Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

why oh why

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> why oh why Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
why oh why - 16/5/2008 7:30:59 PM   
sheldo

It can only be bad, bad I say!!!!!

DD was a classic (well, maybe I wouldn't go that far) but to make a sequel when there is no need, is so wrong! As long as it doesn't try to explain what happened in the first one it might be ok... it can't be any worse than the directors cut...

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 91
WEll AT LEAST THERE NOT RE-MAKING IT! - 16/5/2008 8:24:19 PM   
princemadonna

These days, with Platinum Dunes re-making every classic or iconic film ever, just be lucky they're doing a sequal and not a re-make. Mind you - give Michael Bay a few years and you never know what the greedy git will destroy next.

Post #: 92
WEll AT LEAST THEY'RE NOT RE-MAKING IT! - 16/5/2008 8:25:04 PM   
princemadonna

These days, with Platinum Dunes re-making every classic or iconic film ever, just be lucky they're doing a sequal and not a re-make. Mind you - give Michael Bay a few years and you never know what the greedy git will destroy next. All studios care about is money, we'll have to get used to it or boycott these films.

Post #: 93
WEll AT LEAST THEY'RE NOT RE-MAKING IT! - 16/5/2008 8:27:36 PM   
princemadonna

These days, with Platinum Dunes re-making every classic or iconic film ever, just be lucky they're doing a sequal and not a re-make. Mind you - give Michael Bay a few years and you never know what the greedy git will destroy next. All studios care about is money, we'll have to get used to it or boycott these films.

Post #: 94
WEll AT LEAST THEY'RE NOT RE-MAKING IT! - 16/5/2008 8:29:09 PM   
princemadonna

Post #: 95
If they call it something else...... - 17/5/2008 11:04:18 AM   
blackholesun12

......then i don't mind the film being made. I can understand what they are trying to do by making a sequel, but as others have said and as empire has said why make a sequel when there are no loose ends. The film could work on many different levels. We could see that because donnie did die at the end of the first this has created a new disturbance in a tangent and has effected life in the future for his youngest sister who starts going through the same phase he once went through.
my final thought on this film at the moment: they can either succeed and give the shining beacon that is dd a new light, or they can fail miserably.

Post #: 96
We just have to treat this as completely seperate from ... - 26/10/2009 6:33:24 AM   
Rare_groove

To be honest, I am really looking foward to seeing this film. Why oh why!? one of the most iportant aspects of DD for me was the soundtrack, New Rave tunes at its best- Joy Division, Tears for Fears among the lot. And also the amazing tunes produced by Micahe Andrews. The whole 80's era feel to the film is made by the music.
Anyways.. S.Darko is set in what? mid 90's? Holy shit, does this mean Nirvana/Sonic Youth/Yo La Tengo/Queens of the Stone Age?
I suerly hope so...

Post #: 97
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> why oh why Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI