Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

WHAT ABOUT

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> WHAT ABOUT Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
WHAT ABOUT - 29/5/2008 11:04:06 AM   
Gerlach

Tango and Cash 2..? Sly IS on a roll... (Oh wait... No black guy) I got it! American Ninja! He has a black sidekick who was awesome! Whatever happened to Michael Dudikoff?

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 31
RE: Awesome!! - 29/5/2008 11:30:12 AM   
Frank Castle

quote:

ORIGINAL: whitelighter

An 80s franchise I would like to see is a SHORT CIRCUIT 3. Heres the pitch.... Jonny 5 is in a plane flying over Iraq, The plane is shot down & poor jonny jumps from the plane just in time before it blows. He lands in Iraq, hooks up with a load of marines & goes all commando. Lots of killing & big explosions.

Is it wrong that i would actually watch that? They be to busy sueing wall-e makers (im sorry that little guy is johnny 5) anyway to make anouther short curcuit.

Anyway ive been hesitant with all the recent updates of 80's franchices but the only one been disapointed with was indy but that was ok. So so far they nt been to bad? Pron is what someone mentioned eddie murphys a twat now with fame going to his head and His fan based has deteriorated. Poeple dont like ratner either(though i dont mind him so much). Cant see it doing anything but bombing to be honest?

" guys its ok, he just wanted his machette back"!!

(in reply to whitelighter)
Post #: 32
An idea... - 29/5/2008 11:58:38 AM   
Mopictures

How about "Bill and Ted 3: Only The Good Die Young?

Reeves and Winter play the aging rockers who realise the 21st century isn't the Utopia it's meant to be and realise the only way to carry on the "Be Excellent To Each Other" ethos is to get every musician in history together for a totally bodacious comeback show to unite the world. Beethoven headlining, of course.

Oh, and the last scene is them getting in a limo with Death!

Post #: 33
- 29/5/2008 12:02:09 PM   
eiffey

Ghostbusters 3!

Post #: 34
RE: - 29/5/2008 12:15:35 PM   
crimebusterofthesea

I'm still waiting for Tango & Cash 2 and it has to be written by Simon Pegg

I have no doubt Kurt Russell and Sly would do it, Teri Hatcher would probably be up for it aswell

(in reply to eiffey)
Post #: 35
Re Know your Bible - 29/5/2008 12:30:44 PM   
Bushman

I'n with The_Hat on this one: much wailing and gnashing of teeth, the end of days is upon us! Murphy is desperate to revive his career after all but killing it off in Norbit and BHC4 will probably see a turn around in his fortunes. The film itself will still suck though. What made the first one (and probably the second) funny was his famously foul mouth delivered at 100mph. Given that this new film will almost certainly have a 12A rating all that potty mouth is going to have to go leaving Murphy exclaiming 'Get the Hell out of here' like the badly dubbed versions of the first one you see on Channel 5 saturday afternoons sometimes.

Post #: 36
Eddie Murphy R.I.P - 29/5/2008 12:38:37 PM   
drexil69

Lets hope they do make it that way it should be the last we see of this washed up joke. It just shows he will try anything for a few dollars he must have another paternity suit against him.

Post #: 37
Does Empire see its audience as Non-Film Fan dumbasses? - 29/5/2008 12:56:11 PM   
blindfold

Thank you Helen O'hara for patronising your auidence by spelling out the reference you made. Is Empires fanbase really that ignorant? If so it might explain the lazy TOP 50 'whatever 'editions they churn out on a regular basis. Always nice and predictable those! With very little detail going into the writing.

Lets hope Empire isnt reallyu being run by the people that produce CHAT or HELLO magazin.

Post #: 38
Does Empire see its audience as Non-Film Fan dumbasses? - 29/5/2008 12:56:44 PM   
blindfold

Thank you Helen O'hara for patronising your auidence by spelling out the reference you made. Is Empires fanbase really that ignorant? If so it might explain the lazy TOP 50 'whatever 'editions they churn out on a regular basis. Always nice and predictable those! With very little detail going into the writing.

Lets hope Empire isnt reallyu being run by the people that produce CHAT or HELLO magazine.

Post #: 39
RE: Eddie Murphy R.I.P - 29/5/2008 12:59:37 PM   
Greg Andrew

When you listen to John Landis talk about BHC3 he kind of puts the blame squarely at Murphey for trying to turn Foley into an Action hero and trying to put the comedy on the backburner. 

Will they thaw out Judge Reinhold as well. Some dead horses just get flogged. Glad to see he is undoing all the good he did in dreamgirls so quickly.

Saying that i'm thinking it could all be saved with a fat suit sidekick. Who could play the fat suit side kick? I've got it, Eddie Mur......

Hey man this is a private residence!

Who the f**k are the Knutsens?

www.hingwayfilms.co.uk

http://www.indiegogo.com/the-consultant

(in reply to drexil69)
Post #: 40
- 29/5/2008 1:03:01 PM   
Eomer_King

I think we can safely say this will be shit.

Post #: 41
RE: Does Empire see its audience as Non-Film Fan dumbas... - 29/5/2008 1:29:40 PM   
riothejedi

quote:

ORIGINAL: blindfold

Lets hope Empire isnt reallyu being run by the people that produce CHAT or HELLO magazin.

Dude, if you'd actually bothered to read the thread you'd see that someone didn't get the reference and complained about unnecessary comments about racism. So having the explanation there is actually quite sensible, wouldn't you say?

The idea of Ratner directing makes me cringe, but I loved BHC and if this looks half as good as the first one I'll probably go watch it.

(in reply to blindfold)
Post #: 42
This aint... - 29/5/2008 1:33:03 PM   
Kirky

the end you know! Aint they planning a sequel to one of the best films ever, The Goonies? And what bout Lost Boys 2(actually looks good). They aint going to stop doing this!

Sequels are just the start, what bout remakes/reimagines planned? Warriors, Short Circuit and Deathrace?

And dont get me started on the never ending Conan issue!

Post #: 43
RE: Does Empire see its audience as Non-Film Fan dumbas... - 29/5/2008 1:33:56 PM   
gman1050

no, they dont, they just know thta some of us might not have seen beverly hills cop. aka me!!

(in reply to blindfold)
Post #: 44
This aint... - 29/5/2008 1:35:06 PM   
Kirky

the end you know! Aint they planning a sequel to one of the best films ever, The Goonies? And what bout Lost Boys 2(actually looks good). They aint going to stop doing this!

Sequels are just the start, what bout remakes/reimagines planned? Warriors, Short Circuit and Deathrace?

And dont get me started on the never ending Conan issue!

Post #: 45
Dear God Why? - 29/5/2008 1:35:43 PM   
Rocket 3000

tenner says they have Axl chasing after aliens.

Post #: 46
So after the 80's 'revival'.... - 29/5/2008 2:11:14 PM   
Seamie

...are we getting a 90's 'reimagining' (shudder!) Expect to see 'Silence of the Lambs' with Lindsay Lohan looking for Paris Hilton rubbing lotion on herself. Freddie Highmore saving the world from Aliens in 'Independence Day: Day of Independence' and of course, Dakota Fanning as Dr Ellie Satler in 'Jurassic Park - Extra Polygons'
I'm going away to cry now.

Post #: 47
RE: - 29/5/2008 2:15:30 PM   
Greg Andrew

quote:

ORIGINAL: Eomer_King

I think we can safely say this will be shit.

Ha ha. So simple but yet so right, thankyou eomer king for bringing a big belly laugh to my day.

Hey man this is a private residence!

Who the f**k are the Knutsens?

www.hingwayfilms.co.uk

http://www.indiegogo.com/the-consultant

(in reply to Eomer_King)
Post #: 48
Is the Heat On? - 29/5/2008 2:27:29 PM   
JediBobster

Well, I'd rather see Eddie Murphy back in a role I want to see him in than starring in the gubbins that he has been in of late.

And I'd rather Eddie return to Axel Foley than have a remake of Beverliy Hill's Cop happen. Heck, who'd play Axel?

And this is exactly the kind of fare that Brett Ratner should be handling. At the very least it keeps him from sniffing around any more beloved comic-book franchises.

JEDI BOBSTER

(in reply to Rocket 3000)
Post #: 49
Why, for the love of god why? - 29/5/2008 2:56:29 PM   
dave_0989

Eddie is a talented man he's made me laugh (beverly hills cop I,II and Vampire in brooklyn) but he has also made me want to kill him (Norbit and Pluto nash) so why is he doing this.

He should be worrying about new projects not copying Die hard and Rambo and Indiana Jones and Rocky by bringing a new installment years later to a franchise

Die hard, Rocky and Rambo were brilliant i thought Indy did it wrong so he could do it better but the odds are stacked up against him to make it right and more pressure if Meet Dave flops so i will give him a shot because ratners directing and i like rush hour and x - men 3 (not as good as other two but i thought it was enjoyable).

So good luck murphy fail this time and i won't watvh another new movie you produce.

Post #: 50
Why, for the love of god why? - 29/5/2008 3:03:17 PM   
dave_0989

Eddie is a talented man he's made me laugh (beverly hills cop I,II and Vampire in brooklyn) but he has also made me want to kill him (Norbit and Pluto nash) so why is he doing this.

He should be worrying about new projects not copying Die hard and Rambo and Indiana Jones and Rocky by bringing a new installment years later to a franchise

Die hard, Rocky and Rambo were brilliant i thought Indy did it wrong so he could do it better but the odds are stacked up against him to make it right and more pressure if Meet Dave flops so i will give him a shot because ratners directing and i like rush hour and x - men 3 (not as good as other two but i thought it was enjoyable).

So good luck murphy fail this time and i won't watvh another new movie you produce.

Post #: 51
RE: Is the Heat On? - 29/5/2008 3:09:17 PM   
bad hat harry

it's a shame that at some point Eddie Murphy actually turned into a real life version of Kit Ramsey at some point.

i always thought 48 hours was a far better movie that Beverly hills cop and for me the Beverley hills cop movies have aged really pretty badly, especially the second one, that just has nothing to it in terms of the gags or the story. the first movie is just a ninety minute ad for lucky strike cigarettes as well. the only thing those movies had going for them was gilbert hill. I've never seen anybody else swear that well. 

maybe in  BHC4 Axel Foley can drive around L.A picking up Tranny prostitutes, who are hitchhiking....through the city, late at night, in an ironic twist on his previous years of homophobia. but i guess then it would have to be like a dogme style documentary about Eddie Murphy's real life.

the only good thing about this getting made is that at least Brett Ranter isn't being allowed anywhere near the escape from new York remake or any of the other movies he was rumored to be inflicting his mediocrity on . if all he makes in future are Beverly hills cop movies i wont complain.

< Message edited by bad hat harry -- 29/5/2008 3:11:57 PM >

I was thrown out of college for cheating on the metaphysics exam; I looked into the soul of the boy sitting next to me.
Woody Allen

(in reply to JediBobster)
Post #: 52
RE: Fourth Beverly Hills Cop Planned - 29/5/2008 3:11:47 PM   
fuzzy

I know Murphy is pretty much a cheesy family film sell out these days, but I've got no problem with a 4th BHC. The difference with this franchise is that it went way downhill after the first, so there should be no expectations for this one. I'm a big fan of the 1st one, Murphy has never been better (Trading Places coming a close second), memorable lines and set-pieces, with a good blend of comedy and violence that only the 80s could do. If Murphy plays Foley as the foul-mouthed, wise-cracking, crappy Chevy Nova driving, fish out of water from the 1st film it might be worth a watch... here's hoping anyway.

Post #: 53
Bring back Rheinhold and John Ashton - 29/5/2008 3:14:00 PM   
davidtappenden32

If they want the fourth film to work they have to bring back Rosewood and Taggert, they were as much a reason for the success and awesomeness of the first two films as Murphy was.

And don't water down the violence and the comedy either!!! We don't want another sh*te installment like the third one!

Post #: 54
RE: Dear God Why? - 29/5/2008 3:36:01 PM   
bronco3114

Pointless... but guess with a 15 certificate we might have a chance of seeing Murphy at his vulgar and unihibited best!

Post #: 55
Ghostbusters III or Bact to The Future IV anyone!? - 29/5/2008 3:37:22 PM   
bronco3114

What are the odds on these being anounced within the next 12 months?!

Post #: 56
Ghostbusters III or Bact to The Future IV anyone!? - 29/5/2008 3:46:07 PM   
bronco3114

What are the odds on these being anounced within the next 12 months?!

Post #: 57
- 29/5/2008 4:29:16 PM   
clarkkent

as long as it doesnt fall foul of current trend of making franchises that were previously 15/18 suddenly 12's

Post #: 58
RE: Ghostbusters III or Bact to The Future IV anyone!? - 29/5/2008 4:39:07 PM   
Leeorami 2.0

BTTF 4 will NOT be happening. I believe Bob Gale said so at a conference mentioned on BTTF.com.
And quite rightly so!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(in reply to bronco3114)
Post #: 59
You just know... - 29/5/2008 4:40:56 PM   
Gabriel

it´s gona be a 12 cert. In keeping with Murphy´s own recent family-fare and the trend of sanitising 80´s revivals (except Rambo I´m told, I never saw it) But BHC 2&3 already did a good job of screwing up the franchise so it´s really too late to start complaining.
As for Ghostbusters III or Back to The Future IV? Both exciting and scary prospects...

Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> WHAT ABOUT Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI