Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: WWE

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: WWE Page: <<   < prev  273 274 [275] 276 277   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: WWE - 4/8/2012 9:52:53 AM   
Sledge Hammer

for anyone interested, here is all the info you will ever need about Summerslam:

http://www.v2journal.com/summerslam-stats.html

new sports forum - http://www.606v2.com

Check it out!

(in reply to ElephantBoy)
Post #: 8221
RE: WWE - 7/8/2012 3:50:59 PM   
ElephantBoy

So far Summerslam holds little interest for me.

Lesnar/HHH could go either way, one is semi-retired but tends to raise his game for these big matches and the other has only wrestled once in years. But it is at least a fresh match and between two high profile guys so I hope it works well.

I would have liked a Cena/Punk singles more than them needlessly injecting the Big Show for a triple threat. I suspect Cena will get the belt here, but if he does I hope he pins Show to end their feud and gives Punk a reason to demand a rematch.

The world title should be solid but think they will struggle to repeat the qauilty of their MITB meeting. Hope Sheamus wins, don't see much scope for this feud after slam.

(in reply to Sledge Hammer)
Post #: 8222
RE: WWE - 8/8/2012 11:58:23 AM   
The Hooded Man

The official poster for Night Of Champions isn't exactly subtle as to who's going to win the WWE Title is it? This is the next PPV after SummerSlam. Are WWE even trying anymore?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Night_of_Champions_%282012%29

Counting the minutes until the over zealous mods lock this thread too.

Post #: 8223
RE: WWE - 8/8/2012 1:13:12 PM   
Wild about Wilder

To me the best performer WWE have (in & out of the ring) at this moment is Daniel Bryan apart from making Cena look like a "MUG" (not really that hard) on RAW his yes/no argument with the fans at ringside were hilarious hopefully it wont be to long before we see him with another title around his waist.

(in reply to The Hooded Man)
Post #: 8224
RE: WWE - 8/8/2012 7:02:40 PM   
chambanzi

I've completely lost interest in the WWE as of late. They are too stubborn to ever do anything I want to see. For example Daniel Bryan should be in the title scene as he is the most entertaining heel but instead they make him look a fool and get Rock bottomed by Dwayne 'Hog the spotlight then fuck off' Johnson.
Instead they insist on shoving guys like Santino down our throat, how long has he held the US title now? The cobra is ridiculous.
Then we get segments with that stupid Hornswoggle yet there are guys like Drew McIntyre on the roster who I would love to see more of but never get on the show.

I've been a fan of wrestling my whole life but the past several months have been beyond boring.

(in reply to Wild about Wilder)
Post #: 8225
RE: WWE - 8/8/2012 11:34:25 PM   
ElephantBoy

quote:

ORIGINAL: chambanzi

I've completely lost interest in the WWE as of late. They are too stubborn to ever do anything I want to see. For example Daniel Bryan should be in the title scene as he is the most entertaining heel but instead they make him look a fool and get Rock bottomed by Dwayne 'Hog the spotlight then fuck off' Johnson.
Instead they insist on shoving guys like Santino down our throat, how long has he held the US title now? The cobra is ridiculous.
Then we get segments with that stupid Hornswoggle yet there are guys like Drew McIntyre on the roster who I would love to see more of but never get on the show.

I've been a fan of wrestling my whole life but the past several months have been beyond boring.

I pretty much agree with all of that and the shame is they have some real talent on their books.

(in reply to chambanzi)
Post #: 8226
RE: WWE - 9/8/2012 10:18:06 AM   
Wild about Wilder

Yeah it's not about ability it's if your face fits, I was told Alex Riley got pushed down the pecking order because of an altercation with a certain Headliner (who dresses like a twelve year old).

Post #: 8227
RE: WWE - 9/8/2012 1:21:10 PM   
ElephantBoy

^ I heard that too. Thing is I unsure weather Riley had the talent to back up his push, but it is so like WWE to push someone one minute and then take them off raw completely the next.

(in reply to Wild about Wilder)
Post #: 8228
RE: WWE - 9/8/2012 4:20:14 PM   
Sledge Hammer

Hi Guys (and gals?)

Would appreciate some feedback on this - http://v2journal.com/the-v2-wrestling-podcast.html

Its my sites first attempt at a weekly podcast. Its 20 minutes long and we talk about the Lord Tensai/ Abraham Washington remarks and about the Aces and 8s from TNA.

Be brutal (other than about the sound quality - it was a test run!)

Check it out!

(in reply to HIGHLANDER)
Post #: 8229
RE: WWE - 11/8/2012 10:38:42 PM   
ElephantBoy

The feud between Alberto Del Rio and Sheamus has just gotten really dumb.

SPOILERS DON'T READ IF YOU HAVE NOT SEEN RAW OR SMACKDOWN THIS WEEK!!
First they have Sheamus steal ADR's car and bring it back in a messed up state. That angle has been done so much in recent years and is just so low rant, serious tell me why would it make fans care about the match or title? Then on SD they tease that they are going to have the two face one another before summerslam (to attract extra viewers for later in the show I assume) which then ends in a cheap angle, and now they are pretending to cancel the summerslam match all together WTF?!

The highlights of this week SD for me were the excellent Christian/Antonio Cesaro match and the entertaining highlight reel with Jericho/Vickie/Dolph. Good that they have finally signed Ziggler VS. Jericho for slam could be motn.

Post #: 8230
RE: WWE - 13/8/2012 8:18:50 PM   
chambanzi

Yeah I didn't watch either Raw or Smackdown because the quality of the show has been so awful lately. I usually get annoyed when people are constantly critical of the show as I find overall it delivers but lately it has been so damn terrible and a 3 hour Raw is too much time invested for a show that consists of advertising and cheap, dumb joke characters. Plus all the matches lately end in some sort of shitty disqualification.

I read some spoilers to see what happened to confirm if the show was shitty or not and read that Sin Cara beat Cody Rhodes in a quick match. Cody Rhodes has been one of the most improved stars of the past year or so and they have spent that time giving him 2 IC runs and making him more prominent. Sin Cara has been suspended for violating a policy and can't even enter the ring without botching. He botches at least once per match (Dolph Ziggler recently got really pissed off at a house show because of how poor Cara's performance was.) Yet the WWE give this guy the win

The only positive thing is that the tag division has picked up lately but I hope that won't go downhill now Abraham Washington has been released for making that Kobe Bryant comment.

Post #: 8231
RE: WWE - 15/8/2012 2:55:17 PM   
ElephantBoy

quote:

Yeah I didn't watch either Raw or Smackdown because the quality of the show has been so awful lately. I usually get annoyed when people are constantly critical of the show as I find overall it delivers but lately it has been so damn terrible and a 3 hour Raw is too much time invested for a show that consists of advertising and cheap, dumb joke characters. Plus all the matches lately end in some sort of shitty disqualification.

I read some spoilers to see what happened to confirm if the show was shitty or not and read that Sin Cara beat Cody Rhodes in a quick match. Cody Rhodes has been one of the most improved stars of the past year or so and they have spent that time giving him 2 IC runs and making him more prominent. Sin Cara has been suspended for violating a policy and can't even enter the ring without botching. He botches at least once per match (Dolph Ziggler recently got really pissed off at a house show because of how poor Cara's performance was.) Yet the WWE give this guy the win

The only positive thing is that the tag division has picked up lately but I hope that won't go downhill now Abraham Washington has been released for making that Kobe Bryant comment

Until that final bit I agreed with all your post. It has improved in the sense that it is getting more TV time but the booking of it and the teams involved is still dire.

(in reply to chambanzi)
Post #: 8232
RE: WWE - 15/8/2012 6:44:08 PM   
Sledge Hammer

Hi all.

Just thought I would let you know that the latest wrestling podcast I make is up:

Topics discussed this week are:

Raw Review and Summerslam preview
TNA Hardcore Justice review
Abraham Washington
Heath Slater

Hopefully some of you will take a listen and give me some feedback (and if you are very nice maybe even tweet it!)

http://www.v2journal.com/v2-wrestling-podcast-14th-august.html

Check it out!

Post #: 8233
RE: WWE - 16/8/2012 9:41:18 AM   
chambanzi

quote:

ORIGINAL: ElephantBoy

quote:

The only positive thing is that the tag division has picked up lately but I hope that won't go downhill now Abraham Washington has been released for making that Kobe Bryant comment

Until that final bit I agreed with all your post. It has improved in the sense that it is getting more TV time but the booking of it and the teams involved is still dire.

The tag team division is a shell of what it once was but it has picked up in terms of actually getting on television. The last couple of reigns have been unmemorable. Primo/Epico have had more matches recently than when they had the titles. The Prime Time Playas are being built up etc so its at least getting air time.

But yeah not a patch on the days where you had Edge and Christian, The Hardy Boyz, The Dudley Boys and The APA.
The problem is its all well and good choosing two wrestlers to make a tag team but they never give the team a name or attire. You could make a good team out of Justin Gabriel and Tyson Kidd but they would just call them by their names.

Summerslam is approaching and I haven't cared for the product in months. I'm hoping this PPV can freshen things up and change my perspective. We need new World Heavyweight, United States and even Tag team champions. Keep the WWE on Punk and the IC on Miz. We'll see where things go from there. Can see Punk making some sort of allegiance with Heyman and Lesnar soon too.

Post #: 8234
RE: WWE - 16/8/2012 2:20:40 PM   
ElephantBoy

quote:

quote:

quote:

The tag team division is a shell of what it once was but it has picked up in terms of actually getting on television. The last couple of reigns have been unmemorable. Primo/Epico have had more matches recently than when they had the titles. The Prime Time Playas are being built up etc so its at least getting air time.

But yeah not a patch on the days where you had Edge and Christian, The Hardy Boyz, The Dudley Boys and The APA.
The problem is its all well and good choosing two wrestlers to make a tag team but they never give the team a name or attire. You could make a good team out of Justin Gabriel and Tyson Kidd but they would just call them by their names.

Summerslam is approaching and I haven't cared for the product in months. I'm hoping this PPV can freshen things up and change my perspective. We need new World Heavyweight, United States and even Tag team champions. Keep the WWE on Punk and the IC on Miz. We'll see where things go from there. Can see Punk making some sort of allegiance with Heyman and Lesnar soon too.

I like Primo and Epico, but the tag champs are weak and the PTP just look out of their depth out there. Also it was a bit dumb at the last ppv where they had the tag belts defended on the pre-show yet had a number one contenders match on the main show.

Things need to freshen up but I am unconvinced that putting the title back on Del Rio is the right move the guy just doesn't convince me. I have liked Sheamus since his face switch and I miss the days of longer title reigns so until someone else is ready to be champ I would keep the title on him. U.S. Title I agree with the sad thing is that match is only on the pre-show. Yeah Punk and Miz to retain would be good for me. With a bit of luck Miz defending against Rey will help lift the profile of the IC Title.

(in reply to chambanzi)
Post #: 8235
RE: WWE - 22/8/2012 2:58:42 PM   
Sledge Hammer

The new podcast is up:

http://v2journal.com/v2-wrestling-podcast-20th-august.html

in 3 parts:

Summerslam/ Raw review
TNA review
Hits and misses of the wrestling world this year so far

Next week we have Paul Nicholson on as a guest!

Check it out!

(in reply to HIGHLANDER)
Post #: 8236
RE: WWE - 23/8/2012 8:26:08 PM   
Sledge Hammer

I just got back from meeting Tatanka, Ted Dibiase (sr) and Roddy Piper!

All three of them were top guys - should have some photos tomorrow.

Check it out!

Post #: 8237
RE: WWE - 25/8/2012 12:51:14 PM   
Sledge Hammer

Check it out!

Post #: 8238
RE: WWE - 25/8/2012 7:26:42 PM   
ElephantBoy

Nice one! Good to see Piper looking in decent shape given his recent health issues.

Post #: 8239
RE: WWE - 26/8/2012 9:39:25 AM   
Sledge Hammer

Also - on this weeks podcast (recording Tuesday) we have darts player Paul Nicholson calling in as a guest (huge CM Punk fan) - if you have a question for him, drop wrestling@v2journal.com a email with it.

Check it out!

(in reply to HIGHLANDER)
Post #: 8240
RE: WWE - 26/8/2012 10:37:49 AM   
ChickMagnet

I don't know which one I'm more jealous of, Piper or Dibiase! I'm gonna go with Piper, mainly because he was 1 half of what changed wrestling from a passing fad to a serious hobby - Mania 8 Piper vs Bret. I was instantly hooked

Post #: 8241
RE: WWE - 26/8/2012 1:41:26 PM   
Sledge Hammer

Not so cool!

Check it out!

(in reply to ChickMagnet)
Post #: 8242
RE: WWE - 29/8/2012 6:53:28 PM   
Sledge Hammer

Just published this weeks podcast - http://v2journal.com/v2-wrestling-podcast-28th-august.html

It has Paul Nicholson as a guest on it (he is the darts player on does the CM Punk entrance)

This week we talk about the woeful edition of Raw and mixed episode of TNA, as well as wrestlers undefeated streaks. Feedback would be appreciated!

If any of you could tweet/ facebook the link, that would also be appreciated!

Check it out!

(in reply to HIGHLANDER)
Post #: 8243
RE: WWE - 5/9/2012 9:29:21 PM   
Sledge Hammer

Although I have had no feedback from any of the podcasts so far, I thought I would keep posting some links in case someone is interested!

http://v2journal.com/v2-wrestling-podcast-4th-september.html

This week we talk about the short term booking of WWE and the TNA fan party that took place in London.

Check it out!

Post #: 8244
RE: WWE - 11/9/2012 1:49:51 PM   
ChickMagnet

Say what you will about Lawler's talents, but I'll be honest, I shed a tear when I read what happened last night

Post #: 8245
RE: WWE - 11/9/2012 3:55:58 PM   
ElephantBoy

I am watching raw later in the week but I will only shed tears when the guy retires ... TEARS OF JOY THAT IS!!

Summerslam was a much better ppv than I expected but I think NOC is going to suck a little. Last years event was poor and think I will be giving this years a miss.

Post #: 8246
RE: WWE - 11/9/2012 4:57:20 PM   
Ultimo Lee

quote:

I am watching raw later in the week but I will only shed tears when the guy retires ... TEARS OF JOY THAT IS!!

Maybe you'll get lucky and he'll just die eh?

I don't watch Raw anymore but was told by my sister this morning and just watched it, real shocking. This isn't the usual type of guy in wrestling who suddenly dies, he isn't a hard drinking, drug taking steroid monkey but a true wrestling legend. Hope he pulls through.

Post #: 8247
RE: WWE - 11/9/2012 6:50:13 PM   
ChickMagnet

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ultimo Lee

quote:

I don't watch Raw anymore but was told by my sister this morning and just watched it, real shocking. This isn't the usual type of guy in wrestling who suddenly dies, he isn't a hard drinking, drug taking steroid monkey but a true wrestling legend. Hope he pulls through.

I'm guessing ElephantBoy may feel bad when he reads what happened, I've just started Raw and usually ANY time Bret is on screen I'm happy, but knowing whats coming I'm on edge a bit.

(in reply to Ultimo Lee)
Post #: 8248
RE: WWE - 11/9/2012 9:06:10 PM   
ElephantBoy

quote:

ORIGINAL: ChickMagnet

quote:

quote:

I'm guessing ElephantBoy may feel bad when he reads what happened, I've just started Raw and usually ANY time Bret is on screen I'm happy, but knowing whats coming I'm on edge a bit.

Okay I will have to sorry in advance if I have over stepped the line. Just two questions without giving anything away are you sure it is not part of a angle? And will they show whatever it is on the shorter two hour repear version?

Post #: 8249
RE: WWE - 11/9/2012 9:42:40 PM   
ChickMagnet

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: ChickMagnet

quote:

quote:

Okay I will have to sorry in advance if I have over stepped the line. Just two questions without giving anything away are you sure it is not part of a angle? And will they show whatever it is on the shorter two hour repear version?

100% Certain mate, I just watched the recording from last night and you can hear him struggling for breath before silence, and the mainstream news its attracted, well WWE would look proper insensitive bastards if it was a work. I'm guessing there'll be some of it on there, it happened about half-way through the show so they'd struggle to fill 2 hours without it

Post #: 8250
Page:   <<   < prev  273 274 [275] 276 277   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: WWE Page: <<   < prev  273 274 [275] 276 277   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI