Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: LUCIO FULCI The Godfather of Gore.

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Actors And Auteurs >> RE: LUCIO FULCI The Godfather of Gore. Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: LUCIO FULCI The Godfather of Gore. - 30/5/2008 1:19:17 PM   
Dr Lenera

Nice one Bill  [the way we're going we'll get through all of Fulci's movies!].  I think House By The Cemetery is his second best too.  It has probably the scariest zombie [well,sort of] in cinema history and some poetic scenes amongst all the suspense and gore.  I've had a DVD for years of this,and was watching it the other evening,the wife comes home and it's during the 'poker' scene.  She looks at the screen for a few seconds with distaste,shakes her head and says "another Fulci film" and goes upstairs.    Brilliant.

< Message edited by Dr Lenera -- 30/5/2008 1:20:04 PM >

check out more of my reviews on http://horrorcultfilms.co.uk/

(in reply to evil bill)
Post #: 31
RE: LUCIO FULCI The Godfather of Gore. - 1/6/2008 1:20:23 PM   
evil bill

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dr Lenera

Nice one Bill  [the way we're going we'll get through all of Fulci's movies!].  I think House By The Cemetery is his second best too.  It has probably the scariest zombie [well,sort of] in cinema history and some poetic scenes amongst all the suspense and gore.  I've had a DVD for years of this,and was watching it the other evening,the wife comes home and it's during the 'poker' scene.  She looks at the screen for a few seconds with distaste,shakes her head and says "another Fulci film" and goes upstairs.    Brilliant.

SNAP!!!i get the same reaction from my wife too,and also the Argento movies,but at least she'll watch the odd Argento movie but Fulic is a big NO!
I'll be doing a review of City Of the Living Dead soon.

"You listen to me now,i will find you and i will kill you!"

(in reply to Dr Lenera)
Post #: 32
RE: LUCIO FULCI The Godfather of Gore. - 1/6/2008 6:30:10 PM   
Dr Lenera

I was in a shop in London called the Cinema Store the other day and picked up Seven Black Notes so will post a review of that soon.  I read once that Tarantino considers it Fulci's best and I'm sure I've seen bits of an Italian language-only copy many years ago.  Should be interesting!  City Of The Living Dead is of course another classic-brilliantly atmospheric as well as gory !

Add to that the missus came home with The Black Cat and Aenigma R2 DVDs this lunchtime as presents for me,so she can't hate Fulci THAT much.  I'm currently off work with depression,so plenty of time to review them! 

< Message edited by Dr Lenera -- 2/6/2008 2:23:11 PM >

(in reply to evil bill)
Post #: 33
RE: LUCIO FULCI The Godfather of Gore. - 2/6/2008 3:41:42 PM   
Dr Lenera

THE PSYCHIC
Italy 1959,a young psychic girl called Virginia sees her mother throw herself off a cliff in England. 18Years later the adult Virginia keeps having fragmented visions which put together seem to be of a murder. When she moves into an old villa with her husband,she finds a room with many of the objects in her visions and then a skeleton walled up,evidence of a murder many years ago. However,things are not that simple-the murderer is still around,the victim seems to be still alive and it's possible that the visions were not of the past but the........

Unless of course you saw it during it's limited US cinema release where the scene was cut out, The Psychic opens with a head bashing against a cliff, in a scene reminiscent of the ending to Don't Torture A Duckling. This gives the impression it's going to bea pretty gory movie, and in fact it was this scene that got Lucio Fulci the job of directing Zombie, which finally gave him some measure of fame and led to him becoming one of the major [and one of the most controversial] horror directors of the first half of the 80s.  That scene is deceptive, as the film actually turns out to be a mystery drama with supernatural touches. It reminded me of Don't Look Now and there are also elements of the Edgar Allan Poe story The Black Cat which of course Fulci filmed [very oddly] a few years later.

The film is extremely talky but with such a complex plot that keeps you guessing and a twist every 15 mins, it certainly isn't boring.  Fulci, Roberto Gianviti and Dardano Saccheti [who later scripted The Beyond and other classics] crafted a clever story that all makes sense at the end, and is not only carefully constructed the story is an oppurtunity for Fulci to show how clever a director he can be-he often shows 'clues' but omits one detail, shows other 'clues' which actually don't end up mattering much and, although the film is mostly from Virginia's point of view, occasionally shows us things she couldn't have seen, giving us the  impression we are being told more...an impression which is usually false!  Some may find some things a bit of a cheat, but I love being manipulated in this way.

Virginia's visions are evocatively filmed and Fulci does throw in one great suspense sequence near the end in a church-he really was good at this sort of thing.  Jennifer O Neill is a great anguished heroine,though pretty she was never much of an actress, but she's fine here. A shame that her best performance is largely unseeen. there are some beautifully composed shots in Sergio Salvita's cinematography which look like Mario Bava  [no higher praise!!], and the diverse score, some of it written by Fabio Frizzi who went on to do great work on Zombie etc,is very effective [one piece was later used in Kill Bill.   A shame about the syrupy theme song, but perhaps this was used intended to be ironic, something Italian horror/thriller films often did [i.e.Night Train Murders].

Quentin Tarantino thinks this is Fulci's best film and I wouldn't go that far-the tale is essentially very simple, just told in a convoluted way, and in retrospect seems stretched out, while the idea of having most of the Italian cast speak English with their actual voices is commendable but sometimes makes it hard to understand everything that is being said due to the accents-a major flaw in a movie where new information is being given out all the time. Still,this is another sadly neglected film by this sadly neglected director that deserves to be better known, and once again show Fulci was not just good at zombies and extreme gore!
8/10

< Message edited by Dr Lenera -- 12/10/2010 9:28:18 PM >

(in reply to Dr Lenera)
Post #: 34
RE: LUCIO FULCI The Godfather of Gore. - 3/6/2008 8:04:37 PM   
evil bill

CITY OF THE LIVING DEAD (aka The Gates Of Hell)-1980 

In A small church cemetery in Dunwich New England,a priest hangs himself,and by this act releases the dead to take over the city.This has caused one of the seven gates of hell to be torn open,and in three days the dead shall walk the earth.A reporter Peter(Christopher George of PIECES)and a psychic Mary(Catriona MacColl of THE BEYOND)race to close the portals of the dead,before the feast of All Saints Day,otherwise all over the world the dead will rise.

This is one brilliant hallucinogenic Lovecraft/Poe influenced zombie horror masterpiece,featuring some great gore/shocking horror.It opens with the psychic Mary having visions of a priest hanging himself,she goes into shock,and seems to die.She is half buried alive,as the grave diggers decide to call it a day and leave the job half done.A reporter Peter who is following the case has stayed behind,and hears muffled screams from the coffin,he grabs a pick Axe and frees the woman.This is straight from the crazed mind of Poe,and sets the pace for this visually horrific but stunning movie,and as you expect from Fulci it just gets more horrific.A young tearaway visits a desolate house,wear he finds a blow up doll that begins to inflate itself,but before he can have some fun the sight of a rotted bays corpse scares him away.Across the town mirrors crack,walls split,a cat turns on it's owner,a girl comes across the living maggot covered corpse of the hanged priest.He turns up again on a young couple,one pucks up her guts,and the boyfriend has his head ripped off,and as All Saints Day approaches all hell breaks loose.This is what Gindhouse is all about and led to the making of the modern day Planet Terror/Death Proof,it has it all strange ghostly visions,over sexed teens,driller killing,maggots,living dead,lots of gut spilling all done it pure Italian dark macabre over the top style.This was the opening movie in the unofficial Lucio Fulci Gates of Hell trilogy,the other two being The Beyond and House By The Cemetery.Like the other two movies,there is no escape for our hero's,no happy ending,just the dark closing in leaving us to our nightmares.It is a weird twisted powerhouse of a movie,not for the faint hearted,or those that do not like there sub conscious mind invaded by nightmare images.By the way watch out for Lucio as the pathologist Dr Joe Thompson,and the score once again shreds the nerves.

(in reply to Dr Lenera)
Post #: 35
RE: LUCIO FULCI The Godfather of Gore. - 22/6/2008 12:25:24 PM   
evil bill

Finlay got round to watching Don't Torture A Duckling,and i can see why it caused so much outrage in Italy at the time.

(in reply to Dr Lenera)
Post #: 36
RE: LUCIO FULCI The Godfather of Gore. - 24/6/2008 7:31:18 PM   
Dr Lenera

I was gonna review a couple more movies myself but I'm not sure it's worth it,do you think anyone else will post in this thread Bill?!

< Message edited by Dr Lenera -- 24/6/2008 7:32:16 PM >

(in reply to evil bill)
Post #: 37
RE: LUCIO FULCI The Godfather of Gore. - 25/6/2008 5:50:07 PM   
evil bill

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dr Lenera

I was gonna review a couple more movies myself but I'm not sure it's worth it,do you think anyone else will post in this thread Bill?!

Don't know,there seems to be a lack of true Italian horror fans on this form,,or like dj vivace they are a bit busy with studies,or just hav'nt seen enough to do a review like Lndia-H.But there has been over 970 vists so some maybe reading but not giving there thoughts on the reviewsAlso the Weird/Strange thread seems to be where a lot of them would rather post,as it covers all that extreme cinema has to offer,Asian,Italian,British etc,60's,70's 80's etc.
Come on horror fans get those fingers working???

< Message edited by evil bill -- 25/6/2008 5:53:17 PM >

(in reply to Dr Lenera)
Post #: 38
RE: LUCIO FULCI The Godfather of Gore. - 1/9/2008 8:35:53 PM   
evil bill

THIS IS THE NEWS EVERY FULCI FAN HAS BEEN WAITING FOR,it's released on region 0 this 28TH October 2008,fully restored uncut with HD transfer to DVD.$24.95 i'm sure we will be able to get it throught Amazon USA or such.This has been long over due as copy's of Anchor Bays version are fetching 30 to 50 on E Bay,plus just look at the extras,to die for

(in reply to evil bill)
Post #: 39
RE: LUCIO FULCI The Godfather of Gore. - 29/10/2008 8:16:51 PM   
evil bill

For those interested in getting there hands on this classic with all it's extras,it's now avaible from Amazon for 10.79 +P&P.The extras alone are worth the money as detailed earler they incule interview with Lucio.

(in reply to evil bill)
Post #: 40
RE: LUCIO FULCI The Godfather of Gore. - 30/10/2008 8:21:39 PM   
evil bill

Here for my Scotish friend and any other interested parties are some triva on Lucio:
  • Used to be a medical student and an art critic before his career in films.
  • Was an orthodox Marxist.
  • Of the original 74 films on the infamous video nasty list in the United Kingdom, 3 belonged to Fulci: Zombi 2 (1979), The Beyond (1981), and The House by the Cemetery (1981).
  • The New York Ripper (1982) was not only banned from the United Kingdom after its initial release, but all prints of the film were exported from the country.
  • Is commonly referred to as the "Godfather of Gore".
  • "Fulci Lives!" is often exclaimed by fans in adoration of the director and his films.
  • Lucio helped script Inferno for Dario Argento and helped with the makeup effects(gore)without being given credit.This caused the famous riff between the two.
  • Some of Fulci's fans have retroactively argued that at his peak, Fulci's fame and popularity were on a par with that of Dario Argento. Fulci had avoided working with and openly badmouthed over there fallout over Inferno. The two finally agreed to collaborate, but Fulci died before the project was finished and the film, M.D.C. - Maschera di Cera (The Wax Mask, 1997), was eventually directed by Sergio Stivaletti
  • Refused to finish Zombie Flesh Eaters 2 after being tired of working with a terrible script, the film was later finished by an uncredited Bruno Mattei
  • In the British zombie comedy Shaun of the Dead, Shaun tries unsuccessfully to make a reservation at a romantic Italian restaurant called Fulci's.
  • The Spanish death metal/grindcore band Machetazo has a 7" split EP with the band Rise Above entitled "Lucio Fulci", released in 2000 by Sterilized Decay Records. The cover artwork is a photograph of Fulci. Also, in Machetazo' "Maggot Sessions" EP, a portrait of Fulci is featured. The artwork by Dennis Dread represents a tribute to Iron Maiden' "The Number of the Beast" and shows Fulci as Eddie, hanging the three Machetazo members by their intestines. In their interviews, Machetazo members have reported being huge Fulci fans.

< Message edited by evil bill -- 30/10/2008 8:23:17 PM >

(in reply to paul.mccluskey)
Post #: 41
RE: LUCIO FULCI The Godfather of Gore. - 5/6/2009 1:49:53 PM   
evil bill

Had'nt watched Don't Torture A Duckling since VHS days,so brand new restored DVD was finally given a viewing and WOW!!.Forgot how brilliant this movie was,even though it looks a bit dated it's still a great Fulci cult classic worth every penny.

(in reply to Dr Lenera)
Post #: 42
RE: LUCIO FULCI The Godfather of Gore. - 5/6/2009 1:59:30 PM   
paul.mccluskey

House by the Cemetery, in its uncut form, is being released in the UK at the end of June so I'll be picking that up !

< Message edited by paul.mccluskey -- 27/9/2009 1:13:51 PM >

(in reply to evil bill)
Post #: 43
RE: LUCIO FULCI The Godfather of Gore. - 8/6/2009 7:22:56 PM   
evil bill

quote:

ORIGINAL: paul.mccluskey

House by the Cemetary, in its uncut form, is being released in the UK at the end of June so I'll be picking that up !

Have the Blue Underground R1 version,and the VIPCO version i think thats enough for me.Plus three versions of The Beyond.

Post #: 44
RE: LUCIO FULCI The Godfather of Gore. - 17/7/2009 3:07:38 PM   
paul.mccluskey

Well a few days ago, I purchased House by the Cemetery. Here's my review:

Reaction
Lucio Fulci's House by the Cemetery has a notorious past concerning its appearance over the years in the UK. A well-known casualty of Winehouse's "Video Nasty" campaign, the film was cut to ribbons by the British censors and released on video in a shredded form. It was only through the late, great video company Vipco, famous from promoting dark, foreign, sleazy and violent horror pictures that it became a cult classic among British audiences hungry for blood and gore. Now, it has finally been remastered and released in its uncut glory by Arrow Video.

The film is incredibly sadistic yet brilliant. Heads are cut off with bloody galore, and stomachs are penetrated and bleed out in graphic fashion. Yet, Fulci, even though he glorifies the deaths so uniquely, keeps the terror in these sequences to a minimum, instead focusing on the family unit, played by Catriona MacColl (a Fulci regular), Paolo Malco, and Giovanni Frezza, as they are terrorised by an unseen menace which only reveals itself during the film's tense last minutes.

However, this is when the film becomes downright ridiculous. By revealing the evil that is Dr. Freudstein, who is now a deranged zombie, the scares fall flat. The story worked better when the killer remained in the shadows. But the living dead idea that was previously used by Fulci in City of the Living Dead and The Beyond still works well within the story.

Another reason House by the Cemetery fails is when the sub-plot concerning a girl who may or may not be dead visits Bob to warn him about entering the house. This plotline, which is integral to the conclusion of the film, is confusing and does not seem to have been handled well in the editing process.

Besides these flaws, Fulci keeps us gripped from start to finish, and by the end, we are left wondering just what we have seen over the course of 90 minutes.

Overall
The film is silly at times, but good fun, and is a fitting conclusion to the Godfather of Gore's Gates of Hell Trilogy.

< Message edited by paul.mccluskey -- 20/7/2009 7:02:38 PM >

(in reply to evil bill)
Post #: 45
RE: LUCIO FULCI The Godfather of Gore. - 19/7/2009 11:35:30 AM   
evil bill

quote:

ORIGINAL: paul.mccluskey

Well a few days ago, I purchased House by the Cemetery. Here's my review:

Reaction
Lucio Fulci's House by the Cemetery has a notorious past concerning its appearance over the years in the UK. A well-known casualty of Winehouse's "Video Nasty" campaign, the film was cut to ribbons by the British censors and released on video in a shredded form. It was only through the late, great video company Vipco, famous from promoting dark, foreign, sleazy and violent horror pictures that it became a cult classic among British audiences hungry for blood and gore. Now, it has finally been remastered and released in its uncut glory by Arrow Video.

The film is incredibly sadistic yet brilliant. Heads are cut off with bloody galore, and stomachs are penetrated and bleed out in graphic fashion. Yet, Fulci, even though he glorifies the deaths so uniquely, keeps the terror in these sequences to a minimum, instead focusing on the family unit, played by Catriona MacColl (a Fulci regular), Paolo Malco, and Giovanni Frezza, as they are terrorised by an unseen menace which only reveals itself during the film's tense last minutes.

However, this is when the film becomes downright ridiculous. By revealing the evil that is Dr. Freudstein, who is now a deranged zombie, the scares fall flat. The story worked better when the killer remained in the shadows. But the living dead idea that was previously used by Fulci in City of the Living Dead and The Beyond still works well within the story.

Another reason House by the Cemetery fails is when the sub-plot concerning a girl who may or may not be dead visits Bob to warn him about entering the house. This plotline, which is integral to the conclusion of the film, is confusing and does not seem to have been handled well in the editing process.

Besides these flaws, Fulci keeps us gripped from start to finish, and by the end, we are left wondering just what we have seen over the course of 90 minutes.

Overall
Silly at times, but great fun, and is a fitting conclusion of the Godfather of Gore's Gates of Hell Trilogy.

Great review mate glad you enjoyed it.

Post #: 46
RE: LUCIO FULCI The Godfather of Gore. - 19/7/2009 12:07:20 PM   
losthighway

I've got the Gates of Hell Trilogy (all R0 Blue Underground titles) and I must be honest, House is my fave of the three. City was OK but not great and whilst The Beyond is good, it drags. I think House is the most lineaar of the three, which is maybe why I like it so much, plus it has that haunted house aspect. Just a great film!

The secret to becoming a star is knowing how to behave like one.

(in reply to evil bill)
Post #: 47
RE: LUCIO FULCI The Godfather of Gore. - 19/7/2009 12:09:21 PM   
losthighway

To buy or not to buy, for that is the question...?

Is it a Fulci must-have or a Fulci can do without!?

(in reply to losthighway)
Post #: 48
RE: LUCIO FULCI The Godfather of Gore. - 19/7/2009 2:21:59 PM   
evil bill

quote:

ORIGINAL: losthighway

To buy or not to buy, for that is the question...?

Is it a Fulci must-have or a Fulci can do without!?

Lucio Fulci's Cat in the Brain is a fun horror movie about a director's decent into madness. The director in question is Fulci himself, who stars in the film. Fulci has become known to horror fans everywhere as the godfather of gore.In this one his love of gore and violence has taken its toll on Fulci's mental state, and he's quickly delving into madness.He seeks the help of a psychiatrist,but theres a  problem that he has took it upon himself to take up murder as a hobby, using Fulci's films as blueprints for the murders!The acting in this film is absolutely atrocious,and Fulci himself is not an actor, and it shows, but his performance is actually the best in the film.Bad dubbing doesn't exactly help either,but then it is an Italian horror movie,with full on gore to make up for the weakness of script and dubbing.Tghere's beheading, a woman is slain in the shower, people are hacked up, fed to pigs and there's lots and lots of cinema's finest melee weapon - the chainsaw on display, which will delight all gore hounds The amount of gore is massively over the top a lot of the time,but this is what makes it so much fun,so enjoy.3/5

Post #: 49
RE: LUCIO FULCI The Godfather of Gore. - 19/7/2009 3:17:13 PM   
losthighway

quote:

Lucio Fulci's Cat in the Brain is a fun horror movie about a director's decent into madness. The director in question is Fulci himself, who stars in the film. Fulci has become known to horror fans everywhere as the godfather of gore.In this one his love of gore and violence has taken its toll on Fulci's mental state, and he's quickly delving into madness.He seeks the help of a psychiatrist,but theres a  problem that he has took it upon himself to take up murder as a hobby, using Fulci's films as blueprints for the murders!The acting in this film is absolutely atrocious,and Fulci himself is not an actor, and it shows, but his performance is actually the best in the film.Bad dubbing doesn't exactly help either,but then it is an Italian horror movie,with full on gore to make up for the weakness of script and dubbing.Tghere's beheading, a woman is slain in the shower, people are hacked up, fed to pigs and there's lots and lots of cinema's finest melee weapon - the chainsaw on display, which will delight all gore hounds The amount of gore is massively over the top a lot of the time,but this is what makes it so much fun,so enjoy.3/5

Not a problem! The new Grindhouse release (shown above) includes both the dubbed version and the original Italian version with English subtitles. I shall be watching it with the latter!

(in reply to evil bill)
Post #: 50
RE: LUCIO FULCI The Godfather of Gore. - 20/7/2009 6:52:42 PM   
Dr Lenera

The Fulci thread lives!

Post #: 51
RE: LUCIO FULCI The Godfather of Gore. - 21/7/2009 4:13:09 PM   
AngryDude92

I'm just getting started with this chearful Italian.
The ones of his i've seen sofar are

The Beyond: I liked it very much but sadly about 20mins from the end my copy's audio goes out of sink by about 3 seconds (It's quite funny when they fire a gun) but over all I liked the movie very much

Zombie Flesh eaters: Once again I enjoyed the hell out of it with some fun gory set pieces and amusingly naff acting (Mia Farrow's sister's crap!) I liked it.

The problam that i've had with Lucio so far is both of his films felt unfinished, like there was about 30mins more that should be added in but that's just me.

So i'm looking forward to the rest of this nutter's work. I'm planning on ordering House by cematery and City of living dead.

Great thread

There was once a god who walked the earth, his name was Warren Oates

(in reply to Dr Lenera)
Post #: 52
RE: LUCIO FULCI The Godfather of Gore. - 21/7/2009 6:30:23 PM   
Dr Lenera

I love the disjointed,dreamlike feel to a lot of his movies but yes they do come sometimes come across as unfinished due to their style,I don't think they were unfinished although they were very low budget movies made quite quickly so it's possible! You've picked the best four films to start off with as they're his most popular,if you enjoy them try New York Ripper and A Lizard In A Woman's Skin,which are much stronger on coherence while still having that wierd atmosphere and extreme gore fans of his movies love!

(in reply to AngryDude92)
Post #: 53
RE: LUCIO FULCI The Godfather of Gore. - 22/7/2009 2:19:42 PM   
AngryDude92

Thanks for the advice

(in reply to Dr Lenera)
Post #: 54
RE: LUCIO FULCI The Godfather of Gore. - 22/7/2009 4:01:14 PM   
evil bill

quote:

ORIGINAL: AngryDude92

Thanks for the advice

Welcome to the Fulci fan club and don't forget to look up the reviews of his movies on this thread,they might help gudie you to some minor cult classics.As for the unfinished feel to his movies,this is due to his style of making them very dream like,where the script takes second fiddle to the images.And also the fact they end in a nasty way with no Hollywood happy endings,or sequals as such.Argento is very much the same when it comes to scripts,he also goe's for sureal settings and lighting effects,very much the Italian way.

Post #: 55
RE: LUCIO FULCI The Godfather of Gore. - 22/7/2009 4:51:21 PM   
losthighway

The New York Ripper has been dispatched!

Cat in the Brain should follow shortly...

AngryDude - highly recommend buying House by the Cemetary, so far it's been my fave film of his!

(in reply to evil bill)
Post #: 56
RE: LUCIO FULCI The Godfather of Gore. - 23/7/2009 1:49:35 PM   
AngryDude92

quote:

The New York Ripper has been dispatched!

Cat in the Brain should follow shortly...

AngryDude - highly recommend buying House by the Cemetary, so far it's been my fave film of his!

Ordered it and watched it last night.
Cool fucking film and I liked the ending, it felt like his most complete film so far.
Not sure if it's my fav but I liked it non the less.

In regards to my problem about The Beyond and the audio being out of sink, is this a comon problem
or just one with my DVD copy?

Post #: 57
RE: LUCIO FULCI The Godfather of Gore. - 23/7/2009 3:55:00 PM   
losthighway

quote:

In regards to my problem about The Beyond and the audio being out of sink, is this a comon problem

Which version do you own? I've got the re-issued Grindhouse deluxe edition (see below) and don't have a problem with audio at all. For some reason I thought The Beyond was released by BU.  I guess i'm so used to them doing a great job with cult classics that I've just come to expect it to be BU!

Post #: 58
RE: LUCIO FULCI The Godfather of Gore. - 23/7/2009 7:51:55 PM   
evil bill

quote:

quote:

Which version do you own? I've got the re-issued Grindhouse deluxe edition (see below) and don't have a problem with audio at all. For some reason I thought The Beyond was released by BU.  I guess i'm so used to them doing a great job with cult classics that I've just come to expect it to be BU!

I've recommended this version for a long time now,as it is the most complete and has been loving restored.And the dubbing is a lot smother but not prefect as you'd expect as Italian to English seems a hard slog to keep faithful to the original script.

Post #: 59
RE: LUCIO FULCI The Godfather of Gore. - 24/7/2009 4:28:45 PM   
AngryDude92

quote:

quote:

I got my via play-trade (Mistake) and it says it was distributed by (Drum role) 23rd Century hope that answers your question

Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Actors And Auteurs >> RE: LUCIO FULCI The Godfather of Gore. Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI