Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: WWE

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: WWE Page: <<   < prev  276 277 [278] 279 280   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: WWE - 15/11/2012 3:02:10 PM   
theoriginalcynic

And to think Ryback was a contestant on NXT just a little while ago, you never can predict these things.

ON RAW:

Heyman pretended to have a heart attack after Punk mocked Lawler and said he would beat him to death.

(in reply to ElephantBoy)
Post #: 8311
RE: WWE - 15/11/2012 9:03:17 PM   
Sledge Hammer

This weeks podcast:

http://v2journal.com/the-v2-wrestling-podcast-13th-november.html

We also discuss the three faces of Foley, and who our favourite character of his was, as well as looking ahead at Round Two of the 606v2.com Wrestling World Cup, casting our votes on each group and debating the last 12 months of these individual careers.

It's been a busy week for wrestling, with TNA putting on a fine PPV from the Impact Zone, Turning Point. We discuss the results from the night, and the paths of the wrestlers and stories within. (Avoid the TNA section until you have seen the event).

WWE also had their last Raw before Survivor Series, one of the big four PPV's of the year, although we all agree it seems like that fact has long been forgotten by WWE.

As ever, we would love your feedback. Our questions to our audience this week:

1. What was the best match from Turning Point?
2. What now for the loser of the number one contender triple threat?
3. What is your favourite face of Foley?
4. Worst name in wrestling history?

This podcast needs a wider audience and that means you can help - make sure to spread the word about us on Twitter and Facebook.

If you have a question you want answering, email wrestling@v2journal.com

Enjoy!

new sports forum - http://www.606v2.com

Check it out!

(in reply to theoriginalcynic)
Post #: 8312
RE: WWE - 15/11/2012 9:17:22 PM   
Professor Moriarty

I was actually thinking today I need a fix of this podcast. If I had any friends I'd recommend it :-D

Looking forward to your thoughts on Foley. I used to think he was just a talentless bump artist. Hated Dude Love and found Cactus Jack a waste of space and just wished that Mankind would get up out of the corner and wrestle. It was only at the Rock and Sock connection I actually lightened up to him. I admit that was complete nonsense, but it actually did make me like him. Then I maybe got more smart about wrestling and realised how he was putting other wrestlers over. Still thought it was a waste when each character was given an outing in the same King of the Ring.

< Message edited by Professor Moriarty -- 15/11/2012 9:18:31 PM >

(in reply to Sledge Hammer)
Post #: 8313
RE: WWE - 16/11/2012 8:19:42 AM   
Sledge Hammer

Cheer Moriarty! If you ever want something discussed, please let me know.

Check it out!

(in reply to Professor Moriarty)
Post #: 8314
RE: WWE - 16/11/2012 9:37:44 AM   
Professor Moriarty

Thank you for the kind offer, unfortunately I must decline as:
1) I'm just not current at all with wrestling. I mostly just watch the PPVs and then frequently several months after they've taken place.
2) Its scientifically proven that within 2 minutes of being asked about wrestling I will inevitably start to ask "so Tom Billington/The Dynamite Kid vs. Satoru Sayama/Tiger Mask, best bouts ever?".

I guess if it is relevant to a WWE / TNA storyline at some point, having mentioned Foley above I would be interested in the team's take on the best "putting over" job ever. For the record, my pick would be Austin getting a big bump up the superstardom ladder in his match against Bret Hart at WM13. Although Hart didn't lost to Austin, and indeed won by TDQ, I think Stone Cold wearing the mask of red and refusing to tap out to the Sharpshooter (which let's face it, everyone did in seconds) really was Hart putting him over. Amazing match, which turned Austin babyface and Hart heel and had me marking out like mad.

Post #: 8315
RE: WWE - 17/11/2012 10:18:02 AM   
Sledge Hammer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Professor Moriarty

will inevitably start to ask "so Tom Billington/The Dynamite Kid vs. Satoru Sayama/Tiger Mask, best bouts ever?".

I guess if it is relevant to a WWE / TNA storyline at some point, having mentioned Foley above I would be interested in the team's take on the best "putting over" job ever. For the record, my pick would be Austin getting a big bump up the superstardom ladder in his match against Bret Hart at WM13. Although Hart didn't lost to Austin, and indeed won by TDQ, I think Stone Cold wearing the mask of red and refusing to tap out to the Sharpshooter (which let's face it, everyone did in seconds) really was Hart putting him over. Amazing match, which turned Austin babyface and Hart heel and had me marking out like mad.

I have put it to the team to answer - hopefully we will remember! By the way, I am Adam from the team if you were wondering!

Check it out!

Post #: 8316
RE: WWE - 19/11/2012 5:08:35 PM   
theoriginalcynic

Survivor Series - I watched the highlights - it seemed kinda bland.

Post #: 8317
RE: WWE - 19/11/2012 5:22:13 PM   
clownfoot

I caught Turning Point on Challenge and thought it was great. Plenty of wrestling, although no real surprises in victors, and pretty much clean victories throughout. The ladder match was the obvious highlight with some great insane spots. That last twist of fate was quite mental.

Evil Mod 2 - Hail he who has fallen from the sky to deliver us from the terror of the Deadites!

http://www.thepixelempire.net/index.html
http://clownfootsinversemidas.blogspot.com/

Post #: 8318
RE: WWE - 19/11/2012 9:47:14 PM   
Sledge Hammer

quote:

ORIGINAL: clownfoot

I caught Turning Point on Challenge and thought it was great. Plenty of wrestling, although no real surprises in victors, and pretty much clean victories throughout. The ladder match was the obvious highlight with some great insane spots. That last twist of fate was quite mental.

Yay! Another TNA convert!

I just spent the last hour interviewing Joe E Legend (who was Just Joe in WWF) - Will post the link tomorrow night. What a brilliant guy and a fascinating insight into WWF at its peak.

Check it out!

(in reply to clownfoot)
Post #: 8319
RE: WWE - 20/11/2012 7:16:48 AM   
Sledge Hammer

http://v2journal.com/interview-with-joe-e-legend.html

Quite often there is a wrestler in the business who flies under the radar of being accepted as a mainstream name. However, this week, Gavin and I had the privilege of talking to someone who should be remembered for his career in and out of the ring.

To many mainstream fans, the name Joe E Legend may not mean very much. But one look at his career will tell you that Joe is not just another wrestler who should be forgotten. This is a guy who not only has worked in all the major promotions but also someone who is responsible for training some of the biggest names yet to come.

This Monday, Gavin and I had the pleasure of speaking to Joe who had just returned from a 3 day trip to the UK where he not only wrestled two shows but also put on a wrestling academy.

For those of you who might think they recognise Joe, let me give you a quick reminder of what the man has achieved.

Starting off on the Canadian indie scene, Joe very quickly learnt his in ring skills under the coaching of Ron Hutchinson and Tiger Singh. Joe quickly rose through the ranks and from there started to help train ,tag and feud with the likes of Edge, Christian and Rhino.

Although well travelled through his wrestling, Joes biggest TV break came with the WWF with the character of Just Joe (see the youtube clip below). Although (and by his own admission) an awful character, Joe did get a lot of air time and was involved (albeit on the fringes) of some of the biggest storylines at the time.

Joe also wrestled for TNA briefly and held the tag titles for the promotions for a short time, something that was to be repeated by his students the Motor City Machine Guns a few years later.

Joe has continued to work in the ring and help train others to this day, and having had the pleasure of the best art of an hour, it becomes apparent that he still loves the business, even though he has ever really had the breaks he most probably deserved. Just watch the second video clip below and you will see the talent the guy was never able to show off in the WWF.

The interview was a fascinating insight into the world of professional wrestling from someone who has been there and continues to do it. During the interview, Joe talks about his early days in the business, about his time with WWF/ TNA and the booking crazyness of the time, before finishing off with his views on the talent in the industry today.

I hope you enjoy the interview as much as I enjoyed taking part in it and should you have any questions that you would like us to send to Joe, or have any comments for us, please contact the team at wrestling@v2journal.com

This podcast needs a wider audience and that means you can help - make sure to spread the word about us on Twitter and Facebook.

Check it out!

Post #: 8320
RE: WWE - 20/11/2012 4:53:39 PM   
theoriginalcynic

Some good matches on Raw this week and a new heel faction hotting up. Good stuff.

Post #: 8321
RE: WWE - 20/11/2012 9:22:23 PM   
Sledge Hammer

Jut to let you know, we asked your question Prof

Check it out!

Post #: 8322
RE: WWE - 22/11/2012 7:22:36 PM   
Sledge Hammer

This week Adam, Gavin and Chris discuss the direction both TNA and WWE are going in with reaction to all the drama and stories created, continued and ended at a magnificent Survivor Series. TNA get a bit of a grilling too.

We also delve into the postbag to answer questions, which gets us to talk about the best job a wrestler has done putting over a colleague, and discuss the future of women's wrestling.

1. How did you find Survivor Series?
2. What now next for Rollins, Ambrose and Reign?
3. Who puts over his competitors best now and in history?
4. How far can Jeff drift in different dimensions?

http://www.v2journal.com/the-v2-wrestling-podcast-20th-november.html

Check it out!

Post #: 8323
RE: WWE - 23/11/2012 12:05:48 PM   
Professor Moriarty

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sledge Hammer

I've never written in to anything. I actually found that embarassing

Can't believe that Molly Holly didn't get a bigger slot in discussion of women's wrestling. I found her one of the few female wrestlers whom to me was a complete package of being able to wrestle, having an ability on the mic and a personality and I liked her curves.

The Joe E Legend interview was great. He really put over a great understanding of the business and really interesting stuff. Top guy for sharing so much time and info. And wow broken sternum, he took 1 week off!

< Message edited by Professor Moriarty -- 23/11/2012 1:56:20 PM >

Post #: 8324
RE: WWE - 23/11/2012 7:07:56 PM   
Sledge Hammer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Professor Moriarty

quote:

I've never written in to anything. I actually found that embarassing

Can't believe that Molly Holly didn't get a bigger slot in discussion of women's wrestling. I found her one of the few female wrestlers whom to me was a complete package of being able to wrestle, having an ability on the mic and a personality and I liked her curves.

The Joe E Legend interview was great. He really put over a great understanding of the business and really interesting stuff. Top guy for sharing so much time and info. And wow broken sternum, he took 1 week off!

The Joe interview was really enjoyable to do - we have hopefully got Shad Gaspard in the next few weeks too.

We got invited to the TNA bootcamp interviews today, so I will post a link to that when we get it up.

If anyone else wants to ask a question (or answer the ones above) please do!

Check it out!

Post #: 8325
RE: WWE - 25/11/2012 10:14:47 AM   
Sledge Hammer

In December Challenge TV showcases four British stars and their efforts to win a contract with TNA.

'Party' Marty Scurll, Rockstar Spud and Hannah and Holly Blossom, the Blossom Twins, have been training with legends in and out of the ring in an effort to prove themselves worthy of a place on the TNA roster, and with only one place available competition is fierce.

As TNA bring their 'Road to Lockdown' Tour to these shores next year we will see the beginning for a new British star, or maybe two twins, as they join the live shows at Wembley Arena and look to grow into the company, going over to America to make an impact in the Impact Zone.

I met with all four of them to ask a few questions about their wrestling past, present and future.

Having spent the day with the media I still found all of them warm and approachable characters. They all knew their stuff, were clearly huge wrestling fans that were desperately excited by the prospects ahead of them, and determined to make a splash across the pond.

They have been over in America and been lucky to take in the first TNA Hall of Fame and this year's Bound For Glory. Not only that, but they took in the chance to showcase their skills in front of the biggest stars on the roster, picking up advice from stars they have watched for years, some of the biggest names in the industry and all time heroes like Hulk Hogan, Kurt Angle and Jeff Hardy.

I spoke to the Blossom Twins, Marty and Spud all separately, and I hope you enjoy the interviews as much as I enjoyed taking part in them, and should you have any questions that you would like us to send to the guys, or have any comments for us, please contact the team at wrestling@v2journal.com.

Make sure you keep an eye out for their performances in this country too, some of British wrestling's own stars at shows you will more than enjoy!

This site needs a wider audience and that means you can help - make sure to spread the word about us on Twitter and Facebook.

Here are the interviews - http://www.v2journal.com/interview-with-tna-british-boot-camp-stars.html

Check it out!

Post #: 8326
RE: WWE - 27/11/2012 10:25:27 PM   
Sledge Hammer

So what did everyone think of the Shields promo?

Ambrose reminded me of the Governor from The Walking Dead. Impressed so far.

Check it out!

(in reply to HIGHLANDER)
Post #: 8327
RE: WWE - 27/11/2012 10:28:59 PM   
ChickMagnet

quote:

I worry for them, the promo wasn't too bad but this is WWE, and they've already had them get a slight ad in for one of their DVDs

Post #: 8328
RE: WWE - 27/11/2012 10:38:27 PM   
Sledge Hammer

quote:

ORIGINAL: ChickMagnet

quote:

I worry for them, the promo wasn't too bad but this is WWE, and they've already had them get a slight ad in for one of their DVDs

I am not worried about the advert plug (I do it every week with my podcast )

My worry is that I just cant see how they are going to come out of a feud with Ryback without getting buried.

Check it out!

(in reply to ChickMagnet)
Post #: 8329
RE: WWE - 1/12/2012 8:04:47 AM   
Sledge Hammer

http://v2journal.com/the-v2-wrestling-podcast-27th-november.html

This week Adam, Gavin and Chris are back to talk about the past week's TNA Impact and WWE's Monday Night Raw.

Emails have come in as ever, and the team discuss the push of Ryback, the direction of TNA and the best entrance music of all time.

There is a chance to talk about TNA's new programme British Boot Camp as Chris got the chance to interview all four of the contestants this week.

1. What do you think of the TLC matches announced so far?
2. What next for The Shield?
3. Who will win TNA British Boot Camp?
4. The best entrance music of all time?

Check it out!

Post #: 8330
RE: WWE - 3/12/2012 12:31:11 PM   
Professor Moriarty

Thank you for starting this week's pod with the intro music from one of my favourites, Vader!

And thank you for answering my question, you seemed to have a lot of fun with it. And got into the spirit of what was probably behind my thinking that you could not be a top level wrestler 10 years ago if you didn't have a top level tune, and I did love all those instantly recognisable tunes, like the Foley one where you knew they were coming out straight away. I also learned about the Terry Funk music, which of course is Ennio Morricone's tune from Sergio Leone's "Once Upon a Time in the West".

< Message edited by Professor Moriarty -- 3/12/2012 2:50:07 PM >

Post #: 8331
RE: WWE - 3/12/2012 10:24:11 PM   
Frank Castle

me and bret hart from this past weekend

" guys its ok, he just wanted his machette back"!!

Post #: 8332
RE: WWE - 4/12/2012 3:12:02 PM   
Professor Moriarty

he looks so old. Still a legend, but I'd probably walk past him in the street without recognising him. Well unless he was wearing pink lycra tights and wrap around shades.

(in reply to Frank Castle)
Post #: 8333
RE: WWE - 4/12/2012 3:18:29 PM   
theoriginalcynic

Raw was great this week. Good fatal 4-way, decent match between Sin Cara and Del Rio and an exciting finish. Plus AJ!

Post #: 8334
RE: WWE - 4/12/2012 7:59:29 PM   
ChickMagnet

This may be a work but WWE are reporting that CM Punk has had to be taken in for emergency knee surgery

Also:

Post #: 8335
RE: WWE - 6/12/2012 8:15:31 AM   
Sledge Hammer

This weeks podcast:

Listen here :- http://www.v2journal.com/the-v2-wrestling-podcast-5th-december.html

It's December, and as another year in the wrestling world begins to end and bells start to jingle around us it is here that Gavin, Chris and Adam continue the insanity with another V2 Wrestling Podcast.

This week it is clear that Gavin is near breaking point. If you enjoy listening to the beginnings of a man having a wrestling induced breakdown then this is the show for you. Among the things annoying our team this week are Aces and Eights, TNA's transformation into Hogan Knows Best, Vince McMahon's contradictory bullying behaviour and the WWE's failure to book heels correctly.

After discussing the TNA Impact and WWE Raw programming from the past week since we last infected your ears, Gavin and Chris move on to discuss the credible threats and likely winners in this year's Royal Rumble, and then have a look at the two Six-man Elimination Chamber matches that we could see on the road to Wrestlemania.

1. Has WWE been given a blessing in disguise with CM Punk's knee injury?
2. What will WWE do with Brad Maddox?
3. Will TNA give Bully Ray a heel turn soon?
4. Who will win the Royal Rumble?

Check it out!

Post #: 8336
RE: WWE - 9/12/2012 5:29:52 PM   
ChickMagnet

I know there's a thread for TV best, worst and most disappointing of 2013 but I thought we'd maybe do one for WWE. Maybe Sledgey can podcast it, if he needs an Empire Forum member to join in I'm sure I can find someone who can help

Best: I'd go with Punk's title run - its made the belt worth something again, and the man has put on some stellar matches, sadly earlier on in the year it looked like he was being left at 2nd fiddle compared to big names like Rock, Cena, HHH, etc, but you've got to wonder if this was all meant to be a part of the storyline, considering it was a catalyst for Punk's Heel Turn.

Worst: Once again, its the women's division, they have talent that I'm interested in watching like Kaitlyn, Natalya and AJ, but the matches have been piss-poor, losing Kong and Beth has definitely not helped.

Disappointing: I've struggled with this one, but I'm going with the Sheamus WHC run - this is not a man who should be a face, and the temporary burial of Daniel Bryan in the process didn't help

Post #: 8337
RE: WWE - 9/12/2012 6:22:45 PM   
Sledge Hammer

quote:

I know there's a thread for TV best, worst and most disappointing of 2013 but I thought we'd maybe do one for WWE. Maybe Sledgey can podcast it, if he needs an Empire Forum member to join in I'm sure I can find someone who can help

Best: I'd go with Punk's title run - its made the belt worth something again, and the man has put on some stellar matches, sadly earlier on in the year it looked like he was being left at 2nd fiddle compared to big names like Rock, Cena, HHH, etc, but you've got to wonder if this was all meant to be a part of the storyline, considering it was a catalyst for Punk's Heel Turn.

Worst: Once again, its the women's division, they have talent that I'm interested in watching like Kaitlyn, Natalya and AJ, but the matches have been piss-poor, losing Kong and Beth has definitely not helped.

Disappointing: I've struggled with this one, but I'm going with the Sheamus WHC run - this is not a man who should be a face, and the temporary burial of Daniel Bryan in the process didn't help

Sledgey can indeed podcast it!

If you want to join in a week, PM me - there are always weeks where one of us needs to drop out for some reason.

Good topic/ question - think we should include TNA as well though.

My answer for all three categories would be Jeff Hardys monologue!

Check it out!

Post #: 8338
RE: WWE - 9/12/2012 10:31:22 PM   
ChickMagnet

quote:

quote:

Sledgey can indeed podcast it!

If you want to join in a week, PM me - there are always weeks where one of us needs to drop out for some reason.

Good topic/ question - think we should include TNA as well though.

My answer for all three categories would be Jeff Hardys monologue!

I would've included TNA but I just can't stand watching it any more, they SHOULD be a bigger promotion, but Hogans stranglehold has made it unwatchable, last I heard Bully Ray was a face and had a secret relationship with Brooke Hogan? Jesus wept, even the WWE writers couldn't make that stuff up.

Post #: 8339
RE: WWE - 12/12/2012 7:27:04 AM   
Sledge Hammer

Your question has been answered CM on the podcast which can be found here:

http://v2journal.com/the-v2-wrestling-podcast-11th-december.html

It's beginning to look a lot like podcasts, appearing on the screen...

Poorly thought through introductions aside, this week's podcast is a return to the fantastic three man team of legend, Adam, Gavin and Chris. This week the trio talk TNA Final Resolution, WWE's build up to Tables, Ladders and Chairs, as well as their highlights and disappointments of wrestling in 2012.

The main figures under our keen observation this week are James Storm, Vince McMahon and The Shield as we look at the current rosters of both major wrestling companies in the industry and how these figures play their roles in the current product.

With PPV's just passed and PPV's to come we see how each company is booking its talent and where we think they are heading into 2013. Are we soon to see changes in major title holders of each company, and are the Uso's better than the two tag teams TNA had competing for the belts this Sunday? Spoiler Alert!: The answer is yes.

1. How much better than Chavo and Hernandez are the Usos?
2. Is the Aces and Eights story beyond overextended?
3. Should Jeff Hardy be TNA Champion?
4. Who will emerge victorious in WWE's three main events of TLC?
5. Has Gavin finally turned heel after his disgraceful actions at the show's finale?

http://v2journal.com/the-v2-wrestling-podcast-11th-december.html

Also Competition time:

This week we are putting on a competition for you all - the winner will be picked by TNAs Blossom Twins who are on the show next week. Prizes will be revealed on the show (to avoid disappointment).

All you need to do is email wrestling@v2journal.com with your answer to the following:

If you were debuting as a wrestler what would be your entrance song and what would be your finisher be called?

Best answers to be read out and the winner will be chosen by the Blossom Twins next week.

Good luck.

Check it out!

Post #: 8340
Page:   <<   < prev  276 277 [278] 279 280   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: WWE Page: <<   < prev  276 277 [278] 279 280   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI