Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Dexter season 3 on FX

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> Dexter season 3 on FX Page: [1] 2 3 4   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Dexter season 3 on FX - 9/6/2008 7:50:16 PM   
Caster

Not sure when it starts but have been left drooling by the 'coming soon' adverts...

< Message edited by Caster -- 24/4/2009 11:00:30 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Dexter season 2 on FX - 10/6/2008 8:12:28 AM   
discodave101

Sunday the 6th July - last time I checked. Can't bloody wait!

"Softly softly, catchy monkey"

"I didn't know you spoke spanish"

(in reply to Caster)
Post #: 2
RE: Dexter season 2 on FX - 10/6/2008 9:17:50 PM   
Caster

Coming Soon?!  That's a bloody month away!

(in reply to discodave101)
Post #: 3
RE: Dexter season 2 on FX - 11/6/2008 8:10:53 AM   
discodave101

I know, they started advertising as season 1 on ITV drew to a close. From what I remember, its FX's best rated show, so they're gonna hammer the adverts and promotion to grab those eager ITV viewers.

(in reply to Caster)
Post #: 4
RE: Dexter season 2 on FX - 11/6/2008 10:34:20 AM   
Vertigo...Woo.Yay.

quote:

ORIGINAL: discodave101

I know, they started advertising as season 1 on ITV drew to a close. From what I remember, its FX's best rated show, so they're gonna hammer the adverts and promotion to grab those eager ITV viewers.

Damn straight we are.

"Things are going to get pretty interesting..."
"Define 'interesting'"
"Oh God, Oh God, we're all gonna die?"

If only we could harness Otis Ferry for good...
All hail Hypnotoad

Post #: 5
RE: Dexter season 2 on FX - 21/6/2008 6:10:56 PM   
captainrentboy

I've seen all of it already,(I know torrents are evil, although I only do it with TV shows) and it was effing fantastic, arguably a lot better than the first series. Dexter is in a right freakin' pickle all the way through this one, and I really was stumped towards the end as to how he'd get out of it.
The new woman in it is highly annoying though.
And to think I only really got into this series like a month ago, and now it's only second to Lost as one of my fave shows.
Watching all of the 'Six feet Under' series' now, I have a slight Michael C Hall obsession all of a sudden, much to my girlfriend's dismay.

(in reply to Vertigo...Woo.Yay.)
Post #: 6
RE: Dexter season 2 on FX - 21/6/2008 8:47:28 PM   
frankie

quote:

ORIGINAL: captainrentboy

I've seen all of it already

Yeah, me too. It's brilliant.
My favourite line of the series has to be (and I hope this isn't seen as a spoiler):
"Pardon my Tits"

A golden future awaits you. Just kidding.

(in reply to captainrentboy)
Post #: 7
RE: Dexter season 2 on FX - 21/6/2008 9:14:12 PM   
swan

see i have the second series and about 2 weeks after aquiring i find out its on telly which saves me watchin it on my computer which isnt comfy....but yeah mucho excited!been bummin the soundtrack

**its that warriors vs baseball fury element
that glitches motor sensory developement
i am a star really,**

cmyk

(in reply to frankie)
Post #: 8
RE: Dexter season 2 on FX - 22/6/2008 12:22:28 AM   
captainrentboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: swan

see i have the second series and about 2 weeks after aquiring i find out its on telly which saves me watchin it on my computer which isnt comfy....but yeah mucho excited!been bummin the soundtrack

I hate watching stuff through my PC too, which is why my 360 is a Godsend. I streamed it all to my TV, in HD too

(in reply to swan)
Post #: 9
RE: Dexter season 2 on FX - 6/7/2008 4:21:41 PM   
Zaphod121

It starts tonight!

"Everyone wins. Except Abed. But, you know, not everyone can win"

My Brothers Web-Series

My YouTube Channel

(in reply to captainrentboy)
Post #: 10
RE: Dexter season 2 on FX - 6/7/2008 5:01:59 PM   
patriot37

I watched the first four episodes online but i will watch them again im liking it so far can't say if its better than the first series

< Message edited by patriot37 -- 6/7/2008 5:03:01 PM >

(in reply to Zaphod121)
Post #: 11
RE: Dexter season 2 on FX - 6/7/2008 11:13:15 PM   
El Becks

Just watched the first episode of Season 2 - one word - fantastic.  Was worried where it would go from Season 1 but I have to say I loved the first episode; so much action; so many threads to the story.  Season 2 promises to be as good as the first Season.  Oh, and I'd forgotten how great the opening credit sequence is.  Welcome back, Dexter.

It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt

(in reply to patriot37)
Post #: 12
RE: Dexter season 2 on FX - 7/7/2008 8:46:11 AM   
discodave101

quote:

ORIGINAL: El Becks

Just watched the first episode of Season 2 - one word - fantastic.  Was worried where it would go from Season 1 but I have to say I loved the first episode; so much action; so many threads to the story.  Season 2 promises to be as good as the first Season.  Oh, and I'd forgotten how great the opening credit sequence is.  Welcome back, Dexter.

Agreed. Fantastic return for one of the stand out shows of recent times.

However, I have to disagree with most of you regarding the opening credits. Although the credits are quite clever, once you've seen it for the first time, you don't really need to see it again, and its a REALLY long credit sequence.

(in reply to El Becks)
Post #: 13
RE: Dexter season 2 on FX - 7/7/2008 12:35:23 PM   
Caster

Agreed.  Great start to the new series.

Post #: 14
RE: Dexter season 2 on FX - 8/7/2008 11:31:23 AM   
Fanboyslayer

Loved it! Very much looking forward to the next one now.

Just to spare peoples blushes I feel it's only right that I should point out I'm a girl people! Not in a Crying Game way in the born without a willy way. I hope that's cleared that up.

(in reply to Caster)
Post #: 15
RE: Dexter season 2 on FX - 17/7/2008 7:14:01 PM   
Fonz

quote:

ORIGINAL: discodave101

However, I have to disagree with most of you regarding the opening credits. Although the credits are quite clever, once you've seen it for the first time, you don't really need to see it again, and its a REALLY long credit sequence.

Agreed. That, and the 'previously on...' section at the start of episode two seemed to drag on forever. Small gripe though since this was a cracking episode as always. Season two really seems to have hit the ground running for me. It's a pity that a show this outstandingly good is on FX, as it deserves a wider audience (didn't ITV bury it away on ITV3 or something?).  

Post #: 16
RE: Dexter season 2 on FX - 17/7/2008 9:50:22 PM   
Dexter Morgan

Do you think i'm a fan?
I'm halfway through season 2, brilliant, the first sticks quite close to the books but the second has a differnt story arc but still sticks to idea of the book.

Oh and Fonz, i remember the first season was shown on ITV1 & ITV3, but that was before i got my computer and have'nt watched TV(regular) for a few months.

Anyone heard about the game, wonder how it's going?

Can't wait for the forth book, lot to long now

Sod the Onion
http://www.thedailyshow.com/

(in reply to Fonz)
Post #: 17
RE: Dexter season 2 on FX - 17/7/2008 9:56:57 PM   
Vertigo...Woo.Yay.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Fonz
It's a pity that a show this outstandingly good is on FX, as it deserves a wider audience

As Head Of Programmes for FX, I'd just like to say 'you're welcome'.

(In fact, I'd also like to add that before us, no-one - absolutely no other channel, then or now -was willing to take a chance on The Wire. We did and it still gets fawning adulatory from critics, who'll still have a pop at FX as a channel in the same paragraph. Again, you're welcome. Harumph. )

< Message edited by Vertigo...Woo.Yay. -- 17/7/2008 10:03:15 PM >

"Define 'interesting'"

All hail Hypnotoad

(in reply to Fonz)
Post #: 18
RE: Dexter season 2 on FX - 18/7/2008 7:01:44 AM   
Fonz

quote:

ORIGINAL: Vertigo...Woo.Yay.

quote:

It's a pity that a show this outstandingly good is on FX, as it deserves a wider audience

(In fact, I'd also like to add that before us, no-one - absolutely no other channel, then or now -was willing to take a chance on The Wire. We did and it still gets fawning adulatory from critics, who'll still have a pop at FX as a channel in the same paragraph. Again, you're welcome. Harumph. )

Oooops. I'll get my coat..........

Seriously though, it wasn't meant as a dig to FX. It is however a sad disappointing fact of life that most people seem too reluctant to stray from their TV comfort zone of the first six channels. It's why I have to edndure the constant pain of going to work every day and listen to hordes of people chat about dross like Jeremy Kyle and Corrie whilst only a meagre handful of people have seen a quality programme like Dexter. And yes, I have told people to go and watch it, but unfortuantely about 90% of people I work with are complete and utter morons.     

Post #: 19
RE: Dexter season 2 on FX - 18/7/2008 7:21:24 AM   
Zaphod121

quote:

Seriously though, it wasn't meant as a dig to FX. It is however a sad disappointing fact of life that most people seem too reluctant to stray from their TV comfort zone of the first six channels. It's why I have to edndure the constant pain of going to work every day and listen to hordes of people chat about dross like Jeremy Kyle and Corrie whilst only a meagre handful of people have seen a quality programme like Dexter. And yes, I have told people to go and watch it, but unfortuantely about 90% of people I work with are complete and utter morons.

I feel your pain man, I go in to college and everybody's talking about Doctor Who (which I like) or Top Gear but then you bring up something like Dexter or The Wire and they have no clue what your on about. Although luckily I have to friends who are uber geeks to so they know about this stuff.

"Everyone wins. Except Abed. But, you know, not everyone can win"

My Brothers Web-Series

My YouTube Channel

(in reply to Fonz)
Post #: 20
RE: Dexter season 2 on FX - 18/7/2008 8:05:23 AM   
Felix

quote:

quote:

I have just one thing to say to this...

Thanks for Family Guy and Dexter!

(Any chance of reshowing The Wire from season 1? I've missed it all so far and dont want to dive in half way through )

[This space for rent] -

Post #: 21
RE: Dexter season 2 on FX - 18/7/2008 8:07:57 AM   
El Becks

quote:

IS THIS TRUE??!  Let me shake you by the "virtual" hand, VWY.  Absolutely love The Wire and Dexter, two of the most wonderful series to ever grace the small screen.

Caught up with Episode 2 of Season 2 Dexter yesterday (what did I do before SKY+ was invented?).  Absolutely fantastic episode yet again; had been worried where Season 2 would go after how Season 1 had ended but, as with The Wire, I should not have worried; if anything think I have enjoyed the first 2 episodes of this Season even more than last Season (and I loved that); even Dexter's Sister is far less irritating this time round.

Once again, I thank you VWY, if you are a party to bringing these wonderful shows to our screens.  All hail!

It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt

Post #: 22
RE: Dexter season 2 on FX - 18/7/2008 10:11:51 AM   
Vertigo...Woo.Yay.

quote:

Seriously though, it wasn't meant as a dig to FX. It is however a sad disappointing fact of life that most people seem too reluctant to stray from their TV comfort zone of the first six channels. It's why I have to edndure the constant pain of going to work every day and listen to hordes of people chat about dross like Jeremy Kyle and Corrie whilst only a meagre handful of people have seen a quality programme like Dexter. And yes, I have told people to go and watch it, but unfortuantely about 90% of people I work with are complete and utter morons.     

My post may have had elements of emoticon exaggeration.

Also, slightly drunk at the time.

I stand by what I said about The Wire though. No-one else wanted it. Back when I started here as a lowly scheduler in late 2003, before we launched, I got given episodes 4 and 8 of season 1. They baffled me. Totally. I had no idea what the hell was going on, so I rejected it.

Then, about a week later, HBO sent episodes 1, 2 and 3, so I gave it another go. And then it suddenly clicked that it was something rather special. My boss watched them, agreed and we bought the show. Now, normally, when we put an offer in for a show, someone else has as well, and it becomes a bidding war - but not The Wire. No-one else was interested.

quote:

(Any chance of reshowing The Wire from season 1? I've missed it all so far and dont want to dive in half way through )

At some point I'm sure we will, but I don't have any details about it yet. We've just shown 1 - 4 in a regular slot to go into season 5, so I think any new run of it will be outside of primetime, but it'll be in there somewhere next year I imagine.

"Define 'interesting'"

All hail Hypnotoad

(in reply to Fonz)
Post #: 23
RE: Dexter season 2 on FX - 18/7/2008 2:33:21 PM   
Fanboyslayer

quote:

FX is actually one of my favourite channels on Sky and it's probably the one I watch the most. It's certainly come along way since being mainly X Files re runs (which I actually didn't mind either). Never managed to catch the Wire though which I'm quite gutted about as I think I might have missed something good there.  Nevermind I dare say I'll catch the re runs at some point.

Just to spare peoples blushes I feel it's only right that I should point out I'm a girl people! Not in a Crying Game way in the born without a willy way. I hope that's cleared that up.

Post #: 24
RE: Dexter season 2 on FX - 18/7/2008 2:35:58 PM   
Fanboyslayer

I forgot to add I'm loveing this season of Dexter. More of this kind of programmeing please

(in reply to Fanboyslayer)
Post #: 25
RE: Dexter season 2 on FX - 18/7/2008 3:34:30 PM   
Vertigo...Woo.Yay.

I'll keep an eye out for more dramas about emotionless yet strangely charismatic serial killers then.

Seriously, coming up in the autumn we have Breaking Bad and Burn Notice, both of which are worth a look. Burn Notice is big, silly fun, Breaking bad is a very dark comedy about a chemistry teacher diagnosed with cancer who teams up with a slacker student to make the best meth in the USA.

"Define 'interesting'"

All hail Hypnotoad

(in reply to Fanboyslayer)
Post #: 26
RE: Dexter season 2 on FX - 18/7/2008 3:59:06 PM   
Professor Moriarty

quote:

I'll keep an eye out for more dramas about emotionless yet strangely charismatic serial killers then.

Seriously, coming up in the autumn we have Breaking Bad and Burn Notice, both of which are worth a look. Burn Notice is big, silly fun, Breaking bad is a very dark comedy about a chemistry teacher diagnosed with cancer who teams up with a slacker student to make the best meth in the USA.

Is that season 1 or 2 of Burn Notice?  After the lass who play's Michael's on/off girlfriend lost her silly Irish accent from the pilot if was good fun.  Nothing serious, but well worth a dip into and I expect there are alost of Bruce Campbell fans around here.

Post #: 27
RE: Dexter season 2 on FX - 18/7/2008 4:42:50 PM   
Vertigo...Woo.Yay.

Season 1 of Burn Notice - we have season 2 for next year.

"Define 'interesting'"

All hail Hypnotoad

(in reply to Professor Moriarty)
Post #: 28
RE: Dexter season 2 on FX - 18/7/2008 4:56:25 PM   
Professor Moriarty

quote:

Season 1 of Burn Notice - we have season 2 for next year.

Cool hope it gets the viewers kinda like MacGyver meets Nowhere Man at the house of Miami Vice

Post #: 29
RE: Dexter season 2 on FX - 19/7/2008 9:54:23 AM   
UTB

Finished watching Season 2 this week. I'll save my thoughts until everyone's seen it, but it was great to see a much darker Dexter.

And yes, "pardon my tits" has become something of a catchphrase in our household. lol

(in reply to Professor Moriarty)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2 3 4   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> Dexter season 3 on FX Page: [1] 2 3 4   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI