Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

John Moore To Remake Capricorn One

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> John Moore To Remake Capricorn One Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
John Moore To Remake Capricorn One - 5/6/2008 8:27:05 AM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
- 5/6/2008 8:27:05 AM   
darioattanasio

john moore... harry knowles long lost brother...

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
uh... - 5/6/2008 8:52:39 AM   
breakism

WASTE OF MONEY! This will be average at very best. The original was classic, so just leave it alone. Yet ANOTHER remake. Give it up Hollywood pleeeeeeeaaasseee...

Post #: 3
Hollywood is eating itself... - 5/6/2008 9:01:26 AM   
Janath

I adore Capricorn One. I remember catching this late one night as a kid and being blown away. Don't forget Telly Savalas' turn as the crop sprayer. This was back in the day when character ruled; check out the almost throwaway flirting of Gould to a fellow reporter. I just hope they keep the small black helicopters in it. And give Hal Holbrook a role, or a cameo at the very least. But it will be crap. We all know that. Go watch the original - it's a hidden gem.

Post #: 4
RE: - 5/6/2008 9:04:43 AM   
Beno

The original is in my top ten favs. of all time so im more than a little interested . Like he did with his remake of "Phoenix" - which i enjoyed - he will probably make one of the main characters Female cos "Cap. 1" like the original of "Phoenix" barely has a Woman in sight . This of course will be an obvious and welcome update .
The original "Cap 1" features - near the end - some terrific aeriel sequences . Which have to be some of the best ever filmed in that or any type of movie . They will be hard pushed to recreate those sequences although Moore does seem a good Director . As long as they get the casting right im looking forward to this .

"The one about the space hairdresser and the cowboy. He's got a tinfoil pal and a pedalbin. His Father's a robot and he's fucking fucked his Sister. Lego ... They're all made of fucking Lego!!"

(in reply to darioattanasio)
Post #: 5
- 5/6/2008 9:07:27 AM   
britesparc

Henry Thomas in Elliot Gould's role, as it's the second time he'll have played an Elliot (sorry)

Post #: 6
??? - 5/6/2008 10:41:04 AM   
marty_mcfly84

i dont even nknow why im on here other than the fact that im brutally hungover and i thought this was something about my star sign...the movie is quality though and im lookin forward to the re-make. they should keep it all male though... im not sexist, i just think it would be better...im off for more coffee. ciao

Post #: 7
Stop the pointless 'reimaginings' - 5/6/2008 10:43:32 AM   
wolverines claw

Capricorn One and The Taking of Pelham 123 are two of my favourites films from the 70's, both of which are now being remade. As Janath says, character (and story) ruled. What are the new versions going to add? Flashy camera angles? Product placement? Either way, i can envisage them being completely souless affairs. I watched these films on TV as a kid and they worked well enough for me then becuase they were well written and had adults acting in adult roles. I'm fed up of the notion that to bring in a younger audience you have to have a younger cast or dumb down the story by over explaining everything. What on earth will Hollywood plunder for the remake treatment in 30 years?

Post #: 8
RE: Stop the pointless 'reimaginings' - 5/6/2008 11:20:50 AM   
Paxton

Just because...

http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=1729976&mpage=1&key=Capricorn&NID=0#1729976

I drink your milkshake.

Films I am jazzed for:

Not a whole lot these days...

(in reply to wolverines claw)
Post #: 9
Just because you have a beard… - 5/6/2008 11:51:36 AM   
RoboMan24

doesn´t make you a great director. Daily dose of Hollywood remake news: check.

Post #: 10
- 5/6/2008 11:55:10 AM   
Manfrendshensindshen

How creative - John Moore's doing a remake! Rejoice! Capricorn One was a perfectly adequate film and probably the highlight of Peter Hyams' career - so why should anyone remake it? I found the idea of a Pelham 123 rehash even worse, since I like that movie better, but Tony Scott will surely bring something new to it. I might not like it, but he definitely isn't going to reshoot the original frame-by-frame. But what exactly has Moore brought to his remakes?

Post #: 11
- 5/6/2008 12:43:46 PM   
thechair

Gould played the reporter on the trail of the conspiracy, not one of the astronauts pulling the fakey.

Post #: 12
- 5/6/2008 3:08:51 PM   
ernest

this guys head looks like a giant scrotum with eyes, he should team up with brett ratner and make a film about themselves called "THE SCROTUMFACE TWINS".

Post #: 13
can't this guy just F off. - 5/6/2008 3:54:16 PM   
potemkin1925

there is only one Flight of the Phoenix

Post #: 14
A fine film - 5/6/2008 5:22:50 PM   
sanchia

The original is a fine film. why don't they just come up with an original idea instead. Or would that be too much effort?

Post #: 15
No imagination - 5/6/2008 5:57:34 PM   
bungle2403

Is John Moore a boring person who has no imagination of his own! I thought the obvious choice for OJ's role would be Homer J Simpson. Homer having to struggle to overcome thirst and hunger in the desert would be a gripping story plus he would add authenticity considering he is a trained astronaut and has already been to space. Elliot Gould was actually the journalist & the 3rd astronaut was Sam Waterston, therefore, Dennis Waterman would be an ideal replacement. It means Moore has someone to write and sing the theme tune!

Post #: 16
RE: No imagination - 5/6/2008 9:18:55 PM   
Dirty Hartigan

I think I'd have been happier with a better director doing the remake, but it's good that it'll bring some attention to the underrated original.

(in reply to bungle2403)
Post #: 17
Capricorn One should indeed be remade - 5/6/2008 9:32:35 PM   
friendlyfire

The original is a brilliant movie partially spoiled by absurdity, to whit: the multiple half-assed assassination attempts on Elliot Gould, after which they give up and put drugs in his house. But as long as they have those bastard-scary helicopters, I'll be happy.

Post #: 18
- 6/6/2008 12:53:38 AM   
Gabriel

Sadly I have the dubious honour of hailing from the same town as this big fat sack of no-talent. Other things that have come from that town? The fecking Corrs!! What a shit hole...

Post #: 19
- 6/6/2008 2:44:55 PM   
Gold Digger

The Omen remake was a pointless exercise and an insult to movie fans of the original. But Cap One is ripe for a remake as long as they use Jerry Goldsmith's incredible main theme!!!

Post #: 20
RE: John Moore To Remake Capricorn One - 6/6/2008 3:51:08 PM   
filmburner30

Why dont they just let Hyams Direct it ?
Really though i love the original (Take a bow Jerry Goldsmiths score)

I bet we get OJ and Gould Cameos

What next Outland starring Gerad Butler .............hang on  

"Where are you calling from Milo?"
"The bottom of the pool?"

"Im The Anti Christ.You got me in a Vendetta kind of mood"

"Come back Alan , You Wanker!"

"Your a Doctor,Deal with it"

Post #: 21
RE: John Moore To Remake Capricorn One - 6/6/2008 4:16:29 PM   
ray pye

Coolio.  Loved the original, watched it last year, and I was literally in tears at the ending. 

I never have a problem with remakes.  If it works ... brilliant!  If it doesnt, well, there'll still be the oirginal.

(in reply to filmburner30)
Post #: 22
- 6/6/2008 7:37:21 PM   
John Firth

This will fail without OJ.

Post #: 23
RE: - 7/6/2008 9:54:48 PM   
mackey

John Moore is a complete hack and this will be his hat-trick of appalling remakes. 

I know that look; it's the same look my father gave me when I told him I wanted to be a ventriloquist.

(in reply to John Firth)
Post #: 24
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> John Moore To Remake Capricorn One Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI