeed raise a smile however.

Ha ha, I was only messing also. The 80's was equally quality. Best thing on that list is Noisy Mothers, do you remember that shit? It was AMAZING!!

Post #: 169
RE: Anyone into metal here? - 19/4/2012 1:23:50 AM   
NinjaShortbread212

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Ha ha, I was only messing also. The 80's was equally quality. Best thing on that list is Noisy Mothers, do you remember that shit? It was AMAZING!!

At a twist possibly... I'll maybe give them a wee check out on YouTube for nostalgia's sake though, just to refresh my memory you understand.

Art

(in reply to Lucky Day)
Post #: 170
RE: Anyone into metal here? - 19/4/2012 11:10:33 PM   
Lucky Day

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

At a twist possibly... I'll maybe give them a wee check out on YouTube for nostalgia's sake though, just to refresh my memory you understand.

There is dissapointingly little Noisy Mothers on Youtube. This here tho ............. I was in the background and saw this shit unfold with my own eyes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezCHqxiPWcE

Them was the days

Post #: 171
RE: Anyone into metal here? - 20/4/2012 2:12:07 AM   
NinjaShortbread212

quote:

There is dissapointingly little Noisy Mothers on Youtube. This here tho ............. I was in the background and saw this shit unfold with my own eyes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezCHqxiPWcE

Them was the days

Ah, cheers Lucky! Mandatory huh? Class! I enjoyed participating in a mini windmill there.

Art

(in reply to Lucky Day)
Post #: 172
RE: Anyone into metal here? - 22/4/2012 8:47:19 PM   
Lucky Day

ha ha. I think I have loads of them on video cassette in my mums loft. Loads of Headbangers ball too. I don't have a video cassette playing machine tho. Grrrrrrrr

Post #: 173
RE: Anyone into metal here? - 23/4/2012 1:30:22 AM   
NinjaShortbread212

Cassettes... I remember those! I'm still getting over the death of my walkman.

Art

(in reply to Lucky Day)
Post #: 174
RE: Anyone into metal here? - 23/4/2012 7:51:19 PM   
Lucky Day

quote:

I loved my walkman. I had a Sony one cos I'm dead posh, It's ok if you had an Alba one or something tho. I won't think any less of you

I work in a shop that still sells cassettes. People still buy them too sometimes!

Post #: 175
RE: Anyone into metal here? - 23/4/2012 8:09:08 PM   
Spaldron

quote:

quote:

I loved my walkman. I had a Sony one cos I'm dead posh, It's ok if you had an Alba one or something tho. I won't think any less of you

I had an Alba one, I think everyone had an Alba one at somepoint. I upgraded to Sony in the mid 90's.

(in reply to Lucky Day)
Post #: 176
RE: Anyone into metal here? - 23/4/2012 8:43:28 PM   
Lucky Day

quote:

ORIGINAL: Spaldron

quote:

quote:

I had an Alba one, I think everyone had an Alba one at somepoint. I upgraded to Sony in the mid 90's.

I can't remember if my first one was an Alba, might have been a Bush. It kind of looked like this.....

But I'm pretty sure it wasn't a Sanyo.

(in reply to Spaldron)
Post #: 177
RE: Anyone into metal here? - 24/4/2012 2:38:22 AM   
NinjaShortbread212

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Spaldron

quote:

quote:

I can't remember if my first one was an Alba, might have been a Bush. It kind of looked like this.....

But I'm pretty sure it wasn't a Sanyo.

God, that brings back the memories! I think too had an Alba one. I would still totally rock a walkman these days, given half the chance! I find them endlessly cool.

Art

(in reply to Lucky Day)
Post #: 178
RE: Anyone into metal here? - 24/4/2012 9:21:59 PM   
Lucky Day

quote:

God, that brings back the memories! I think too had an Alba one. I would still totally rock a walkman these days, given half the chance! I find them endlessly cool.

Given half the chance? Check this shiznit right here. I'm making one ......................................

Post #: 179
RE: Anyone into metal here? - 25/4/2012 1:26:45 AM   
Spaldron

quote:

Those are the shizz!

(in reply to Lucky Day)
Post #: 180
Page:   <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Audiophile >> RE: Anyone into metal here? Page: <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI