Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Further titles for on-line writing colaboration

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Bookworms >> Further titles for on-line writing colaboration Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Further titles for on-line writing colaboration - 19/6/2008 7:10:40 PM   
mad_looney

Here are some more titles, because I think we have run out in the other thread! 
  • Cellar Mates
  • Witchcraft, My Mother and Me
  • Ten minutes alone with a time machine
  • Legacy of the Golden Cat
  • Arbeit Macht Frei (Work Makes You Free)
  • Silence Is The Most Powerful Cry
  • The Nessarcery Un-Nessarcerys (I'm sure thats spelled wrong!)
Add more if anyone has any ideas. It is a thread for titles after all

< Message edited by mad_looney -- 20/6/2008 6:26:12 PM >

Head of Military and Defence for the Peoples Republic of Empiria

http://www.myspace.com/fudzistan

Have your eyes ever been checked?
No Doctor, they've always been blue
Post #: 1
RE: Further titles for on-line writing colaboration - 12/7/2008 1:35:27 AM   
Funkyrae

Witchcraft, my mother and me

None of you really knew my mother.  I mean, you're all here saying your final farewells.  All of you wishing her the very best for life in the Summerlands but how many of you can say you actually knew her?

You who called her sister, those that she called daughter.  To her every woman was her kin, her blood, her earth.  We are all guilty of feeding from her like leeches, we absorbed her energy, we basked in her glow.  We came to her for advice, we shared tears together; much as we are now. 

My mother.  I was her only child.  A fact I knew she lamented.  She would have taken all the world's children under her wing, raised them as she did me, with a love of life that was infectious.  It was contagious.  One hour with her and it felt as though there was nothing you couldn't accomplish and she was right.

During my childhood, she used to spin me this tale of her being a witch.  She inspired the imagination of many of my friends, night would come when they would stay over with me and she would insist that should we not behave she would turn us into frogs, the only problem being that she knew the spell to transform us into frogs but not to transform us back into little girls.  She would tell us that it was a last resort spell, that she really didn't want to use it as it would mean her having to explain to my friend's parents that their little girl was now an amphibian.  If we really were playing up she'd remind us that they eat frog's legs in France and that it wasn't so far away that she couldn't ship us over there.

I was so proud of my mother.  I told all my friends in school that she was a witch.  When she got a job there she laughed it off, but she never once denied it.

As the years passed and there was never a sign of any of us being turned to frogs, I stopped believing she had these powers.  She started showing more outward signs of her belief, moonstone jewelry, candles, incense.  Again, like many others I just thought this was a bit of a quirk.

I caught her one night with some tarot cards, she was with a friend of hers who was desperately upset.  My mother told me I needed to go back to bed and I did, later that night there was a pungent, sweet smell coming from the kitchen.  My mother had distilled some herbs for her friend.  Her friend is here today, with the baby she thought she had lost, that the hospital had told her had died.

We used to watch television together.  One of my strongest memories is my mother shaking her head and laughing at Charmed.

Only once did I ever get her angry, I soon learned that it wasn't a wise thing to do.  She always had the most incredible eyes.  One minute the colour of rich soil, the next you could see the emerald in the earth.  The time I flared her temper, her eyes became like jade and just as cold as that stone.  She was fearsome when she was angry, there was no denying that.  Very few ever saw it and the ones that did caused her that anger and hurt.  Yet there was never once she used her rage.  Hers was a contained anger. 

She insisted that she had lost the book she kept her spells in some time ago.  That she had no need for them any longer, that she didn't want to have the opportunity to use them again.  She turned her back to the power preferring to pass on wisdom and energy.  I found that book.  She was right, she had lost the spell to return frogs to little girls.

And so as you made the transition from maid to mother to crone we lay your body to rest in your favourite glade, we place acorns as you requested and now ladies, as the sun has set, please extinguish your candles.  May the earth accept her daughter.  As above, so below.

That's me that is!

(in reply to mad_looney)
Post #: 2
RE: Further titles for on-line writing colaboration - 12/7/2008 11:15:56 AM   
mad_looney

Brillient! I had a feeling you'd go for that one

(in reply to Funkyrae)
Post #: 3
RE: Further titles for on-line writing colaboration - 12/7/2008 8:26:59 PM   
Funkyrae

Hahaha!  Let's say it's auto-biographical.

That's me that is!

(in reply to mad_looney)
Post #: 4
RE: Further titles for on-line writing colaboration - 16/7/2008 3:51:34 PM   
Harley Quinn

Funky I love reading your stories they are excellent.

"A mother's love for her child is like nothing else in the world. It knows no law, no pity, it dares all things and crushes down remorselessly all that stands in its path."

Owner of the Naughty Milkmaid.

(in reply to Funkyrae)
Post #: 5
RE: Further titles for on-line writing colaboration - 16/7/2008 8:42:09 PM   
Funkyrae

Thank you, that's really kind of you to say.  That's made my night that has!

I don't get anywhere near enough time for it as I like, I'm editing my mum's book at the moment and trying to write my own novel.  This one's a bit strange, but believe it or not, funny as hell.

Problem is I get so damned distracted by these titles!

That's me that is!

(in reply to Harley Quinn)
Post #: 6
RE: Further titles for on-line writing colaboration - 16/7/2008 9:23:02 PM   
mad_looney

MUAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!!! 

Feel free to sugest some more title to distract yourselves

(in reply to Funkyrae)
Post #: 7
RE: Further titles for on-line writing colaboration - 16/7/2008 9:31:28 PM   
Funkyrae

Oh I'm evil!  There's a regular storywriter's challenge on my forum.  The last challenge I set only had one prop.  A very fussy cannibal.  That was it.  I like toughies.

That's me that is!

(in reply to mad_looney)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Bookworms >> Further titles for on-line writing colaboration Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI