Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: THE SLASHER MOVIE FAN CLUB

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Favourite Films >> RE: THE SLASHER MOVIE FAN CLUB Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: THE SLASHER MOVIE FAN CLUB - 15/7/2008 8:18:25 PM   
tommyjarvis

quote:

ORIGINAL: DONOVAN KURTWOOD

Anyone seen I'll Always Know What You Did Last Summer? I just ordered it from play.com. Was a big fan of the first two, they were a good flipside to the Scream movies, lacking the majority of the post modern irony.

It is godawful, I am sorry to say. I'm not even sure they watched the first two before making it. It also has one of those WTF endings which makes it even worse.

"I've been too honest with myself, I should have lied like everybody else"

My Top 101 Rock Songs - The first Audiophile list to actually get completed!

(in reply to DONOVAN KURTWOOD)
Post #: 61
RE: THE SLASHER MOVIE FAN CLUB - 15/7/2008 8:33:14 PM   
evil bill

quote:

ORIGINAL: tommyjarvis

quote:

Anyone seen I'll Always Know What You Did Last Summer? I just ordered it from play.com. Was a big fan of the first two, they were a good flipside to the Scream movies, lacking the majority of the post modern irony.

It is godawful, I am sorry to say. I'm not even sure they watched the first two before making it. It also has one of those WTF endings which makes it even worse.

Could of added it's the biggest piece of shit but maybe thats too strong,i'm glad i only rented it.Scream went the same way 2 was not to bad but 3,they just seem to not be able to add anything worthwhile to the series.

"You listen to me now,i will find you and i will kill you!"

(in reply to tommyjarvis)
Post #: 62
RE: THE SLASHER MOVIE FAN CLUB - 15/7/2008 10:25:35 PM   
DONOVAN KURTWOOD

Oh yippee, well it's a bit late now. Mind you i do have quite a high tolerance for naff slashers as well as good ones. I actually think Scream 3 is alright too. Hell, i like The Clown at Midnight!!!

Pack your bags, we're going on a guilt trip!

(in reply to evil bill)
Post #: 63
RE: THE SLASHER MOVIE FAN CLUB - 16/7/2008 1:31:32 AM   
tommyjarvis

I think I saw the Clown At Midnight once. I seem to remember it being quite good fun.

Post #: 64
RE: THE SLASHER MOVIE FAN CLUB - 16/7/2008 11:34:35 AM   
DONOVAN KURTWOOD

Yeah it's great, although the heroine is ur typical stuck up prissy final girl. Has anyone seen Lover's Lane? With a pre-Scary Movie Anna Faris. It's REALLY good as far as last decade slashers go, i'm a big fan. I think it's titled 'i'm still watching you' over here, or some crap like that.

Post #: 65
RE: THE SLASHER MOVIE FAN CLUB - 16/7/2008 12:17:16 PM   
DAVID GILLESPIE

I'm not a great fan of slasher movies as they are generally unimaginative and downright irritating (stupid people getting sliced and diced). However I did love slasher/ thriller, Identity. It shows what can be done with a good plot and a decent cast.

Cludge Judge * Cold Fish

Post #: 66
RE: THE SLASHER MOVIE FAN CLUB - 16/7/2008 4:08:46 PM   
DONOVAN KURTWOOD

Thanks, this is a FAN club

(in reply to DAVID GILLESPIE)
Post #: 67
RE: THE SLASHER MOVIE FAN CLUB - 16/7/2008 5:00:54 PM   
Halloweenfreak

Yeah a Fan club for Slasher fans...if you have a well known cast for a slasher film now that would be stupid cause you'll know who's gonna die and who will survive I mean with Halloween Jamie Lee Curtis is a legend in those movies but they can't do it now thats what I love about new comers for slasher films you can kill em all

"I met this 6 year old child with this blank, pale emtionless face and the blackest eyes...the Devils eyes"- Dr.Loomis 'Halloween'

"These are the eyes of a Psychopath"

Whoa Dream Big- Juno

Post #: 68
RE: THE SLASHER MOVIE FAN CLUB - 16/7/2008 8:32:16 PM   
The REAL Bozz

SCREAM 4 !!!!!!!!!!

If Williamson aint writing it I aint bothered with it.

I Always Know What You Did Last Summer is v.poor but has some cool shots and one funny line.

Films I've watched
Star Trek Into Darkness ***
Iron Man 3 *****
Evil Dead (2013) ***
Bait 3D ***

(in reply to Halloweenfreak)
Post #: 69
RE: THE SLASHER MOVIE FAN CLUB - 16/7/2008 11:17:12 PM   
DONOVAN KURTWOOD

Well i'm in for it now regardless, oh and Scream 4, bring it on regardless!!

(in reply to The REAL Bozz)
Post #: 70
RE: THE SLASHER MOVIE FAN CLUB - 17/7/2008 9:16:22 AM   
Halloweenfreak

I hate it when they do a froth film to a good trilogy like Saw, the same with Final Destination there doing a forth for that....STUPID, see I thought there was already meant to be a forth scream which is kinda cheap and shit called Final Scream

"I met this 6 year old child with this blank, pale emtionless face and the blackest eyes...the Devils eyes"- Dr.Loomis 'Halloween'

Whoa Dream Big- Juno

Post #: 71
RE: THE SLASHER MOVIE FAN CLUB - 17/7/2008 10:10:43 AM   
DONOVAN KURTWOOD

Well imagine how slasher fans back in the day felt when Friday 4 and Halloween 4 were released, and both of those are awwwwweeeesome!!!

Post #: 72
RE: THE SLASHER MOVIE FAN CLUB - 17/7/2008 2:13:23 PM   
tommyjarvis

Not to mention Elm Street 4 and the unparalleled Bride of Chucky.

Post #: 73
RE: THE SLASHER MOVIE FAN CLUB - 17/7/2008 2:47:49 PM   
evil bill

quote:

Not to mention Elm Street 4 and the unparalleled Bride of Chucky.

BRIDE OF CHUCKY now that was a great sequal to a fine bunch of movies,and the knowing nods to some of ye old horror movies,was very Scream inspired.

"You listen to me now,i will find you and i will kill you!"

Post #: 74
RE: THE SLASHER MOVIE FAN CLUB - 17/7/2008 3:12:11 PM   
Halloweenfreak

Friday 4 and Halloween 4 are two of the best slashers ever  for me if known of the Halloween's, Friday's, Nightmare on elm street or Hellraisers did any seqeules then the 80's would have sucked cause how I see thats what the 80's was all about the endless, awesome slasher films came out one after the other.

Bride of Chucky is a wicked film...Seed was ok but nothin special.

Whoa Dream Big- Juno

(in reply to evil bill)
Post #: 75
RE: THE SLASHER MOVIE FAN CLUB - 19/7/2008 6:20:56 PM   
The REAL Bozz

All The Boys Love Mandy Lane

Ok, I may get some disagreement from some of you guys but I thought this was one of the best slashers I have seen since Scream. In fact it is up there with Scream. Yet it has the seriousness of the original Halloween flowing through it. Not a pop culutre savy teen in sight here. In fact try and think what it would be like if John Hughes (The Breakfast Club, Sixteen Candels, Ferris Bulers Day Off) had of written and directed a slasher. This is it.

Sadly I think many people are already aware of the twist in the last act of the film. No matter it is still effective. If you are blind going into this then you are in for a real tweet. All you need to know about the plot is that Mandy Lane is the girl every guy wants to be with and every girl wants to be. A group and popular kids convince Mandy to go away with them for the weekend to a ranch and then people start to go missing. That's all you need to know.

The deaths are effective, the acting is solid and the dialogue is natural and very true of the way teens can be one anothers best friend and worst enemy. Make no mistake this is a nasty film. Word of warning with regards to the gore. It's minimal. So don't go expecting somthing along the lines of Hatchet.

Empire have never been so wrong. Brilliantly directed, a lovely score and great photography all combine to make this film look and sound amazing. Fuck it. It's a modern slasher that will go down as a classic along with Halloween, Black Christmas and Scream. Disagree? Fair enough but I am so happy I have the pleasure to own this and go back to it again and again.

I rarely go into this much detail with a review but sometimes you just gotta give a film the respect it deserves. I wanna talk about this with all of you so hurry up and watch it. I guarantee you will fall in love with Mandy Lane.

< Message edited by The REAL Bozz -- 19/7/2008 6:29:49 PM >

Films I've watched
Iron Man 3 *****
Evil Dead (2013) ***
Bait 3D ***

Post #: 76
RE: THE SLASHER MOVIE FAN CLUB - 19/7/2008 7:58:55 PM   
Halloweenfreak

I seriously can not wait to see this film I should be buying it next friday when i get paid so yeah hyped about it

Whoa Dream Big- Juno

Post #: 77
RE: THE SLASHER MOVIE FAN CLUB - 20/7/2008 12:15:22 PM   
DONOVAN KURTWOOD

quote:

ORIGINAL: The REAL Bozz

All The Boys Love Mandy Lane

Ok, I may get some disagreement from some of you guys but I thought this was one of the best slashers I have seen since Scream. In fact it is up there with Scream. Yet it has the seriousness of the original Halloween flowing through it. Not a pop culutre savy teen in sight here. In fact try and think what it would be like if John Hughes (The Breakfast Club, Sixteen Candels, Ferris Bulers Day Off) had of written and directed a slasher. This is it.

Sadly I think many people are already aware of the twist in the last act of the film. No matter it is still effective. If you are blind going into this then you are in for a real tweet. All you need to know about the plot is that Mandy Lane is the girl every guy wants to be with and every girl wants to be. A group and popular kids convince Mandy to go away with them for the weekend to a ranch and then people start to go missing. That's all you need to know.

The deaths are effective, the acting is solid and the dialogue is natural and very true of the way teens can be one anothers best friend and worst enemy. Make no mistake this is a nasty film. Word of warning with regards to the gore. It's minimal. So don't go expecting somthing along the lines of Hatchet.

Empire have never been so wrong. Brilliantly directed, a lovely score and great photography all combine to make this film look and sound amazing. Fuck it. It's a modern slasher that will go down as a classic along with Halloween, Black Christmas and Scream. Disagree? Fair enough but I am so happy I have the pleasure to own this and go back to it again and again.

I rarely go into this much detail with a review but sometimes you just gotta give a film the respect it deserves. I wanna talk about this with all of you so hurry up and watch it. I guarantee you will fall in love with Mandy Lane.

I Have to say thouGh one thing that's putting me off is that it doesnt sound like a typical slasher, which to many would be a good thing, but to me it doesn't pique my interest. I like my slashers very TYPICAL. Is this the case or am i completely wrong?

Post #: 78
RE: THE SLASHER MOVIE FAN CLUB - 20/7/2008 1:42:15 PM   
The REAL Bozz

Of course it's typical mate. You have all the character types (Jocks, stoners, cheerleader etc) and fake scares. Its v.well written though. As I said it's nothing like Friday or Wrong Turn. Rent it before u buy it if u aren't sure. Thats the advise I'd give all of you actually as I think there will be disagreement over the review I gave it but I think it's either one you'll love or one you'll hate. If you are not sure then don't blind buy! Peace.

Just came across this....exclusive Wrong Turn 3 plot details. SPOILERS WITHIN folks.

Fonda and her friends go to the woods for a couple of days. Her friends are killed by the wild, now staple mutant killer, Three Finger, who of course cannibalizes them. She is left to fend for herself, but not for long. Meanwhile some dangerous prisoners are being transferred by Nate Wilson, a prison warden, on his last day before leaving to become a lawyer. During transport their truck is attacked by Three Finger and the prisoners escape. While being chased through the woods, the prisoners come across an abandoned truck filled with bags of money. One-by-one Three Finger kills all the prisoners and everyone who searches for them ...

Source, www.dreadcentral.com
Soooo what do you all think? Only one mutant this time? Hmmmm. It's gonna take a hell of a lot to beat Wrong Turn 2 which was the slasher of last year and to be frank with a new director I don't think they'll pull it off. Hope I'm wrong.

< Message edited by The REAL Bozz -- 20/7/2008 2:17:31 PM >

Films I've watched
Iron Man 3 *****
Evil Dead (2013) ***
Bait 3D ***

Post #: 79
RE: THE SLASHER MOVIE FAN CLUB - 20/7/2008 7:27:57 PM   
Halloweenfreak

Three fingers seems to be unkillable lol i mean in the first i can't remember what happend to him, in number he was shot with a shotgun so I'm sure that would of bloody lot.....one thing i have to ask when it comes to a deformed family like in Wrong Turn and Hills have Eyes why are they always cannibals? lol

Whoa Dream Big- Juno

Post #: 80
RE: THE SLASHER MOVIE FAN CLUB - 21/7/2008 11:23:23 AM   
DONOVAN KURTWOOD

quote:

ORIGINAL: The REAL Bozz

Of course it's typical mate. You have all the character types (Jocks, stoners, cheerleader etc) and fake scares. Its v.well written though. As I said it's nothing like Friday or Wrong Turn. Rent it before u buy it if u aren't sure. Thats the advise I'd give all of you actually as I think there will be disagreement over the review I gave it but I think it's either one you'll love or one you'll hate. If you are not sure then don't blind buy! Peace.

Just came across this....exclusive Wrong Turn 3 plot details. SPOILERS WITHIN folks.

Fonda and her friends go to the woods for a couple of days. Her friends are killed by the wild, now staple mutant killer, Three Finger, who of course cannibalizes them. She is left to fend for herself, but not for long. Meanwhile some dangerous prisoners are being transferred by Nate Wilson, a prison warden, on his last day before leaving to become a lawyer. During transport their truck is attacked by Three Finger and the prisoners escape. While being chased through the woods, the prisoners come across an abandoned truck filled with bags of money. One-by-one Three Finger kills all the prisoners and everyone who searches for them ...

Source, www.dreadcentral.com
Soooo what do you all think? Only one mutant this time? Hmmmm. It's gonna take a hell of a lot to beat Wrong Turn 2 which was the slasher of last year and to be frank with a new director I don't think they'll pull it off. Hope I'm wrong.

Ok i'll give it a shot then Bozz. Wrong Turn 3, bring it on! Will take a lot to beat part 2 though, like you said.

Post #: 81
RE: THE SLASHER MOVIE FAN CLUB - 21/7/2008 11:24:34 AM   
DONOVAN KURTWOOD

quote:

quote:

Ok i watched it, and whilst i agree about the WTF ending i really enjoyed it! Great way to turn the trilogy into a potentially long running franchise. Dunno why you guys hated it so much, it was pure slasher staple!

Post #: 82
RE: THE SLASHER MOVIE FAN CLUB - 21/7/2008 11:34:25 AM   
The REAL Bozz

I didn't hate it to be fair. It was just.....I dun know. I enjoyed the look of it. I think some of the shots are very good. Most, not all of the deaths are to choppy with the editing. Now thats more to do with the direction and not the overall feel of the film. I just hate that choppy editing stuff.

I gave Scream 2 another whirl last night. Love that film. Much more nasty than the original, wicked sense of humor and has no issue killing off major characters when annoying ones (Lois and Murphy anyone?) get to walk away.

Anyhow it got me thinking, with all the talk about Scream 4 I feel they should just let Sid, Dewey and Gale rest in peace. Moviehole stated it's Campbell who is holding up production but I doubt thats the case. I mean, they had to fit her into part 3 at the last minute as she was like a yo yo in regards to returning. One minute she was then she wasn't. If they get in a new cast then it may work. You'd need a great writer though and strong cast.

For anyone who is interested about Williamsons final vision from Scream, it was revealed by himself and Craven that when he was initially working on the script for part 3 he had it set back in Woodsborough. The core three cast returned, as well as a new group of highschool kids. Williamson stated back in 98 that Cox was also going to be brought forward as the lead in Scream 3 as he felt Sids story was finished. She'd still feature but not as the major focus. Its a damn shame he never got to finish it. A damn shame.....

Films I've watched
Iron Man 3 *****
Evil Dead (2013) ***
Bait 3D ***

Post #: 83
RE: THE SLASHER MOVIE FAN CLUB - 21/7/2008 4:38:55 PM   
DAVID GILLESPIE

quote:

ORIGINAL: Halloweenfreak

Yeah a Fan club for Slasher fans...if you have a well known cast for a slasher film now that would be stupid cause you'll know who's gonna die and who will survive I mean with Halloween Jamie Lee Curtis is a legend in those movies but they can't do it now thats what I love about new comers for slasher films you can kill em all

No I'm not a slasher fan but I though I would give respec where respec was due and Identity is a cracker. You've obviously not seen Identity anyway (major spoiler) as the whole cast gets pretty much obliterated anyway, stars et all. Yes, this is a fan club and bid you an unimaginative farewell.

Cludge Judge * Cold Fish

Post #: 84
RE: THE SLASHER MOVIE FAN CLUB - 21/7/2008 5:19:37 PM   
wgamador

I posted this pic in the "I thought this was you" thread....

The Slasher Movie Fan Club

...yes, i amuse myself.

"And as he, who with laboring breath has escaped from the deep
to the shore, turns to the perilous waters and gazes..."

(in reply to DAVID GILLESPIE)
Post #: 85
RE: THE SLASHER MOVIE FAN CLUB - 22/7/2008 10:50:40 AM   
DONOVAN KURTWOOD

Ha! yes we are all indeed Asian!!!!

(in reply to wgamador)
Post #: 86
RE: THE SLASHER MOVIE FAN CLUB - 22/7/2008 6:07:38 PM   
The REAL Bozz

SCREAM 4 WATCH JUL 08

Here's the latest....source www.bloody-disgusting.com. Will it happen? Won't it happen....should it happen????

Wes Craven's assistant tells Bloody-Disgusting that she's 99.9% sure that Wes Craven has yet to be approached for the project, contrary to reports. We'll have official word by days end. We're working on confirming this as we speak, but until then, iFMagazine caught up with Jamie Kennedy at the TCA's CBS afterparty to promote his new role on CBS's THE GHOST WHISPERER where he reported some very, very interesting news regarding Dimension Films' Scream 4, which has become the center of the horrorverse over the past week since its surprising announcement. Read on for the story.

Despite having having been killed off in the franchise, it seems as if Kennedy could still be involved once again as Randy.

"I actually had a conversation with somebody very big in the organization, and there's a way," he tells iF. "I don't know what's going to happen, but they have plans for a lot of things. You can see new faces that you wouldn't expect and you can see old faces that you wouldn't believe. There's a way to bring a lot of things around."

When asked if director Wes Craven would be involved, Kennedy confirmed that it's "the only way they're going to do it."

Kennedy's enthusiasm for the film seems to contradict the story reported by Moviehole this weekend, which claims that Neve Campbell is holding up the project. Watch for further developments soon.

This just came about today. The potential writer talks about his spec script and what we can expect.....I don't know here guys.If they could just get Williamson....
http://www.moviehole.net/2008/07/22/scream-4-spec-scribe-talks/

< Message edited by The REAL Bozz -- 23/7/2008 9:41:30 AM >

Films I've watched
Iron Man 3 *****
Evil Dead (2013) ***
Bait 3D ***

Post #: 87
RE: THE SLASHER MOVIE FAN CLUB - 22/7/2008 6:39:42 PM   
wgamador

quote:

Ha! yes we are all indeed Asian!!!!

Yea, you the one holding the machete.
lol

"And as he, who with laboring breath has escaped from the deep
to the shore, turns to the perilous waters and gazes..."

Post #: 88
RE: THE SLASHER MOVIE FAN CLUB - 24/7/2008 1:48:14 PM   
DONOVAN KURTWOOD

Ace! Anyway, I've created a slasher movie fan club for those of you who are facebookers. It is called just that, the slasher movie fan club. It's new and there's only like 3 members at the mo, the pic is the Friday the 13th part 2 poster to make it easy to recognise. Join and spread the passion!

In case this link works here it is: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=19821423235

(in reply to wgamador)
Post #: 89
RE: THE SLASHER MOVIE FAN CLUB - 24/7/2008 9:00:49 PM   
The REAL Bozz

So guys I have been giving Scream 4 updates in the hope it may be good. Well I got a special update. The guy who is writing it is quite active on myspace and we have been msg one another. He seems cool and genuinely thrilled to have the chance to write it. He feels 3 never gave the series the send off it deserved and I agree. Basically he points out that Sid is a lead in both (Thats right he has done one script and another treatment) flicks, he's figured out a logical way to use the old characters and thats it really. Obviously it could be a load of shite if he gets the gig or ....he may not even get it. He seems cool and if his writing is good then maybe we could have a cool little flick.

Films I've watched
Iron Man 3 *****
Evil Dead (2013) ***
Bait 3D ***

Post #: 90
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Favourite Films >> RE: THE SLASHER MOVIE FAN CLUB Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI