Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: WWE

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: WWE Page: <<   < prev  277 278 [279] 280 281   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: WWE - 13/12/2012 7:42:33 PM   
Sledge Hammer

What is everyones thoughts about this article:

This past Monday on WWE Raw, Dolph Ziggler took a bump from the top of a ladder, over the top rope to the floor below.

You'd forgotten about that, hadn't you?

Of all the ridiculous and unnecessary bumps in wrestling since that kind of thing became the norm in the late 90s, the countless Ultimate X style matches that are long forgotten and never drew a penny for anyone, this may have been the most pointless in wrestling history.

It was nothing more than a punchline; the exclamation point on another zany Sheamus joke. There was no reaction to the bump, in fact the only reminder it ever happened was that Ziggler wore a little bandage and Sheamus briefly targeted the leg when they wrestled each other a couple of hours later. That's right: just a couple of hours after taking a bump from the top of a ladder in the ring to the floor, Ziggler wrestled a back-and-forth match. What's more, it was against Sheamus, the man who pushed the ladder over. And it just felt like a normal match. It could have been Alberto Del Rio vs Kofi Kingston or Randy Orton vs Antonio Cesaro or Daniel Bryan vs Wade Barrett or indeed any of the previous Sheamus vs Dolph Ziggler matches we've already witnessed on Raw, Smackdown and pay-per-view. They all blend into each other.

When you are giving so much away, without reflecting on the ramifications of any of it, that's dangerous and short-sighted. When you're giving so much away for three hours every single week, that could lead to a terminal decline.

It's simply unsustainable. Nobody and nothing seems important in WWE any more. We've seen most wrestlers in every possible situation, the main exceptions right now being Ryback and The Shield, though that may only be because they are so new to the scene.

On an episode of Raw a couple of months ago there were five singles matches which featured one former or current world champion against another former or current world champion. Criminally, none of these matches were advertised before the show began, and at no point did anyone act as though it was out of the ordinary. It was just treated as another episode of Raw.

It stops new stars reaching the same level that their predecessors did. When nothing is treated like a big deal, it is defined as not being a big deal. Dolph Ziggler is one of the most promising new wrestlers to come along in years, but already it feels like we've seen him in every possible situation against every possible opponent, at least from the full-time crew. What's more, he seems to have lost far more of those matches than he has won.
The only dream matches that involve Ziggler, or John Cena or CM Punk or anyone else on Raw every week, are matches with part-time and semi-retired wrestlers. That is not a good situation to be in, and there is a direct correlation; if The Undertaker or The Rock or Brock Lesnar or Triple H were on Raw every single week, wrestling and cutting promos and taking big bumps and doing guest commentary week after week after week, with everyone acting as though it's not a big deal, they would be lesser stars too. (continued here - http://v2journal.com/uneconomical-booking.html )

new sports forum - http://www.606v2.com

Check it out!

(in reply to Sledge Hammer)
Post #: 8341
RE: WWE - 16/12/2012 6:58:44 PM   
Sledge Hammer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sledge Hammer

Your question has been answered CM on the podcast which can be found here:

http://v2journal.com/the-v2-wrestling-podcast-11th-december.html

It's beginning to look a lot like podcasts, appearing on the screen...

Poorly thought through introductions aside, this week's podcast is a return to the fantastic three man team of legend, Adam, Gavin and Chris. This week the trio talk TNA Final Resolution, WWE's build up to Tables, Ladders and Chairs, as well as their highlights and disappointments of wrestling in 2012.

The main figures under our keen observation this week are James Storm, Vince McMahon and The Shield as we look at the current rosters of both major wrestling companies in the industry and how these figures play their roles in the current product.

With PPV's just passed and PPV's to come we see how each company is booking its talent and where we think they are heading into 2013. Are we soon to see changes in major title holders of each company, and are the Uso's better than the two tag teams TNA had competing for the belts this Sunday? Spoiler Alert!: The answer is yes.

As ever, we would love your feedback. Our questions to our audience this week:

1. How much better than Chavo and Hernandez are the Usos?
2. Is the Aces and Eights story beyond overextended?
3. Should Jeff Hardy be TNA Champion?
4. Who will emerge victorious in WWE's three main events of TLC?
5. Has Gavin finally turned heel after his disgraceful actions at the show's finale?

This podcast needs a wider audience and that means you can help - make sure to spread the word about us on Twitter and Facebook.

http://v2journal.com/the-v2-wrestling-podcast-11th-december.html

Also Competition time:

This week we are putting on a competition for you all - the winner will be picked by TNAs Blossom Twins who are on the show next week. Prizes will be revealed on the show (to avoid disappointment).

All you need to do is email wrestling@v2journal.com with your answer to the following:

If you were debuting as a wrestler what would be your entrance song and what would be your finisher be called?

Best answers to be read out and the winner will be chosen by the Blossom Twins next week.

Good luck.

Still got time to get your answers in for the above competition......anyone?

Check it out!

Post #: 8342
RE: WWE - 17/12/2012 10:03:28 PM   
ChickMagnet

Simply put - thank you AJ, you hot crazy piece of loveliness you.

What's the closing date for the comp Sledgy? Also how many people do you think I may be against?

Post #: 8343
RE: WWE - 18/12/2012 1:14:22 AM   
theoriginalcynic

I'm glad to see WWE doing the right thing in 2012. Instead of burying new wrestlers (at first) they're booking them to succeed, in the Shield, Ryback etc... (whether you like them or not.)

TLC has been praised as a great ppv, one of the best of 2012. I haven't seen the matches yet but I know the results.

(in reply to ChickMagnet)
Post #: 8344
RE: WWE - 18/12/2012 1:46:35 AM   
theoriginalcynic

I've seen the TLC match now, it was an excellent match with a nasty fall off the ladder for Rollins. It was scary because part of the table was sticking up - the metal bit. I had an image of it impaling his head

This isn't really PG!

It's funny how things work out. If Punk wasn't injured we'd no doubt have seen an OK match between him and Ryback, and another run in from the Shield which would have done very little for them. Now WWE has three new stars.

< Message edited by theoriginalcynic -- 18/12/2012 1:48:00 AM >

(in reply to theoriginalcynic)
Post #: 8345
RE: WWE - 18/12/2012 7:27:25 AM   
Sledge Hammer

quote:

ORIGINAL: ChickMagnet

Simply put - thank you AJ, you hot crazy piece of loveliness you.

What's the closing date for the comp Sledgy? Also how many people do you think I may be against?

Tonight at 7pm is the closing date - had about 15 entries so far. The Blossom Twins are going to choose the winner.

As for last nights RAW - awful. I can barely watch the show these days it is that bad.

Check it out!

Post #: 8346
RE: WWE - 18/12/2012 1:35:33 PM   
theoriginalcynic

Really? I haven't seen Raw yet but I think it's been very good lately. Some interesting matches and feuds going on. Maybe you're burned out with wrestling atm?

Post #: 8347
RE: WWE - 18/12/2012 10:35:05 PM   
Sledge Hammer

quote:

ORIGINAL: theoriginalcynic

Really? I haven't seen Raw yet but I think it's been very good lately. Some interesting matches and feuds going on. Maybe you're burned out with wrestling atm?

The sad thing is, I really like TNA still!

Anyway, just finished the podcast (back to back with the boxing one was hard work!) and it was the best show yet (IMO)

The Blossom twins were fantastic - full of life and I cant imagine anyone wouldnt like them.
We also did RAW this week and a segment on wrestling effedding (next post after this for the link).
But the highlight, was me doing a Jeff Hardy impression - up there with my Hulk Hogan from a couple of months ago!!!

Check it out!

Post #: 8348
RE: WWE - 18/12/2012 10:35:34 PM   
Sledge Hammer

As the listeners of the podcast will have heard this week, a discussion started about the phenomenon of "efeding".

But what is it and why should you as a wrestling fan be bothered?

Well it all started off in the 80's when role players (before you mock people dressed up as Elves and the like, remember that you still watch wrestling!) would create wrestling characters instead of the other types of roleplaying at that time (such as Dungeons and Dragons etc). Then these characters, along with tactics for that week, would be posted to an adjudicator (or ref if you will) to see who had the best skills and decide a winner. Yes, people used to role play by post!

As time moved on, the process became more slick and people began to play via message boards such as these. In the early days, the way that most of these were run were still based on statistics largely, where the players posted their moves, counters and tactics.

But as with everything, things evolved, as did the real life wrestling product.

As WWE (or WWF if you will) and WCW became more about character than technical ability, so did the e-feds. In fact the WWF had its very own E-fed for a short time.

The real life shows began to be more than just good guy vs bad guy and moved much more towards long term story arcs for the characters involved in feuds. Wrestlers began to tell their stories through [often] scripted promos to the camera, as well as interviews and dramatic scenes (albeit very poorly acted dramatic scenes for the large part!).

And so the e-fed also evolved down this path - instead of stats, the adjudicators (now rebranded as General Managers for game purposes) would look on the strength of the wrestlers character, as well as the strength of the words he was saying. The more depth to the character, led to better promos which in turn led to better results. The role of the GM moved away from looking at stats and became about judging which characters suited each other for a feud and which deserved to be moving up the ranks towards a title.

At this time, the way in which the results and feuds were stated changed too. Instead of merely a win or loss being recorded, whole shows would be written detailing all the plot developments of that weeks show, as well as detailed match write ups.

And some of these shows [and storylines] were often better than anything written/ produced by the televised counterparts (well certainly better than WWE but maybe not TNA!).

And that leads me on the the v2Forum.

As many of you will know, the v2 Forum emerged from the ashes of the BBCs 606 forum. And that is where I learnt and grew to love efeding through the 606s own efed called 6wf. I took part in the fed for over 3 years and made a lot of friends there (some I still talk to!) winning numerous titles along the way. It allowed me to stretch my own creative muscles and gave me an outlet for my literary aspirations.

In fact, some might say that the v2 Forum would not have come into creation if it wasn't for 6wf and for that I am eternally grateful. On the v2 Forum, the 6wf continued to flourish and recently, quite sadly, the GMs of that show decided that they needed a home of their own, which would allow them the freedom to be more edgier with the material and language that they used.

So this left a gap in the v2 Forum but thankfully not for long.

The original 606 also had a smaller efed called 6CW and I am glad to announce that it is being resurrected by some very talented writers who are going to be relaunching the show in January on the v2 forum, which is its new home.

And if you are interested in joining this revolution, then there is no better time than now, as the two GMs are looking for people with a great imagination to join the roster. And don't worry - it is really easy and a lot of fun.

All you need to do is come up with a wrestler and then trash talk against your opponent in an creative and entertaining way - basically catch the eye of the GMs!

If you want more details or want to join, then please either drop me a PM or go to the 6CW section below the wrestling section.

I flourished creatively as a writer on the back of efeding and made a lot of friends. If you are looking for a fun new hobby to release those creative juices, I can thoroughly recommend 6CW.

Thank you for reading and I hope to see some of you join!

http://www.606v2.com/t38607-wrestling-roleplaying-what-do-you-know-about-it

Check it out!

Post #: 8349
RE: WWE - 19/12/2012 3:05:46 PM   
theoriginalcynic

quote:

quote:

Anyway, just finished the podcast (back to back with the boxing one was hard work!) and it was the best show yet (IMO)

The Blossom twins were fantastic - full of life and I cant imagine anyone wouldnt like them.
We also did RAW this week and a segment on wrestling effedding (next post after this for the link).
But the highlight, was me doing a Jeff Hardy impression - up there with my Hulk Hogan from a couple of months ago!!!

This is where we differ, I didn't watch TNA for months. Tuned in the other day and it was awful, poor production values, boring feuds and pretty much same old, same old. They need to tour, the arena is too small, the ring is practically on the crowd. Jeff is champion with some internal monologue nonsense and AJ and Angle remain the best wrestlers, nothing changes.

Post #: 8350
RE: WWE - 19/12/2012 8:23:37 PM   
Sledge Hammer

Podcast up - http://v2journal.com/the-v2-wrestling-podcast-18th-december.html

Good day to one and all. This week the V2 Wrestling Podcast is graced by the presence of two wonderful women as The Blossom Twins join us for part one of the podcast.

We chat to them about the forthcoming TNA British Boot Camp that starts on Challenge TV at 10pm on New Years Day, and see what they have learned and loved about being a part of the show and the experience with TNA.

After the two beautiful ladies departed we moved on to discuss some WWE and were joined by the not so graceful, but almost as delightful, Richard 'Hero' Hudson. Our esteemed guest was as desperate as ever to talk about his favourite wrestling fetish - the looks of Roman Reigns.

Hero stayed with us into part three where we discussed our awards for 2012 in the wrestling world, discussing the ups and downs in WWE and TNA for the companies and their personnel.

We also revealed the winner of last week's competition, with Holly and Hannah being so kind as to pick their favourite of the top three gimmicks we were sent in.

As ever, we would love your feedback. Our questions to our audience this week:

1. Who would you most like to see the Blossom Twins feud with?
2. Who do you want to win TNA's British Boot Camp?
3. Best Match of TLC?
4. What have been your highlights of 2012 in the wrestling world?
5. What are your thoughts on wrestling role playing

If you are interested in wrestling "e-feding" then what better time to join a new game about to start. Details here (Click)

This podcast needs a wider audience and that means you can help - make sure to spread the word about us on Twitter and Facebook.

Check it out!

Post #: 8351
RE: WWE - 30/12/2012 10:56:26 AM   
Sledge Hammer

Just a quick one.

As per the post a few up regarding wrestling role playing, we are looking for a few more people to complete the roster for the new fed thats being set up. Would love to have some of you from here on board.

If its of interest, then please let me know.

Check it out!

Post #: 8352
RE: WWE - 1/1/2013 12:55:56 AM   
ElephantBoy

quote:

quote:

quote:

This is where we differ, I didn't watch TNA for months. Tuned in the other day and it was awful, poor production values, boring feuds and pretty much same old, same old. They need to tour, the arena is too small, the ring is practically on the crowd. Jeff is champion with some internal monologue nonsense and AJ and Angle remain the best wrestlers, nothing changes.

Personally I think TNA have had a better year than WWE, this has been their best year since about 2007 maybe 2006. The sad thing is there are signs that they might return to type every now and then, there is much work to do. Thing about Hardy is that he has been clean for awhile now and by all accounts has started producing some fine performances reminding people of his late run in WWE. If he can keep it up next year he could be a important part of TNA next year.

Post #: 8353
RE: WWE - 1/1/2013 6:36:27 PM   
theoriginalcynic

Hardy is only champion because he was gonna leave for WWE. I think WWE have had a strong year in regards to PPV's.

(in reply to ElephantBoy)
Post #: 8354
RE: WWE - 2/1/2013 10:00:34 AM   
Sledge Hammer

by the way, we did a 2012 Wrestling quiz for anyone who wants to give it a go - http://v2journal.com/2/post/2013/01/wrestling-quiz-2012.html

I came last

Check it out!

Post #: 8355
RE: WWE - 4/1/2013 7:51:57 PM   
Sledge Hammer

New podcast up - how we would book 2013 for TNA and WWE - http://v2journal.com/2/post/2013/01/wrestling-podcast-3rd-jan-2013.html

quote:

A short podcast this week to herald in the new year.

This week, the team is made up of Adam "DAV" Davey, Gavin "the Brain" Duenas and Richard "Hero" Hudson as they look forward to who they want to see pushed, pulled and future endeavoured in 2013 in both TNA and WWE.

And to finish off quite a chaotic show, the three leave you with a bit of fun to ponder over.

As tonight sees the launch of Celebrity Big Brother in the UK, the team pose the question of which wrestlers you would like to see in a all wrestling edition of the show.

As always, feel free to contact the team at wrestling@v2journal.com to let us know your thoughts on this and all the other topics discussed. If you would like to appear on a future show, let us know - we are always pretty lonely and could do with some company.

Also, remember to tell others about this podcast - the more listeners, the more celebs and exclusives we will get. So tweet, facebook and BEBO all about it (is that still something?).

Check it out!

Post #: 8356
RE: WWE - 6/1/2013 9:37:57 PM   
theoriginalcynic

Huge month for WWE. The Rock returns tomorrow with a TLC match (Ryback vs Punk.)

The week after it's the 20th anniversary of Raw in Texas - expect Austin to appear.

Then it's the Royal Rumble!

Post #: 8357
RE: WWE - 7/1/2013 8:28:19 PM   
ChickMagnet

Personal picks for the Rumble:

Show to face Del Rio - Del Rio to win, Ziggler to cash in the case and win the belt.
Rock to beat Punk
Cesaro to beat a randomer to retain
Cena to beat Ziggler in a grudge match
Some crap Divas shite
Rumble:
Piper and Rikishi surprise entrants
Taker to Return
Daniel Bryan to win

WM:
Bryan v Ziggler w/AJ for the WHC
Cena v Rock for the WWE

Post #: 8358
RE: WWE - 7/1/2013 9:25:56 PM   
Sledge Hammer

I can see Punk losing to Rock and then entering the Rumble and winning it.

Check it out!

Post #: 8359
RE: WWE - 8/1/2013 1:35:45 AM   
theoriginalcynic

I don't know, will they give the Rock the belt? He'll have to stick around until Mania then. Plus it will ruin Punk's championship run, and his quest to be the best ever. I can see the Rock putting him over.

If Austin Punk is gonna happen at Mania? Or on the 30th Mania, maybe we'll see those two on the mic next week. Surely WWE isn't gonna let it slide, Punk slagged Austin off a few week's back.

Cena said he was entering the Rumble, I think he's gonna win. I'd expect Jack Swagger to return.

Post #: 8360
RE: WWE - 9/1/2013 1:40:51 PM   
ChickMagnet

Thing is Rock is staying around up to Wrestlemania, and that would be the best way to get Cena/Rock 2 which is clearly what Vince would love to see.

And spoilers for Smackers:

Your New WHC: Albertoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeel Rio!!!!!!!!

< Message edited by ChickMagnet -- 9/1/2013 1:41:07 PM >

Post #: 8361
RE: WWE - 9/1/2013 2:14:52 PM   
theoriginalcynic

That surprises me. I didn't see that coming.

Do we really wanna see the Rock vs Cena again? It's obvious Cena will win, in which case the Rock will leave as a loser - he isn't gonna like that. But if you're right, Cena could win the Rumble to set it up.

Who do you think Taker's opponent will be? Punk would be a good choice if the match with Austin doesn't happen.

< Message edited by theoriginalcynic -- 9/1/2013 7:51:37 PM >

Post #: 8362
RE: WWE - 9/1/2013 6:48:35 PM   
ChickMagnet

quote:

That surprises me. I didn't see that coming.

Do we really wanna see the Rock vs Cena again? It's obvious Cena will win, in which case the Rock will leave as a loser - he isn't gonna like that. But if you're right, Cena could win the Rumble to set it up.

Who do you think Taker's opponent will be? Punk would be a could choice if the match with Austin doesn't happen.

It made huge money though, and we all know Vince loves money. Don't know why but there's a nagging thought in the back of my head says because Cena had a shite year last year he may go 12 months undefeated this year

I'm going with Punk for Taker, out of everyone in the 'E he'd be the best one for it

Post #: 8363
RE: WWE - 9/1/2013 8:29:33 PM   
Sledge Hammer

http://v2journal.com/2/post/2013/01/the-v2-wrestling-podcast-8th-january.html

Latest pdcast - we talk about the Rocks return amongst other things!

quote:

Well hello there.

The whole team is here this week, with Adam, Gavin, Rich and Chris all on show for you lovely chaps and lasses.

In our first real podcast of 2013 we got back to what we're best at, bullying Adam as he defends TNA like a loved one. This lead on to berating WWE for it's failings before realising we were all huge fans of the show this week.

We preview TNA's Genesis PPV at the weekend, discussing the big matches and who we think will win, and why they should. Is Jeff Hardy to keep his belt? Or will contract wrangles halt his title reign? And are we looking at more title changes across the card, with X Division excitement and a new tag team facing Chavo and Hernandez?

And then onto WWE's first Raw on 2013, which pulled no punches. The Rock and CM Punk face off in a war of words that promises so much of a magnificent feud, and the excitement to Royal Rumble builds. But John Cena made weiner jokes, so it was not all good.

Check it out!

Post #: 8364
RE: WWE - 10/1/2013 9:53:14 AM   
Wild about Wilder

Gotta imagine Shows got an injury which might explain his squashing of Kofi in less than a minute on Raw. As for Del Rio can't beleave WWE are going to keep him as a good guy for too long.

Post #: 8365
RE: WWE - 10/1/2013 5:32:57 PM   
ElephantBoy

Rock will be a part of Mania no doubt, but it would be best if he was involved in a special one off attraction bout against someone like Lesnar. Rock/Cena 2 would waste the one off feel of the first match.

I think Ryback will win the Rumble but it is quite possible he will end up winning the world title not the WWE one.

(in reply to Wild about Wilder)
Post #: 8366
RE: WWE - 10/1/2013 8:20:48 PM   
theoriginalcynic

quote:

ORIGINAL: ElephantBoy

I think Ryback will win the Rumble but it is quite possible he will end up winning the world title not the WWE one.

Good call.

Post #: 8367
RE: WWE - 14/1/2013 7:54:36 PM   
theoriginalcynic

We're all forgetting about Lesnar! Will he return and cost the Rock the title? Will he win the Rumble? Or face Taker? It's all up in the air at the moment.

Post #: 8368
RE: WWE - 14/1/2013 8:18:14 PM   
ElephantBoy

quote:

We're all forgetting about Lesnar! Will he return and cost the Rock the title? Will he win the Rumble? Or face Taker? It's all up in the air at the moment.

Lesnar/Taker would work for me, its been long enough since their last meeting, and it does feel like a Wrestlemania calible match.  Maybe either Rock/Brock could work, I suspect Rock will be involved in the title picture somehow through.

Post #: 8369
RE: WWE - 15/1/2013 4:33:16 PM   
theoriginalcynic

What a MAJOR DISAPPOINTMENT WWE Raw 20th Anniversary was. No Austin, no Taker and no HBK. It was just the same as any other Raw albeit with a Rock Punk showdown at the end.

Post #: 8370
Page:   <<   < prev  277 278 [279] 280 281   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: WWE Page: <<   < prev  277 278 [279] 280 281   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI