Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Could Jonah Hill Be The New Johnny Depp?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Could Jonah Hill Be The New Johnny Depp? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Could Jonah Hill Be The New Johnny Depp? - 14/5/2008 10:38:57 AM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
- 14/5/2008 10:38:57 AM   
Glass3005

"This thing's been fucked since Jump Street!"

...Yeah, that's all I had to say. I'm too young to have seen 21 Jump Street! If 18 is ever too young.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
everybody jump JUMP down on jump street !! - 14/5/2008 1:07:51 PM   
ilikechicken

In response to glass3005's comment, with the arrival of digital tv and sky and endless amounts of channels it is impossible to not see something made before you were born (or aware of it) most of it is rubbish and most of that rubbish is a lot beeter than the stuff today. check out first season of twin peaks...magic show anyway this could be great film i only hope they keep the tv shows theme tune. 80's pop rock to the max.....awesome

Post #: 3
RE: everybody jump JUMP down on jump street !! - 14/5/2008 2:44:10 PM   
Sally_Ragdoll

I hope Jump Street doesn't get the Superbad treatment.
That show was, and still is too cool!

I just don't think it would work in the Superbad fashion.

*The Aerosmith Chick*

(in reply to ilikechicken)
Post #: 4
- 14/5/2008 3:21:05 PM   
clarkkent

this shouldn't be a comedy. It should just be a film of the original. Why does everything have to be turned into a comedy these days?

Post #: 5
RE: - 14/5/2008 3:45:39 PM   
adambatman82

21 jump street is amazing, and way too good to be treated like comic-fodder by these guys. im so bored of the whole apatow thing now, although superbad was rather brilliant. if they do have to remake 21 jump street, they should do it in the style of the wire. now that would be cool.

(in reply to clarkkent)
Post #: 6
Definately better suited for Peter Deluise's Role - 14/5/2008 3:57:50 PM   
Banky

Jonah would definately fit the bill of Doug Penhall more than Depp's Hansen. Either way reckon this could be quite a fun throback film, either way I loved the show when I was younger and would be there to see a big screen version

Post #: 7
RE: - 14/5/2008 4:46:38 PM   
ilikechicken

it has to be a comedy because when they remake these shows they know they are never going to be able to make a serious film version that is as good as the show - miami vice for example some say it is a great mann film which it is but as part of the miami vice canon it just doesnt fit. now if they had done a version of it set in the 80's and reused all that neon it would have felt much more comfortable. Starsky and hutch would not have worked as a serious film the a-team will be terrible as a serious film etc

The tv shows are great because they have a cheesy charm about them when you look at them now. that what works the cheesy charm not the story.

(in reply to clarkkent)
Post #: 8
- 15/5/2008 10:17:17 AM   
Laura T

I am amazed that someone didn't have the idea of a movie version of 21 Jump Street being a vehicle for Zac Efron in Depp's role!!!!! I would cry if that happened. No-one but Depp as Hansen!!!!

Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Could Jonah Hill Be The New Johnny Depp? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI