Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Pretty weak

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews >> RE: Pretty weak Page: <<   < prev  48 49 [50] 51 52   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Pretty weak - 20/3/2009 10:59:58 AM   
Gamba

This film was a disappointment. It wasn't truly terrible but it just doesn't have the magic of the previous films. And the character of Indy has lost some of his depth. It was like some sort of light-hearted tribute - the love just isn't there.

A fun movie but for Indy lovers I don't think this will satisfy.

Sometimes I look up and think, "Why is that frisbee getting bigger?"....

.... and then it hits me...

(in reply to discodave101)
Post #: 1471
RE: Indiana Jones And The Kingdom Of The Crystal Skull - 28/4/2009 6:16:35 PM   
Mason Verger

Tuesday, April 28th, 8:00pm
Five
Legend of The Crystal Skulls: Revealed
Historical documentary investigating the origins of the world-famous crystal skulls. Since the 19th century, a number of lifelike quartz skulls have been discovered and displayed in museums. These relics, allegedly dating from Aztec and Mayan civilisations, are believed to have psychic powers. But are they geniune artefacts or elaborate fakes? Now, for the first time ever, scientists are given access to the most famous skull of all, the so-called 'Skull of Doom'.

Mind like parachute - only function when open.

Be excellent to each other.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 1472
RE: Indy and Crystal Skull - 29/4/2009 6:25:12 PM   
popcornadict

I really don't see why everyone has such a problem with this movie? Its funny, fun and fast paced. Since when was the Arc of the Covenant more realistic than aliens or 'Inter-dimensional Beings'? This movie was pure entertainment, there was great chemistry and a welcome sense of tongue in cheek. Fair enough if it seems immature or lacking in comparason to the first three movies, the worlds changed since then, and hopefully so have you. In my opinion this was the best movie of last year, not perfect but lacking in the pretention and growling of The Dark Knight and the horrificly unlikeable characters of Sex and the City. Indiana Jones and The Kingdom of the Crystal Skull was pure cinema, a popcorn flick... which I was entertained by in a cinema, popcorn in hand.

I am a globe trotting, cinema going, popcorn addict and... well that sums it up really.

(in reply to Sphinx)
Post #: 1473
RE: - 1/5/2009 6:15:00 AM   
Globed

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dowe2

Has anyone actually seen the film?

Yes it sucked

(in reply to Dowe2)
Post #: 1474
RE: RE: - 12/5/2009 10:25:33 PM   
wgamador

So I patiently waited to finally watch this and even ignored any reviews or synopsis of the film.....

I watched Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skull last night on Blu-ray and usually if a movie sucks, at least it looks good in HD.
But this piece of shit movie isnt even saved by the HD transfer, quite simply because the movie sucks! Hoy shit! I had my head in my hands at every other scene. Allow to point out some of the suckages....

1. Harrison Ford is too old to convince anyone he can actually run and fight like is portrayed in the film and the only crystal thing he should be chasing is the lipitor bottle and some enemas.

2. Could they have hired a REAL set designer, I mean, every shot where you dont see the sky, looks like they are indoors, the entire film shouts filmed on-set in a studio. It seriously took away from the fantasy.

3. Whats up with the dialogue and the timing the lines are delivered? I mean come on now. Are they serious ?

4. The quick-sand and snake scene was the most ludicrous, stupidest, moronic, unrealistic, over-the-top and add the dialogue in that scene and i bet slamming my dick in a car door would have been less painful to experience. "It's a Rope!!!" How fucking stupid was that line.

okay, back to Indiana Jones and the Crystal Turd.......

The stunt scenes are so over the tiop that they arent even credible.
As an aspiring screenwriter, it pains me that studios rather make this kind of shit than solid films and even worst is that some folks will say "This was a really good movie."
I know a movie is supposed to be fake but it has to be at least realistic., like all the previous Indiana Jones films. I love those other three films, this one is aweful.

The siafu ant scene was a joke, Siafu ants, while they are aggressive, they wouldnt eat flesh that fast. You would need at least 50 million ants all eating at the asame time and any decent entymologist knows that a Siafu nest usually consists of 20 million ants at most. Plus one of my scripts is a zombie outbreak story and I use the Siafu as a weapon against teh zombies and I came up with that 3 years ago. LOL. Fuckers stole my idea....but i laugh, their attempt totally sucked!!

As soon as "Marion" is introduced the film begins to seriously "circle the drain" !!

How about the jungle scene where Indy, Mutt and Marion escape the nazis and the character Mutt literally swings through the jungle like fucking TAR-fucking-ZAN and catches up to the truck with Indy and Marion, who by the way are his parents. That whole dynamic felt awkward.

Next to 88 Minutes.......this is the worst film ive seen in some time.
Trust me I watch everything (except Musicals) and for me to rant about a franchise that I really like, is saying a whole lot. Indy JOnes and Crystal Skull is sooo bad, its good....i mean you should watch it so you can laugh at it.

What a serious piece of shit!!!!! I lost total respect for Speilberg.

"And as he, who with laboring breath has escaped from the deep
to the shore, turns to the perilous waters and gazes..."

(in reply to Globed)
Post #: 1475
RE: Indy and Crystal Skull - 12/5/2009 10:40:54 PM   
wgamador

quote:

ORIGINAL: popcornadict

I really don't see why everyone has such a problem with this movie? Its funny, fun and fast paced. Since when was the Arc of the Covenant more realistic than aliens or 'Inter-dimensional Beings'? This movie was pure entertainment, there was great chemistry and a welcome sense of tongue in cheek. Fair enough if it seems immature or lacking in comparason to the first three movies, the worlds changed since then, and hopefully so have you. In my opinion this was the best movie of last year, not perfect but lacking in the pretention and growling of The Dark Knight and the horrificly unlikeable characters of Sex and the City. Indiana Jones and The Kingdom of the Crystal Skull was pure cinema, a popcorn flick... which I was entertained by in a cinema, popcorn in hand.

Tongue in cheek???.......lets see, using an anaconda that just happened to be a few feet away just waiting to be used like a god damn tug-o-war rope!!!!!!
Mutt flying through the jungle on vines like he was Tarzan or a trapeeze. 

Indy Jones better film than The Dark Knight ?

While I usually respect everyone's individual opinion, I think you are out of your mind.

I watched Indy Jones and the Crystal Turd last night and I wish I watched it with someone else, so i could turn around and say to them.....can you believe what they produced?

I have no issue with anyone liking this movie, I have an issue with people saying its better than anything else that was released in 2008.

< Message edited by wgamador -- 12/5/2009 10:51:26 PM >

(in reply to popcornadict)
Post #: 1476
RE: Indy and Crystal Skull - 13/5/2009 3:19:21 PM   
wgamador

quote:

ORIGINAL: CreepyThinMan

Jesus…..mother……fucking…..Christ that was soul crushingly awful. There was nothing, I repeat, NOTHING of any merit to this bloated, under written, badly acted, slapdash piece of steaming fucking maggot shit.

This is The Phantom Menace of Indiana Jones movies.  The scripting was a fucking mess, firstly because David Koepp is an inept fucking tool, who's work is nothing but surface level gloss, like the sheen of a fresh piece of shit in the desert sun. But then it doesn't help when the script was cobbled together, from half a dozen drafts by other, better writers. Then there's the FACT that they realized that they didn't even have a workable script and just made it up as they went along.

When you think the acting couldn't be any worse then Last Crusade, future generations will need to invent another, more powerful word for "shit” when they describe the "acting” in this movie which is so fucking bad that after I walked out of the theatre a crack whore said she'd "suck my cock for $20” and it sounded like fucking Shakespeare compared to the line reading's of this group of overpaid retarded fucking monkey's.

All of the leads we're so motherfucking rancid that I wanted to smash their fucking skulls in with the back end of a claw hammer. Ford looked like he was reading off cue cards during a Saturday Night Live rehearsal while Karen Allen seemed to be more interested in getting back to the bingo hall. Shia LaBouff has worn out his welcome. Hopefully Bumblebee will drop a giant metallic shit on him in the first 5 minutes of Transformers 2 to spare us of this fucking ass clown. Not only did Cate Blanchett's accent sound like a fucking moose farting but she seemed like she was auditioning for a remake of Ilsa : She Wolf of the SS, which is funny because I wanted to cut Spielberg's balls off and piss on George Lucas for making this cash grab. Jim Broadbent, Ray Winston and John Hurt's characters could have been completely written out and you wouldn't have even noticed that they we're missing since they added NOTHING that impacted the movie in any way that Indy couldn't have done or found out himself.

No drama, no suspense, no threat, no entertainment of any value is to be found in this soulless fucking piece of shit that it reeked more then a fucking concentration camp in the summer heat. Even the special effect's we're so shit that I have to wonder what the FUCK is going on at I.L.M. I don't have a problem with C.G.I. but when the C.G.I. is so badly rendered it makes me fucking sick at the thought of how much this shit cost. Almost everything was badly rendered, the car chase/sword fight had some of the worst C.G.I. rendering, matting and artificial lighting that I can remember seeing in at least five years. No one looked like they we're actually in whatever environment they we're supposed to be in and it didn't help that Janusz Kaminski's cinematography was nothing but hazing lighting/soft focus shit. A fucking blind man could have lit this movie better.

After the prequels, I've came to expect nothing but this level of shit from that fucking turkey neck money grubbing fat pussyface Lucas but this is the most lazy fucking shit I have EVER seen out of Spielberg and I thought it couldn't get any worse after The Lost World. Was he even paying attention to how shitty everything was or was he too busy polishing his Oscars and counting his money in between yelling "Action” and "Cut”? Every scene was so badly shot, framed and cut that I thought $pielberg was channeling Ed Wood while making this.  

This movie is a cocksucking disgrace. Everyone involved with it should hang their heads in shame for spraying diarrhea in my fucking eyes for a movie that seemed to go on for FUCKING EVER and my only worry is that there is no Hell for all of these people to burn in for eternity!!!FUCK!!!

Oh and I wrangled the crack whore down to $15, I'm not rich because I never repackaged old serials, bits and piece's of movies and made billions of dollars!!!

Amen!  Can I get a hallelujah.
I could not believe this was a Spielberg film. Now you tell me some small outfit or minor studio was behind this, then I could let all the MAJOR flaws go, but I can't.   These are experienced filmmakers and there is no excuse for this type of mess.

< Message edited by wgamador -- 13/5/2009 3:20:21 PM >

(in reply to wgamador)
Post #: 1477
Indiana Jones and the kingdom of the crystal skull - 22/5/2009 11:02:48 PM   
JJB888

Agree or Disagree with me at your own accord but I loved this film and I have to say that I had a superb time watching this film. Fair enough the plot probably could of been better and the ending was very risky but since when has Indiana Jones been completely realistic? I mean a centuries old Grail Knight, The melting faces and the impossible situations have occured throughout the series. Lets be honest if any of the movies were completely realistic, the series would have been robbed of classic moments that led to its worldwide acclaim and success. I found the locations to be as energetic as in the originals the score was still impactful and the cast brilliant. However more than anything else Ford has shown that he can still cut the mustard and his age did not put me off at all. So yes the film has and always willl split audiences but I enjoyed this film and think it delivered on many levels. Even if you were dissapointed, you can't say it was not great to have Jonws back.

Post #: 1478
- 25/5/2009 8:28:09 AM   
yamikuro

I hated the ending, I'd rather have Nazi people. They shouldn't have made this movie if it is this bad...

Post #: 1479
RE: Indiana Jones and the kingdom of the crystal skull - 30/5/2009 12:59:23 PM   
hatebox

The first act was enjoyable in a stupid way, then the plot shifts into neutral around the middle and never recovers. The action in the last 45 minutes is terrible because you never really worry about Indy et al - there's no sense of danger or suspense and ultimately you're left with the worst kind of action movie... a dull one.

Even in years to come this will be seen as a poor film, and so it should be.

(in reply to JJB888)
Post #: 1480
RE: Indiana Jones and the kingdom of the crystal skull - 30/5/2009 12:59:57 PM   
hatebox

The first act was enjoyable in a stupid way, then the plot shifts into neutral around the middle and never recovers. The action in the last 45 minutes is terrible because you never really worry about Indy et al - there's no sense of danger or suspense and ultimately you're left with the worst kind of action movie... a dull one.

Even in years to come this will be seen as a poor film, and so it should be.

(in reply to JJB888)
Post #: 1481
RE: Indiana Jones and the kingdom of the crystal skull - 5/6/2009 11:00:39 AM   
fierce-hairdo

4 out of 5 stars???
No really, 4 out of 5 stars????
You people are a joke.
Rubbish.

(in reply to hatebox)
Post #: 1482
RE: Indiana Jones and the kingdom of the crystal skull - 5/6/2009 2:08:55 PM   
grucl

Damn, we forgot to celebrate the first anniversary of  "Indy IV is crap and so is Empire!" a.k.a. the Indiana Jones and the kingdom of the crystal skull review thread!

(in reply to fierce-hairdo)
Post #: 1483
RE: Indiana Jones and the kingdom of the crystal skull - 5/6/2009 6:50:18 PM   
rich

A year later and it still hurts my brain that it was so bad.

Meanwhile...

(in reply to grucl)
Post #: 1484
- 6/6/2009 8:34:29 PM   
midnightrambler1

I knew this film was gonna be terrible as soon as the cgi gopher popped out of the ground at the beginning, then it got worse, much worse. Words cant explain how disappointed i was after leaving the cinema. Indiana Jones is still only a trilogy in my eyes, this mess doesn't count.

Post #: 1485
RE: RE: - 27/6/2009 5:58:19 AM   
deadeye

The film was fucking awful...it should have been named indiana jones and the crystal zimmer. i haven't a film this bad since little nicky. and thats saying something.
Post #: 1486
RE: RE: - 27/6/2009 10:15:59 AM   
juanvasquez

I watched this again yesterday on Blu-ray as well as it looking gorgeous, I really enjoyed. Yeah it's not as good as the other 3 but I still think it's very entertaining. And Mutt Williams is a great character!

Check out my cult games reviews and features at Horror Cult Films

(in reply to deadeye)
Post #: 1487
RE: RE: - 1/7/2009 9:44:21 AM   
goldleader

I have to agree that this film gets better with a second viewing.  I think Indy films lend themselfs very well to been watched at home, yes it isn't better than on the big screen but some how it just works better for me to watch them at hoem than on the big screen.  Its the only film that does that for me.  As others have mentioned its a solid film with a few little silly moments that can be ignored.

As for talk about a 5th film I doubt very much that Spielberg would make another.  He always stated that the 4th was for the fans and with all the negative feedback the film got i have a feeling that Spielberg will now leave it to rest, also he has a busy schedule up coming and to be honest i would sooner see him make Lincoln and Interstellar first, but that would mean that Indy 5 would be about 3 or 4 years away which would mean Harrison would be even older.  I would love to see another film but would be happy if it wasn't made as i think Spielbergs talent can be used else were to better effect instead of making sequels.  And i would not be happy with a different direct, this is a no no for me.

(in reply to juanvasquez)
Post #: 1488
RE: RE: - 1/7/2009 9:45:36 AM   
goldleader

I have to agree that this film gets better with a second viewing.  I think Indy films lend themselfs very well to been watched at home, yes it isn't better than on the big screen but some how it just works better for me to watch them at hoem than on the big screen.  Its the only film that does that for me.  As others have mentioned its a solid film with a few little silly moments that can be ignored.

As for talk about a 5th film I doubt very much that Spielberg would make another.  He always stated that the 4th was for the fans and with all the negative feedback the film got i have a feeling that Spielberg will now leave it to rest, also he has a busy schedule up coming and to be honest i would sooner see him make Lincoln and Interstellar first, but that would mean that Indy 5 would be about 3 or 4 years away which would mean Harrison would be even older.  I would love to see another film but would be happy if it wasn't made as i think Spielbergs talent can be used else were to better effect instead of making sequels.  And i would not be happy with a different direct, this is a no no for me.

Post #: 1489
RE: RE: - 1/7/2009 9:46:29 AM   
goldleader

Post #: 1490
Four stars? Who's paying Empire?!!!! - 7/7/2009 5:33:06 AM   
Franciscus

Shite. Nuff said.

Post #: 1491
worst movie ever made - 20/7/2009 7:53:26 PM   
moomania

worst movie ever made.i had to give a star but given the choice i wouldn't even given it one. Spielberg and Lucas totally raped Indy on this one. Im sorry Steven I am big fan of your old films, but with this and your other recent films such as 'war of the worlds', 'munich', and 'the terminal' you are turning to be one of the biggest has been ever.

Post #: 1492
- 8/9/2009 10:28:07 PM   
S1lent B0b

They had a truly great Indy flick then leave it to Lucas to mess it up

Post #: 1493
- 18/9/2009 7:50:10 PM   
FanaticalAboutFilm

This movie is SO AWFULLY BAD!!!! How can someone invent such a crap story?!!?!? Plus: the already over 60 year-old Harrison Ford is nothing but pathetic ...Awful!!

Post #: 1494
What went wrong? - 9/1/2010 1:53:33 PM   
Francis46

I've seen this movie twice now and I really tried hard to like it, I really did. But I didn't and I remain shaking my head about it still now. Everybody obviously wanted this to be a triumphant return but the bottom line here is that this movie isn't it. Oh well, I'll try to forget about it and just stick to the original trilogy.

Post #: 1495
Doesnt piss on the original trilogy. - 1/2/2010 8:56:43 PM   
paulandnic14

Come on now, we all knew it wouldnt be as good as the first 3 but thats not to say its a bad film, its actually a very good film and all involved are clearly having a great time, ford can still hold his own as an action star and while there are admitidly dips in quality (not seen in the first 3) its still got the indy ideals at heart. I wasnt old enough to see the originals in cinema (wasnt actually born for the first 2) so just hearing that music for the 1st time and hearing that whip crack on the big screen made it worth the admission fee alone.

Post #: 1496
Fans of the trilogy will love this - 7/4/2010 5:17:49 PM   
djphilips

While the new Indiana Jones is probably not as good as I am making it out to be (two rather far-fecthed set pieces come to mind), I will have to close an eye as it is the most fun I have had in a long time; probably since watching The Last Crusade on DVD. Harrison Ford is once again brilliant and Shia LaBeouf is an interesting addition to the cast.
The unusual storyline is a treat to viewers such as myself who appreciate 1940-1990s American lore (some of you will undoubtedly smile). Most importantly, Spielberg manages to keep track of the film and instill the feel of the last three ones, and therefore Crystal Skull feels like an actual, valuable part of the Indiana Jones series.

Post #: 1497
The only Indiana Jones I like - 11/4/2010 12:55:40 AM   
monkeyhumour

I'm sure I'm absolutely dead alone on this attitude.

But that's just the way it is

Post #: 1498
This film is terrible! - 20/4/2010 7:41:11 PM  1 votes
Shambino

Four stars empire is that a joke? you gave last crusade four stars as well now that is just sick, Dont watch this movie if your like me and grew up watching Indy film's because this movie rapes your childhood, people tend to go easy on this film and say there are a few silly bits in it but Shia LaPoof swinging on vines with a gang of monkey's {who happen to hate Russians} and catching up to jeep's going 50mph is not "a bit silly" IT'S FUCKNG RETARDED!, and so is Indy surviving a nuclear explosion by HIDING IN A FRIDGE!!. Seriously though i didn't mind this film up until Lapoof turned up and tried to outperform Ford {whose farts have more charisma and presence than this worm} and failing. As for the plot it's just plain daft something about magnetic alien heads and Russian's, whatever was wrong with religous artifact's and Nazi's?. I give this film two stars which is extremely generous, simply because it reminded me of how good the original trilogy is.

Post #: 1499
- 23/4/2010 2:46:52 PM   
strangeone

See the South park episode "The China probrem" and it pretty much sums up how i feel about this steaming pile.

Post #: 1500
Page:   <<   < prev  48 49 [50] 51 52   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews >> RE: Pretty weak Page: <<   < prev  48 49 [50] 51 52   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI