Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Well done Lucas

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews >> Well done Lucas Page: <<   < prev  50 51 [52] 53 54   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Well done Lucas - 28/6/2011 11:11:17 AM   
velvet

Well George, u have done it again and destroyed our childhood. I thought the Star Wars Prequels were bad, this is taking the michael. Where do i start, ok firstly nice to see Harrison back in costume, i can live with how it starts, just about but after that, its so boring. The title isnt good, not having Connery there didnt help, Cate Blanchett was so annoying, Ray Winstone has so chemistry wit indiana, Shia is annoying and the story moves slowly. The artifact is terrible, and it doesnt show what it can do and the fact that Indiana finds it so easily is stupid. Some of the action is good, the jungle stuff is ok, but too much cgi and flying monkeys, PLEASE. John Hurt is wasted, he was smoking something and the ending is awful. There is no sense with this movie that its fun and enjoyable, we are not asking for Shakespeare but jusy a rip roring adventure. The wedding at end is embarressing and poor Karen Allen, she is wasted. Worst Speilburg movie since AI, even the Terminal was good and that looked like it was gona b crap. Speilberg seemed to b on autopilot and agreed to Lucas on everything, Dont forget u have a writer called David Koepp who is a good writer(wrote Spidy 1, Panic Room). I wasnt expecting an a amazing movie but just a good fun exciting movie, which this is not. I hope they dont do a sequel and i will not watch any future Speilberg movies. I hope Lucas is satisfied, he has taken the piss out of all of us again. If Michael Bay had directed this, it would have been amazing, he doesnt get enough credit, you can critize him all u want, but boy can he do action. Even the Mummy 1 is better than this, and that had lot of CGI. Shame on u Empire for a 4 star, definitly a 3 , just

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 1531
Well done Lucas - 28/6/2011 11:11:55 AM   
velvet

Well George, u have done it again and destroyed our childhood. I thought the Star Wars Prequels were bad, this is taking the michael. Where do i start, ok firstly nice to see Harrison back in costume, i can live with how it starts, just about but after that, its so boring. The title isnt good, not having Connery there didnt help, Cate Blanchett was so annoying, Ray Winstone has so chemistry wit indiana, Shia is annoying and the story moves slowly. The artifact is terrible, and it doesnt show what it can do and the fact that Indiana finds it so easily is stupid. Some of the action is good, the jungle stuff is ok, but too much cgi and flying monkeys, PLEASE. John Hurt is wasted, he was smoking something and the ending is awful. There is no sense with this movie that its fun and enjoyable, we are not asking for Shakespeare but jusy a rip roring adventure. The wedding at end is embarressing and poor Karen Allen, she is wasted. Worst Speilburg movie since AI, even the Terminal was good and that looked like it was gona b crap. Speilberg seemed to b on autopilot and agreed to Lucas on everything, Dont forget u have a writer called David Koepp who is a good writer(wrote Spidy 1, Panic Room). I wasnt expecting an a amazing movie but just a good fun exciting movie, which this is not. I hope they dont do a sequel and i will not watch any future Speilberg movies. I hope Lucas is satisfied, he has taken the piss out of all of us again. If Michael Bay had directed this, it would have been amazing, he doesnt get enough credit, you can critize him all u want, but boy can he do action. Even the Mummy 1 is better than this, and that had lot of CGI. Shame on u Empire for a 4 star, definitly a 3 , just

Post #: 1532
RE: Indiana Jones And The Kingdom Of The Crystal Skull - 5/7/2011 11:14:31 PM   
megatron_bee

Action was great, loved Shia LaBeouf in it but I didn't like the whole sci-fi thing at the end, was pretty average I thought,

Music Enthusiast

Post #: 1533
RE: Well done Lucas - 7/7/2011 1:54:54 PM   
Drew_231

I thought the best thing about this film was Harrison Ford, so why they kept focusing the attention on the five other characters who were constantly around him is beyond me

The clue is in the title guys, its not 'The Jones family and Friends and the.....'
Post #: 1534
Not as bad as history has made out - 8/7/2011 10:21:44 AM   
trainedasninja

Never really understood the criticism for this film in all honesty as the orginal trillogy are not flawless either. I really enjoyed the Aliens reveal I didnt see it coming and cmon people it is more realistic than a box that can melt people's faces or a cup that can bring immortality. The acting was great too even if Ford may have lost some of his magic but that its to be expected. The character is older now and would be a different. Labeouf is completly unirritating and really is not the anakin skywalker of the series, I thought he did a good job and with the other actors you can hardly pick faults. In fact the whole film should be praised for being unafraid to be a little daring and not sticking to some extent to what fans expect (aside from the obvious). Sure the Cgi jungle is horrible but why should they deliberately make the film older. I personally found that sequence almost as exciting as the Last Crusade climax. Complaints are so rediculously petty, desert rats, tarzan like rope swinging, good actors which have such small parts. It is frankly silly. Just before the credits is another great moment guranteed to cause a smile as Indiana takes back his hat. The older three films are untouchable as far as im concerned and this does not harm their memory but in fact celebrates them. I also love the nice warm glossy sheen the film has. People ignore that this rides with all the adventurous creativity of any other Indiana Jones film and certainly not far off from Temple of Doom in way of quality. Maybe its because I wasn't born when the orginals were prominant but this is great entertainment - 4 stars from me

Post #: 1535
Respect - 30/9/2011 1:58:13 PM   
Saxsymbol

If one thing can be said about 'Kingdom', it's that this picture surely didn't take the easy road of it's predecessor, 'Crusade', which was a bit of a Raiders remake. Sure, at first it was a bit odd to see Indy running around on a nuclear test site, but at least Spielberg had the balls not to walk the beaten path (again): Indy's 'old' now, has to come to terms with a quickly changing world, occupied by hipsters, rock & roll and space exploration. To me the film was really melancholic in a way, exploring many 50's themes in a 'larger than life' way, without going overboard. Harrison Ford certainly aged a bit, but is still in great physical shape, the surprise of the film. Therefore the movie would have been strong enough without all those unnecessary peripheral characters tagging along on Indy's (final?) adventure, especially Ray Winstone's double agent was a bit of a fifth wheel, only adding cunfusion to the story: The plot looked a bit like Indy took his whole family to a theme park to enjoy 'El Dorado, The Wild Water Ride'.

< Message edited by Saxsymbol -- 30/9/2011 2:13:17 PM >

Post #: 1536
oh dear - 6/12/2011 11:43:25 AM   
antosh25

Ruined ! an intire franchise........Ruined.

Post #: 1537
Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull Review - 30/12/2011 11:27:00 PM   
the film man

Though the plot elements are certainly familiar, Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull still delivers the thrills and adventure of it's predecessors, and Harrison Ford's return in the title role was more than welcome.

Post #: 1538
RE: Is this Highlander 2? - 18/8/2012 8:03:25 PM   
cerebusboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: BOHEMIANBOB

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mooncalf

Even the stars are starting to confess this movie is no good - Yeah!
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/movies/2010/05/shia-labeouf-wall-street-2-indiana-jones-steven-spielberg.html

That has to say it all!
Surely this franchise is dead now?

lol, not really, if Shia Le Beouf had infallible taste for good quality movies he wouldn't make shite like the Transformers!

(in reply to BOHEMIANBOB)
Post #: 1539
RE: ...remember... - 18/8/2012 8:05:28 PM   
cerebusboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: BOHEMIANBOB

Why drag this up?
This is Harrison endorsing his own Phantom Menace.

You're the guy with the Episode 1 avatgar

(in reply to BOHEMIANBOB)
Post #: 1540
RE: Disgrace... - 18/8/2012 8:10:42 PM   
Rgirvan44

You're responding to people how have been banned from the website.

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

Post #: 1541
RE: Disgrace... - 18/8/2012 8:11:33 PM   
cerebusboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rgirvan44

Ah, sorry. Can I ask why they got banned?

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 1542
RE: Disgrace... - 18/8/2012 8:13:55 PM   
Rgirvan44

quote:

ORIGINAL: cerebusboy

quote:

Just letting you know you shouldn't expect a response!

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

(in reply to cerebusboy)
Post #: 1543
RE: Disgrace... - 18/8/2012 8:15:09 PM   
cerebusboy

quote:

quote:

quote:

Just letting you know you shouldn't expect a response!

Fair enough, thanks! But the Dark Knight Rises thread appears to have petered out

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 1544
RE: Disgrace... - 18/8/2012 8:15:50 PM   
Hobbitonlass

quote:

quote:

Nope, next question..

Come join in the Photo competition http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=3116407&mpage=1&key=

(in reply to cerebusboy)
Post #: 1545
RE: Disgrace... - 18/8/2012 8:16:59 PM   
cerebusboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hobbitonlass

quote:

quote:

Nope, next question..

Will asking a next question get ME banned? This is ominous...

(in reply to Hobbitonlass)
Post #: 1546
RE: Disgrace... - 18/8/2012 8:23:54 PM   
Hood_Man

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Nope, next question..

Rule #1 of Empire, you do not talk about banned members.

Rule #2 of Empire, you do not TALK about banned members.

I'm sure Hobbs will explain in detail, basically it's considered unfair on the banned member since they can't defend themselves

(in reply to cerebusboy)
Post #: 1547
RE: Disgrace... - 18/8/2012 8:24:41 PM   
Hobbitonlass

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Nope, next question..

Just finished watching this film on BBC1 and still feel the same about the end. Doesn't get any better.

Come join in the Photo competition http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=3116407&mpage=1&key=

(in reply to cerebusboy)
Post #: 1548
RE: Disgrace... - 18/8/2012 8:24:44 PM   
cerebusboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hood_Man

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Nope, next question..

I'm sure Hobbs will explain in detail, basically it's considered unfair on the banned member since they can't defend themselves

Duly noted!! I just wanted to talk about Indy

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 1549
RE: Disgrace... - 18/8/2012 8:25:39 PM   
cerebusboy

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Nope, next question..

Just finished watching this film on BBC1 and still feel the same about the end. Doesn't get any better.

Indy getting married or the bit with the aliens (or both!)?

Post #: 1550
RE: Disgrace... - 18/8/2012 8:27:11 PM   
jonson

Oh lord, you've now infested another review thread quoting posts from about a year ago, are you for real?

I've got all the Barbie ones!!!

Yeah but you're old. Really old. Old. Old. Old. Old.

(in reply to cerebusboy)
Post #: 1551
RE: Disgrace... - 18/8/2012 8:27:58 PM   
Hood_Man

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Nope, next question..

So did we, until things got crazy 4 years ago

Watched a bit of it tonight, not really changed my mind to be honest. It's entertaining and I loved the punch up at the start, the motorcycle chase, and the bit with the ants, but it still feels that bit too uncomfortably silly to me.

Better than Doom though

(in reply to cerebusboy)
Post #: 1552
RE: Disgrace... - 18/8/2012 8:28:54 PM   
Hobbitonlass

quote:

I'm sure Hobbs will explain in detail

nah, you've done a sterling job (and I've got a champagne blush to concentrate on )

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 1553
RE: Disgrace... - 18/8/2012 8:29:34 PM   
cerebusboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: jonson

Oh lord, you've now infested another review thread quoting posts from about a year ago, are you for real?

Infested? 'Another' I was at the DKR thread near the start, posting a damn site more than you, and it's been out a lot less than a year.

But: apparently so. The block button's right fucking there, pal. I was unaware that the website of the world's most popular film magazine is actually a Private Fucking Member's Club.

(in reply to jonson)
Post #: 1554
RE: Disgrace... - 18/8/2012 8:31:09 PM   
cerebusboy

Anyway, off to page 1 to start some replies . Please be sure to inform me of your opinions. I can't live without them.

(in reply to jonson)
Post #: 1555
RE: Disgrace... - 18/8/2012 8:32:30 PM   
Hood_Man

quote:

quote:

I'm sure Hobbs will explain in detail

nah, you've done a sterling job (and I've got a champagne blush to concentrate on )

Post #: 1556
RE: Disgrace... - 18/8/2012 8:33:40 PM   
cerebusboy

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Nope, next question..

So did we, until things got crazy 4 years ago

Watched a bit of it tonight, not really changed my mind to be honest. It's entertaining and I loved the punch up at the start, the motorcycle chase, and the bit with the ants, but it still feels that bit too uncomfortably silly to me.

Better than Doom though

The odd thing about the silliness is that the movie (I don't think unsuccessfully) tried (before it turned sci-fi, admittedly) to think about what Indy in the 50s would be like. I realise that some people regard it as just another dropped subplot, but I maintain that all the FBI/Red panic stuff was sharp and interesting.

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 1557
RE: Disgrace... - 18/8/2012 8:34:53 PM   
cerebusboy

And hey, perhaps we can rename this "Jonson's Club House" to stop people infesting a film review thread with....you know...film reviews?

(in reply to jonson)
Post #: 1558
RE: In My Opinion.... - 18/8/2012 8:48:33 PM   
cerebusboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: darth silas

Look everyone,they werent Aliens.They were ''interdimensional beings''.So says Uncle George.

"So what do they look like"
"Well, they look like aliens!"

(in reply to darth silas)
Post #: 1559
RE: In My Opinion.... - 18/8/2012 8:49:25 PM   
cerebusboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Fluke Skywalker

I found no problem with the alien story whatsoever - as I said before I felt it was a pretty natural progression from all the supernatural stuff and an excellent creative decision by Lucas/ Spielberg. Plus the final alien ship take off is a cinematic work of art

Well said Fluke. Glad you don't think Crystal Skull has any "plot holes" !

(in reply to Fluke Skywalker)
Post #: 1560
Page:   <<   < prev  50 51 [52] 53 54   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews >> Well done Lucas Page: <<   < prev  50 51 [52] 53 54   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI