Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: WWE

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: WWE Page: <<   < prev  269 270 [271] 272 273   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: WWE - 7/11/2011 2:34:22 AM   
Ripper

Bought the rivalries blu ray last night, looking forward to it coming here on Tuesday, I have Wednesday off, so that and Modern Warfare 3 will be my day basically. If I had a potty I might not even leave my bed.

Does anyone know if Madison Square Garden is friendly to people with the benefit of flash photography?

quote:

ORIGINAL: ChickMagnet

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ripper

quote:

For all you WWE T-shirt afficionado's like myself out there, I have some bad news, the CM Punk 'Best in the World' T-Shirt will not be sold in the UK, I e-mailed wweeuroshop yesterday and they replied that they won't be stocking it however they will be getting other 'simplified designs' for that Superstar.

So with that said....................... anyone going to a WWE Event in the US soon fancy getting me one? nudge nudge wink wink

I'm off to Survivor Series in 3 weeks, if they don't stock it in Madison Square Garden I'd be surprised, particually as I am a bit wonky priority wise and this was a major reason to go instead of some cheapo live event over here.

Indeed, I almost got tickets for the UK tour completely for the reason of getting it, before I realised that Euroshop stock the UK events, not the WWE. It looks like I'm going to have to pay a ricockulous amount of Cash to get one from ebay and run the risks of it being fake, I've only got a Maestro Card and good ole WWEShop doesn't accept those.

Send me a pm with your adress so I have somewhere to send all my junk mail.

Also where to send the BEST IN THE WORLD t shirt if I can pick one up for you in 2 weeks.

< Message edited by Ripper -- 7/11/2011 2:38:50 AM >

I think we can all agree, history is in the past

- George Dubya Bush

Some say he only knows two things about ducks .... and both of them are wrong

(in reply to ChickMagnet)
Post #: 8101
RE: WWE - 10/11/2011 2:00:47 AM   
Ripper

Not that I'm trying to shirk my responsabilities but looky looky ....

http://www.wweeuroshop.com/products.asp?cat=0

- George Dubya Bush

(in reply to Ripper)
Post #: 8102
RE: WWE - 19/11/2011 12:38:10 PM   
ChickMagnet

quote:

Not that I'm trying to shirk my responsabilities but looky looky ....

http://www.wweeuroshop.com/products.asp?cat=0

SQUEE!!!!!!!!!

I'm guessing you're offline Ripper so I'll hold off purchasing till I hear from ya!

Predictions for tomorrow night?

Sadly Eve's winning the Diva's belt I think.
Ryder to get added to the US Title match on the night however Ziggler to retain by pinning Morrison.
Team Orton to win, Sheamus being the sole survivor.
Punk to beat Del Rio for the belt.
Henry to win by DQ when Big Show gets pissed and lays him out repeatedly, and then we'll have our first unsuccessful MITB cash-in, Henry retains.
Rock/Cena to win, Cena to lay Rocky out after the match.

(in reply to Ripper)
Post #: 8103
RE: WWE - 21/11/2011 7:11:13 PM   
ElephantBoy

Well since I know nothing about what happened last night I can chip in too.

Cena/Rock to win the main event, but for there to be tension during and after the match.
Punk to win the title.
Henry to retain and to go over clear (BTW why would Bryan cash in when he has always said he would do so at Mania?)
Beth to retain.
Team Orton to win with Randy, Sheamus and Sin Cara as the survivors.
John Morrison to win the U.S. Title only to lose it to Zack Ryder.

Post #: 8104
RE: WWE - 21/11/2011 10:01:33 PM   
ChickMagnet

quote:

ORIGINAL: ElephantBoy

Cena/Rock to win the main event, but for there to be tension during and after the match.
Punk to win the title.
Henry to retain and to go over clear (BTW why would Bryan cash in when he has always said he would do so at Mania?)
Beth to retain.

I just get the feeling that since he almost cashed in on Henry a few weeks ago its coming soon.

Throw in that I think Vince saw the Money in the Bank PPV as a test to see what would happen if the net got their way, I mean look at the results on the night, Christian, Punk, Bryan and Del Rio winning, all of which were what the Internet wanted. I don't think it gave a huge increase in ratings so he'll slowly take the results away from everyone again, starting with Christian and now Bryan.

(in reply to ElephantBoy)
Post #: 8105
RE: WWE - 13/12/2011 4:31:02 PM   
Ripper

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: ElephantBoy

Punk to win the title.
Beth to retain.

I just get the feeling that since he almost cashed in on Henry a few weeks ago its coming soon.

Throw in that I think Vince saw the Money in the Bank PPV as a test to see what would happen if the net got their way, I mean look at the results on the night, Christian, Punk, Bryan and Del Rio winning, all of which were what the Internet wanted. I don't think it gave a huge increase in ratings so he'll slowly take the results away from everyone again, starting with Christian and now Bryan.

I havent seen the broadcast version of Survivor Series, but at the end of the Big Slow vs Henry match, the 'CASH IT IN!' chant was near deafening

- George Dubya Bush

Post #: 8106
RE: WWE - 13/12/2011 5:02:03 PM   
Ripper

OK I've made you guys wait over 3 weeks for this, here is a report on my trip to the Survivor Series 2011.

First things first, the last event I went to was WWF Insurxion back in 2000, they still used the physical titantrons back in those days, so as soon as I got into the arena part of MSG and looked to see if the tron for this event would be any different, all I saw was a black space where the entrance would be. Strange to think that those things can actually turn off and be stealthy in the middle of 17 000 people.

Our seats were pretty far back, nearly the back of our section but it was a great view with the added bonus of the khazi and concessions being only a few feet away. The best part was a racist 7 year old sitting behind us. At first I was a little worried that I'd have to spend the 3 hours watching my mouth, especially with me and my mate determined to start a 'shes a crack whore' chant. Bring the (real) ECW.

But during the dark match, as soon as Santino had come to the ring and cut his promo, Jinder Mahal came to the ring cutting a promo on his way. The kid screamed 'stop speaking Indian you freak!!!'. Me and my mate looked at each other, suddenly we both agreed that implying sexual deviance and drug abuse could be freely used.

The moment of the night was of course The Rock's. I felt the electricity flowing through the Garden singing New York, New York. Well, I enjoyed it, but as for feeling the metaphorical electricity, possibly not. That would be before the event began where a bunch of other fans in the main concourse were chanting for dead wrestlers and when they got onto Umaga, me and my mate turned around and went 'REALLY?'. I then suggested Owen Hart, but I'm not sure they'd even heard of him. Although I can't remember if they did a chant for Chris Benoit too.

The biggest surprise was the fact that the fans in the arena were around early - mid 20s in the main. Yes, there was a group who hadn't heard of Owen Hart and one racist little kid, but the most of us were not exactly WWE's core age demographic. It was mainly like being in an arena with the smarks of this forum.

Also the spontanious groups who would start my two favourite chants:

1 WOO WOO WOO YOU KNOW IT

and

2 CENA SUCKS/NO, CENA SWALLOWS

The smark:mark ratio was overwhelmingly in the better position.

To be continued ...

- George Dubya Bush

(in reply to Ripper)
Post #: 8107
RE: WWE - 13/12/2011 5:43:02 PM   
Jeffrey

Wong Kar-wai News:

http://wongkarwainews.wordpress.com/

Wrestling gifs tumblr:

http://ilovewrestlinggifs.tumblr.com/

(in reply to Ripper)
Post #: 8108
RE: WWE - 7/1/2012 12:28:51 PM   
Rotary Ten

quote:

The best part was a racist 7 year old sitting behind us. At first I was a little worried that I'd have to spend the 3 hours watching my mouth, especially with me and my mate determined to start a 'shes a crack whore' chant. Bring the (real) ECW.

But during the dark match, as soon as Santino had come to the ring and cut his promo, Jinder Mahal came to the ring cutting a promo on his way. The kid screamed 'stop speaking Indian you freak!!!'. Me and my mate looked at each other, suddenly we both agreed that implying sexual deviance and drug abuse could be freely used.

So racism is wrong, but casual misogyny is okay with you is it? It doesn't become acceptable just because there's a racist chant, although by the sounds of it, you were clearly intending to hurl abuse at women anyway. So thanks. If people like you and the 7-year-old are the kind of people who go to WWE events, you've just given me two very good reasons never to go to one. If it gets rid of chants like that, WWE's PG direction is totally justified.

(in reply to Ripper)
Post #: 8109
RE: WWE - 10/1/2012 1:35:50 PM   
ChickMagnet

Back to the Wrestling - I've only seen it on Youtube but Brodus Clay aka funkasaurus? I'm, sold!

(in reply to Rotary Ten)
Post #: 8110
RE: WWE - 10/1/2012 6:53:39 PM   
parsonage84

quote:

Back to the Wrestling - I've only seen it on Youtube but Brodus Clay aka funkasaurus? I'm, sold!

Was quite funny in a i cant really believe what i am seeing kinda of way

The Jerk store called, they're running out of you

the King forever rembered 1958 - 2009

Post #: 8111
RE: WWE - 10/1/2012 7:02:15 PM   
ChickMagnet

quote:

ORIGINAL: parsonage84

quote:

Was quite funny in a i cant really believe what i am seeing kinda of way

Somebody Call My Momma!

(in reply to parsonage84)
Post #: 8112
RE: WWE - 12/1/2012 3:41:35 PM   
Rotary Ten

quote:

I've only seen it on Youtube but Brodus Clay aka funkasaurus? I'm, sold!

No deal. I didn't like Flash Funk at the time and I don't like this now. Clay's entrance was exactly the same. I hate it when gimmicks get rehashed like this.

Post #: 8113
RE: WWE - 12/1/2012 5:01:41 PM   
parsonage84

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rotary Ten

quote:

No deal. I didn't like Flash Funk at the time and I don't like this now. Clay's entrance was exactly the same. I hate it when gimmicks get rehashed like this.

Prefer this to him just coming out and being billed as another monster who just destroys people, already got Mark Henry and Kane for that, least this is something a bit to anyone else on the current roster

(in reply to Rotary Ten)
Post #: 8114
RE: WWE - 12/1/2012 6:09:23 PM   
ChickMagnet

quote:

quote:

quote:

Prefer this to him just coming out and being billed as another monster who just destroys people, already got Mark Henry and Kane for that, least this is something a bit to anyone else on the current roster

I'm with Parsonage on this one, I used to love Ernest Miller back in t'day and this is just a big fat white guy doing the same, I know the wrestling isn't going to be great but dagnammit its fun and isn't that what wrestling is meant to be all about?

Post #: 8115
RE: WWE - 12/1/2012 9:42:24 PM   
parsonage84

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I'm with Parsonage on this one, I used to love Ernest Miller back in t'day and this is just a big fat white guy doing the same, I know the wrestling isn't going to be great but dagnammit its fun and isn't that what wrestling is meant to be all about?

Exactly always good to have someone who can bring a bit fun to the ring, why i enjoy watching the Big Show always looks like he is always having fun when hes out there

Post #: 8116
RE: WWE - 25/1/2012 1:22:14 PM   
ChickMagnet

Well its Rumble time! (aka my favourite time of the Wrestling year). Does anyone have any predictions? The rumour going round is that they're going to have Jericho come out as number 2, hype up the crowd and then leave under the bottom rope, followed by a Bret/Luger finish this time with Barrett and Orton then Jericho comes out, gets announced as winner as he was never eliminated and also break the record for longest time survived in the Rumble, and personally I'd love this.

Post #: 8117
RE: WWE - 25/1/2012 2:15:36 PM   
TheSpleen

I think Jericho in that scenario works perfect. I was kinda hoping he wouldn't utter a single word until the mania build up to his (Hoepful) match with Punk.

Also, is it me or is Ryder being punished for getting himself over? Ugh.

Post #: 8118
RE: WWE - 26/1/2012 1:42:06 PM   
ChickMagnet

quote:

ORIGINAL: TheSpleen

I think Jericho in that scenario works perfect. I was kinda hoping he wouldn't utter a single word until the mania build up to his (Hoepful) match with Punk.

Apparently (though this may be wrong), the reason Ryder isn't on TV is that WWE have picked up Z! Long Island Story for the WWE Network and he's away filming.

There's also a possibility that other than a few soundbites they're going to have Jericho do NOTHING till Mania.

(in reply to TheSpleen)
Post #: 8119
RE: WWE - 26/1/2012 1:59:23 PM   
Ripper

quote:

quote:

The best part was a racist 7 year old sitting behind us. At first I was a little worried that I'd have to spend the 3 hours watching my mouth, especially with me and my mate determined to start a 'shes a crack whore' chant. Bring the (real) ECW.

So racism is wrong, but casual misogyny is okay with you is it? It doesn't become acceptable just because there's a racist chant, although by the sounds of it, you were clearly intending to hurl abuse at women anyway. So thanks. If people like you and the 7-year-old are the kind of people who go to WWE events, you've just given me two very good reasons never to go to one. If it gets rid of chants like that, WWE's PG direction is totally justified.

Have you ever even seen wrestling before? Or heard of the word context?

- George Dubya Bush

(in reply to Rotary Ten)
Post #: 8120
RE: WWE - 26/1/2012 7:03:37 PM   
TheSpleen

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: TheSpleen

Apparently (though this may be wrong), the reason Ryder isn't on TV is that WWE have picked up Z! Long Island Story for the WWE Network and he's away filming.

There's also a possibility that other than a few soundbites they're going to have Jericho do NOTHING till Mania.

If they manage that with Jericho I'd be so happy. Ha.

Post #: 8121
RE: WWE - 27/1/2012 4:41:38 PM   
Harry Exton

quote:

quote:

Flashfunk. A man whose walk to the ring generally lasted for longer than his fights did.

30 seconds in to your future......

(in reply to Rotary Ten)
Post #: 8122
RE: WWE - 28/1/2012 8:38:40 AM   
Sledge Hammer

the latest rumours about the rumble are:

Punk will win the rumble match having lost the title earlier in the night

new sports forum - http://www.606v2.com

Check it out!

(in reply to Harry Exton)
Post #: 8123
RE: WWE - 28/1/2012 10:22:41 AM   
ChickMagnet

There's so many rumours going round at the minute, there's the Punk one, there's the Jericho one, there's Daniel Bryan winning whilst still being champion (remember EVERY WWE Superstar is eligible) and challenging Punk to a unification match, then there's HHH winning and saving Lauranitis's job because he'd then have an ally at Mania.

To be honest this is one of the first Rumb;e's where I don't know for certain who's winning it.

(in reply to Sledge Hammer)
Post #: 8124
RE: WWE - 28/1/2012 8:50:04 PM   
Coyleone

Rumble should be good, I have no idea what's going to happen. WWE ha sbeen entertaining so fra this year, but road to wrestlemania is always good for the most part. Punk being top dog is so awesome for someone who's followed him since 2005.

Post #: 8125
RE: WWE - 29/1/2012 6:06:19 PM   
ElephantBoy

It looks like the most open rumble match in years to me, with a number of different possible winners. I would say it will either be Jericho or Sheamus walking out the victor. Sheamus because a rumble match win is the next logical step to move him to the next level, and Jericho because of his latest push and timing of it, also he is one of the bigger names not yet to win one. I will go for Y2J, which I wouldn't mind that much although it would be a big statement if someone like Sheamus or Barrett were to win. Quite like the idea of any wrestler being able to enter the match, it adds a nice twist to the match and keeps things unpredictable. The Punk idea is an intertesting one, the flaw with it is that Ziggler is not ready to be WWE Champion and Punk deserves to hold the title until Mania at least.

The WWE Tite match is certainly the pick of the under card and should be given about twenty minutes to build. Not so keen on the World Title epsically with it being in a cage, as long as Bryan wins and it is not made to look like a fluke, will be reasonably happy and heel turn should be in his future.

Can take or leave Cena/Kane it is just a match which doesn't grab me, however if it is kept short and booked as a wild brawl, it could be decent.

Really looking forward to tonight, always one of the highlights of the year, and the Rumble match very rarely fails to deliver.

(in reply to Coyleone)
Post #: 8126
RE: WWE - 29/1/2012 7:34:21 PM   
ChickMagnet

I'd say the Punk idea is a good one, but perhaps him winning whilst still being champion? That could happen, are we having predictions on 'surprise entrants'? (By Surprise I'd say not currently under contract and an active performer, so Christian or Del Rio would not be a surprise in my eyes) I'm going for 4 - both New Age Outlaws, John Morrison and Carlito

< Message edited by ChickMagnet -- 29/1/2012 7:35:04 PM >

(in reply to ElephantBoy)
Post #: 8127
RE: WWE - 29/1/2012 7:46:27 PM   
TheSpleen

If the New Age Outlaws appeared I would be so on board! I think if they returned as a cameo they'd get a bigger pop than 99 percent of the current roster.

Post #: 8128
RE: WWE - 29/1/2012 7:55:04 PM   
ChickMagnet

I'd say its pretty much a given that Road Dogg will be in it, what with him having a backstage job there now, but then that also gives you the chance that *shudder* X-Pac is making an appearance

(in reply to TheSpleen)
Post #: 8129
RE: WWE - 30/1/2012 2:29:53 PM   
chambanzi

SPOILERS

Well just finished watching the Rumble and I have some compliments and criticisms to give. Bryan retained by escape which I think we all predicted, this was good and I hope he manages to retain somehow until WM where he can face Sheamus. However I can see Barrett winning the belt in the elimination chamber and facing Sheamus at WM.
Cena/Kane was what it was and I hope they fully turn Cena heel but I have a feeling once he turns heel all the haters will love him and all the lovers will hate him
The WWE title match was good, you have to wonder where they are going to go with Ziggler now as I can see Jericho winning at elimination chamber to feud with Punk. I am sure Ziggler will be fine though, he has had a good year thus far.

The Rumble itself annoyed me, first off the entrants came out too fast. Secondly a lot of huge stars like Cena, Kane and even guys like Clay weren't in the match yet there was a ton of waste in there e.g. Jim Duggan, Jey Uso and the announcers. Had you spread out guys like Cena, Kane and Clay then there would have been more star power throughout the match. The whole thing felt tremendously rushed.
I do like the result of Sheamus winning as he was on a role winning the WWE championship title twice then winning KOTR but having a huge winning streak after with no title in sight. With this win and winning the world heavyweight title at WM Sheamus would be a truly certified main eventer close to that level of Cena/Orton.
I enjoyed seeing Miz, Rhodes and Ziggler with good performances. Rhodes got the most eliminations and he was definitely the guy I was rooting for. I think he will win MITB this year though.
I expected Jericho to win but that does not mean I'm disappointed. That last brawl between Sheamus and Jericho was what the Rumble should have had more of, outright awesome tension.

< Message edited by chambanzi -- 30/1/2012 2:30:12 PM >

Post #: 8130
Page:   <<   < prev  269 270 [271] 272 273   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: WWE Page: <<   < prev  269 270 [271] 272 273   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI