Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Twilight will shock the critics!!!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> Twilight will shock the critics!!! Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Twilight will shock the critics!!! - 7/11/2008 10:56:13 PM   
crittel

The entire cast of Twilight is extremely talented and beautiful. Not to mention they have Rob Pattinson...the hottest man alive!! Also, I have heard a rumor that if Twilight makes 150 million or above...Summit will greenlight all of the other books to become movies!!! I will be seeing this movie 10 times on opening day, just to be sure. Never underestimate a Twilight fan ;)

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 61
? - 8/11/2008 12:37:34 PM   
sonofjor-el

Target audience being females aged between 13 and 17, think i'll stick to the experts - Cushing, Lee, etc...

Post #: 62
It makes me laugh... - 8/11/2008 8:17:26 PM   
samurai82

...that all these teenage girls are raving about Robert Pattinson being the "hottest guy alive" etc. I bet most of them had never heard of him before "Twilight"...not to mention he's only the "hottest" until the next big thing. Anyone remember how girls used to say the same about Patrick Swayze/Keanu Reeves/Johnny Depp/Heath Ledger etc..? The cast can't act and the whole thing smacks of "The OC" gone Goth... As for the books? They're a fad for teenage girls...not some kind of miracle of literature!

Post #: 63
Meh is all I can say - 12/11/2008 8:44:08 PM   
SillyLittleBlindGirl

The books are fantastic, I've read and loved them for close to three years now, but I'm kind of dreading this film.

It's brought on this ridiculous amount of attention and expectations that aren't going to live up to many people's standards... although it's going to make an absolute bomb, so they'll most likely have the three other novels made into films, too.

As long as they make New Moon decent, I could probably get over this whole thing!

Post #: 64
Twilight Rocks - 13/11/2008 8:30:39 PM   
lucyh15

I honestly cant wait for this film, because now I have read the books, I never want it to end. I hope they don't completely destroy it though, like what they did with northern lights (the golden compass), I was really disappointed with that and I hope they get it right unlike that. its just my personal opinion and all that, but that film was a failure.

Post #: 65
Faithful.... - 16/11/2008 3:36:31 PM   
PinkSquirrel

I'm currently on holiday in the States and Twilight comes out next Friday & i've been exposed to all the hype that's leading up to the theatrical release. I've read some of the movie tie in mags and have seen all the trailers and tv spots & I have no doubt in my mind that the film will be faithful to the book - the author was even on set to help !! I'm gutted that I won't be here to catch the opening of the film, but it comes out on the 19th Dec in the Uk, so i'll definitely be seeing this on opening day back home.

Post #: 66
can't see what the fuss is about - 17/11/2008 7:25:58 PM   
Sentinel11

..the book is awful. As someone said: its Emo O.C. Any film aimed at 13-15 year old girls is not worth my time. Plus...vampires just aren't that cool.

Post #: 67
- 17/11/2008 8:53:15 PM   
crazy_aimee_123

I love the Twilight series, but I am wary about book adaptations. If it turns out anything like The Golden Compass, then I'm not going to be happy. Some fiction should just be left in book format.

Post #: 68
OME - 18/11/2008 11:39:31 PM   
xxxiloveedwardxxx

OMG I LIK COMPLETELY CNT W8!!! ITS SO UNFAIR D WAY I HAV 2 W8 TIL LIK DECEMBER 19TH FOR D FILM DATS SO NOT FAIR!!!

Post #: 69
- 20/11/2008 12:51:37 AM   
Monica Yuri

Oh! these books are perfect! Here, in Brazil, it is a sucess! ^^ Everyone (better, every girl) loved.

Post #: 70
i love the books- - 20/11/2008 2:09:28 PM   
jennhxo

so hopefully the film won't put it to shame
lol
me and my friends can't wait till it comes out
and robert pattinson; phoarrr!
and i heard that summit have already given the green light to new moon
woooo
:)

Post #: 71
IT POCKS! - 27/11/2008 11:40:17 AM   
Alice Dakers

Hi Dudes and Dudets. I cannot wait to see twilight in the cinemas. But one thing i just want to point out ( don't continue reading this if you are still reading the twilight books!)

EDIT: Spoilers

< Message edited by sharkboy -- 6/4/2009 2:04:46 PM >

Post #: 72
IT POCKS! - 27/11/2008 11:40:19 AM   
Alice Dakers

Hi Dudes and Dudets. I cannot wait to see twilight in the cinemas. But one thing i just want to point out ( don't continue reading this if you are still reading the twilight books!)

< Message edited by sharkboy -- 6/4/2009 2:05:06 PM >

Post #: 73
Hi - 3/12/2008 1:07:13 PM   
Alice Dakers

Okay i did not look at my comment right. It was supposed to say it ROCKS. Which it tottaly dose.

Post #: 74
OMJ - 6/12/2008 7:48:30 PM   
jasperluver

l loved the twilight series i thought it covered alot of issues
between edward and bella

Post #: 75
Twilight - 14/12/2008 1:05:43 AM   
kateTMB

Having read the books, i'd say that the film is a severe dissapointment. Although for those out of you out there who haven't read the Twilight series then you're in for a treat.
Some of the acting by Stewart was bland and robotic however on the whole she played her rold resonably well. The chemistry between the two actors only reaches skin deep and some of the special FX were poor, especially the part where Edward is running up the hill.
The film missed out key facts to the story but as with most films based on books they're never as good.
It's well worth a watch, 4/5 stars.

Post #: 76
RE: Twilight will shock the critics!!! - 18/12/2008 11:36:04 AM   
Alice Dakers

All i can say is to all who have seen the film is that all films that are made from books is that thay always are disapointments. Because thaty will always miss out one of your fav bits. So don't go getting your hopes up about New Moon, but its a differnt director so hay, it could be brilliant. Its due out 2010 Its toooo long to wait. Plz comment on this
(alice) Dakers, scottland

(in reply to crittel)
Post #: 77
RE: Twilight will shock the critics!!! - 19/12/2008 11:27:42 AM   
DazDaMan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Alice Dakers

All i can say is to all who have seen the film is that all films that are made from books is that thay always are disapointments. Because thaty will always miss out one of your fav bits.

Oh, I dunno.

Misery
The Shawshank Redemption
Jaws
The Godfather
The Mist
Soldier of Orange

All pretty solid film adaptations of books/novellas.

If anyone so much as mentions how "great" an adaptation Bram Stoker's Dracula was...

You fucking fuckers are gonna do what I say or I'm going to stick my foot so far up your assholes you'll rue the day you crawled out of your mother's twat!

(in reply to Alice Dakers)
Post #: 78
RE: Twilight - 28/12/2008 7:29:43 PM   
britvic

I bought the books about two and half months ago and since then, I read them about three times. They are just too good and finally, some vampires that are different and described with an original point of view.
I have to admit I was one of the lucky ones who saw the movie at Leicester Square at the Premiere and to be honest, I was a bit disappointed at first. Then I listened to the soundtrack and saw the trailer again and again and now, I cant wait to watch that movie again.
And apparently, they already signed up for a number two and three but with a different director but with the same actors and New Moon to be filmed from March 2009. Cant wait for this one now :)

Post #: 79
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> Twilight will shock the critics!!! Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI