NO

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> NO Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
NO - 5/6/2008 8:40:31 AM   
Tim_Bisley

NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Where's my gun ?

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 61
- 5/6/2008 8:56:53 AM   
Metalion

Who the hell invented the concept of money? Bring me his mummified head please. Hollywood is running faster and faster towards the void where no good movies have seen the light of day.

Post #: 62
The prohpecy is fulfilled - 5/6/2008 12:35:27 PM   
Bushman

It's hard to get any more worked up about this uber-turd in the making. The fact that Ratner was going to make it all family friendly was pretty much a no brainer. Critics and old school Murphy fans will hate it but, that wont stop it going to No 1 in the US box office charts.

Post #: 63
CAN NOT WAIT - 5/6/2008 12:59:48 PM   
stephenand

FOR A COP MOVIE WHERE A BLACK COP, GOE'S AROUND DOING A CRAP JOB, CRACKING CRAP JOKES!! , AND GOING ON ABOUT MJ, MAYBE THIS TIME RATNER SHOULD GIVE AXEL A PARTNER, MAYBE SOMEONE FROM ASIA, AND THEY HAVE TO SOLVE A DIPLOMATIC INCIDENT, THAT WOULD BE ORIGNAL FROM ALL THE CRAP HOLLYWOOD IS SPEWING OUT!!!!!!!!!........

< Message edited by stephenand -- 5/6/2008 1:01:16 PM >

Post #: 64
RE: Brett Ratner Talks Beverly Hills Cop 4 - 5/6/2008 1:07:05 PM   
gja2677

Just a thought for everyone to think about before they decide to storm Hollywood, I'm fairly sure that the rating system in America works slightly differently than ours over here. An R rating in the US is just a glorified 12A, children under 17 must be accompanied by an adult if I remember correctly, and the fact that Ratner says that he wants kids of 12 and 13 to have the same experience that he had when he was 12 and 13 and the first one came out might not actually mean that he is planning for it to be a PG-13.

Post #: 65
You Funned my wife!? - 5/6/2008 1:57:01 PM   
Tosh

haha muddy funster! :D

the best dubbing for ITV was in Robocop when they used Maggot Farmer instead of mother fucker - genius soooo scary being called that

Post #: 66
Things to do... - 5/6/2008 6:41:28 PM   
themathemagician

Post #: 67
Things to do... - 5/6/2008 6:44:56 PM   
themathemagician

1. Put on the following DVDs: Delirious, Raw, Bowfinger, I Spy and the first and second BHCs. Bask in Eddie Murphy being good...

2. After remembering that wisecracking, foul mouthed tomfoolery was perfected by Murphy, stay in hope that the Studio might come to their senses.

3. Empire, stop being politically neutral, come out and say Ratner's an idiot. Is he not content with ruining the Lecter and X-Men franchise? (I liked Hannibal (!), so it's Red Dragon's fault, and X-Men 3 made me cry - all the good work, and THIS is the climax)

Rant over...

Post #: 68
And another thing! - 5/6/2008 6:47:51 PM   
themathemagician

Isn't the "R" rating defined as "No person under 17 can watch this film without adult supervision"?

Put in the swearing and action - kids can see it with their parents ("Son, this was how Eddie Murphy used to be...")

Post #: 69
And another thing! - 5/6/2008 6:50:47 PM   
themathemagician

Isn't the "R" rating defined as "No person under 17 can watch this film without adult supervision"?

Put in the swearing and action - kids can see it with their parents ("Son, this was how Eddie Murphy used to be...")

Post #: 70
- 6/6/2008 5:52:13 PM   
jambobjam

Brett Ratner might and I emphasise -might- make this work. He doesn't do himself any favours by spewing out verbal dysentry like "10-year-old kids, 12-year-old kids don’t really know the old Beverly Hills Cop." It sounds like something George Lucas would say if he were ever to one day stand up and shout "hey steven, i'm gonna make Back to the Future 4? okay?! is that okay? with CGI, and stuff that is -also- made out of CGI"

My personal opinion, and of course its just that, is that this could only work if Mr Foley were to enlist Bronson Pinchot's Serge as a sidekick. But even then we have to take into account that Eddie Murphy's last funny role was as Donkey in the first Shrek movie.

Post #: 71
- 9/6/2008 7:04:29 PM   
Adrian

Ratner didn't ruin X-men. it's the fact that he had the work of aproximately 578 other directors before him with which to make the film. the fact that the film was even watchable. even releasable. I think was pretty good going by him.

though fully agreed. Beverly Hills Cop for kids isn't Beverly Hills Cop at-all. it's... i dunno... i cant think of a kiddie equivlent to beverly hills cop right now. but not good.

Post #: 72
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> NO Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI