Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: WWE

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: WWE Page: <<   < prev  272 273 [274] 275 276   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: WWE - 6/4/2012 8:28:00 AM   
Sledge Hammer

Not WWE related but more TNA.

I am going to be interviewing Bobby Roode and James Storm ahead of the TNA PPV a week Sunday. If any of you have a question, please let me know (http://www.606v2.com/t27306-tna-qa)

Did the same with Matt MOrgan last month - if anyone wants a link to the interview, please let me know

new sports forum - http://www.606v2.com

Check it out!

(in reply to Jeffrey)
Post #: 8191
RE: WWE - 7/4/2012 4:29:04 AM   
ElephantBoy

This years Mania should have been much better, the only two matches which lived up to their billing were the WWE Title and HITC bouts, although the cell was not as good as their bout from last year.

I agree that the Rock/Cena was not great, problem was that both men seem to lack the passion and just seem to be cruising through the match, of couse you had some of normal Cena sloppingness. I for one hope we don't see Rock/Cena 2.

The rest of the matches ranged from avenrge to poor, and the World Title was an insult.

(in reply to Sledge Hammer)
Post #: 8192
RE: WWE - 7/4/2012 7:44:03 AM   
Dirk Miggler

Rocky chasing the strap, does this mean a feud with Punk Is on the cards down the line ?

Crowd going nuts for Bryan and Lesnar, was nice to watch.

Probably the best Raw I've watched since I started watching again. Crowd getting involved always make wrestling more entertaining. Promos still 5 mins too long though !

Is anyone else loving Santino right now ?

(in reply to ElephantBoy)
Post #: 8193
RE: WWE - 10/4/2012 7:15:19 PM   
TheSpleen

I'm not jumping on the Cena sucks thing here but my God has he bugged me recently.  Smirking on his way to the ring at Mania and smiling when Lesnar arrives again, especially on Raw this week (Won't spoil incase people haven't seen yet). 

It comes across to me that he's pouting a little about having to put over The Rock and possibly Lesnar.  Smiling and acting like you're above the situation surely takes away the drama of the moment? This week on Raw he botched a fantastic segment in my opinion by acting like a goof yet again. Maybe I'm not seeing something here but I find it annoying.

(in reply to Dirk Miggler)
Post #: 8194
RE: WWE - 10/4/2012 7:51:13 PM   
S. C. Lee

He's smiling as if to say, "You don't bother me."

Raw was OK, the most interesting parts involve the old school wrestlers again. Apparently there's resentment in the locker room, it's been reported that Lesnar is getting paid 5 million for 30 -40 wrestling appearances which should lead to a match with the Rock (at Mania.) Most wrestlers work 200 dates for nowhere near that.

Kane, Punk, Y2J, Albert, Orton, Cena, Rock, Brock - WWE are still relying on the old school stars. Once they're gone they'll be screwed. They just can't get modern wrestlers over in the same way.

(in reply to TheSpleen)
Post #: 8195
RE: WWE - 11/4/2012 1:38:14 PM   
Wild about Wilder

Getting a bit sick of the same old sphile coming out of Jericho's mouth week in week out.

(in reply to S. C. Lee)
Post #: 8196
RE: WWE - 11/4/2012 2:23:25 PM   
ElephantBoy

quote:

ORIGINAL: S. C. Lee

He's smiling as if to say, "You don't bother me."

Raw was OK, the most interesting parts involve the old school wrestlers again. Apparently there's resentment in the locker room, it's been reported that Lesnar is getting paid 5 million for 30 -40 wrestling appearances which should lead to a match with the Rock (at Mania.) Most wrestlers work 200 dates for nowhere near that.

Kane, Punk, Y2J, Albert, Orton, Cena, Rock, Brock - WWE are still relying on the old school stars. Once they're gone they'll be screwed. They just can't get modern wrestlers over in the same way.

Not sure you can call Punk an old star through, sure he has been there awhile now, but is very much in his peak and is part of the future. However I take your point overall.

Really need to see this week raw now, sounds intruging, Brock and Bryan sounds ace.

(in reply to S. C. Lee)
Post #: 8197
RE: WWE - 11/4/2012 4:45:02 PM   
The Hooded Man

Cena has next to no professionalism. He blew a number of the promos with The Rock by smirking his way through them when The Rock, on the other hand, went out of his way to sell Cena when he was on the mic.

Counting the minutes until the over zealous mods lock this thread too.

Post #: 8198
RE: WWE - 11/4/2012 6:58:13 PM   
TheSpleen

Totally agree.  I'm just speculating but he does seem to be acting up as of late and simply not doing his job.  Only my opinion, but smirking like a moron whilst Lesnar and the entire roster are going apeshit just reeks of stupidity.  Why should I care enough to watch the PPV if the guy involved doesn't seem to give a shit?

(in reply to The Hooded Man)
Post #: 8199
RE: WWE - 11/4/2012 9:39:47 PM   
S. C. Lee

I can't believe I'm sticking up for WWE (or Cena) but he's not smirking to say "I don't give a shit." he's showing the audience that he's not
scared of Lesnar or the Rock.

(in reply to TheSpleen)
Post #: 8200
RE: WWE - 11/4/2012 11:52:11 PM   
a_new_power

quote:

I can't believe I'm sticking up for WWE (or Cena) but he's not smirking to say "I don't give a shit." he's showing the audience that he's not

That's an opinion that I demonstrably don't agree with becase Cena smiking like a moron is not the way to act - there's other ways to show people you are not scared of them. The Rock totally made us believe that he wasn't scared of Cena, and yes, he smirked but he did that when it was appropriate, and when it was appropriate for the Rock to act serious and say through actions that I will beat you that I see who stands infront of me, he did that too, and so did Brock! Cena is just too self centered to realise this is not the way to act and I believe just merchandise sales will no longer help him stay at the top as buy rates are where the big money is. I think wwe realise that now and merchandise alone is not what will help wwe in the long run it's actually getting bums on seats (Wrestlemania being a prime example as it's the biggest selling wrestlemania ever) and I'm afraid Cena's fueds have never done that.

< Message edited by a_new_power -- 11/4/2012 11:53:55 PM >

"A coward is a hero with a wife, kids, and a mortgage."

(in reply to S. C. Lee)
Post #: 8201
RE: WWE - 12/4/2012 12:53:30 AM   
Ripper

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sledge Hammer

Not WWE related but more TNA.

I am going to be interviewing Bobby Roode and James Storm ahead of the TNA PPV a week Sunday. If any of you have a question, please let me know (http://www.606v2.com/t27306-tna-qa)

Did the same with Matt MOrgan last month - if anyone wants a link to the interview, please let me know

A link would be nice, yes.

As is a fairly badly kept secret, I am a huge professional wrestling fan, partial to MMA, but my flag is firmly planted in the wrestling side so far. Anyway, I have a published dissertation under my belt, but what I do want the most is to combine my love of wrestling with my apparent skills in the squared circle that is writing.

Anyway to the point: have you any advice (or better yet, oppertunities) for breaking into the world of wrestling journalism?

I think we can all agree, history is in the past

- George Dubya Bush

Some say he only knows two things about ducks .... and both of them are wrong

Post #: 8202
RE: WWE - 12/4/2012 7:46:56 AM   
S. C. Lee

quote:

ORIGINAL: a_new_power

quote:

That's an opinion that I demonstrably don't agree with becase Cena smiking like a moron is not the way to act - there's other ways to show people you are not scared of them. The Rock totally made us believe that he wasn't scared of Cena, and yes, he smirked but he did that when it was appropriate, and when it was appropriate for the Rock to act serious and say through actions that I will beat you that I see who stands infront of me, he did that too, and so did Brock! Cena is just too self centered to realise this is not the way to act and I believe just merchandise sales will no longer help him stay at the top as buy rates are where the big money is. I think wwe realise that now and merchandise alone is not what will help wwe in the long run it's actually getting bums on seats (Wrestlemania being a prime example as it's the biggest selling wrestlemania ever) and I'm afraid Cena's fueds have never done that.

What's helping WWE is bringing back the Rock and Brock. Personally, that's the reason I've started watching again, after the last few boring years. Especially Brock, as I said before the Rock needs to change, his character has become stale.

As they were harping on this last week, their return has brought some credibility back to wrestling. To be fair to Cena he cares about the business and he's worked his arse off for years now.

< Message edited by S. C. Lee -- 12/4/2012 7:47:31 AM >

(in reply to a_new_power)
Post #: 8203
RE: WWE - 12/4/2012 5:29:48 PM   
ElephantBoy

But the Rock is not going to stick around full time and you know it, he has nothing left to prove as a wrestler and makes far more money as an actor, so may guess is that at the most he will wrestle about three times a year, and I don't see him making many other appearences besides that.

Sure it is excited that Brock is back, but whose to say how long he will stick around for, hes not in his mid-twenties anymore. WWE have to start looking to the future and stop going for a short term asnwer to poor ratings.

By the way was it this weeks raw where Lesnar returned or last weeks? Just wanted to know as I would like to see it.

(in reply to S. C. Lee)
Post #: 8204
RE: WWE - 12/4/2012 8:33:22 PM   
S. C. Lee

quote:

ORIGINAL: ElephantBoy

But the Rock is not going to stick around full time and you know it, he has nothing left to prove as a wrestler and makes far more money as an actor, so may guess is that at the most he will wrestle about three times a year, and I don't see him making many other appearences besides that.

Sure it is excited that Brock is back, but whose to say how long he will stick around for, hes not in his mid-twenties anymore. WWE have to start looking to the future and stop going for a short term asnwer to poor ratings.

By the way was it this weeks raw where Lesnar returned or last weeks? Just wanted to know as I would like to see it.

Last weeks, he's been on for two weeks now. The problem is WWE don't know how to build up wrestlers any more. I have zero interest in their current roster. Minus Punk of course.

Post #: 8205
RE: WWE - 12/4/2012 11:48:55 PM   
S. C. Lee

I was talking to a Sky representative today. He said Sky are working on a wrestling channel like the F1 one. It makes sense, there's so much wrestling per week now.

< Message edited by S. C. Lee -- 12/4/2012 11:49:33 PM >

(in reply to S. C. Lee)
Post #: 8206
RE: WWE - 14/4/2012 12:07:53 AM   
ElephantBoy

Well there was one a few years back which eventually went under due to poor ratings, it showed the likes of ROH, TNA, NOAH, UK indie promotions and Shoot Interviews. I hope this new channel if it happens will be more like that, because Sky already shows enough WWE, don't think there is room for more, althrough if it was a classic channels which maybe shows NWA/WCW that could work.

(in reply to HIGHLANDER)
Post #: 8207
RE: WWE - 14/4/2012 9:36:03 AM   
Wild about Wilder

OOOOHHH! Old NWA before WCW would be so cool The 4 Horsemen, Muta, the Tag team division(Road Warriors not L.O.D) etc + ECW fingers Xd

< Message edited by Wild about Wilder -- 14/4/2012 9:37:06 AM >

Post #: 8208
RE: WWE - 1/5/2012 6:40:21 PM   
TheSpleen

After watching extreme rules I can say with confidence that Cena is without a doubt the biggest moron to step in a WWE ring and that's saying something.  What an absolute self serving peice of garbage.

Way to flush 5 million down the toilet John. Great promo too asshole.

(in reply to Wild about Wilder)
Post #: 8209
RE: WWE - 5/5/2012 9:34:26 PM   
ElephantBoy

And it was a strange promo considering that it doesn't seem that he is taking time off after all.

But looking on the bright side, ER was a cracking ppv, in fact WWE's best of the year so far. Both World Title matches more than produced, Bryan/Sheamus was an excellent wrestling bout, which told a good story and had a great flow it it, and the emotion and hard hitting action of Punk's street fight was first class, and once again him and Jericho paced the bout perfectly. The opening falls count anywhere was decent, but it was dumb that it ended inside of the ring, and the main event was better than expected althrough I disagree with Cena going over.

Now looking forward to Bryan-Punk at Over the Limit, what a dream to have these two in a WWE Title on ppv, just hope it gets to main event.

(in reply to TheSpleen)
Post #: 8210
RE: WWE - 10/5/2012 9:09:50 PM   
Sledge Hammer

Just did a interview with Mr Anderson if anyone is interested - http://v2journal.com/interview-with-ken-anderson.html - you can tell he is still pissed with Orton!

Check it out!

Post #: 8211
RE: WWE - 14/6/2012 6:59:49 PM   
Ripper

I'm not a betting man but even with WM 29 being held in the NJ/NY area I would bet my colleagues monthly salleries on WM 30 being held in Madison Square Garden. Where I went last year for to see Survivor Series. Anyway, whether it is there or not, when do my fellow smarks think tickets to 30 will go on sale?

- George Dubya Bush

Post #: 8212
RE: WWE - 10/7/2012 8:52:28 PM   
Ripper

Has this thread died again? I'm seriously considering moving my digital smark presence elsewhere

- George Dubya Bush

(in reply to Ripper)
Post #: 8213
RE: WWE - 12/7/2012 7:38:42 AM   
Frank Castle

because wwe is at it's lowest since the star of the thread? tna on the other hand minus the aj/dixie storyline has been wiping the floor with wwe

" guys its ok, he just wanted his machette back"!!

(in reply to Ripper)
Post #: 8214
RE: WWE - 12/7/2012 9:58:51 PM   
ElephantBoy

I agree that TNA is on the raise and long may it go on however WWE has been far worse than it is right now.

I think the Bryan/AJ/Punk love triangle has been a breath of fresh air, normally storylines like this don't work in wrestling, but this one has really been compelling, it has kept the fans guessing and more importantly AJ has been a complex nicely rounded female character (hardly seen in modern WWE) and she has been excellent in on the mic and playing the part throughout and it is getting her over as a result.

(in reply to Frank Castle)
Post #: 8215
RE: WWE - 14/7/2012 11:29:14 AM   
Wild about Wilder

Don't know about TNA every time the Styles storyline comes up I just wanna go.
Also isn't Spike tv which it's aired on having trouble in the US.

Post #: 8216
RE: WWE - 14/7/2012 7:48:00 PM   
Sledge Hammer

basically Spike has been dropped from its parent channel (directTV) basically leaving TNA without a national TV deal as far as I can tell.

However, it is Spikes highest rated ~(or one of) shows so can see it getting a home elsewhere quickly.

And TNA > WWE for about 6 months IMO. If anyone is interested I did an interview with Austin Aries just before he won the belt last week - http://v2journal.com/interview-with-austin-aries.html

Check it out!

Post #: 8217
RE: WWE - 16/7/2012 12:52:06 AM   
ElephantBoy

Thing is TNA has been on a row on ppv for the last few months, but the problem is they still don't know how to come up with interesting characters, storylines or feuds to sell the big shows. Things are heading in the right direction but they still have many more problems than WWE. There is a TNA thread to discuss these things and since they are finally getting their act together I will be happy to be a part of it

Now lets have some MITB talk!

Post #: 8218
RE: WWE - 16/7/2012 11:11:10 AM   
Wild about Wilder

Well last nights Money In The Bank Finale came as no surprise apart from the fact that old twat features took hardly any hits especially from a ladder? Spose Vince couldn't risk anything happening to the Golden 1.
Another classic from Punk & Bryan (Stealing the show AGAIN!) & excellent Smackdown M.I.T.B saved it from being a rather poor PPV.

Post #: 8219
RE: WWE - 19/7/2012 9:56:26 PM   
ElephantBoy

I will comment further on MITB tomorrow but basically I thought it was a very forgettable ppv which was saved by the two title matches.

Post #: 8220
Page:   <<   < prev  272 273 [274] 275 276   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: WWE Page: <<   < prev  272 273 [274] 275 276   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI