Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: scootster says

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews >> RE: scootster says Page: <<   < prev  47 48 [49] 50 51   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: scootster says - 25/11/2008 5:23:47 PM   
captainrentboy

I watched it on DVD last night, and enjoyed it faaaar more than I did when I originally caught it at the cinema.
The comfort of being at home, coupled with prior knowledge that it isn't going to be the greatest film ever must've helped somewhat.
Also when I saw at the cinema I had watched the other three Indy flicks the day before, something I don't recommend as it really hammered home the fact that the new one is no where near as good as the oldies.

(in reply to blackduck)
Post #: 1441
RE: scootster says - 25/11/2008 5:24:24 PM   
captainrentboy

I watched it on DVD last night, and enjoyed it faaaar more than I did when I originally caught it at the cinema.
The comfort of being at home, coupled with prior knowledge that it isn't going to be the greatest film ever must've helped somewhat.
Also when I saw at the cinema I had watched the other three Indy flicks the day before, something I don't recommend as it really hammered home the fact that the new one is no where near as good as the oldies.

(in reply to blackduck)
Post #: 1442
Indy and Crystal Skull - 29/11/2008 3:00:05 PM   
lynnshep

Fun, but not a classic. Still better than Temple of Doom

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 1443
RE: Indy and Crystal Skull - 1/12/2008 2:05:04 PM   
Guchmeister

You didn't like it did you? 
Post #: 1444
RE: Indy and Crystal Skull - 2/12/2008 12:38:54 AM   
Peppermint_Nightmare

Yeah...I never expected this to be awesome, I mean, how could it live up to the hype...but my god, its awful. It doesn't matter if you compare it to the original three or not, its just unpleasant to watch. I found it pretty depressing to watch Harrison Ford's uncomfortable performance along, with Shia LaBouff's epic failure, ruin one of my all time favourite trilogies. But the performances aren't all to blame really. The script was empty of the charm and humour that made the originals so great while the complete CGI overkill made it so the film lost the feeling of the old films.

The fridge bit was ridiculous while countless other moments such as Shia LaBouff now infamous jungle scene and just the general ending, made you want to leave.

The only positive thing to come from the movie is that instead of tainting the original trilogy with its all round bullshit, it reminds you of what was so great about the Indiana Jones films in the first place. But seriously....how did they get it so wrong?!?!?!

(in reply to Guchmeister)
Post #: 1445
RE: RE: - 2/12/2008 2:11:57 PM   
Geldart

i've said it before and i'll say it again...
george lucas is bonkers. he seems to want to shit all over his creations. why?
Post #: 1446
A welcome return from Indy - 2/12/2008 4:57:48 PM   
Ben Lee

OK, I'll admit that there are a few corny moments in this escape with Indiana Jones. I'll also admit that the film isn't flawless, But it still doesn't deserve the flak that it has been receiving from the public. It is exciting, fun, brilliantly acted and made with energy and commitment by a great cast and crew.

Post #: 1447
RE: Indy and Crystal Skull - 2/12/2008 5:28:35 PM   
richCie

quote:

ORIGINAL: CreepyThinMan

Jesus…..mother……fucking…..Christ that was soul crushingly awful. There was nothing, I repeat, NOTHING of any merit to this bloated, under written, badly acted, slapdash piece of steaming fucking maggot shit.

This is The Phantom Menace of Indiana Jones movies.  The scripting was a fucking mess, firstly because David Koepp is an inept fucking tool, who’s work is nothing but surface level gloss, like the sheen of a fresh piece of shit in the desert sun. But then it doesn’t help when the script was cobbled together, from half a dozen drafts by other, better writers. Then there’s the FACT that they realized that they didn’t even have a workable script and just made it up as they went along.

When you think the acting couldn’t be any worse then Last Crusade, future generations will need to invent another, more powerful word for “shit” when they describe the “acting” in this movie which is so fucking bad that after I walked out of the theatre a crack whore said she’d “suck my cock for $20” and it sounded like fucking Shakespeare compared to the line reading’s of this group of overpaid retarded fucking monkey’s.

All of the leads we’re so motherfucking rancid that I wanted to smash their fucking skulls in with the back end of a claw hammer. Ford looked like he was reading off cue cards during a Saturday Night Live rehearsal while Karen Allen seemed to be more interested in getting back to the bingo hall. Shia LaBouff has worn out his welcome. Hopefully Bumblebee will drop a giant metallic shit on him in the first 5 minutes of Transformers 2 to spare us of this fucking ass clown. Not only did Cate Blanchett’s accent sound like a fucking moose farting but she seemed like she was auditioning for a remake of Ilsa : She Wolf of the SS, which is funny because I wanted to cut Spielberg’s balls off and piss on George Lucas for making this cash grab. Jim Broadbent, Ray Winston and John Hurt’s characters could have been completely written out and you wouldn’t have even noticed that they we’re missing since they added NOTHING that impacted the movie in any way that Indy couldn’t have done or found out himself.

No drama, no suspense, no threat, no entertainment of any value is to be found in this soulless fucking piece of shit that it reeked more then a fucking concentration camp in the summer heat. Even the special effect’s we’re so shit that I have to wonder what the FUCK is going on at I.L.M. I don’t have a problem with C.G.I. but when the C.G.I. is so badly rendered it makes me fucking sick at the thought of how much this shit cost. Almost everything was badly rendered, the car chase/sword fight had some of the worst C.G.I. rendering, matting and artificial lighting that I can remember seeing in at least five years. No one looked like they we’re actually in whatever environment they we’re supposed to be in and it didn’t help that Janusz Kaminski’s cinematography was nothing but hazing lighting/soft focus shit. A fucking blind man could have lit this movie better.

After the prequels, I’ve came to expect nothing but this level of shit from that fucking turkey neck money grubbing fat pussyface Lucas but this is the most lazy fucking shit I have EVER seen out of Spielberg and I thought it couldn’t get any worse after The Lost World. Was he even paying attention to how shitty everything was or was he too busy polishing his Oscars and counting his money in between yelling “Action” and “Cut”? Every scene was so badly shot, framed and cut that I thought $pielberg was channeling Ed Wood while making this.  

This movie is a cocksucking disgrace. Everyone involved with it should hang their heads in shame for spraying diarrhea in my fucking eyes for a movie that seemed to go on for FUCKING EVER and my only worry is that there is no Hell for all of these people to burn in for eternity!!!FUCK!!!

Oh and I wrangled the crack whore down to $15, I'm not rich because I never repackaged old serials, bits and piece's of movies and made billions of dollars!!!

ooh look!
Godwin's Law!!!
quick everyone come and have a look.

i mean i hated this film but i still wouldnt right shit like that about it.

A Blog!! http://richcie.wordpress.com//

#5 member of The Wire fan club. PM Dantes Inferno to join.

Post #: 1448
RE: Indy and Crystal Skull - 2/12/2008 5:30:15 PM   
Rgirvan44

And here was I thinking that this thread couldn't get any lower...

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

(in reply to richCie)
Post #: 1449
RE: Indy and Crystal Skull - 2/12/2008 7:37:23 PM   
darthbane

quote:

Jesus…..mother……fucking…..Christ that was soul crushingly awful. There was nothing, I repeat, NOTHING of any merit to this bloated, under written, badly acted, slapdash piece of steaming fucking maggot shit.

This is The Phantom Menace of Indiana Jones movies.  The scripting was a fucking mess, firstly because David Koepp is an inept fucking tool, who's work is nothing but surface level gloss, like the sheen of a fresh piece of shit in the desert sun. But then it doesn't help when the script was cobbled together, from half a dozen drafts by other, better writers. Then there's the FACT that they realized that they didn't even have a workable script and just made it up as they went along.

When you think the acting couldn't be any worse then Last Crusade, future generations will need to invent another, more powerful word for "shit” when they describe the "acting” in this movie which is so fucking bad that after I walked out of the theatre a crack whore said she'd "suck my cock for $20” and it sounded like fucking Shakespeare compared to the line reading's of this group of overpaid retarded fucking monkey's.

All of the leads we're so motherfucking rancid that I wanted to smash their fucking skulls in with the back end of a claw hammer. Ford looked like he was reading off cue cards during a Saturday Night Live rehearsal while Karen Allen seemed to be more interested in getting back to the bingo hall. Shia LaBouff has worn out his welcome. Hopefully Bumblebee will drop a giant metallic shit on him in the first 5 minutes of Transformers 2 to spare us of this fucking ass clown. Not only did Cate Blanchett's accent sound like a fucking moose farting but she seemed like she was auditioning for a remake of Ilsa : She Wolf of the SS, which is funny because I wanted to cut Spielberg's balls off and piss on George Lucas for making this cash grab. Jim Broadbent, Ray Winston and John Hurt's characters could have been completely written out and you wouldn't have even noticed that they we're missing since they added NOTHING that impacted the movie in any way that Indy couldn't have done or found out himself.

No drama, no suspense, no threat, no entertainment of any value is to be found in this soulless fucking piece of shit that it reeked more then a fucking concentration camp in the summer heat. Even the special effect's we're so shit that I have to wonder what the FUCK is going on at I.L.M. I don't have a problem with C.G.I. but when the C.G.I. is so badly rendered it makes me fucking sick at the thought of how much this shit cost. Almost everything was badly rendered, the car chase/sword fight had some of the worst C.G.I. rendering, matting and artificial lighting that I can remember seeing in at least five years. No one looked like they we're actually in whatever environment they we're supposed to be in and it didn't help that Janusz Kaminski's cinematography was nothing but hazing lighting/soft focus shit. A fucking blind man could have lit this movie better.

After the prequels, I've came to expect nothing but this level of shit from that fucking turkey neck money grubbing fat pussyface Lucas but this is the most lazy fucking shit I have EVER seen out of Spielberg and I thought it couldn't get any worse after The Lost World. Was he even paying attention to how shitty everything was or was he too busy polishing his Oscars and counting his money in between yelling "Action” and "Cut”? Every scene was so badly shot, framed and cut that I thought $pielberg was channeling Ed Wood while making this.  

This movie is a cocksucking disgrace. Everyone involved with it should hang their heads in shame for spraying diarrhea in my fucking eyes for a movie that seemed to go on for FUCKING EVER and my only worry is that there is no Hell for all of these people to burn in for eternity!!!FUCK!!!

Oh and I wrangled the crack whore down to $15, I'm not rich because I never repackaged old serials, bits and piece's of movies and made billions of dollars!!!

Oh my.... Is this what people have come to.
It does make me a little bit sad

"You're not safe here. No one is" Batman - Arkham City

http://www.invelos.com/dvdcollection.aspx/darthbane
Post #: 1450
RE: Indy and Crystal Skull - 2/12/2008 8:02:42 PM   
middleburn

quote:

This is The Phantom Menace of Indiana Jones movies.  The scripting was a fucking mess, firstly because David Koepp is an inept fucking tool, who's work is nothing but surface level gloss, like the sheen of a fresh piece of shit in the desert sun. But then it doesn't help when the script was cobbled together, from half a dozen drafts by other, better writers. Then there's the FACT that they realized that they didn't even have a workable script and just made it up as they went along.

When you think the acting couldn't be any worse then Last Crusade, future generations will need to invent another, more powerful word for "shit” when they describe the "acting” in this movie which is so fucking bad that after I walked out of the theatre a crack whore said she'd "suck my cock for $20” and it sounded like fucking Shakespeare compared to the line reading's of this group of overpaid retarded fucking monkey's.

All of the leads we're so motherfucking rancid that I wanted to smash their fucking skulls in with the back end of a claw hammer. Ford looked like he was reading off cue cards during a Saturday Night Live rehearsal while Karen Allen seemed to be more interested in getting back to the bingo hall. Shia LaBouff has worn out his welcome. Hopefully Bumblebee will drop a giant metallic shit on him in the first 5 minutes of Transformers 2 to spare us of this fucking ass clown. Not only did Cate Blanchett's accent sound like a fucking moose farting but she seemed like she was auditioning for a remake of Ilsa : She Wolf of the SS, which is funny because I wanted to cut Spielberg's balls off and piss on George Lucas for making this cash grab. Jim Broadbent, Ray Winston and John Hurt's characters could have been completely written out and you wouldn't have even noticed that they we're missing since they added NOTHING that impacted the movie in any way that Indy couldn't have done or found out himself.

No drama, no suspense, no threat, no entertainment of any value is to be found in this soulless fucking piece of shit that it reeked more then a fucking concentration camp in the summer heat. Even the special effect's we're so shit that I have to wonder what the FUCK is going on at I.L.M. I don't have a problem with C.G.I. but when the C.G.I. is so badly rendered it makes me fucking sick at the thought of how much this shit cost. Almost everything was badly rendered, the car chase/sword fight had some of the worst C.G.I. rendering, matting and artificial lighting that I can remember seeing in at least five years. No one looked like they we're actually in whatever environment they we're supposed to be in and it didn't help that Janusz Kaminski's cinematography was nothing but hazing lighting/soft focus shit. A fucking blind man could have lit this movie better.

After the prequels, I've came to expect nothing but this level of shit from that fucking turkey neck money grubbing fat pussyface Lucas but this is the most lazy fucking shit I have EVER seen out of Spielberg and I thought it couldn't get any worse after The Lost World. Was he even paying attention to how shitty everything was or was he too busy polishing his Oscars and counting his money in between yelling "Action” and "Cut”? Every scene was so badly shot, framed and cut that I thought $pielberg was channeling Ed Wood while making this.  

So...about average then?

You remember the South Park episode where everyone couldn't stop swearing and ended up puking out their intestines? This guy just finished.

I thought it was pretty good.

Well...that was fun
Post #: 1451
RE: Indy and Crystal Skull - 2/12/2008 9:28:33 PM   
Sphinx

quote:

I shouldn't laugh but that was funny to read! I know it's spirit-xrushing but cheers creepy that made me think the first positive thing about it all!

Meet The New Boss...Same As The Old Boss
Post #: 1452
RE: Indy and Crystal Skull - 3/12/2008 10:27:02 AM   
grucl

Looks like the horse isn't dead enough yet!
[image]http://www.johnbridge.com/vbulletin/images/smilies/DeadHorse.gif[/image]

< Message edited by grucl -- 3/12/2008 1:26:20 PM >

(in reply to Sphinx)
Post #: 1453
RE: Indy and Crystal Skull - 3/12/2008 10:27:40 AM   
grucl

Damn forum hickup!

< Message edited by grucl -- 3/12/2008 10:30:21 AM >

(in reply to Sphinx)
Post #: 1454
RE: Indy and Crystal Skull - 3/12/2008 2:58:13 PM   
Fluke Skywalker

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sphinx

quote:

I shouldn't laugh but that was funny to read! I know it's spirit-xrushing but cheers creepy that made me think the first positive thing about it all!

I found it funny as well - good work!

(in reply to Sphinx)
Post #: 1455
rubbish - 13/12/2008 9:15:03 PM   
vinnyjones

this films rubbish, aliens come on what a bad idea, worst ending to a film ever. Bad script, cate blanchett annoying, survive a nuke in a fridge, i dare you to try it ha ha. raiders 10/10, temple 8/10, last crusade 9/10, crystal skull 2/10 and spielbergs worst film.

Post #: 1456
RE: A welcome return from Indy - 16/12/2008 4:57:07 PM   
Mooncalf

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ben Lee

OK, I'll admit that there are a few corny moments in this escape with Indiana Jones. I'll also admit that the film isn't flawless, But it still doesn't deserve the flak that it has been receiving from the public. It is exciting, fun, brilliantly acted and made with energy and commitment by a great cast and crew.

Oh God it does! It deserves to be publicly flogged once a year in all mayor cities in a festival something akin to Bonfire night in an attempt to remind everybody to never let Cinema sink so low again.

Never arrive at a funeral by parachute

Movie Poster Mashers - Need to match a font? Try http://www.dafont.com/

(in reply to Ben Lee)
Post #: 1457
Watched with trepidation - 18/12/2008 8:49:02 PM   
Ryan_D_Bell

The vibes weren't good, so I watched this film with vastly lowered expectations.
I was still shocked at how rubbish it was.
Hate to say it, but I enjoyed 'National Treasure 2' more and that can't be right - can it?

Post #: 1458
Has the world gone mad? - 19/12/2008 5:33:12 PM   
giveitsomepizazz

For a start I love the original three Indie films and I honestly don't think there is anyone cooler than Harrison Ford.
But this film completely destroyed my soul and my entire Indie belief system.
For a start, Shia Lebouf as Indiana's son was the worst casting decision I have ever seen in my life. He is a smarmy, over-acting snot and I honestly can't comprehend the love for lebouf that's swarming over the movie world right now. When the grandfather is James Bond and the father is Han Solo then the son should never be the kid from Even Stevens. I mean come on, even young Indie was cool with the late, great River Pheonix taking the role!
This aside, I enjoyed the movie. I thought Harrison (though obviously a lot older and slower) did a wonderful job and I though that maybe, lebouf aside, that this would be a good movie.
...until the aliens of course. Once the skull hit the horrendous alien body then the film crashed and burned. It was cheesy, cringey and just so ridiculous that even Indiana Jones couldn't pull it off. The utterly awful wedding made me physically blush with embarassment for the film as a whole.
Disagree if you will, it seems that the world has gone mad to think that the Crystal Skull could ever compare to the genius that was temple of doom or the raiders of the lost ark.

Post #: 1459
Has the world gone mad? - 19/12/2008 5:33:15 PM   
giveitsomepizazz

For a start I love the original three Indie films and I honestly don't think there is anyone cooler than Harrison Ford.
But this film completely destroyed my soul and my entire Indie belief system.
For a start, Shia Lebouf as Indiana's son was the worst casting decision I have ever seen in my life. He is a smarmy, over-acting snot and I honestly can't comprehend the love for lebouf that's swarming over the movie world right now. When the grandfather is James Bond and the father is Han Solo then the son should never be the kid from Even Stevens. I mean come on, even young Indie was cool with the late, great River Pheonix taking the role!
This aside, I enjoyed the movie. I thought Harrison (though obviously a lot older and slower) did a wonderful job and I though that maybe, lebouf aside, that this would be a good movie.
...until the aliens of course. Once the skull hit the horrendous alien body then the film crashed and burned. It was cheesy, cringey and just so ridiculous that even Indiana Jones couldn't pull it off. The utterly awful wedding made me physically blush with embarassment for the film as a whole.
Disagree if you will, it seems that the world has gone mad to think that the Crystal Skull could ever compare to the genius that was temple of doom or the raiders of the lost ark.

Post #: 1460
OK up to the alien bit - 20/12/2008 11:17:21 AM   
!xHoTRoDx!

This is another example of one sequel too many. If it ain't broke don't fix it Lucas and Speilberg. There is no tension in this film what so ever because by now i know that every time someone captures indy i know he's going to escape somehow. There are no shocking moments in this film what so ever....well apart from Cate Blanchett's accent, i mean the guy from GTA 4 does a better russain accent than her! To sum up PLEASE NO MORE STEVEN!!!!!

Post #: 1461
RE: OK up to the alien bit - 8/1/2009 11:18:35 AM   
Guchmeister

Perhaps its because I'm getting old and senile, but having caught up with alot of this years big movies on DVD now, I  can honestly say that Indy 4 was my favourite movie of the year. Good old-fashioned family fun.
Post #: 1462
Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull - 20/1/2009 6:00:52 PM   
jncorbett

Very enjoyable, improves with repeat viewings. Don't mind the bit about the aliens as the previous ones were all to do with real historical artefacts with mythical fantasy powers, so it's true to the previous films.

Post #: 1463
RE: Stop blaming Lucas - 22/1/2009 5:25:20 PM   
Worldz

worst movie of the year

(in reply to Tech_Noir)
Post #: 1464
4 stars? are you taking the lucas? - 25/1/2009 10:27:10 AM   
THE DALTONATOR

ok first time i saw this i thought it was the worst out of all the indiana jones films and it still is. I thought it was camp, silly and cheesy and it still is, didnt need the aliens...it didnt and had a bad storyline....it did. on second viewing i thought all of these things again but it was much more entertaining and fun and took me on a roller-coaster ride of silly, cheesy and stupid fun and filled up a portion of a plane journey quite nicely. dont go into it expecting raiders or crusade or even temple because then you will come out disappointed expect cheesy dialogue, completely unrealistic set-pieces and unneeded aliens just accept it for what it is and its fun. still it doesn't disguise the fact that the movie is poor and i find it hard to believe that it took them so long to land on this script and that they had all agreed on this. its an indy film but not like what we know and love decent shot by the boys but it didn't work out and lucas should stop milking his old franchises to death and ruining them and start some new ones because in a summer where we had this and clone wars its safe to say critically it wasn't a good year for lucas.

Post #: 1465
- 25/1/2009 2:46:48 PM   
PureAinmhi

It's not the best Indiana Jones movie in the quadrilogy by far but it is enjoyable nonetheless. The dialogue at times is extremely poor but it's the action that does most of the talking. It's great action sequences which make Indiana Jones what it is. It's a spectacle for the eyes so I never really paid attention to much dialogue in all Indy movies.

The climax in the temple reminds me of 'The Mummy' with the greedy traitor filling his pockets whilst the temple crumbles around him.

I wasn't so sure about the whole re-kindling of a former love. It ruined it for me slightly.

Well worth a watch even if it isn't the best of the four movies.

Post #: 1466
Really? - 3/2/2009 7:11:40 PM   
jnat

Worst film I saw all year...

Post #: 1467
Pretty weak - 3/3/2009 11:22:38 AM   
bobthegrinch

Quality wise this should be part of the national treasure franchise. I wasn't an Indy purist going in but seeing how average the previous films could have been made me appreciate how great they are. The empire review is making excuses for the film. The whole review seems to have been trying to prepare people for dissapointment by saying 'C'mon guys, the old ones were about being fun, so's this. Honest don't take it seriously and it's not too bad'. Thing is the films were never made as serious drama but just because something isn't deadly serious doesn't mean it can't achieve greatness. The original trilogy are as fine an example of blockbuster cinema as you'll find and Crystal Skull is not.

Post #: 1468
RE: Pretty weak - 13/3/2009 7:33:49 AM   
Snake-Eyes

bottom line - Spielberg is a Legend and this film was great.

"When you have to shoot, shoot don't talk."

http://www.expendablespremiere.com/index.html

(in reply to bobthegrinch)
Post #: 1469
RE: Pretty weak - 17/3/2009 10:11:41 AM   
discodave101

quote:

ORIGINAL: Snake-Eyes

bottom line - Spielberg is a Legend and this film was great.

Nope, Spielberg is a Legend but this film was shite.

"Softly softly, catchy monkey"

"I didn't know you spoke spanish"

(in reply to Snake-Eyes)
Post #: 1470
Page:   <<   < prev  47 48 [49] 50 51   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews >> RE: scootster says Page: <<   < prev  47 48 [49] 50 51   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI