Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: THE SLASHER MOVIE FAN CLUB

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Favourite Films >> RE: THE SLASHER MOVIE FAN CLUB Page: <<   < prev  80 81 [82] 83 84   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: THE SLASHER MOVIE FAN CLUB - 19/6/2012 1:06:14 PM   
DEF

Every now and then I um and ahh about importing Cornered! Cheers for the review. It bumps it down my priorities considerably.

It has got a bit quiet here hasn't it? To be honest the only slasher BD I've watched recently is Candyman which got for the bargain price of 4.80. I'm sure you've all seen it so it goes with out saying its freaking awesome. The Blu is completely void of extras sadly. They could have at least ported the SE DVD features. The picture is very nice at times but is quite abit dirty and rather inconsistant at others.

What struck me watching it this time is how much it would have been the perfect sequal to Nightmare on Elm Street. Its as if they had watched NOES 2 and thought 'theres a good idea in here somewhere' and remade it the right way.

As for slasher BD news. Terror Train, Hatchet for the Honeymoon and Halloween 4 & 5 now have locked US release dates. All of which I cant wait for.

SLASHER MOVIE FAN CLUB - Come and join us!

SLASHER MOVIE BLU-RAY BLOG!

(in reply to Sleazy)
Post #: 2431
RE: THE SLASHER MOVIE FAN CLUB - 21/6/2012 1:34:51 PM   
gunstar

I watched Hatchet 2 last night. For some reason it felt llike a major rush job with some extremely strange pacing issues. Is it just me?

< Message edited by gunstar -- 21/6/2012 1:35:13 PM >

'We can take these Deadites! We can take them.....with science."

"We'll get 'em. We'll throw the book at them. Assault and kidnapping. Assault with a gun and a bourbon and a sports car."

"Falcon! Grab my ankles!"

(in reply to DEF)
Post #: 2432
RE: THE SLASHER MOVIE FAN CLUB - 21/6/2012 6:51:23 PM   
DEF

Its not you, Hatchet 2 is a mess. It takes nearly an hour for Danielle Harris to get back to the swamp so the slasher movie can start then in about half an hour its over with maybe one or two genuinely good kills and no suspense. The entire recruitment waffle should have gone no more than the first 20 minutes to allow what we were all hoping for (more of what was great about the first one).

(in reply to gunstar)
Post #: 2433
RE: THE SLASHER MOVIE FAN CLUB - 21/6/2012 9:50:12 PM   
gunstar

It's a shame as there was some good stuff in there - I thought that the fodder was relatively likeable and well acted (something I really appreciate when it comes to slashers these days), Danielle Harris put in another solid performance, the death scenes harking back to the pre-CGI 80s, Tony Todd being, well, Tony Todd.

But it all seemed so rushed and thought, almost like the horror was an afterthought. Shame really as I enjoyed the first one.

'We can take these Deadites! We can take them.....with science."

"We'll get 'em. We'll throw the book at them. Assault and kidnapping. Assault with a gun and a bourbon and a sports car."

"Falcon! Grab my ankles!"

(in reply to DEF)
Post #: 2434
RE: THE SLASHER MOVIE FAN CLUB - 22/6/2012 8:47:16 AM   
DEF

I'm still hopeful for Hatchet 3 which is production now. Adam Green has written it but isn't directing. Hopefully some new blood will help it. Plus Danielle Harris and Kane Hodder are nothing but awesome. Theres a few photos floating around from the production so its definately all systems go.

(in reply to gunstar)
Post #: 2435
RE: THE SLASHER MOVIE FAN CLUB - 7/7/2012 8:20:29 AM   
DEF

Been a while guys. I've more or less unintentionally taken the month off from Slashers. What you guys been watching if anything?

I've just ordered Urban Explorers blu and the German blu of Kill Theory so I'm getting back on the horse.

(in reply to DEF)
Post #: 2436
RE: THE SLASHER MOVIE FAN CLUB - 8/7/2012 3:15:05 PM   
DONOVAN KURTWOOD

I haven't seen a new slasher in ages mate! There's not been anything to grab my attention unfortunately.

Pack your bags, we're going on a guilt trip!

(in reply to DEF)
Post #: 2437
RE: THE SLASHER MOVIE FAN CLUB - 9/7/2012 8:36:05 AM   
Sleazy

I watched Night of the Demons(2009) over the weekend if that can be called a slasher (people do get slashed). Not awful, in fact my girlfriend really liked it. Worth watching for a couple of stunning actresses and to see just how rough Edward Furlong looks these days.

Gamertag: Sleazycome

PSN ID: Sleazytoon

(in reply to DONOVAN KURTWOOD)
Post #: 2438
RE: THE SLASHER MOVIE FAN CLUB - 9/7/2012 9:19:32 AM   
DEF

I really don't count Night of the Demons as slasher personally. At first I really wasnt a fan but I think I'd taken my fun with silly films hat off that evening. Now I quite like it after a second viewing. Its bad but just fun enough to get a pass. Plus Tiffany Shepis ~

Detention is out on Blu at the end of the month in the States. Did it get a UK release theatrically does anyone know? Not sure if it slipped past me.

Also is the flick Choose a slasher? Its got a proper slashery cover.

(in reply to Sleazy)
Post #: 2439
RE: THE SLASHER MOVIE FAN CLUB - 9/7/2012 7:03:10 PM   
Sleazy

Choose is a Saw clone, not as good as Saw/Collector/Are you scared.

Tiffany Shepis isnt in Night of the Demons is she?

Has anyone seen Laid to Rest? cover looks good, but I had never heard of it.

(in reply to DEF)
Post #: 2440
RE: THE SLASHER MOVIE FAN CLUB - 10/7/2012 1:19:38 AM   
DEF

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sleazy

Choose is a Saw clone, not as good as Saw/Collector/Are you scared.

Tiffany Shepis isnt in Night of the Demons is she?

Has anyone seen Laid to Rest? cover looks good, but I had never heard of it.

Yeah she's the girl on the door who takes the entrance money. Ok its not much more than a cameo but she has a small story arc.

Thing is I consider Collector a slasher where as SAW not at all.

I really want Laid to Rest but its pricey to import on Blu uncut. I hear its pretty brutal but good though.

(in reply to Sleazy)
Post #: 2441
RE: THE SLASHER MOVIE FAN CLUB - 10/7/2012 8:27:47 AM   
Sleazy

You'll probably like it then. The baddie is more involved in the murderers. He doesnt leave them in a ticking trap he gives them a choice of what he is going to go to them then does it (be disfigured or blinded etc), a little bit likea cross between Jigsaw and John Doe in Se7en I guess.

(in reply to DEF)
Post #: 2442
RE: THE SLASHER MOVIE FAN CLUB - 10/7/2012 1:26:41 PM   
DONOVAN KURTWOOD

quote:

ORIGINAL: DEF

I really don't count Night of the Demons as slasher personally. At first I really wasnt a fan but I think I'd taken my fun with silly films hat off that evening. Now I quite like it after a second viewing. Its bad but just fun enough to get a pass. Plus Tiffany Shepis ~

Detention is out on Blu at the end of the month in the States. Did it get a UK release theatrically does anyone know? Not sure if it slipped past me.

Now if we're talking about the same Detention, then its directed by Joseph Kahn who directed one of my alltime favourite movies, Torque. The most insane action movie ever made TM. The dude rocks and even gave me a shout out on twitter because i was singing Torque's praises on these forums! Top bloke. I really want to see Detention as he's apparently had some real grief with the distributor over its release.

If we're not talking about the same Detention, then please ignore all the above!

(in reply to DEF)
Post #: 2443
RE: THE SLASHER MOVIE FAN CLUB - 10/7/2012 4:06:58 PM   
DEF

quote:

ORIGINAL: DONOVAN KURTWOOD

quote:

Now if we're talking about the same Detention, then its directed by Joseph Kahn who directed one of my alltime favourite movies, Torque. The most insane action movie ever made TM. The dude rocks and even gave me a shout out on twitter because i was singing Torque's praises on these forums! Top bloke. I really want to see Detention as he's apparently had some real grief with the distributor over its release.

If we're not talking about the same Detention, then please ignore all the above!

That's the Badger DK. Think I'll probably import it once its out.

Post #: 2444
RE: THE SLASHER MOVIE FAN CLUB - 11/7/2012 2:39:50 PM   
Sleazy

Laid to Rest was decent, some nice gory kills. The characters are beyond dumb though, even for a slasher they make crazy decisions.

The large breasted heroine is easy on the eye though, turns out shes the directors partner and the same girl as popped up (and almost popped out) of Night of the Demons.

Got Laid to Rest 2 to watch next.

(in reply to DEF)
Post #: 2445
RE: THE SLASHER MOVIE FAN CLUB - 11/7/2012 7:36:29 PM   
DONOVAN KURTWOOD

Yeah i would, maybe its that smokers voice of hers

great gore FX. didn't the director do the FX too? Or am i wrong there?

(in reply to Sleazy)
Post #: 2446
RE: THE SLASHER MOVIE FAN CLUB - 11/7/2012 9:24:54 PM   
DEF

I'm looking at ordering Laid to Rest tomorow. Good to know its worth a watch cos its pretty dang pricey from Austria.

Infact if you guys could do me a favour and have a butchers at my blog and look at the list of titles I don't have. If theres anything better than Laid to Rest then let me know. As I say its pretty pricey so if theres better then I'd rather spend more wisely.

Talking of stupid characters I just watched Urban Explorers. Its sort of in thd vain of Wolf Creek and borders on a Torture film as much as a Slasher. Worth a watch but don't run out and get it.

The Blu is completely void of extras but picture looks quite nice. I'd say it was shot on high end digital. Theres no sign of grain at all but it looks natrual rather than overzelous DNR. The cinematography and production design is top notch so visually its a step above most low budget stuff.

< Message edited by DEF -- 11/7/2012 9:30:06 PM >

Post #: 2447
RE: THE SLASHER MOVIE FAN CLUB - 12/7/2012 1:29:30 PM   
DONOVAN KURTWOOD

Movies that you don't have that i'd buy BEFORE Laid to Rest:

Black Xmas remake (Canada you say? Grab me a copy, i love this movie!)
Maniac
New York Ripper
Halloween H20
Halloween 6
Cold Prey
Tenebrae (why don't you already own this??? lol)
Halloween 5
Time Crimes (this movie is incredible, i didnt even know it was available on blu?)
End of the Line (another incredible movie, sounds like i should get myself over to Amazon Germany!)

< Message edited by DONOVAN KURTWOOD -- 12/7/2012 1:32:23 PM >

(in reply to DEF)
Post #: 2448
RE: THE SLASHER MOVIE FAN CLUB - 12/7/2012 1:36:12 PM   
DONOVAN KURTWOOD

Dude do you know if the German Timecrimes has English subtitles? I'm definitely going to order End of the Line as it's amazing, but i really want Timecrimes too.

Post #: 2449
RE: THE SLASHER MOVIE FAN CLUB - 12/7/2012 1:37:00 PM   
DONOVAN KURTWOOD

Actutally looking at the product info (albeit in German which i can't read) it doesn't look like it has English subtitles

Post #: 2450
RE: THE SLASHER MOVIE FAN CLUB - 12/7/2012 5:07:50 PM   
DEF

Cheers for that DK. Yeah sadly Timecrimes has no English subs on either the 1 or 2 disc versions.

I've listed Halloween 6 & H20 purely for others reference cos I've got them on the Canadian 3 film disc and they are actually better quality on it by along way than the ropey US individual releases.

I'm still working on getting Cold Prey from a mate of a mate in Norway.

Technically I bought Maniac in December in the Horror Movie Empire nightmare. I'm holding out for what I paid for. I know its a long shot at this point.

Trust me I'm desperate for Tenebrae. The issues with the Arrow disc have put me off just because I know when it gets a better release I'll be compelled to double dip. The only other version is the French release which is expensive and has forced French subs.

Black Christmas I've been close to getting for years. I think your right I should go for it. The only reason I hesitate is its pricey and the only the theatrical cut of the film. I've not seen either version. Is the theatrical a significantly lesser film than the unrated like with Prom Night?

New York Ripper and End of the Line sound like a plan though mate. Thanks for point me in the right direction.

Post #: 2451
RE: THE SLASHER MOVIE FAN CLUB - 12/7/2012 8:46:27 PM   
DEF

Looks like I've gone German on the imports. As per your adivece DK I've ordered End of the Line and thrown in Insane and Simon Says for the heck of it. I'm waiting on a enquiry into a reasonably price US copy of New York Ripper to.

If any of you have seen Insane or Simon Says let me know if I should abort.

Post #: 2452
RE: THE SLASHER MOVIE FAN CLUB - 12/7/2012 8:59:40 PM   
DONOVAN KURTWOOD

quote:

Looks like I've gone German on the imports. As per your adivece DK I've ordered End of the Line and thrown in Insane and Simon Says for the heck of it. I'm waiting on a enquiry into a reasonably price US copy of New York Ripper to.

If any of you have seen Insane or Simon Says let me know if I should abort.

Before you order New York Ripper i just better say that its not very slashery. It's VERY graphic in terms of gore and quite a nasty movie. I recommend it as i'm a big Fulci fan, but its half cop thriller too.

End of the Line is awesome, i hope you enjoy! Not too slashery, but a really immense horror and really well done on a low budget. Very chilling too.

Simons Says is OK if we're talking about the Crispin Glover movie. It's kind of mad, but then anything he does seems to be!

(in reply to DEF)
Post #: 2453
RE: THE SLASHER MOVIE FAN CLUB - 12/7/2012 9:02:37 PM   
DONOVAN KURTWOOD

quote:

Cheers for that DK. Yeah sadly Timecrimes has no English subs on either the 1 or 2 disc versions.

I've listed Halloween 6 & H20 purely for others reference cos I've got them on the Canadian 3 film disc and they are actually better quality on it by along way than the ropey US individual releases.

Trust me I'm desperate for Tenebrae. The issues with the Arrow disc have put me off just because I know when it gets a better release I'll be compelled to double dip. The only other version is the French release which is expensive and has forced French subs.

Black Christmas I've been close to getting for years. I think your right I should go for it. The only reason I hesitate is its pricey and the only the theatrical cut of the film. I've not seen either version. Is the theatrical a significantly lesser film than the unrated like with Prom Night?

That sucks re: Timecrimes, big time. That movie is amazing.

Regarding Halloweens it sounds like maybe i should opt for that canadian disc you've refered to?

I love the Arrow packaging and video range so im a sucker for them! The Tenebrae transfer is problematic to say the least but it was a good level of detail and strong colours. Great commentary from Kim Newman and Alan Jones too.

I only own the Black Xmas unrated DVD. I saw it in theatres but that was 6 years ago! I can't remember the differences in terms of gore unfortunately. A site somewhere must list the differences.

(in reply to DEF)
Post #: 2454
RE: THE SLASHER MOVIE FAN CLUB - 12/7/2012 9:28:50 PM   
DEF

Yeah same Simon Says. Glover is awesome and the trailer makes it look fun.

Watched the trailer for House of Fears, looks fun any idea how Slashery it is?

I like a bit of Fulci so im definatlely going to give Ripper a go.

In regards to H6 and H20 I would hold off. They have both come out in France recently and may be even better than the Canadian triple feature although thats uncomfirmed. They all use the same master but they bodged the encode on the US Eco Bridge releases. Wrong aspect ratio/inferior picture. It wouldn't suprise me to see a UK port of the French discs. The triple feature isnt perfect but its good value.

< Message edited by DEF -- 12/7/2012 9:30:58 PM >

Post #: 2455
RE: THE SLASHER MOVIE FAN CLUB - 13/7/2012 8:59:18 AM   
Sleazy

the obvious ones for me are the Wrong Turn movies, only the 3rd one is weak and even thats watchable at least once.

Sweatshop is better than Laid to Rest. Just get past the initial 30 mins and the directors obvious hard on for cyber goth.

Train was better.

I had never looked at your blog before, brilliant! Gonna use that as a reference to find me some more films. I'm not on a blu ray missionm like yourself (although if I really like a film I will get the blu).

(in reply to DEF)
Post #: 2456
RE: THE SLASHER MOVIE FAN CLUB - 13/7/2012 4:19:25 PM   
DEF

Cheers Sleazy. I'm doing my best to hold out for another release of the Wrong Turn films. The US box set is pricey and the picture is ropey. I really like the first one and it deserves a decent transfer.

I totally forgot about Train. Will look into that.

(in reply to Sleazy)
Post #: 2457
RE: THE SLASHER MOVIE FAN CLUB - 13/7/2012 7:20:20 PM   
DEF

Not that I can even vaguely afford it but I've finally pulled the trigger and ordered the uncut Austrian Blus of Laid to Rest and Sweatshop. I was only planning on getting Sweatshop but with the crazy postage it made sense to get the both of them.

(in reply to DEF)
Post #: 2458
RE: THE SLASHER MOVIE FAN CLUB - 14/7/2012 8:01:22 PM   
Sleazy

Dammit I just finished watching Detention, it was so bad I googled it and realised it was the wrong film. This one is from 2010 with David Carradine!

(in reply to DEF)
Post #: 2459
RE: THE SLASHER MOVIE FAN CLUB - 16/7/2012 2:48:39 PM   
DEF

I won't lie to you Sleazy, that gave me a bit of a chuckle. Let us know what you think of Detention once you find the right one :)

Very impressed with Amazon Germany. End of the Line and Insane blus have just arrived in less than a week.

Post #: 2460
Page:   <<   < prev  80 81 [82] 83 84   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Favourite Films >> RE: THE SLASHER MOVIE FAN CLUB Page: <<   < prev  80 81 [82] 83 84   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI