Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews >> Page: <<   < prev  8 9 10 11 [12]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
- 22/4/2009 1:01:15 AM   
TheGodfather

I read a lot of bad reviews and heard a lot of bad things about this so now, after buying the blu-ray, it was time for me to check it out.
I`ll just tell you right away: I don`t know where all those negative words come from.
Yeah, the story is uber predictable. Yeah, it`s style over substance and yeah, the bright colours hurt your eyes. But what else can you expect from a film like this?
I thought the complete cast was good, the bad guys excellently portrayed and over the top and the action sequences really cool. And of course the special effects looked really good. A big plus is that the film (or more the story) doesn`t take itself too serious at all. This way the predictable factor of it isn`t too big a problem and the stereotype characters of the bad guys work really good.

The picture quality of the blu-ray is marvellous by the way. Brilliant!
Of course this isn`t gonna be a classic by any means but I really enjoyed it nonetheless and was excellently entertained for the full 2 hours. And that`s really everything that you can and might expect from a film like this.

7,8/10

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 331
RE: It's pretty shit - 1/5/2009 6:22:57 AM   
Globed

quote:

ORIGINAL: AboyNamedSue

Sorry, but it's a mess. Saw it today. Overlong and tedious. Also, Emile Hirsch punches like a girl. Fox was good though. Iron man was a hell of a lot better - go see that twice instead.

painful to watch

(in reply to AboyNamedSue)
Post #: 332
Could have been way better ! - 19/5/2010 2:29:43 AM   
elimonator

It Was crap, but i liked the race at the end .

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 333
RE: RE: - 19/4/2011 4:29:02 PM   
TheGreenPlanet

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cleric John Preston

Total Film has given it 2 stars. I haven't seen it, and don't intend to, just thought I'd mention it. 

Yes its 2 stars, Speed Racer is not a good movie but TF is not the bioble of film review

Total film totally chickened out of their Thor review big time, wouldn't give a straight opinion, sat on the fence probably waiting for other fan response and critic response so they can change their star rating when the dvd comes out...they can be many times worse than Empire's poorest review

just thought i'd mention it

(in reply to Cleric John Preston)
Post #: 334
RE: RE: - 4/8/2011 8:19:19 PM   
sanchia

I watched the Blu Ray version. this is a film which has a lot of potential but sadly it is not realised. I believe that this film was initially meant to be aimed at children with the bright primary colours and the inclusion of the irritating younger brother and chimp however a childrens film does not work if you have a diatribe against corporate corruption which goes on for a few minutes thrown in in the middle along with a convoluted and not particularly well constructed plot involving espionage and whistleblowing thrown in for good measure. The race scenes were in parts good but at other time migraine inducingly painful to watch with random colours and shapes thrown at the viewer.

Overall it is a missed opportunity and as such 2 out of 5 stars is the best which can be given.

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to TheGreenPlanet)
Post #: 335
RE: RE: - 5/8/2011 12:36:30 AM   
CORLEONE

The most colourful diarrhoaea anyone has ever shat.

Al Swearengen: "Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair or fucking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back".

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 336
Page:   <<   < prev  8 9 10 11 [12]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews >> Page: <<   < prev  8 9 10 11 [12]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI