Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: THE SLASHER MOVIE FAN CLUB

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Favourite Films >> RE: THE SLASHER MOVIE FAN CLUB Page: <<   < prev  82 83 [84] 85 86   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: THE SLASHER MOVIE FAN CLUB - 15/8/2012 5:42:23 PM   
DEF

Yeah I knew it was a Anvil, makes for an epic hammer. Don't get me wrong the kills were awesome and the killer was a bad ass. It really has some cool moments that I liked.

SWEATSHOP SPOILERS
Like the rave at the end and the other kills. Just the rest of it is to irritating. If they had cut the crap torture scenes, the rubbish with the bottle, the hench women and rewritten the horrible characters and daft dialogue then it would be a classic. I know i might be being a little harsh here. I really did like some of it a heck of a lot. My guess is second time round with a few beers in me and i'll dig it more.

SLASHER MOVIE FAN CLUB - Come and join us!

SLASHER MOVIE BLU-RAY BLOG!

(in reply to Sleazy)
Post #: 2491
RE: THE SLASHER MOVIE FAN CLUB - 16/8/2012 9:05:08 AM   
DEF

Heads up guys, HMV.com have Halloween 4 and 5 at 8 quid each for preorder. Absolute bargain and your more or less likely to get it before release day. Freaking steal.

(in reply to DEF)
Post #: 2492
RE: THE SLASHER MOVIE FAN CLUB - 26/8/2012 10:00:03 PM   
DEF

Caved and ordered the French blu of 7eventy 5ive aka Dead Tone. Everyone loves Rutger Hauer.

Had a pretty fun week. Watched My Bloody Valentine and The Prowler with a mate and a few beers. When I first watched Prowler a little while ago I was abit underwhelmed by it. Must have been a bad day cos its dang fun. Then the next day I wake up and Scream 4s on the tele. Its definately my favourite of the sequals. Its really growing on me.

Should have Puppet Master Blu delivered when I get home. Anyone got anything good or watched much?

(in reply to DEF)
Post #: 2493
RE: THE SLASHER MOVIE FAN CLUB - 27/8/2012 2:42:19 PM   
DEF

Any idea if A Horrible Way to Die! is a slasher? Looks like its got some favourable reviews.

(in reply to DEF)
Post #: 2494
RE: THE SLASHER MOVIE FAN CLUB - 30/8/2012 10:12:20 AM   
Sleazy

I dont think it is, I looked it up a while ago 'cos you'd think do from the title.

Gamertag: Sleazycome

PSN ID: Sleazytoon

(in reply to DEF)
Post #: 2495
RE: THE SLASHER MOVIE FAN CLUB - 3/9/2012 10:12:29 PM   
DEF

Just watched 7eventy 5ive aka Dead Tone. Loved it.

SPOILERS
A group of college kids at a party play a prank phone calling game that goes very wrong.

Its the film that Scream lampoons so beautifully. Only its post Scream and is made as if all of the irony is lost on it, which at times makes it unintentionally hilarious. The premis is good fun if a little cheesy and the kills are old skool, hooded man with axe goodness. Good production values for a pretty unknown slasher to. The film clearly has a bit of a budget and a decent crew behind it.

Theres a couple of off screen kills which are a down right waste and maybe its slightly rushed at points but over all its good slashery fun.

The French blu has a photo gallery and making of, in English. The picture is good but nothing to shout about. Some of the film feels overly dark and perhaps theres some detail missing because of it. Having said that its got that glossy 2000ish slightly over produced production value so it may not be the transfers fault.

5.5 duffle coated swings of an axe out of 10

(in reply to Sleazy)
Post #: 2496
RE: THE SLASHER MOVIE FAN CLUB - 3/9/2012 10:25:59 PM   
vad3r

Saw The Collector recently. Good dark gory fun. A lot better than I expected. Any news on a sequel?

< Message edited by vad3r -- 3/9/2012 10:26:23 PM >

Single Virgin Mod Candidate 2013

quote:

ORIGINAL: horribleives
To paraphrase the great man himself:

Vad3r won't go anywhere near this.

(in reply to DEF)
Post #: 2497
RE: THE SLASHER MOVIE FAN CLUB - 4/9/2012 12:35:29 AM   
DEF

The Collector is awesome. The Collection is out at the end of the year and I'm really looking forward to it.

(in reply to vad3r)
Post #: 2498
RE: THE SLASHER MOVIE FAN CLUB - 4/9/2012 1:13:27 PM   
DONOVAN KURTWOOD

I'm planning on picking up My Bloody Valentine 3D, as in the proper 3D version rather than the terrible anaglyph 3D. I remember it looking really great at the cinema in real 3D.

Horror wisde i watched Piranha 3DD yesterday. The 3D is great, the movie not so much!

Definitely tempted to pick up Halloween 4, never really liked part 5 though. Does it look likely that there will be a UK blu of 2 and 3? I know they've both been released (or in part 2's case, re-released) in the US recently. I'll import if need be, but there's no point if its on its way over.

Thanks for the positive write up on 7eventy 5ive Def, i'll definitely get round to it at some point.

Pack your bags, we're going on a guilt trip!

(in reply to DEF)
Post #: 2499
RE: THE SLASHER MOVIE FAN CLUB - 5/9/2012 10:59:08 AM   
DEF

There's no firm news on H2&3 in the UK. Anchor Bay UK are releasing a DVD set of Halloween 1-5. I think they have sub licensed 2 and 3 which doesn't really bode well but you never know. To be honest the US Scream Factory Blus are likely the best they could be unless a full on restoration is done. Only down side is they are region locked. I've just preordered Terror Train from Scream Factory and I cant wait.

Yeah Piranha 3DD is a bit of a mess isn't it. Once its cheap I'll get it.

< Message edited by DEF -- 5/9/2012 11:30:14 AM >

(in reply to DONOVAN KURTWOOD)
Post #: 2500
RE: THE SLASHER MOVIE FAN CLUB - 5/9/2012 7:27:58 PM   
evil bill

Anybody know if there going to release Rob Zombies Halloween on UK region Blu-Ray,as i bought II for a fiver last week on Blu-Ray.
quote:

SPOILERS
A group of college kids at a party play a prank phone calling game that goes very wrong.

Its the film that Scream lampoons so beautifully. Only its post Scream and is made as if all of the irony is lost on it, which at times makes it unintentionally hilarious. The premis is good fun if a little cheesy and the kills are old skool, hooded man with axe goodness. Good production values for a pretty unknown slasher to. The film clearly has a bit of a budget and a decent crew behind it.

Theres a couple of off screen kills which are a down right waste and maybe its slightly rushed at points but over all its good slashery fun.

The French blu has a photo gallery and making of, in English. The picture is good but nothing to shout about. Some of the film feels overly dark and perhaps theres some detail missing because of it. Having said that its got that glossy 2000ish slightly over produced production value so it may not be the transfers fault.

SOUNDS FUN!!!

"You listen to me now,i will find you and i will kill you!"

(in reply to DEF)
Post #: 2501
RE: THE SLASHER MOVIE FAN CLUB - 5/9/2012 8:57:11 PM   
DONOVAN KURTWOOD

quote:

ORIGINAL: evil bill

Anybody know if there going to release Rob Zombies Halloween on UK region Blu-Ray,as i bought II for a fiver last week on Blu-Ray.
quote:

SPOILERS

SOUNDS FUN!!!

This is a weird one that Def might be able to shed more light on. I cant believe it hasnt had a UK blu ray release, its bizarre as its much better than part 2

(in reply to evil bill)
Post #: 2502
RE: THE SLASHER MOVIE FAN CLUB - 7/9/2012 8:35:54 AM   
DEF

Yeah Halloween is a weird one. I don't know why for sure but I've always assumed it was simply because it was released back when the studios picked and choosed what new releases made it to Blu. I'd be suprised if it ever gets a release here now. Maybe if a 3rd installment does well theatrically. If you want it your best option is the Austrailian edition. Its UK region friendly, is the Directors cut and has the mammoth 4+hr making of also in HD on disc 2.

Weirdly we only have the theatrical cut of Zombie's H2 and everywhere seems to have the DC. Might have to get the US blu myself to see how it differs.

Post #: 2503
RE: THE SLASHER MOVIE FAN CLUB - 7/9/2012 8:25:26 PM   
DONOVAN KURTWOOD

a 4 hour making of? F me thats incredible, in HD too? Sounds like that's the release to get!

(in reply to DEF)
Post #: 2504
RE: THE SLASHER MOVIE FAN CLUB - 7/9/2012 9:19:16 PM   
DEF

Yeah it follows the entire production from start to finish. Its pretty epic.

Post #: 2505
RE: THE SLASHER MOVIE FAN CLUB - 10/9/2012 8:12:02 AM   
Sleazy

Watched me some horrors on Saturday night!

First up was Simon Says. Not bad. Its a by the numbers teens go camping and get slaughtered fest. The story is rubbish and theres a few WTF? moments but some nice kills, most of which involve pickaxes (tho theres one quite nasty burning scene) Crispin Glover stars and over acts his boots off. Nothing groundbreaking but I've watched a lot worse. Great bit in the end credits: "No dogs were stomped, thrown, or run over by cars (twice), during the making of this motion picture."

Next we put on Acolytes. This is one of the darkest films I've ever seen. Its not a slasher tho, much more a psychological mystery. Really good story of two boys who blackmail a serial killer into killing the man who abused them years earlier. Some good performances from the aussie cast and a great twist I didnt see coming.

Lastly was Scarce. Easily the worst film of the night although it had its moments. Terrible acting and micro budget hamper it. The story of cannibals in the wilderness has been done plenty times. Theres some very gory bits but a lot of parts when you cant suspend your disbelief. For example one guy had had his leg broken and the shin bone was through the skin. He then has the flesh cut away from his back exposing his spine yet is still able to attempt to run when the baddies "hunt" him. Crap ending too.

< Message edited by Sleazy -- 10/9/2012 8:14:20 AM >

Gamertag: Sleazycome

PSN ID: Sleazytoon

(in reply to DEF)
Post #: 2506
RE: THE SLASHER MOVIE FAN CLUB - 11/9/2012 6:23:31 PM   
evil bill

Thanks guys looks like i'll have to try and get the Aussie Blu-Ray of Halloween,just love the fact it has 4 Hours of making of.Shame we can't get a proper version of the DC of part II,but you never know,maybe time toget a region free Blu-Ray player.Or just srtick toDVD???

"You listen to me now,i will find you and i will kill you!"

(in reply to DEF)
Post #: 2507
RE: THE SLASHER MOVIE FAN CLUB - 12/9/2012 9:38:23 AM   
DEF

There are a couple of options for the H2 Directors Cut which are UK region friendly. Holland and Germany have it but its cut in Germany. The best option though is the French edition that includes the theatrical and DC.

EDIT - Yeah the French isn't the way to go. It has forced French subtitles on both cuts. Apparently the US disc is region free so that's the way to go.

< Message edited by DEF -- 12/9/2012 9:42:06 AM >

(in reply to evil bill)
Post #: 2508
RE: THE SLASHER MOVIE FAN CLUB - 12/9/2012 11:15:21 AM   
DEF

Its pay day so I thought I'd do some damage to my funds. I've pre ordered Hatchet For The Honeymoon Blu from the US which comes out on the 18th. Also Puppet Master 2 & 3 Blus are up for pre order at 8 each at HMV which at that price it would be rude not to. Then I got the US Harpoon: Whale Watching Massacre and German Jack the Reaper blus at pretty good prices. Here's hoping they don't suck

Not to mention Cabin the Woods is the 24th of September.

(in reply to DEF)
Post #: 2509
RE: THE SLASHER MOVIE FAN CLUB - 23/9/2012 5:42:51 PM   
menslow1111

Halloween (Original)
Texas Chainsaw (Original)
Devil's Rejects

Hey!

Look at this AWESOME film being developed in Vancouver and Seattle about
Ted Bundy! It looks SUPER legit!

http://www.stage32.com/profile/390/project/theodore-based-life-and-case-files-serial-killer-ted-bundy

This NEEEEEDS to get made! I would totally go see this!

Post #: 2510
RE: THE SLASHER MOVIE FAN CLUB - 23/9/2012 5:51:07 PM   
DONOVAN KURTWOOD

quote:

ORIGINAL: DEF

Its pay day so I thought I'd do some damage to my funds. I've pre ordered Hatchet For The Honeymoon Blu from the US which comes out on the 18th. Also Puppet Master 2 & 3 Blus are up for pre order at 8 each at HMV which at that price it would be rude not to. Then I got the US Harpoon: Whale Watching Massacre and German Jack the Reaper blus at pretty good prices. Here's hoping they don't suck

Not to mention Cabin the Woods is the 24th of September.

Def did you have problems with your copy of Cabin by the Woods? I was gonna pick it up tomorrow but after reading about the problems, im gonna have to hold off.

(in reply to DEF)
Post #: 2511
RE: THE SLASHER MOVIE FAN CLUB - 23/9/2012 7:06:40 PM   
DEF

Yep, I'm pretty sure every disc has the issue. They are going to have to do a replacement program. If I was Lionsgate I'd delay and recall the release whilst theres still time.

Otherwise though the film looks and sounds great, better than when I saw it in the cinema in some scenes. I'm not too irritated by the freezes to be honest. Like I said over at blu-ray.com, its very similar to when a DVD switches layers and pauses very briefly only it happens around 10 times. Its annoying but because of 10+ years of DVDs I'm use to it.

Post #: 2512
RE: THE SLASHER MOVIE FAN CLUB - 23/9/2012 7:13:30 PM   
DONOVAN KURTWOOD

quote:

Yep, I'm pretty sure every disc has the issue. They are going to have to do a replacement program. If I was Lionsgate I'd delay and recall the release whilst theres still time.

Otherwise though the film looks and sounds great, better than when I saw it in the cinema in some scenes. I'm not too irritated by the freezes to be honest. Like I said over at blu-ray.com, its very similar to when a DVD switches layers and pauses very briefly only it happens around 10 times. Its annoying but because of 10+ years of DVDs I'm use to it.

This whole thing is extra annoying as i havent seen the movie yet and was really looking forward to it tomorrow, having to wait even longer sucks. Plus i bet the Steelbook will end up selling out before the problem is sorted (hopefully not)

(in reply to DEF)
Post #: 2513
RE: THE SLASHER MOVIE FAN CLUB - 23/9/2012 7:49:21 PM   
DEF

Yeah that is annoying. Combine this with the the Avengers debacle and its been a shoddy couple of weeks. The quality control is embarrasing. These arn't small indie releases with issues like the occasional hicup Arrow has. I'm gutted for you mate, the films a great laugh.

EDIT - If the Steelbook does sell out mate the lenticular sleave is very nice.

< Message edited by DEF -- 23/9/2012 7:53:06 PM >

Post #: 2514
RE: THE SLASHER MOVIE FAN CLUB - 23/9/2012 8:51:46 PM   
DEF

In other irritating news for my self, Hatchet for the Honeymoon arrived and my rubbish region free player won't play the picture. Probably because theres never been a firmware update available for it. Looks like I'm going to have to look for a new secondary player.

(in reply to DEF)
Post #: 2515
RE: THE SLASHER MOVIE FAN CLUB - 23/9/2012 8:59:22 PM   
DONOVAN KURTWOOD

Yeah i saw a pic of the lenticular sleeve and thought it looked pretty cool also. That is very annoying about Hatchet for the Honeymoon mate. In slasher related news, i got the proper stereoscopic 3D version of My Bloody Valentine 3D finally, so i can get to see it how i saw it at the cinema. It's a great looking movie, with plenty of fun pop out FX.

(in reply to DEF)
Post #: 2516
RE: THE SLASHER MOVIE FAN CLUB - 24/9/2012 5:52:04 PM   
DEF

The Collection Trailer

Not sure about that to be honest. Ordered Cornered and Hack! from Germany. Who doesn't want to own slashers with Steve Guttenberg and Winnie from The Wonder Years!?

Post #: 2517
RE: THE SLASHER MOVIE FAN CLUB - 24/9/2012 7:18:21 PM   
DONOVAN KURTWOOD

Ha ha

I'm gonna skip watching The Collection trailer myself, i find horror trailers show way too much from the movie and i want to see it toally fresh. Really looking forward to it though!

(in reply to DEF)
Post #: 2518
RE: THE SLASHER MOVIE FAN CLUB - 24/9/2012 7:46:08 PM   
gunstar

quote:

The Collection Trailer

Not sure about that to be honest. Ordered Cornered and Hack! from Germany. Who doesn't want to own slashers with Steve Guttenberg and Winnie from The Wonder Years!?

I actually really enjoyed Cornered - it had some good kills and a surprisingly high standard of acting for a low-budget slasher.

'We can take these Deadites! We can take them.....with science."

"We'll get 'em. We'll throw the book at them. Assault and kidnapping. Assault with a gun and a bourbon and a sports car."

"Falcon! Grab my ankles!"

(in reply to DEF)
Post #: 2519
RE: THE SLASHER MOVIE FAN CLUB - 24/9/2012 9:26:33 PM   
DEF

Thats good to hear gunstar. Having just watched Jack the Reaper it would be good to see a low budget slasher worth watching.

(in reply to gunstar)
Post #: 2520
Page:   <<   < prev  82 83 [84] 85 86   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Favourite Films >> RE: THE SLASHER MOVIE FAN CLUB Page: <<   < prev  82 83 [84] 85 86   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI