Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Joss Whedon Enters Cabin In The Woods

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Joss Whedon Enters Cabin In The Woods Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Joss Whedon Enters Cabin In The Woods - 8/7/2008 9:00:31 AM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
Steady Joss Fan... - 8/7/2008 9:00:31 AM   
The Voice of Fate

I'm torn. I love all things Whedon - but I suffer from motion sickness. This means that shaky hand held camera adds all the realism of being stuck in the back of a coach tour round the Pennines with the WI and makes me physically sick.

So - all power to Whedon, but if the director can't afford a stand for the camera, then I just can't sit through it - even on DVD.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
I'm on board - 8/7/2008 9:06:45 AM   
waltham1979

count me in - better have Mr Fillion in it though !! Although I am still praying for a Serentiy sequel !!

Post #: 3
RE: I'm on board - 8/7/2008 1:11:44 PM   
mejaars

quote:

ORIGINAL: waltham1979

count me in - better have Mr Fillion in it though !! Although I am still praying for a Serentiy sequel !!

I hear you!

I do hope though that he doesn't go along with too much cheese. Only in small portions please.

- Bah-weep-Graaaaagnah wheep ni ni bong -

(in reply to waltham1979)
Post #: 4
Joss is at the wheel.. - 8/7/2008 2:43:57 PM   
mattyboy250

Always a fan of a Joss movie and i cannot wait to see what he comes up with next. He has a sereal way of making fantasy that just works.

Post #: 5
RE: Steady Joss Fan... - 8/7/2008 5:05:53 PM   
Dave B

quote:

ORIGINAL: The Voice of Fate

I'm torn. I love all things Whedon - but I suffer from motion sickness. This means that shaky hand held camera adds all the realism of being stuck in the back of a coach tour round the Pennines with the WI and makes me physically sick.

So - all power to Whedon, but if the director can't afford a stand for the camera, then I just can't sit through it - even on DVD.

What are you talking about, neither Whedon or Goddard have directed anything with loads of shaky handheld camera work? Firefly/Serenity had a bit but not to the Paul Greengrass extent.

Hey, what's with the flying jerks?

(in reply to The Voice of Fate)
Post #: 6
DR HORRIBLE - 8/7/2008 5:09:17 PM   
Bluehawk

Seriously, why don't you mention Dr. Horrible's Sing Along, Chris? You didn't miss that did you? As a true Whedon fan? It's even got Nathan Fillion in it!

Post #: 7
RE: I'm on board - 9/7/2008 4:32:25 PM   
geekpenguin

quote:

ORIGINAL: waltham1979

A sequel??? Nah :P imo the series was much better than the movie. It was great to have the story/characters in a different format, but I think it works better as a series. If they did it my way, they'd finish off the first season (just to clarify everything that happened between the series and the film - was it just me, or was the graphic novel "Those Left Behind" not enough???), then make season 2 come after Serenity.

What do you think?

"When you can't run, you crawl; and when you can't crawl anymore, when you can't do that, you find someone to carry you."

Batman Begins *****
The Dark Knight **** and a half...

(in reply to waltham1979)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Joss Whedon Enters Cabin In The Woods Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI