Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Harry Knowles says...........

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Harry Knowles says........... Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Harry Knowles says........... - 10/7/2008 8:57:45 PM   
kenada_woo

Its the best thing he's ever written eeeeeeeeeevvvvvvvvvverrrrrrrr............

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/37401

I guess its gonna be shite then

http://dereksdontrunfilms.blogspot.co.uk/

"You bailed out a Jamaican street named Monkey the other day, I want him. This other piece of shit, Screwface, I want him. I know you're a scumbag and a puke, I don't mind that, but give me what I need and I'll leave here a nice guy. If you don't, I'm gonna fuck you up. "

Hatcher. Marked For Death

(in reply to Ify)
Post #: 31
RE: Inglorious Bastards vs Pirates 7 - 12/7/2008 11:31:58 PM   
skippy82

I’m really surprised at all the negative comments. It’s unfair to compare all of Tarantino’s future output to Pulp Fiction & Reservoir Dogs. The fact that he is responsible for not one but two modern day classics shouldn’t be held against him, to consider any new movie he’s involved with a failure because it doesn’t reach those exceptional standards is absurd.

Tarantino is one of only a handful of directors who is prepared to take a risk in order to deliver something truly original & creative. As Helen O’Hara wrote in her recent article about David Fincher; there are certain people in Hollywood ‘who should be given carte blanche to make any damn film they darn well please’ and this must apply to Tarantino as well.

That may mean that sometimes his movies might not have mass audience appeal or they may not set new box-office records but they are made by someone with artistic integrity who is quite obviously motivated by & has boundless enthusiasm for everything cinematic.

Sure, I’m happy to sit through a mindless, Bruckheimer produced blockbuster after a couple of beers but it’s the individuals in the industry who push the boundaries, bend a genre or focus on character driven storylines that should be applauded, Tarantino included.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 32
RE: Inglorious Bastards vs Pirates 7 - 14/7/2008 8:53:36 PM   
yiarkungfu

Pulp Fiction was probably his best film, and one of the best films of the 90s, and its influence on modern film is undeniable. Ok so Tarrantino might not be everyone's cup of tea but hes never made a truly terrible film. His ideas are always left-field and the guy has a true love for world cinema.  I cant honestly think that death proof was "elephant cack", it was different and enjoyable trash which is what it set out to be.
Whatever the guy does its always going to be intersting and lets be honest, many people try and copy his style and completely fail because no one can write dialogue that sounds so cool.
For the people that say he is "shit", then your entitled to that opinion, but i wonder if you can name a modern film-maker that has made such an impact, or made anything that is both incredibly retro, yet still seems really fresh. Cant wait for his next film, he remains for me one of the most interesting and daring film-makers of modern times.
He cant act for shit tho.

(in reply to skippy82)
Post #: 33
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Harry Knowles says........... Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI