Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: WWE

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: WWE Page: <<   < prev  271 272 [273] 274 275   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: WWE - 23/3/2012 5:29:06 PM   
Jeffrey

The Undertaker bald:
http://i.imgur.com/eJfQo.jpg

Wong Kar-wai News:

http://wongkarwainews.wordpress.com/

Wrestling gifs tumblr:

http://ilovewrestlinggifs.tumblr.com/

(in reply to S. C. Lee)
Post #: 8161
RE: WWE - 24/3/2012 8:26:39 AM   
Dirk Miggler

Only seen the Ryder, Swagger match on smackdown so far but there was more wrestling in that one match than the whole of the last show of Raw.

(in reply to Jeffrey)
Post #: 8162
RE: WWE - 24/3/2012 7:20:33 PM   
ElephantBoy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dirk Miggler

Only seen the Ryder, Swagger match on smackdown so far but there was more wrestling in that one match than the whole of the last show of Raw.

Wasn't a great match through was it. Started poorly, then got better in the middle, but the finish was very sloppy. I like Swagger, but really don't see what people see in Ryder, he has a very limtied move set, is clumsy and has a naff gimmick.

I wouldn't bother with this weeks SD if I were you. It did nothing to get me excited about Mania, and in fact felt more like a post-mania show rather than one of the final stops on the road to the big event. The booking of the World Title feud has hit a all time low, with that horrible comedy segment involving AJ/Bryan/Sheamus. The World title was barely mentioned during the whole thing and nothing gave you the impression that Sheamus would be one to watch in years to come.

(in reply to Dirk Miggler)
Post #: 8163
RE: WWE - 25/3/2012 10:34:35 PM   
Dirk Miggler

quote:

ORIGINAL: ElephantBoy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dirk Miggler

Wasn't a great match through was it. Started poorly, then got better in the middle, but the finish was very sloppy. I like Swagger, but really don't see what people see in Ryder, he has a very limtied move set, is clumsy and has a naff gimmick.

I wouldn't bother with this weeks SD if I were you. It did nothing to get me excited about Mania, and in fact felt more like a post-mania show rather than one of the final stops on the road to the big event. The booking of the World Title feud has hit a all time low, with that horrible comedy segment involving AJ/Bryan/Sheamus. The World title was barely mentioned during the whole thing and nothing gave you the impression that Sheamus would be one to watch in years to come.

I checked out the full show today, yeah I agree about the match. It just shows the sorry state wrestlings in at the minute. I remember watching Raw and never knowing what was gonna go down, anything could happen.

(in reply to ElephantBoy)
Post #: 8164
RE: WWE - 26/3/2012 3:58:18 PM   
Jeffrey

Once in a Lifetime: The Rock vs. John Cena doc:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1sLPHOU7_sI

Wong Kar-wai News:

http://wongkarwainews.wordpress.com/

Wrestling gifs tumblr:

http://ilovewrestlinggifs.tumblr.com/

(in reply to Dirk Miggler)
Post #: 8165
RE: WWE - 31/3/2012 7:43:54 PM   
Ripper

Ordered wrestlemania, mainly on the strength of the HiaC fight. Anyway, there is next to no chance of me getting home from work in time to see the opening bout (likely to be Jericho/Punk) so can I Sky Plus it?

I think we can all agree, history is in the past

- George Dubya Bush

Some say he only knows two things about ducks .... and both of them are wrong

(in reply to Ripper)
Post #: 8166
RE: WWE - 31/3/2012 7:47:48 PM   
Professor Moriarty

Gonna give Wrestlemania a go. Suspect I'll be asleep by 1.30

(in reply to Ripper)
Post #: 8167
RE: WWE - 31/3/2012 7:48:43 PM   
Ripper

Any takers for my question?

- George Dubya Bush

(in reply to Ripper)
Post #: 8168
RE: WWE - 31/3/2012 8:26:11 PM   
S. C. Lee

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ripper

Ordered wrestlemania, mainly on the strength of the HiaC fight. Anyway, there is next to no chance of me getting home from work in time to see the opening bout (likely to be Jericho/Punk) so can I Sky Plus it?

It depends on how you order it - if you order it through your box - yes, phone line - no, it wouldn't let me record it when I bought it via the phone, as far as I know you can't record the HD version (you can only watch it live.)

As I said before, I won't be watching, not for 15 but enjoy.

< Message edited by S. C. Lee -- 31/3/2012 8:38:39 PM >

(in reply to Ripper)
Post #: 8169
RE: WWE - 31/3/2012 8:27:14 PM   
Ripper

So if I sky plus it, I'll get the SD version? I can deal with that

- George Dubya Bush

(in reply to S. C. Lee)
Post #: 8170
RE: WWE - 31/3/2012 8:32:20 PM   
S. C. Lee

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ripper

So if I sky plus it, I'll get the SD version? I can deal with that

That's what happened when I ordered events in the past, so unless they've changed it. If you order and put the event on record then you'll know. If it doesn't let you record it you'll have to catch the opening match the next day (or through the week.) Repeats are free all week.

(in reply to Ripper)
Post #: 8171
RE: WWE - 31/3/2012 11:16:35 PM   
jcthefirst

I don't really care about wrestling, but I really want to watch The Rock versus John Cena for some reason.

Probably cause I love his Rockness.

@Jonny_C85

My Movie Blog | My Other Various Rantings Blog

(in reply to S. C. Lee)
Post #: 8172
RE: WWE - 1/4/2012 2:51:27 AM   
Spaldron

This wont be on till about 6 in the morning I'm guessing right? Think I may just watch the match from my America Aunt.

And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts
And I looked and behold, a pale horse
And his name that sat on him was Death
And Hell followed with him.

(in reply to jcthefirst)
Post #: 8173
RE: WWE - 1/4/2012 12:58:57 PM   
S. C. Lee

12am till 4am.

(in reply to Spaldron)
Post #: 8174
RE: WWE - 1/4/2012 1:45:05 PM   
Ripper

Fuck all this sky plus shit, I hope buying the event means I can watch the replays. Anyways, to avoid this scenario happening again next year, unless Summer Slam or Survivor Series are rumoured to have great cards this year (and by which I mean that they are on par with this years Mania), I thik a trip to New Jersey for Mania, Axess, HOF and maybe the next Raw is in order.

I never understood why the Raw after last years Survivor Series was in a completely different state). Is anyone up for an Empire Forumite trip stateside?

I'm very serious bro

- George Dubya Bush

(in reply to HIGHLANDER)
Post #: 8175
RE: WWE - 2/4/2012 10:27:33 PM   
Dark Knight

HHH vs Undertaker is one of the finest matches I have seen. A tremendous brawl.

"I'm too tense to speak!" - Borstal

(in reply to Ripper)
Post #: 8176
RE: WWE - 2/4/2012 11:01:39 PM   
TheSpleen

Hell in a cell was great stuff.  I do feel for Bryan Danielson. They make time for pointless skits and dancing mamma's but not for a guy who bust his ass all year. Shame.

(in reply to Dark Knight)
Post #: 8177
RE: WWE - 3/4/2012 12:12:28 AM   
S. C. Lee

Rock vs Cena ...any good?

(in reply to TheSpleen)
Post #: 8178
RE: WWE - 3/4/2012 12:18:42 AM   
TheSpleen

Won't spoil incase people on here still don't know results but personally I think it was pretty flat. A few others have agreed. Cena came out with a huge smile and seemed to take it all as a big joke, hardly the way to walk out to a feud you've yammered on about for 5 years.  And as much as I respect Rock he was out of breath and looked knackered most of the match. A bit of an anti climax.

(in reply to S. C. Lee)
Post #: 8179
RE: WWE - 3/4/2012 12:24:17 AM   
S. C. Lee

I can't believe what happened in the Bryan vs Sheamus match, WWE should be ashamed of themselves. It's false advertising! Just one of the reasons why I no longer watch wrestling.

< Message edited by S. C. Lee -- 3/4/2012 12:27:33 AM >

(in reply to TheSpleen)
Post #: 8180
RE: WWE - 3/4/2012 12:26:58 AM   
S. C. Lee

quote:

ORIGINAL: TheSpleen

Won't spoil incase people on here still don't know results but personally I think it was pretty flat. A few others have agreed. Cena came out with a huge smile and seemed to take it all as a big joke, hardly the way to walk out to a feud you've yammered on about for 5 years. And as much as I respect Rock he was out of breath and looked knackered most of the match. A bit of an anti climax.

Yeah he should stick to films. I saw Journey 2 recently, he was really good. At one point I would have loved to see him in the ring again, but after seeing a few of his recent promos, his character is stale, ten years out of date. He's saying the same things and performing the same moves.

It sounds like Mania had three good matches and the rest was abysmal.

(in reply to TheSpleen)
Post #: 8181
RE: WWE - 3/4/2012 12:32:41 AM   
a_new_power

quote:

ORIGINAL: S. C. Lee

Rock vs Cena ...any good?

The match was ok at best! The Rock seemed out of shape towards the end and Cena was just ok - the problem I have is that Cena has no move list and his submission just looks so unreal and sucky, you just don't buy it. Plus all the near falls in the match had no suspense or intensity to them. As a standalone match I would say it was just, ok.

SPOILER

SPOILER

The fans were hyped and personally I'm glad the Rock won, because the attendance record not only broke Wrestlmania record but also a stadium record and the biggest selling Wrestlmania of all time. Am I crediting just the Rock for that, no! but a large part of it was the Rock rather than anything Cena or Punk have done. Punks match was good and the Undertakers was off the chart. Even though the cell itself was a non-entity, the match was a beautiful way to tell a wrestling story. Plus Undertakers kinda Mohawk look was a nice surprise as I was expecting a total bald or more badass look, also his attire was so God Damn cool!!!

"A coward is a hero with a wife, kids, and a mortgage."

(in reply to S. C. Lee)
Post #: 8182
RE: WWE - 3/4/2012 12:38:05 AM   
a_new_power

quote:

ORIGINAL: S. C. Lee

quote:

Won't spoil incase people on here still don't know results but personally I think it was pretty flat. A few others have agreed. Cena came out with a huge smile and seemed to take it all as a big joke, hardly the way to walk out to a feud you've yammered on about for 5 years. And as much as I respect Rock he was out of breath and looked knackered most of the match. A bit of an anti climax.

Yeah he should stick to films. I saw Journey 2 recently, he was really good. At one point I would have loved to see him in the ring again, but after seeing a few of his recent promos, his character is stale, ten years out of date. He's saying the same things and performing the same moves.

It sounds like Mania had three good matches and the rest was abysmal.

one ok match and two very solid matches - as a whole pay per view, I'd give it 7.5/10 cause the stadium was a nice spectacle to look at and Taker/Shawn/HHH were just an eye to behold as sport entertainers, they were worth 9 of that price of 15.

"A coward is a hero with a wife, kids, and a mortgage."

(in reply to S. C. Lee)
Post #: 8183
RE: WWE - 3/4/2012 7:28:52 AM   
Professor Moriarty

quote:

Hell in a cell was great stuff. I do feel for Bryan Danielson. They make time for pointless skits and dancing mamma's but not for a guy who bust his ass all year. Shame.

You get the feeling he must have pissed off someone in the hierarchy to be treated like that. Was a bad start for me as its one of the matches I was looking forward to.

(in reply to TheSpleen)
Post #: 8184
RE: WWE - 3/4/2012 8:10:31 AM   
Sledge Hammer

Raw spoilers below:

What should be the biggest RAW of the year certainly lived up it on paper. New feuds and new characters:

Brodus introduced to the Ziggler/ Swagger feud by the loks of it.
Lord Tentsay debuted and squashed Alex Riley (how far has he fallen in 12 months)
Lesnar comes out at the end and F5's Cena.
Cody and Show continues.
Punk v Jericho continues.

Having said all that - Tentsay's squash match was very slow. I was really looking forward to Albert returning but it got no buy in from the crowd. I can see him gone in 6 months. Cenas promo was long and boring - more so than usual. Lesnar looked lethargic.

So on paper interesting, in reality I thought it was poorly executed.

new sports forum - http://www.606v2.com

Check it out!

(in reply to Professor Moriarty)
Post #: 8185
RE: WWE - 3/4/2012 12:14:12 PM   
TheSpleen

quote:

ORIGINAL: Professor Moriarty

quote:

Hell in a cell was great stuff.  I do feel for Bryan Danielson. They make time for pointless skits and dancing mamma's but not for a guy who bust his ass all year. Shame.

You get the feeling he must have pissed off someone in the hierarchy to be treated like that. Was a bad start for me as its one of the matches I was looking forward to.

Agreed. Having said that, I was proud of how the fans have reacted on Raw and Mania to his treatment. Non stop chants, great stuff.

(in reply to Professor Moriarty)
Post #: 8186
RE: WWE - 3/4/2012 1:09:14 PM   
S. C. Lee

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Professor Moriarty

quote:

Hell in a cell was great stuff. I do feel for Bryan Danielson. They make time for pointless skits and dancing mamma's but not for a guy who bust his ass all year. Shame.

Agreed. Having said that, I was proud of how the fans have reacted on Raw and Mania to his treatment. Non stop chants, great stuff.

I doubt he pissed anyone off. It's just WWE's way of showing who's in charge, they've done it many, many times throughout history. They bury their talent which makes no sense but they'll never change.

On a different note if ________ is back I may watch it, skim through it (for a while.)

Batista is rumoured to return soon, this tells me one thing, WWE have no faith in their current stars. Also JR is the best commentator of all time ...morons.

< Message edited by S. C. Lee -- 3/4/2012 2:01:57 PM >

(in reply to TheSpleen)
Post #: 8187
RE: WWE - 3/4/2012 4:09:21 PM   
Wild about Wilder

Oh dear think WWE misjudged their audience (again!) or what?
What with all the Daniel Bryan chants & the poor old Big White getting booed off!

< Message edited by Wild about Wilder -- 3/4/2012 4:10:57 PM >

(in reply to S. C. Lee)
Post #: 8188
RE: WWE - 3/4/2012 4:19:37 PM   
TheSpleen

Yep I think poor old Sheamus will pay the price for bad booking. 

(in reply to Wild about Wilder)
Post #: 8189
RE: WWE - 3/4/2012 7:53:59 PM   
ChickMagnet

Sweet son of a....... WWE picked the right night to bring Lesnar back, that pop was up there with Punk in Chicago and RVD at One Night Stand.

I'm eager to see where they go with this as that was a really strong Raw, the Lesnar return was amazing, the crowds constant chanting for Bryan really made the night, and other than the lacklustre A-Train re-debut there wasn't anything I could fault on the show.

(in reply to TheSpleen)
Post #: 8190
Page:   <<   < prev  271 272 [273] 274 275   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: WWE Page: <<   < prev  271 272 [273] 274 275   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI