Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Robocop Remake

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> RE: Robocop Remake Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Robocop Remake - 15/9/2012 7:34:22 PM   
Nexus Wookie

quote:

ORIGINAL: Vadersville

Looks like an evil Power Ranger!

^THIS!

You got it spot on mate! Evil Power Ranger! Ha ha!

My blog: http://nexuswookie.wordpress.com/

(in reply to Vadersville)
Post #: 91
RE: Robocop Remake - 15/9/2012 9:35:52 PM   
jon5000

It does look a little... generic. Doesn't look particularly enforcing.

However, I shall rest my opinion for now being that these things invariably always look shite on set. I'm sure once all the effects/angles are in place people will be singing a different tune.

(in reply to Nexus Wookie)
Post #: 92
RE: Robocop Remake - 15/9/2012 9:39:53 PM   
Vadersville

Amazing Spider-Man costume looked shite on set. Looked like a sparkly gimp suit in the film.

Confusion is a way of life, not a state of mind

(in reply to jon5000)
Post #: 93
RE: Robocop Remake - 15/9/2012 9:56:01 PM   
jon5000

quote:

Amazing Spider-Man costume looked shite on set. Looked like a sparkly gimp suit in the film.

Not seen it, but from the trailers I'd agree!

As far as this suit goes... well, right now it looks just like that, a suit. It doesn't look like a robot. A lot of that will depend on how whatshisface (sorry forgotten his name already) performs in it. Peter Weller put a lot of effort into getting that walk just right, worked a treat. Felt heavy and mechanical. The sound effects helped too, adding a sense of weight and, of course, mechanical movement.

(in reply to Vadersville)
Post #: 94
RE: Robocop Remake - 15/9/2012 10:15:27 PM   
Nexus Wookie

quote:

ORIGINAL: jon5000

quote:

Not seen it, but from the trailers I'd agree!

As far as this suit goes... well, right now it looks just like that, a suit. It doesn't look like a robot. A lot of that will depend on how whatshisface (sorry forgotten his name already) performs in it. Peter Weller put a lot of effort into getting that walk just right, worked a treat. Felt heavy and mechanical. The sound effects helped too, adding a sense of weight and, of course, mechanical movement.

Ah yes! The original is a piece of cinema magic in my opinion! The sight and the sounds and of course Weller makes it all look so easy. I know its early days but i'll give the new suit the benefit of doubt.

My blog: http://nexuswookie.wordpress.com/

(in reply to jon5000)
Post #: 95
RE: Robocop Remake - 15/9/2012 10:46:53 PM   
MonsterCat

I think the suit looks fine.

"I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you."

Films watched in 2013

(in reply to Nexus Wookie)
Post #: 96
RE: Robocop Remake - 15/9/2012 10:56:35 PM   
Hood_Man

Depends how it looks in motion I guess, but it doesn't stand out for me at the moment.

(in reply to MonsterCat)
Post #: 97
RE: Robocop Remake - 15/9/2012 11:06:03 PM   
MonsterCat

It certainly looks more practical and streamlined the original.

Look, it may turn out to be a pretty good movie, but I honestly don't see the point in remaking something that was already pretty good to begin with. Why not remake a film that had potential but turned out to be a bit shit?

"I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you."

Films watched in 2013

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 98
RE: Robocop Remake - 16/9/2012 12:33:00 AM   
Sutty

the outfit looks fucking dreadful!! i can only hope that it is some sort of hoax or maybe a mark 1 type experiment before they settle on the real deal. If not, fucking awful

"Lord, make me your instrument of peace. Where there is hatred, let me bring love.
Where there is darkness, light."

"When you're pushed, killin's as easy as breathin'"

(in reply to MonsterCat)
Post #: 99
RE: Robocop Remake - 16/9/2012 12:50:42 AM   
UTB

It does look pretty bad but I'm assuming the logic is to go for a material which is more 'up to date'. What was the original made out of? Steel? Realistically it would need to be a darker, more lightweight metal to actually be flexible enough to move around, which is what this looks like.

The comedy factor just went up.

(in reply to Sutty)
Post #: 100
RE: Robocop Remake - 16/9/2012 12:07:37 PM   
Sleazy

original was stated as being a titanium alloy or something.

This looks terrible, the original is such an iconic perfect representation, I dread this movie.

Gamertag: Sleazycome

PSN ID: Sleazytoon

(in reply to UTB)
Post #: 101
RE: Robocop Remake - 16/9/2012 12:17:32 PM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

Personally I think it looks pretty cool.
Its certainly more modern and slick in its representation.

And as I've said previously : once the gloss and cgi has been added then it'll look alot more clearer.
I've seen dozen of set designs for SCI-FI projects and Comic book adaptions to know that you cant take the set-pics as a final representation of the finished product.

The only problem I have at the moment is the plot,as having read the so-called official script the story seems,frankly, convoluted.

(in reply to Sleazy)
Post #: 102
RE: Robocop Remake - 16/9/2012 1:54:03 PM   
rich

Yeah I agree it looks amazingly derivative and generic. Like Batman or Mass Effect with Daft Punk. Useless.

Meanwhile...

(in reply to Titanm21)
Post #: 103
RE: Robocop Remake - 16/9/2012 2:35:02 PM   
Ghidorah

The best way to describe the original Robocop is Ghost in a machine. It's about a murdered cop reawaken in a killing machine and used that to hunt down his killers. This new Robocop doesn't look like an a machine but instead a soldier in an exoskeleton. I would understand they gone for this look if the cop doesn't die, however Iron Man looks more like a robot than this.

(in reply to rich)
Post #: 104
RE: Robocop Remake - 16/9/2012 3:23:55 PM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ghidorah

The best way to describe the original Robocop is Ghost in a machine. It's about a murdered cop reawaken in a killing machine and used that to hunt down his killers. This new Robocop doesn't look like an a machine but instead a soldier in an exoskeleton. I would understand they gone for this look if the cop doesn't die, however Iron Man looks more like a robot than this.

Yep,totally agree.

When this film was in its early development I said ,from some of the rumours flying around,that his appearance might be more akin-ed to Iron Man than that of the original RoboCop,and it very much seems the case.

I cant imagine this remake having the same violence and dark humour the original had,but I'm confident it'll have the same sort of gritty,crime ridden backdrop but it'll be played on a much more lighter scale.

One thing is for certain is the fact that CGI usage will be a big-pivotal figure in this film ie you just need to see the Teaser-trailer-viral ad that popped up a few months back to get the idea of where this film might be heading.

(in reply to Ghidorah)
Post #: 105
RE: Robocop Remake - 16/9/2012 7:50:12 PM   
Scott_

I think it looks cool, the visor and chinstrap are still clearly Robocop. As long as a sleeker version isn't doing backflips and shit then I'm sure we'll get a decent action flick at the very least.

"You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig."

Check out my top 21 films - http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=3188740

360 Gamertag - SmokinFuzz

(in reply to OPEN YOUR EYES)
Post #: 106
RE: Robocop Remake - 16/9/2012 9:29:34 PM   
Private Hudson

I loved the original Robocop for both it's gloriously OTT violence and it being very witty and a satire on corporate greed and indeed the 80s as a whole.

However, I'm not against a remake as Robocop is such a great idea/character that it deserves a new lease of life. It was an inspired concept, sadly diluted by vastly inferior sequels.

Was there a TV show? I'm unsure, but I hope this new version will be worthy of the original.

Watch my spoof movie of FULL METAL JACKET here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCGRWVvM-Zo&feature=plcp&context=C31ca298UDOEgsToPDskJ4_UorjolrWTaxEGMj5GO0

(in reply to Scott_)
Post #: 107
RE: Robocop Remake - 17/9/2012 8:18:05 AM   
NCC1701A

quote:

ORIGINAL: Private Hudson

I loved the original Robocop for both it's gloriously OTT violence and it being very witty and a satire on corporate greed and indeed the 80s as a whole.

However, I'm not against a remake as Robocop is such a great idea/character that it deserves a new lease of life. It was an inspired concept, sadly diluted by vastly inferior sequels.

Was there a TV show? I'm unsure, but I hope this new version will be worthy of the original.

Yes there was a tv series. The New Robocop outfit does look awful.

Trench: I'll be back.

Church: You've been back enough. I'll be back.

[leaves]

Trench: Yippee-ki-yay.

The Expendables 2 (2012)

(in reply to Private Hudson)
Post #: 108
RE: Robocop Remake - 17/9/2012 11:34:48 AM   
Fluke Skywalker

The outfit WOULD look cool if it didn't look so much like a Batman rip off - but because it does it fails miserably in the originality stakes.

(in reply to NCC1701A)
Post #: 109
RE: Robocop Remake - 17/9/2012 12:53:38 PM   
Dead Mike

Very generic look. Aside from some of the casting nothing positive is coming from this, the reports from the (supposed) shooting script were awful & now there's rumblings of that script being overhauled, whilst shooting! There may be an exception but usually when a film's being re-written whilst shooting that's a bad sign.

(in reply to Fluke Skywalker)
Post #: 110
RE: Robocop Remake - 17/9/2012 1:21:47 PM   
Fluke Skywalker

It's always interesting to see these re-boots/ remakes but like Total Recall you're up against a bona fide classic.

(in reply to Dead Mike)
Post #: 111
RE: Robocop Remake - 17/9/2012 1:57:08 PM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

quote:

ORIGINAL: Fluke Skywalker

It's always interesting to see these re-boots/ remakes but like Total Recall you're up against a bona fide classic.

Or a bona-fide fanbase that doesn't want to give it a chance.

Post #: 112
RE: Robocop Remake - 17/9/2012 2:13:04 PM   
kumar

Looks shit exactly how I expected, but the batman suit doesnt look any better when its not on film either - and aside from the bulky costumes of iron man, a lot of those shots are completely effects shots. There is hope yet.

< Message edited by kumar -- 17/9/2012 3:02:47 PM >

"Darth Silas - I love Craig as Bond too. Genius. "- Jackmansgirl 15/7/2008

Last films watched:

The Road - 4/5
Chronicle - 4/5
Twilight Breaking Dawn p1 - 1/5
Warrior - 5/5
Super 8 - 5/5
Paranormal Activity 3 - 3/5
MI 4 - 2/5

Post #: 113
RE: Robocop Remake - 17/9/2012 2:39:17 PM   
Fluke Skywalker

They should have stuck with the metallic silver colour at least when it comes to suit

(in reply to kumar)
Post #: 114
RE: Robocop Remake - 18/9/2012 8:00:50 AM   
Titanm21

Now with Photoshop. If it looked like this I'd prefer it CLICK

< Message edited by Titanm21 -- 18/9/2012 8:01:39 AM >

www.TrailerHouseMusings@Blogspot.com

Join us for all the latest trailers in the world of Gaming, TV and Movies [also Facebook and Twitter]

Post #: 115
RE: Robocop Remake - 18/9/2012 9:11:49 AM   
Invader_Ace

The problem is that it is a totally generic future design.  It could be from Mass Effect, Batman, Halo or anything at all.  Hardly iconic.
Also, it looks like a guy in some sweet armour, not a "robot".

Have they confirmed the certificate yet?  Is this going to be a "wider audience appeal" version or are they going to go hard like Dredd?

(in reply to Titanm21)
Post #: 116
RE: Robocop Remake - 18/9/2012 10:42:37 AM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

People are going waaaay ott in my opinion.
There have been two set-piece-pics released/captured and people are writing the film off already,lol.Jeez,talk about overreaction.

So RoboCop is a different colour,so what?.Boo-hoo-hoo
Maybe there's an option of him going back to the fan-favourite silver later on in the movie.

I also think people need to give the Director:Josť Padilha some backing .His films have been a success ( The Elite Squad won the Best Movie award of the Berlin International Film Festival) by all accounts and he seems to have ,both, a solid foresight in political and action type movie concepts,
Something of which the original RoboCop was all about.

The cast is top-notch too,arguably one of the more finer cast list I've seen in a long,long time,though obviously that doesn't make a it greater film but it gives it a grounding.

The only issue I have,and I've said it countless times, is the script and how convoluted it is.But it has potential ,its just seems like a big ask for a new remake to start from.

And if this film sucks,so what?
If anything the original would look far greater,but then again the original looks far greater already because,lets face it, the other interpretations of RoboCop have been average to groundbreakingly awful .

(in reply to Invader_Ace)
Post #: 117
RE: Robocop Remake - 18/9/2012 12:02:29 PM   
Bad Ash

The suit looks fine. I'm not awestruck or anything but it looks ok.

Question is, can anyone make this movie better than Paul Verhoeven? Answer: No!

I know where the bastard sleeps!

Post #: 118
RE: Robocop Remake - 18/9/2012 12:27:37 PM   
Fluke Skywalker

quote:

ORIGINAL: Titanm21

Now with Photoshop. If it looked like this I'd prefer it CLICK

Now that's more like it!!!

(in reply to Titanm21)
Post #: 119
RE: Robocop Remake - 18/9/2012 12:48:50 PM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bad Ash

The suit looks fine. I'm not awestruck or anything but it looks ok.

Question is, can anyone make this movie better than Paul Verhoeven? Answer: No!

Well we don't know.And its all subjective at the end of the day.
And I'm pretty certain the writers/directors know that it has high standards to reach,but it should variably be viewed as what 'it' offers instead of lining it up against its former,but unfortunately some people cant do that .

And if there was ever a time to bring RoboCop out into modern culture again then now is the time.

There are some great idea's in this RoboCop reboot,such as how he is connected to every street camera in Detroit,how he is connected to the inter-web ala Ghost In The Shell and plus it seems to have that strong emotional chord running all through ie :

"One emotional part that turns him more to a machine (which is what the company and Norton wanted) was when they showed Murphy what was left of 'him' they strip all his mechanical stuff and it is just some of his organs part of his head and a part of his brain. A pretty sad scene, especially when they make Murphy's wife look at it, to get her to run away from wanting to still be with Alex."

I just think people should give it the benefit of the doubt untill we know more.

(in reply to Bad Ash)
Post #: 120
Page:   <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> RE: Robocop Remake Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News††|††Empire Blog††|††Movie Reviews††|††Future Films††|††Features††|††Video Interviews††|††Image Gallery††|††Competitions††|††Forum††|††Magazine††|††Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI