Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

SOD THIS!!!!!!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> SOD THIS!!!!!! Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
SOD THIS!!!!!! - 13/6/2008 1:36:10 PM   
dave404

new punisher? fantastic, but the new chap? not sure what was wrong with Tom Jane. ok, he was fairly good in Rome but the punisher is totally different. Think I'll wait for the DVD on this one.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 31
Sigh! - 13/6/2008 1:36:23 PM   
Flippyed

Sigh! Where did it all go wrong. And jeez what a crap outfit. Ray stevenson was good in rome. But Thomas Jane he aint.

Post #: 32
won't be watching this. - 13/6/2008 1:42:24 PM   
tango fett

Thomas Jane is the punisher. End of.

Post #: 33
Why,why, Hollywood, do you persist? - 13/6/2008 1:48:59 PM   
Mr. Blume

Who wants this? From the Punisher comics I know, you can just derive an ordinary action flic, skull or no skull. This trailer is worse than I feared. Bury this, it´s BALLACKS!!!!

Post #: 34
No No No No No No - 13/6/2008 2:11:51 PM   
BudBaxter

I really enjoyed the previous movie, but this looks appalling. Hanging from a chandelier & spinning? WTF It's the Punisher! He doesn't need to do stuff like that. He just shoots you in the head! & what's with all the neon? Looks like outtakes from Batman & Robin...

'Sometimes I'd like to get my hands on God'

Oh, & the reason Tom Jane isn't returning is that he read the script, said 'This is shit' & when the producers refused to change it, he walked. Smart man!

(in reply to Mr. Blume)
Post #: 35
RE: Punisher: War Zone Trailer Online - 13/6/2008 2:25:45 PM   
Mason Verger

"See the second incarnation in action"

It's the third incarnation.

Mind like parachute - only function when open.

Be excellent to each other.

Post #: 36
- 13/6/2008 2:33:53 PM   
dunkah

Finally! A Punisher that looks the part! Lundgren was jus too oafish, Tom Jane looked like he exfoliated before he killed. And he sulked far too much, emo bastard. Stevenson looks unkempt and unhinged, like the classic 80's Romita-era Punisher we all loved. Like a man who lost his family and has nothing left to lose. The chanderlier thing is a bit naff and that killing god line...yeesh... but my hopes have just been raised that little bit.

Post #: 37
- 13/6/2008 2:56:53 PM   
Big Red

The Punisher never really did it for me as a character so i'm not too fussed.
But I will say that it looks better than the previous one, a movie that I thought wasn't as good as the Dolph Lundgren one. Now that's saying a lot.
I'll wait till DVD for this one!

Post #: 38
A Third Punisher!? - 13/6/2008 3:01:09 PM   
everton

I just don't see why they'd try to start this a third time? They could have put more life into the movie without ditchung Thomas Jane, who was very good in the 2nd Punisher Movie. That trailer is awful , and has poor old (dodgy acent) Ray making Dolph Lundgren's performance in the 1st Punisher look DeNiroesque!

oh dear, oh dear. Marvel remove your logo from this before it taints the goodwill built up in iron Man and Inredible Hulk.

We're getting to a stage where people will see the MARVEL STUDIOS logo and go see the film, things like this could kill that.

Post #: 39
RE: A Third Punisher!? - 13/6/2008 4:19:50 PM   
BatFan

This isn't a Marvel studios film. It's one of the licenses sold by Marvel ages ago like Spiderman to Sony and X-men to Fox.
So this isn't going to be a part of the Avengers universe that Marvel are currently creating. Frank Castle isn't going to meet up with Bruce Banner or Tony Stark or anything like that.

As if the trailer wasn't enough of an indicator of it's quality. It's also been relagated to a December release. The last time that was done with a marvel film was Blade Trinity

< Message edited by BatFan -- 13/6/2008 4:22:02 PM >

"You are in hell, little man! And I am the devil!"
"You're not the devil. You're practice"

(in reply to everton)
Post #: 40
RE: won't be watching this. - 13/6/2008 4:41:55 PM   
jimoakley666

Actually, Tom Jane was far to small a guy in hight ad stature to be the Punisher.

So. Not "end of".

Jane's Punisher was too bland, I thought. He acted like a drunk cowboy. I mean, what the hell was with the twitchy-fingered shoot out in the lobby? Frank Castle would just walk outta there not breaking his stride and just disintergrate the two grunts with a M16 or something as undramatic and to the point as that.

The drinking and moping about didn't was with me. Castle was always cool, calm and collected and went through his "punishments" with surgical efficiency. He was always shown to be a cold bastard, dead on the inside and stone cold on the outside. Not sitting about feeling sorry for himself.

Think of Dirty Harry Callahan meets Maximus from Gladiator. Stevenson should be ace. The cossy is very much as Garth Ennis has him wearing from time to time in the books.

Having said that though. Neon. Blurgh. Spinning from the lighting. Sigh.

You want a claymore mate. "Front Toward Enemy" and fuck off...

End of.

Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

(in reply to tango fett)
Post #: 41
- 13/6/2008 5:45:47 PM   
crimebusterofthesea

If this is any good, I'll eat my own face

Post #: 42
WTF - 13/6/2008 6:45:05 PM   
fantasy89

this was a bad idea...

Post #: 43
Brilliant - 13/6/2008 7:59:47 PM   
dave_0989

I don't care if people don't like me for it but i loved every film based on the punuisher and im loving the trailer for this one.

Ray stevenson was weird choice cos i didn't know who he is, but this fron the director of green street it had character and strong violence and this could be as good if not better im hoping the latter.

Post #: 44
HIGH EXPECTATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!111 - 13/6/2008 8:33:00 PM   
b4r1

looks good enough to me. i can understand the cheese to it but its only a minute of the movie. Ray stevenson is a top quality actor and looks more like the punisher than thomas jane ever did.. hope its really good with the awesome supporting cast and more like batman begins than batman and robin(biggest pile of excrement ever).

Post #: 45
Punishment - 13/6/2008 10:39:42 PM   
Eomer_King

This could be unspeakably shit. All the action in the trailer is clearly from the same scene. What a load of tosh.

< Message edited by Eomer_King -- 13/6/2008 10:42:16 PM >

Post #: 46
psssh - 13/6/2008 11:19:39 PM   
KingBigkerb

I'm a big, big Punisher fan when it comes to the comics and I'm also a big fan of the Tom Jane movie, I actually can't see why it had so many haters. I guess it probably should have been released about 15 years previous but oh well... Anyway, this new trailer looks like the film is going to be unbelievably bad. I like Ray Stevenson a lot but his accent was awful plus I couldn't work out what was going on with that weird armoured turtle neck. Strange...

I hope its good but I'd put money on it being awful.

By the way, I'm also a big fan of the first 20 minutes of the Dolph Lundgren Punisher movie. I thought the whole opening scene in the mobster's house was really cool but goddamn, the rest of that movie sucks.

Post #: 47
Leave it alone!! - 14/6/2008 12:52:36 AM   
msurrey

As much as I would love to see the perfect Punisher film I feel (as a comic Fan from issue 1) Hollywood will never get this one right.
Each film producer/ director/writer keep turning Frank into a Hero.. He's the un-hinged dark side of us all that instead of walking away from witnessing a crime (no matter how small), pulls out an Uzi and kills people.
In today’s politically correct world I'm sad to say Frank can only live in comic form. TBH it seems like this COULD be the worsted of the bunch. I hope I’m wrong honest!
But this film needs the right director and producers that accept the "psychopath with a cause" attraction of Mr P and give the character a film with the depth it deserves!

Post #: 48
Ray Stevenson!!! Yay! - 14/6/2008 1:35:02 AM   
evildave69

Who the fuck is Ray Stevenson. Leave it alone, it looks pretty poor. I didn't think the Thomas Jane one was great but this is going back to Dolph Lundgren (or God help us, David Hasselhoff) territory.

Post #: 49
A few points.. - 14/6/2008 6:38:38 PM   
bigbadmatrixfan

I've been reading The Punisher graphic novels for a while now although mainly the MAX series which is the best by far. I just want to make a few points about this film and the graphic novels. 1, Jane didn;t leave because of a bad script, he kept himself fit for 2 years with produces saying that they were doing a sequel, then they weren't then there was nothing. There was an open letter about it aswell. 2. The chandalier I think we're all in agreement about that, it's shit. As other posters have said, he would just walk in and shoot. 3. Ennis' punisher never wore a bullet-proof vest, it was always a T-Shirt, on one occassion even straight up military gear. 4. There will never be a true Punisher film as the source material is to extreme and would most likely end up with an NC-17 rating.

Post #: 50
Oh God!!!! - 14/6/2008 6:46:36 PM   
Tokkas100

And sweet baby Jesus too, this looks bloody awful

Post #: 51
- 14/6/2008 7:12:32 PM   
John Firth

After two dodgy films, perhaps they should just accept that The Punisher isn't going to translate well to film? This new one doesn't look like bucking the trend either.

Post #: 52
Tom Jane - 14/6/2008 9:18:25 PM   
KingBigkerb

Actually, the letter Tom Jane wrote made it sound like he thought the sequel was a film he didn't believe in and therefore he wouldn't devote his time to it so I guess he did walk because the script was shit, although you are right that he did spend aaaages getting ready for the role before making that decision, apparently he spent all his time watching action and revenge movies as homework. Thats a cool job to have.

Post #: 53
LOOKS CRAP...... - 14/6/2008 11:30:26 PM   
boredbluekoala

In every way possible. I'm sure it'll be in the bargain bin at ASDA by the end of the year.

Post #: 54
omg! - 15/6/2008 12:45:13 PM   
Ash_G

This should keep flies happy. looks like the biggest pile of shit ever!

Post #: 55
Terrible - 16/6/2008 12:50:13 PM   
sanchia

That trailer hardly sells the film. The neon glow to the film gives it a cheap look reminicent of a poor 90's production and the bloke playing the punisher looks a tad (shall we say) scrawny for the part. Overall it look's like one of the pre Blade marvel films produced for pennies and usually making B movies look like Oscar winners.

Post #: 56
RE: Crap - 17/6/2008 5:23:40 PM   
Mr Underhill

My word this looks awful, just awful.

Question, is the original movie really that bad or should I give it a bash??

Edit I hadn't realised there was a Dolph Lundgren starring original floating around, I mean the Tom Jane one, though the Lundgren one is intriguing

< Message edited by Mr Underhill -- 17/6/2008 5:30:22 PM >

I hate snakes, Jock! I hate em!!

It's good knowin' he's out there ... takin' er easy for all us sinners.

Last film watched -
Monsters - 4/5

(in reply to 25/m/nerd)
Post #: 57
- 25/6/2008 5:48:39 PM   
ImDaveBensonPhillips

It looks fucking awful, the first one was bad and somehow this looks even worse! Why is he spinning from a chandelier? It looks cheap and nasty hopefully in about 10 years time someone will come along and do Frank Castle justice!

Post #: 58
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> SOD THIS!!!!!! Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI