Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

L4D & L4D2 - Home of The Best Empire Games Nights EVER!!!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> L4D & L4D2 - Home of The Best Empire Games Nights EVER!!! Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
L4D & L4D2 - Home of The Best Empire Games Nights EVER!!! - 11/7/2008 8:33:55 PM   
borstal

Current players

borstal (borstal)
Juanvasquez1984 (Juan Vasquez)
Digital Primus  (the anomaly)
Sleazycome (Sleazy) 2
The Geest (Dark Knight)
Hooch (Hooch)
Bigsro (Sroey)

PC

< Message edited by borstal -- 23/9/2010 8:06:40 AM >

"Can you imagine the satisfaction of slamming that camping cunt Scott with a missile while sitting in Costa?" - Chief

http://www.redbubble.com/people/borstal
http://letterboxd.com/borstal/

Post #: 1
RE: Left 4 Dead - 11/7/2008 9:16:11 PM   
crimond

I've been keeping an eye on this on ign.  It looks ace, the screen shots are amazing.  Like the look of the farm map, zombies running through the corn fields.

(in reply to borstal)
Post #: 2
RE: Left 4 Dead - 12/7/2008 9:40:57 AM   
juanvasquez

I was reading a playtest preview of this in 360gamer. The only bad thing they had to say about it is that it was too scary. Which can only be a good...

Looks smashing. Really looking forward to it.

Check out my cult games reviews and features at Horror Cult Films

(in reply to crimond)
Post #: 3
RE: Left 4 Dead - 14/7/2008 10:41:17 AM   
BigKovacs

It looks damn sweet!! Can't wait.

Gamertag: Cambo1979.

(in reply to juanvasquez)
Post #: 4
RE: Left 4 Dead - 14/7/2008 2:19:17 PM   
boys_dont_cry

My only fear is longevity of a game thats mainly multiplayer......

http://flavors.me/gavweir

(in reply to BigKovacs)
Post #: 5
RE: Left 4 Dead - 14/7/2008 3:11:54 PM   
BigKovacs

That's a fair point, it looks pretty short and there only about 7 enemy types. Still, the idea is as sound as a pound and good multiplayer can drag a games lifespan on for months. COD 4s a good example.

(in reply to boys_dont_cry)
Post #: 6
RE: Left 4 Dead - 14/7/2008 5:04:10 PM   
boys_dont_cry

quote:

ORIGINAL: BigKovacs

That's a fair point, it looks pretty short and there only about 7 enemy types. Still, the idea is as sound as a pound and good multiplayer can drag a games lifespan on for months. COD 4s a good example.

But COD was a huge game, like Gears I can imagine people will be playing it till the next one comes out. L4D seems a bit of a niche...I can see it getting the same audience and thus will have less of an online lifespan.

Despite all the negative comments, I think it looks brilliant......just a bit worried about sepening £50 on a game that might only have a few months in it....

(in reply to BigKovacs)
Post #: 7
RE: Left 4 Dead - 15/7/2008 10:28:49 AM   
BigKovacs

quote:

ORIGINAL: boys_dont_cry

quote:

But COD was a huge game, like Gears I can imagine people will be playing it till the next one comes out. L4D seems a bit of a niche...I can see it getting the same audience and thus will have less of an online lifespan.

Despite all the negative comments, I think it looks brilliant......just a bit worried about sepening £50 on a game that might only have a few months in it....

Cod wasn't a huge game. The single player campaign could be nailed in a weekend and there wasn't much point in playing it again unless you're an achievement hound. The Multiplayer was so good though it's kept people playing it to the same level of Gears and Halo. I agree that L4D is more of a niche game and may not draw as many fans as COD but since it's built for multiplayer and has a very unique versus system I think it will go down a storm online.

But as said before there are only 4 (maybe 5) locales and something like 7 weapons which for next gen is hardly stella. In it's defence it's basically Counter Strike with zombies and thats gotten away with such limits for years. Either way I'm dying to play it.

Post #: 8
RE: Left 4 Dead - 15/7/2008 2:31:19 PM   
boys_dont_cry

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: boys_dont_cry

quote:

Cod wasn't a huge game. The single player campaign could be nailed in a weekend and there wasn't much point in playing it again unless you're an achievement hound. The Multiplayer was so good though it's kept people playing it to the same level of Gears and Halo. I agree that L4D is more of a niche game and may not draw as many fans as COD but since it's built for multiplayer and has a very unique versus system I think it will go down a storm online.

But as said before there are only 4 (maybe 5) locales and something like 7 weapons which for next gen is hardly stella. In it's defence it's basically Counter Strike with zombies and thats gotten away with such limits for years. Either way I'm dying to play it.

No no no no, you missunderstand me! Sorry, I ment it was a hughly hyped game, TV adverts, adverts at the cinema, front cover of all the magazines.......I cant see L4D getting the same coverage in the media which will mean less peole playing it.

(in reply to BigKovacs)
Post #: 9
RE: Left 4 Dead - 15/7/2008 4:42:11 PM   
BigKovacs

That is very true. I hope word of mouth helps it out (providing it delivers of course).

Post #: 10
RE: Left 4 Dead - 17/8/2008 2:36:46 PM   
borstal

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxYxh0am6pw&feature=related

Nice

"Can you imagine the satisfaction of slamming that camping cunt Scott with a missile while sitting in Costa?" - Chief

(in reply to BigKovacs)
Post #: 11
RE: Left 4 Dead - 17/8/2008 3:02:28 PM   
directorscut

Is there a single player side to this game or is it just multiplayer?

Member of the TMNT 1000 Club.

(in reply to borstal)
Post #: 12
RE: Left 4 Dead - 26/8/2008 11:58:18 AM   
borstal

Just had a little read on the latest build and cant find anything that mentions the single player mode. Surely it will have to have one?

Apparently it will use adaptive AI which will change set pieces and boss type. Call me cynical but has anyone ever played a game with good AI that works well in adapting to your play? It still looks good and Im praying there will be enough tactical elements in to satisfy rather than being a pure shooter.

Bad news is its delayed until November.

(in reply to directorscut)
Post #: 13
RE: Left 4 Dead - 26/8/2008 1:41:32 PM   
BigKovacs

I think there is a single player mode which is the same as coop but with bots on your side. I really like the look of this, I admit the graphics arn't the best out there at the moment but the frame rate looks very solid and there's a lot going on so it's nothing too major. All in all I'm looking forward to some decent 4 player coop.

(in reply to borstal)
Post #: 14
RE: Left 4 Dead - 26/8/2008 2:44:09 PM   
Jim

I'm looking forward to this, but I may wait on buying it because I agree it may not have a great lifespan if it's really short and the community isn't there. Also, this is a bit stupid but I'm a massive pussy and don't like a lot of horror stuff, so reports that if anything it's too scary don't fill me with glee. Watching that YouTube video was the first gameplay I've seen, and when that first zombie came sprinting out of the darkness I shat myself. I was used to it by the end of those clips though, so perhaps it won't damage my heart as much as I think. I'll have to try it our or at least see it properly before I go for the full purchase. For those of you on Steam, I imagine Valve will do a free weekend or something to promote it, which would be useful.

Found this other video of gameplay when you take over as the zombies, also looks cool.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qITRUDcO2iY&feature=related

< Message edited by Jim -- 26/8/2008 2:45:59 PM >

"Oh shit, swamp leeches! Everybody! Check for swamp leeches and pull them off! ...nobody else got hit? I'm the only one? What's the deal?"

(in reply to BigKovacs)
Post #: 15
RE: Left 4 Dead - 26/8/2008 3:22:22 PM   
BigKovacs

I actually forgot you could play as the enemy. it looks more funny than scary but still very good! It reminds me of playing as the Alien in AVP PC from back in the day. Class gaming that was.

(in reply to Jim)
Post #: 16
RE: Left 4 Dead - 3/11/2008 3:43:22 PM   
BigKovacs

I think I'll give this a little nudge with the opening FMV. LINKY

(in reply to BigKovacs)
Post #: 17
RE: Left 4 Dead - 4/11/2008 5:12:53 PM   
Peter Griffin

quote:

I think I'll give this a little nudge with the opening FMV. LINKY

Holy shit, that was better than most of the films i've watched this year!!!
Might be another chrimbo purchase

"No point in mentioning these bats, I thought. Poor bastard will see them soon enough."

"Me and Pete Griffin would make a beautiful Dead Space ass kicking baby."

(in reply to BigKovacs)
Post #: 18
RE: Left 4 Dead - 5/11/2008 11:56:35 AM   
DJ Satan

I was chatting to some guys about this last night in the pub. They were under the impression that the PC version was multiplayer only with no bots. I think it would be a shame if this is the case for the 360 version as I doubt I'll be able to find 4 people to shell out for it and play it at the same time.

Don't try to tell me that some power can corrupt a person
You hadn't had enough to know what it's like
You're only angry cause you wish you were in my position
Now nod your head cause you know that I'm right..alright!

(in reply to Peter Griffin)
Post #: 19
RE: Left 4 Dead - 5/11/2008 1:08:38 PM   
BigKovacs

quote:

ORIGINAL: DJ Satan

I was chatting to some guys about this last night in the pub. They were under the impression that the PC version was multiplayer only with no bots. I think it would be a shame if this is the case for the 360 version as I doubt I'll be able to find 4 people to shell out for it and play it at the same time.

I'm 90pc sure that the 360 version has bots if you can't muster up enough mates. I've got about 5 or 6 mates who are getting it early doors and you'd be more than welcome to join us, I'm on your friends list as Cambo1979. I'll PM you when things kick off.

(in reply to DJ Satan)
Post #: 20
RE: Left 4 Dead - 7/11/2008 12:00:11 AM   
Jim

Anyone pre-order the game off Steam? You can download the demo early if so. What's it like? I'm really tempted to get this when it's out (Nov 18th, I think).

Regarding the bots - there are bots in the PC version, so you can play the game alone. Also, if someone online drops out the computer automatically takes over so you always have 4 players on a team, and I heard you have the option to temporarily pass control to the computer (essentially allowing you to pause mid-game without bothering your team mates or endangering yourself, awesome idea).

"Oh shit, swamp leeches! Everybody! Check for swamp leeches and pull them off! ...nobody else got hit? I'm the only one? What's the deal?"

(in reply to BigKovacs)
Post #: 21
RE: Left 4 Dead - 8/11/2008 4:21:50 PM   
borstal

Any word on a pre release 360 demo?

Im not a fan of super zombies like the hulk one on the vid but Im still really excited about it. I think a one life true survivor mode would be nice with your dead team mates coming back as the undead to stop you winning

(in reply to Jim)
Post #: 22
RE: Left 4 Dead - 8/11/2008 4:29:35 PM   
Peter Griffin

quote:

Any word on a pre release 360 demo?

November 11th...apparently.

< Message edited by Peter Griffin -- 8/11/2008 4:30:02 PM >

"No point in mentioning these bats, I thought. Poor bastard will see them soon enough."

"Me and Pete Griffin would make a beautiful Dead Space ass kicking baby."

(in reply to borstal)
Post #: 23
RE: Left 4 Dead - 11/11/2008 1:33:58 AM   
Jim

Demo for PC and Xbox will be available for free to everyone, tomorrow!

(in reply to Peter Griffin)
Post #: 24
RE: Left 4 Dead - 11/11/2008 2:41:39 PM   
BigKovacs

Been told by a guy at work that Amazon have it for £20, it was verbal so no link I'm afraid.

(in reply to Jim)
Post #: 25
RE: Left 4 Dead - 11/11/2008 2:55:32 PM   
Spektre

Some random person on GameFAQs is saying that the demo has been cancelled! Does anyone know of this is true? I'm at work so I can't check!

< Message edited by Spektre -- 11/11/2008 3:11:11 PM >

(in reply to BigKovacs)
Post #: 26
RE: Left 4 Dead - 11/11/2008 3:42:26 PM   
Sexual Harassment Panda

quote:

Been told by a guy at work that Amazon have it for £20, it was verbal so no link I'm afraid.

PC version.

Ole Gunnar Solskj�r - 1996-2007

Member of the MW2 Star 69 Club
Member of the CoD4 Mile High Club

(in reply to BigKovacs)
Post #: 27
RE: Left 4 Dead - 11/11/2008 4:39:31 PM   
DJ Satan

360 is £29.97.

Don't try to tell me that some power can corrupt a person
You hadn't had enough to know what it's like
You're only angry cause you wish you were in my position
Now nod your head cause you know that I'm right..alright!

(in reply to Sexual Harassment Panda)
Post #: 28
RE: Left 4 Dead - 11/11/2008 4:40:43 PM   
target

Demos up now!

We're not retreating we're advancing in another direction

Thanks for the AV darthbane.

(in reply to Sexual Harassment Panda)
Post #: 29
RE: Left 4 Dead - 11/11/2008 6:08:45 PM   
the anomaly

quote:

ORIGINAL: target

Demos up now!

Having trouble with the demo trying to download it again...just thought I would let everyone know!

(in reply to target)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> L4D & L4D2 - Home of The Best Empire Games Nights EVER!!! Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI