Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: WWE

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: WWE Page: <<   < prev  275 276 [277] 278 279   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: WWE - 10/10/2012 3:53:22 PM   
ElephantBoy

The incident seemed pretty really to me with Punk.

As big a fan as I am of his I don't think he has much of a leg to stand on being provoked is no excuse.  If he can't raise above these things he is in the wrong professional.  Don't think they should take the belt off him through.

(in reply to originalcynic)
Post #: 8281
RE: WWE - 10/10/2012 4:05:06 PM   
The Hooded Man

It's a bit annoying how the WWE have turned his character into a simpering coward who's scared of the main faces now. Why can't they have a heel who's also a bit of a bad ass?

Counting the minutes until the over zealous mods lock this thread too.

(in reply to ElephantBoy)
Post #: 8282
RE: WWE - 11/10/2012 8:09:07 PM   
Sledge Hammer

Evening all.

Would love to get feedback on this article I cowrote about Jeff Hardy - http://v2journal.com/jeff-hardys-redemption.html

It has an interview on there too.

Also, we interviewed Robbie E and T this week - http://v2journal.com/tna-robbie-e-and-robbie-t-interview.html

And finally, the WWE podcast - http://v2journal.com/the-v2-wrestling-podcast-little-jimmys-puberty-special.html

new sports forum - http://www.606v2.com

Check it out!

(in reply to The Hooded Man)
Post #: 8283
RE: WWE - 22/10/2012 10:31:51 AM   
Professor Moriarty

I read your text. I look forward to listening to the interview. Never a fan of Hardy, even though he seems to carry a lot of charisma with him. IMO he is quite a poor wrestler. The links between his spots are quite low quality and that makes his matches hard to watch. He also has little or no skill on the mic, so its hard for me to get that enthused by what he's about. Both talents he should have developed over his career.

Still he's making money for TNA, but I dont' see giving him the belt is going to push them that much as he's already an established name with the casual fan and building Aries further would have benefited the organisation more IMO.

As for his drugs / rehab record. Let's just hope he stays clean now as too many wrestlers have been lost over the years.

(in reply to Sledge Hammer)
Post #: 8284
RE: WWE - 23/10/2012 10:57:56 PM   
ChickMagnet

After last nights Raw I've got a theory on how they'll finish HIAC keeping Rybacks streak whilst keeping Punks run going, bare with me.

So we have both Punk and Ryback properly down and out in the ring, Ziggler's music plays and he comes out with Vickie confirming she's agreed to let Ziggler cash his MITB contract on the WWE Title, as you can cash in whenever you want, Ziggler walks into the cage, pins Punk and becomes the new WWE Champion. whilst this is happening Ryback gets up, hits Ziggler with Shellshocked, Punk tries a roll-up, Ryback hits Punk with it as well, pin, 1-2-3, but as Punk isn't champion any more, Ryback isn't the new champion, if I was a writer for WWE thats how I'd close it......................... so expect a clean Punk win

(in reply to Professor Moriarty)
Post #: 8285
RE: WWE - 24/10/2012 8:02:14 PM   
originalcynic

Expect Lesnar to interfere and cost Ryback his title shot. Or possibly turn on Punk to set up a feud between those two. Either way, no clean win in this one.

(in reply to ChickMagnet)
Post #: 8286
RE: WWE - 25/10/2012 4:23:33 PM   
Wild about Wilder

Before all this started was hopeing it'd be Punk vs Cena with Ryback coming down & turning heel on Cena but now can definetly see Lesnar coming down & costing Ryback his 1st loss.

< Message edited by Wild about Wilder -- 25/10/2012 4:24:03 PM >

Post #: 8287
RE: WWE - 25/10/2012 10:05:13 PM   
Frank Castle

quote:

ORIGINAL: Wild about Wilder

Before all this started was hopeing it'd be Punk vs Cena with Ryback coming down & turning heel on Cena but now can definetly see Lesnar coming down & costing Ryback his 1st loss.

as soon as ryback loses that streak its over for him. if lesner interferes it'll only not kill ryback as long as lesner puts ryback over next ppv. which he wont,i highly doubt hhh will let lesner get beat until he gets his return win.

" guys its ok, he just wanted his machette back"!!

(in reply to Wild about Wilder)
Post #: 8288
RE: WWE - 26/10/2012 12:12:26 AM   
originalcynic

Hello Frank! You've returned.

I hope WWE has a decent plan or they'll ruin both Punk and Ryback's recent pushes.

< Message edited by originalcynic -- 26/10/2012 12:13:31 AM >

(in reply to Frank Castle)
Post #: 8289
RE: WWE - 26/10/2012 3:55:35 PM   
Wild about Wilder

Anyone else think the Cena love interest storyline is a wee bit close to home?

Post #: 8290
RE: WWE - 28/10/2012 10:12:27 PM   
theoriginalcynic

I didn't know this PPV was free on Sky Sports. Good news.

Post #: 8291
RE: WWE - 29/10/2012 10:53:34 AM   
Wild about Wilder

Main event was a f8#king let down though will say The Heavyweight title match unexpectedly stole the show.

< Message edited by Wild about Wilder -- 29/10/2012 10:54:49 AM >

(in reply to theoriginalcynic)
Post #: 8292
RE: WWE - 29/10/2012 5:03:50 PM   
theoriginalcynic

Main event (Punk vs. Ryback) was exciting but technically poor, they made Punk look like a chump. No Lesnar = disappointing.

Post #: 8293
RE: WWE - 29/10/2012 5:05:38 PM   
theoriginalcynic

quote:

ORIGINAL: Wild about Wilder

Main event was a f8#king let down though will say The Heavyweight title match unexpectedly stole the show.

I agree. Big Show actually had a decent match

Post #: 8294
RE: WWE - 30/10/2012 4:34:20 PM   
Wild about Wilder

And with Sheamus!

< Message edited by Wild about Wilder -- 30/10/2012 4:35:12 PM >

Post #: 8295
RE: WWE - 1/11/2012 7:00:55 AM   
Sledge Hammer

I know what you are all thinking - where is this weeks podcast?

Well wait no longer, here it is!

http://v2journal.com/the-v2-wrestling-podcast-halloween-week.html

Part 1 is TNA focused - I am sure you are all dying to hear what we thought about Jeff Hardys internal monologue about his opponents.
Part 2 is WWE focused looking at Rybacks week. Was it a good week to be the roid guzzler?

If you want to take part in a future podcast - please let me know! (wrestling@v2journal.com)

Check it out!

(in reply to HIGHLANDER)
Post #: 8296
RE: WWE - 1/11/2012 12:26:58 PM   
Frank Castle

well ryback losing admittedly hasnt ended it yet,but im assuming at survivor series he's pinning punk seeing as its not for the title.While ryback in this feud its at least interesting but as soon as he's out of it where does he go?

cynic i'm back but not sure for how long? im so disinterested in wwe at the moment,its just abysmal. the ppv's to me have just been so boring. Hell in the cell had a few moments but you can tell a quality of a ppv just by the words "big show and sheamus had the match of the night". i honestly cant think of a worst year in wrestiling than 2012??

" guys its ok, he just wanted his machette back"!!

Post #: 8297
RE: WWE - 1/11/2012 3:20:40 PM   
Wild about Wilder

Oh I don't know about that if only for Punk vs Bryan?

(in reply to Frank Castle)
Post #: 8298
RE: WWE - 1/11/2012 6:45:20 PM   
theoriginalcynic

I'm still looking forward to Punk vs. the Rock, who Lesnar's next opponent is, and Austin Punk if it ever happens.

< Message edited by theoriginalcynic -- 1/11/2012 6:50:18 PM >

Post #: 8299
RE: WWE - 7/11/2012 9:11:40 PM   
Sledge Hammer

This weeks podcast is up:

http://www.v2journal.com/the-v2-wrestling-podcast-6th-november.html

This week's podcast is an absolutely great one, a resounding success by all means. Chris and Gavin talk TNA Turning Point and the changes to the card on WWE's Survivor Series.

Part two sees the two hosts digest two interesting questions, concerning WWE NXT stars making appearances on PPV's and how the company would have looked had Shawn Michaels not suffered serious injury in 1998.

It's been a busy week for wrestling, especially with the WWE making their way over to these shores. Vince McMahon made his impact felt, completely changing the face of the Survivor Series PPV coming up this month. Panic or planning?

TNA also took big steps to build towards this weekend's Turning Point PPV. A triple threat match for the number one contenders spot with a cracking stipulation, Jeff Hardy and Austin Aries take their feud up a step or two with the introduction of ladders, whilst the rest of the card looks to take shape.

As ever, we would love your feedback. Our questions to our audience this week:

1. What are you expecting from Turning Point this Sunday?
2. Who is taking home the World Championship in TNA?
3. Did WWE panic over a poor reaction to their original Survivor Series plans?
4. Does James Storm drink too much?
5. Is it just me or does Christian look a lot like Sebastien Vettel?

This podcast needs a wider audience and that means you can help - make sure to spread the word about us on Twitter and Facebook.

Check it out!

Post #: 8300
RE: WWE - 9/11/2012 2:02:24 PM   
Professor Moriarty

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sledge Hammer

Part two sees the two hosts digest two interesting questions, concerning WWE NXT stars making appearances on PPV's and how the company would have looked had Shawn Michaels not suffered serious injury in 1998.

Really good listening. Very insightful, knowledgeable and interesting.

Post #: 8301
RE: WWE - 9/11/2012 7:46:59 PM   
Sledge Hammer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Professor Moriarty

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sledge Hammer

Really good listening. Very insightful, knowledgeable and interesting.

Thanks for the feedback - we really do appreciate it (although I wasnt on this podcast! Obviously thats why you liked it!).

Anyway, a few more wrestling treats:

Did a press conference with Christopher Daniels the other night - http://v2journal.com/christopher-daniels.html

Also, did a follow up interview with Bravehart and his opponent Mr News (funny in an awful way!) - http://v2journal.com/v2-wrestling-bravehart-and-mr-news.html

Enjoy!

Check it out!

(in reply to Professor Moriarty)
Post #: 8302
RE: WWE - 10/11/2012 10:16:48 AM   
Wild about Wilder

Not sure if this is true but someone told me the reason Survivor Series got changed was down to His Twatness Cena throwing a hissy fit behind the scenes at Vince for not being included.

Post #: 8303
RE: WWE - 13/11/2012 8:20:46 PM   
theoriginalcynic

Incredibly bad taste on WWE's part, shame on Jerry Lawler for taking part in that angle. Disgusting.

There's a difference between PG and just being completely out of line.

Post #: 8304
RE: WWE - 13/11/2012 8:37:39 PM   
theoriginalcynic

It's also disappointing that JR has gone now. Ryback should thank him, he helped him get over with his superior commentary.

Post #: 8305
RE: WWE - 14/11/2012 11:45:03 AM   
parsonage84

quote:

ORIGINAL: theoriginalcynic

Incredibly bad taste on WWE's part, shame on Jerry Lawler for taking part in that angle. Disgusting.

This is the same company who has woman in her 70s give birth to a hand, have HHH have "sex" with a dead girl, have Orton make fun of Eddie Guerrero after he just died, made fun of JR constantly whenever he was off with Balls Palsy and not forgetting they spent a large part of several raws going on about Jerry Lawler's mum passing away, not sure why ur shocked by what CM Punk did

The Jerk store called, they're running out of you

the King forever rembered 1958 - 2009

Post #: 8306
RE: WWE - 14/11/2012 11:49:35 AM   
theoriginalcynic

quote:

ORIGINAL: parsonage84

quote:

This is the same company who has woman in her 70s give birth to a hand, have HHH have "sex" with a dead girl, have Orton make fun of Eddie Guerrero after he just died, made fun of JR constantly whenever he was off with Balls Palsy and not forgetting they spent a large part of several raws going on about Jerry Lawler's mum passing away, not sure why ur shocked by what CM Punk did

You're right BUT it's supposed to be aimed at kids now. A PG product.

(in reply to parsonage84)
Post #: 8307
RE: WWE - 14/11/2012 12:10:18 PM   
The Hooded Man

WWE are going after Sting again, apparently Triple H wants him in the Hall of Fame and to fight Undertaker at WM as the merchandising opportunities will be huge.

Counting the minutes until the over zealous mods lock this thread too.

Post #: 8308
RE: WWE - 14/11/2012 10:18:47 PM   
parsonage84

quote:

quote:

quote:

Again they did whole Lawlers mum passing while it was a "PG" product, if remember correctly they had a tag match with HBK having "God" has his partner, Had Undertaker be "killed" by terrorists days after the london Bombings, Tim White having weekly sucide attempts, and frankly probably the worst idea, Vince wanting to be the father of Steph's baby. Most of these are within the time period i would call the PG era, and theres hundreds more. Lets face it, if Vince thinks it get him in the press and will upset some people he will do it.

The Jerk store called, they're running out of you

the King forever rembered 1958 - 2009

Post #: 8309
RE: WWE - 15/11/2012 12:24:30 PM   
ElephantBoy

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Again they did whole Lawlers mum passing while it was a "PG" product, if remember correctly they had a tag match with HBK having "God" has his partner, Had Undertaker be "killed" by terrorists days after the london Bombings, Tim White having weekly sucide attempts, and frankly probably the worst idea, Vince wanting to be the father of Steph's baby. Most of these are within the time period i would call the PG era, and theres hundreds more. Lets face it, if Vince thinks it get him in the press and will upset some people he will do it.

Doesn't make it alright through does it? Why should he be cut off things which socialty considers disgusting. Just to fill me in as I didn't see raw, what happened in the angle with Punk and Lawler?

Not sure if he hasn't appeared yet if Sting ever will for WWE. I would be interesting to see it, but he seems very happy in TNA.

Cena using politics sounds more likely than the reason I heard for the change in the main event, which was that WWE decided that based on past history (like Bragging Rights buyrates) than elimination or tag match main events don't sell well. For the record I was in favour of the ten man being the main event, as it gave the Surivorseries and different feel, gave Punk a different kind of match than his standard title defences and it was the perfect way to get Ryback over.

(in reply to parsonage84)
Post #: 8310
Page:   <<   < prev  275 276 [277] 278 279   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: WWE Page: <<   < prev  275 276 [277] 278 279   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI