Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
- 18/6/2008 10:52:34 AM   
konfusedkris

Not quite Bourne is it!

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 31
RE: WHOA!YEAH!FUCK!HOLY SHIT! - 18/6/2008 10:55:19 AM   
bendoofus

Absolutely agree 100%. What's the big deal? It was predictable as hell, derivative of the matrix and basically the usual action crap Hollywood vomits onto an unsuspecting public fifty times a year!

I feel like I'm Han Solo, you're Chewie, and she's Ben Kenobi and we're in that FUCKED UP BAR!

(in reply to richCie)
Post #: 32
RE: WHOA!YEAH!FUCK!HOLY SHIT! - 18/6/2008 12:24:24 PM   
matthewforan

Looks good, i've been looking forward to this and I still am even more so now it's been rated 18.

"The Irish have always been victims of negative stereotyping. I mean people think we're all drunks and brawlers. And sometimes that gets you so mad all you wanna do is get drunk and punch somebody"

Clear Eyes Full Hearts Can't Lose

Punchdrunk RIP

(in reply to Beno)
Post #: 33
RE: - 18/6/2008 1:05:54 PM   
dougall78

quote:

ORIGINAL: steveg66

How the hell did he turn up behind the last guy? Very good though.

He just jump across a street between two buildings, several hundred feet in the air, swerved a bullet around a corner, crashed through two windows without even breaking a nail and you ask how he turned up behind the guy?!! lol

(in reply to steveg66)
Post #: 34
RE: RE: - 18/6/2008 1:07:43 PM   
Heskin Radiophonic

Looks derivative as hell, but entertaining nonsense all the same.  Looks like it may be the film that the Matrix sequels should have been.  Now go and tell Max. 

Heskin Radiophonic - Wait For No Man
new ep free download

(in reply to dougall78)
Post #: 35
Blatant Matrix rip-off - 18/6/2008 1:14:29 PM   
fierce-hairdo

That is embarrassingly un-original. How can anyone so blatantly rip-off the Matrix and then feel any pride in their work. Can we have some new ideas please!!!! Must try harder!

< Message edited by fierce-hairdo -- 18/6/2008 1:15:23 PM >

Post #: 36
RE: RE: - 18/6/2008 1:17:36 PM   
dougall78

Does look good to me - not a massive fan of Jolie but she does pull off "Action Chick" quite well. I haven't disliked a film McAvoy has been in and Morgan Freeman is awesome.

Has a lot of potential and the action looks good - is nice to actually have an 18 rated action film where studio execs aren't forcing lower ratings for bigger draws.

Lets not forget that Bekmambetov pulled off two great flicks with Day Watch and Night Watch. Sure there are eliments from other action films like Matrix but that film has been so influential in the genre that it would be hard not to see influences.

(in reply to Heskin Radiophonic)
Post #: 37
RE: RE: - 18/6/2008 1:39:06 PM   
broonie

Look action films are always looking for a new spin, Wanted is no different. But lets wait until it's released before being too critical. IMO, have to say some of the scenes look well impressive if very implausible, but hey, they are supposed to be "Elite Super Asassins" so you have to expect something different from the norm.

Do you want to run this ship?
Yes!
Well,...you cant!

(in reply to dougall78)
Post #: 38
If I had to guess (and I *don't*) - 18/6/2008 1:51:44 PM   
sowasred2012

I'd say that's McAvoy's character's father, since he can do that absolutely ridiculous 'bullet curving' shit. So, since the trailers tell us he died, I guess this is from the beginning of the movie. I never read the book, is there any reason why people can do all this crap? Like, do they have powers or what?

Post #: 39
Drivel. - 18/6/2008 2:30:15 PM   
Riverwide

Perhaps this is "mind blowing" for 11 year old boys. I can't imagine anyone else being impressed. It looks utterly ridiculous. Cringeworthy stuff.

Post #: 40
It's not Ken Loach.. - 18/6/2008 2:39:03 PM   
bonniee

..it's based on a comic book, it hardly has to be realistic. So far it's looking very similar to Daywatch/Nightwatch and that's not a bad thing for the type of movie it is. If you don't like that type of movie, don't watch it.

Post #: 41
RE: wanted clip - 18/6/2008 3:20:00 PM   
bad hat harry

clip is ok i guess. i'll go and see this but it just looks like nightwatch/daywatch with a bigger budget, and despite being based on a comic book, the story is exactly the same, nerdy guy gets drafted into secret organisation, becomes cool, kills people. the trouble with nightwatch is that as nice as it looks at times, it's total and utter shit and fails to ever bother trying to make sense and is really draining to watch. daywatch is twice as bad in that respect.  nightwatch was like watching a really bad and confusing russian pop music video for two hours. hopefully wanted will be better but blood and gore alone wont make it worth watching and if thats all it is, i think i might just go and watch the machine girl again instead

I was thrown out of college for cheating on the metaphysics exam; I looked into the soul of the boy sitting next to me.”
— Woody Allen

(in reply to bonniee)
Post #: 42
Am I the only one - 18/6/2008 6:11:52 PM   
phantasmo

who's thinking this film is going to be utter tripe. Bending bullets around corners!!! The only reason why I'l;l watch this is because I won't have to pay.

Post #: 43
Am I the only one - 18/6/2008 6:14:54 PM   
phantasmo

who's thinking this film is going to be utter tripe. Bending bullets around corners!!! The only reason why I'l;l watch this is because I won't have to pay.

Post #: 44
MUST SEE - 18/6/2008 7:19:50 PM   
samuel scissorhands

MUST SEE> MUST SEE Looks AMAZING

Post #: 45
I agree... a definate matrix rip-off - 18/6/2008 8:27:26 PM   
robbo9

It feels so much like the matrix (in a bad way). Most people have seen this sort of thing before, i don't think the films target auidence will be very impressed watching a crap-version of the matrix. Not orginal and not the film its made out to be... that's the truth no matter how many special effects and A-List actors/actresses you throw into the film.

Post #: 46
This will be great, mark my words Empire! - 18/6/2008 9:59:00 PM   
Kev@CTU

This looks amazing - I feel sorry for you guys who can't open your mind for some ott action. A crap version of the matrix eh? I didnt realise there were any matrix fans left out there after the over-hyped, over-blown sequels. Apart from the Dark Knight, this is the summer movie im looking forward to the most - And let's be honest, there has been some disappointments this year (hulk, Indy 4 - im looking at you).

Kv

Post #: 47
- 18/6/2008 10:06:42 PM   
Stevo73

Looks complete shite.

Post #: 48
RE: WHOA!YEAH!FUCK!HOLY SHIT! - 18/6/2008 10:14:00 PM   
Gazz

quote:

ORIGINAL: Beno

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gazz

quote:

ORIGINAL: Beno

Lets keep the potty mouths on the down low ok

Yeah, you don't want to offend Old Man Time here.

Oh and the clip is simply mind blowing

Kids 

Shouldn't you be elsewhere cashing your pension, ranting about how it's not the good ol' days or stealing the neighbour’s football?

(in reply to Beno)
Post #: 49
RE: WHOA!YEAH!FUCK!HOLY SHIT! - 18/6/2008 10:43:08 PM   
Rgirvan44

Back in the day action stars didn't need to bend bullets to look cool. If there was a building between Arnie and his prey, well he would just shot the damn budiling until he got his target or the thing collasped.

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

(in reply to Gazz)
Post #: 50
RE: WHOA!YEAH!FUCK!HOLY SHIT! - 18/6/2008 11:07:57 PM   
DazDaMan

Hmm.  It looks like fun, at least.  I enjoyed Shoot 'Em Up and Crank, so this should be right up my alley....

You fucking fuckers are gonna do what I say or I'm going to stick my foot so far up your assholes you'll rue the day you crawled out of your mother's twat!

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 51
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI