Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Things you believed when you were small

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> RE: Things you believed when you were small Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 4 [5]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Things you believed when you were small - 23/10/2012 10:04:16 PM   
Amelie_Scotland

I used to believe for some reason I can't remember (I think it had to do with the movie Mars Attacks, which I briefly caught a glimpse of one night when I was sneaking around the house) that aliens would come out of the toilet and attack me if I flushed it. So I used to do my business, wash my hands, then flush the toilet before running out of the bathroom, slamming the door shut then scrambling downstairs to the living room, the safe zone. Yeah, I don't know either.

I'm clean, I'm conscientious and I travel with my own tits.

You may not be able to change the world, but at least you can embarrass the guilty.
Post #: 121
RE: Things you believed when you were small - 23/10/2012 11:25:18 PM   
paul_ie86

I used to believe that that the world is a fine place and worth the fighting for. I still believe the second part.

My Group Project's facebook page. Please like

(in reply to Amelie_Scotland)
Post #: 122
RE: Things you believed when you were small - 25/10/2012 8:58:06 AM   
crimond

I remember someone at school telling me they had wrote a letter in 'mirror writing' and that you could only see it in the mirror.

I got all excited about the idea of invisible text that would appear when held up to a mirror, and the secret notes I could pass about etc etc

Imagine my disappointment when I realised about a week later that it was just text written backwards.

(in reply to paul_ie86)
Post #: 123
RE: Things you believed when you were small - 25/10/2012 12:18:57 PM   
vad3r

I'd be rich, pretty and in love.

Single Virgin Mod Candidate 2013

quote:

ORIGINAL: horribleives
To paraphrase the great man himself:

Vad3r won't go anywhere near this.

(in reply to crimond)
Post #: 124
RE: Things you believed when you were small - 25/10/2012 12:36:54 PM   
horribleives

When I watched sitcoms as a kid and they cut to an exterior scene shot on location I thought they ferried the studio audience out (on wheels or something) to watch it being filmed. And laugh, presumably.

www.hollywoodunbound.co.uk - some nonsense about alien film directors and musclebound man-children.

(in reply to vad3r)
Post #: 125
RE: Things you believed when you were small - 25/10/2012 12:43:06 PM   
superdan

I used to believe that when you ate the food would fill up your legs, then your torso and when it got to your mouth you were sick. The contrails of high-flying jumbo jets were actually Grotbags flying about. My velcro pumps made me run dead fast, even up hills. If you pulled a face and the wind changed you would stay looking that way.

I was thick as fuck as a child.

(in reply to horribleives)
Post #: 126
RE: Things you believed when you were small - 25/10/2012 1:08:12 PM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

quote:

ORIGINAL: Amelie_Scotland

I used to believe for some reason I can't remember (I think it had to do with the movie Mars Attacks, which I briefly caught a glimpse of one night when I was sneaking around the house) that aliens would come out of the toilet and attack me if I flushed it. So I used to do my business, wash my hands, then flush the toilet before running out of the bathroom, slamming the door shut then scrambling downstairs to the living room, the safe zone. Yeah, I don't know either.

This reminded me of an episode of the X-Files.

(in reply to Amelie_Scotland)
Post #: 127
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 3 4 [5]
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> RE: Things you believed when you were small Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 4 [5]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI