Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Some flaws but excellent direction!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews >> Some flaws but excellent direction! Page: <<   < prev  5 6 7 8 [9]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Some flaws but excellent direction! - 3/7/2010 7:27:30 PM   
sumiebeg

The villain was no suspense plus the making of Iron Monger was too quick. But the kidnapping ad building a blue print version was excellent

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 241
Awaome - 20/8/2010 8:59:40 PM   
bnicholson50

This is one of the greats of the superhero genre. Jon Favereau creates a movie that is full of light comedy, Big Action and buckets of fun. It reminded me of Richard Donners Superman. Iron Man 2 is not up to the same standard though.

Post #: 242
Fun, Boneheaded Entertainment - 23/5/2011 11:21:54 AM   
blaud

Robert Downey Jr couldn't be better cast as the lovably smug Tony Stark. His dubious morals and ironic witticisms make him an always interesting character to watch, and Downey Jr. does an impressive job. That's something this film offers that not many other comic book movies do these days. Most get so caught up in making the films 'dark' or more 'adult', that they end up being no fun. Iron Man is tons of fun and as has more of an entertainment factor than a million Dark Knights. The story is somewhat ill-conceived and the script is weak in parts, but this is still some of the most fun a comic book movie can offer.

Post #: 243
Fun, Boneheaded Entertainment - 23/5/2011 11:21:57 AM   
blaud

Robert Downey Jr couldn't be better cast as the lovably smug Tony Stark. His dubious morals and ironic witticisms make him an always interesting character to watch, and Downey Jr. does an impressive job. That's something this film offers that not many other comic book movies do these days. Most get so caught up in making the films 'dark' or more 'adult', that they end up being no fun. Iron Man is tons of fun and as has more of an entertainment factor than a million Dark Knights. The story is somewhat ill-conceived and the script is weak in parts, but this is still some of the most fun a comic book movie can offer.

Post #: 244
Fun, Boneheaded Entertainment - 23/5/2011 11:22:46 AM   
blaud

Post #: 245
Evolution not Revolution from Marvel - 15/8/2011 10:44:46 PM   
trainedasninja

I would agree that Iron man is certainly fresh and likeable entertaiment with charismatic actors like Downey Jr and Paltrow involved, but it isnt half as interesting as what history seems to have made out. I found it quite predictable and the ending a little over the top. Aside from this being Downey's film, it feels buisness as usual as far as marvel is concerned.

Post #: 246
Evolution not Revolution from Marvel - 15/8/2011 10:44:49 PM   
trainedasninja

I would agree that Iron man is certainly fresh and likeable entertaiment with charismatic actors like Downey Jr and Paltrow involved, but it isnt half as interesting as what history seems to have made out. I found it quite predictable and the ending a little over the top. Aside from this being Downey's film, it feels buisness as usual as far as marvel is concerned.

Post #: 247
ironman - 5/12/2011 5:00:07 AM   
antosh25

i coudn't take this film seriously.

Post #: 248
Iron Man Review - 19/12/2011 2:08:38 PM   
the film man

Director Jon Favreau and star Robert Downey make this smart, high impact superhero movie one that even non-comics fans can enjoy.

Post #: 249
The best of Phase 1 Marvel - 16/7/2013 3:38:45 PM   
wedgeski

I fully agree that the final act of the film is its weakest...but it's still bloody great, and rides in on the back of a completely engrossing origin story written with genuine love and played with poise and skill by all concerned. Raimi's Spiderman is the only other phase 1 movie that comes close, and it shares the same qualities: perfect casting, respect and affection for the material, and a focus on the flaws of its hero.

So each to their own, but 3 stars for this?! That seems just wilfully tight. Are we honestly saying that this is no better than Pacific Rim?

Post #: 250
Page:   <<   < prev  5 6 7 8 [9]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews >> Some flaws but excellent direction! Page: <<   < prev  5 6 7 8 [9]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI