Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

My Boring-Ass Life - Kevin Smith

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Bookworms >> My Boring-Ass Life - Kevin Smith Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
My Boring-Ass Life - Kevin Smith - 11/4/2008 2:51:51 PM   
DJ Satan

I've just started reading this and I'm loving it so far (I'm up to the rehersals for Clerks 2). I love most of Kevin's Smith writings and it really does seem like he has the perfect life. I am so jealous.

The only thing bugging me so far is the odd silences. Can anyone fill me in on the gossip missed out?
  • During Catch and Release there is a sudden 2 week gap, returning at Harley's birthday party. A few days later there is a reference saying there is a first car ride with some occupants since "the unpleasantness" and things are a little bit chilly. What happened?
  • Why did Kevin give Ben Affleck the brush off during the Catch and Release filming, and not evene mention him up until then. I thought they were meant to be best buds?
  • What exactly happened in the "Phil Incident"

< Message edited by DJ Satan -- 13/4/2008 12:09:42 PM >

Don't try to tell me that some power can corrupt a person
You hadn't had enough to know what it's like
You're only angry cause you wish you were in my position
Now nod your head cause you know that I'm right..alright!
Post #: 1
RE: My Boring-Ass Life - 13/4/2008 9:38:53 AM   
Wilbert

quote:

ORIGINAL: DJ Satan

I've just started reading this and I'm loving it so far (I'm up to the rehersals for Clerks 2). I love most of Kevin's Smith writings and it really does seem like he has the perfect life. I am so jealous.

The only thing bugging me so far is the odd silences. Can anyone fill me in on the gossip missed out?

• During Catch and Release there is a sudden 2 week gap, returning at Harley's birthday party. A few days later there is a reference saying there is a first car ride with some occupants since "the unpleasantness" and things are a little bit chilly. What happened?
  • Why did Kevin give Ben Affleck the brush off during the Catch and Release filming, and not evene mention him up until then. I thought they were meant to be best buds?
  • What exactly happened in the "Phil Incident"

I think you'd have to ask the man himself, DJ.

I remember reading the book and thinking that these must have been some really juicy sections he left out when you consider how much he left in about everything else.

You're killing Independent George!!!!

(in reply to DJ Satan)
Post #: 2
RE: My Boring-Ass Life - Kevin Smith - 13/4/2008 12:09:18 PM   
DJ Satan

That's what I'm worried about. I was just hoping some of it may have leaked out onto the net since then.

(in reply to Wilbert)
Post #: 3
RE: My Boring-Ass Life - Kevin Smith - 13/4/2008 1:25:21 PM   
HIroProtagonist

I can remember the sections you're refering to - unfortunately I don't have even the beginnings of a clue as to what the answers are, though

Hope you enjoy the rest of the book though, I brought it when it came out, and absolutely loved it, even if his life is a tad repetative - all he needs to do now is release either another "An Evening With", or that Prom-Style thing they recorded last year (I know, I couldn't be more vague if I tried)

Last Five Films at the Cinema:
True Grit
Never Let Me Go.
The Fighter.
127 Hours.
The Kings Speech.

(in reply to DJ Satan)
Post #: 4
RE: My Boring-Ass Life - Kevin Smith - 13/4/2008 1:34:13 PM   
DJ Satan

I'm really enjoying it. But I noticed a big shift in tone at Christmas. It's turned from an interesting diary into more of a bog standard Blog. But it's still Kevin Smith so I'll let him off. 

(in reply to HIroProtagonist)
Post #: 5
RE: My Boring-Ass Life - Kevin Smith - 18/4/2008 3:38:33 PM   
Kilo_T_Mortal

A few things:

1.) They eat a lot of take away food - just hire a cook Kevin and feed your child properly
2.) He has a lot of sex
3.) He shits quite regularly for a guy on atkins
4.) Sums up LA with the fact he has to drive everywhere. He's constantly picking people up and dropping them off.
5.) He likes Empire (assuming it is the Empire and not another Empire)
6.) He's got some cool friends
7.) He doesn't drink as much as I do. I suppose he's American and I'm british though.

he's ruining my buestiful threat!

"She must have known about all this before she let that grinning loon put his space-cock anywhere near her?"
horribleives

(in reply to DJ Satan)
Post #: 6
RE: My Boring-Ass Life - Kevin Smith - 11/8/2008 3:11:31 PM   
Harley Quinn

I've just finished this and Silent Bob speaks. Really enjoyed them both. I though the parts on Jason Mewes drug addiction were really intresting and quite touching in how much he wanted to help Jay and how much it hurt hurt him that he couldn't. He does eat far too many take away's though.

"A mother's love for her child is like nothing else in the world. It knows no law, no pity, it dares all things and crushes down remorselessly all that stands in its path."

Owner of the Naughty Milkmaid.

(in reply to Kilo_T_Mortal)
Post #: 7
RE: My Boring-Ass Life - Kevin Smith - 12/8/2008 1:23:34 PM   
DancingClown

quote:

Apparently it was something to do with cast members/crew members being pissed off about Kevin talking about them in his blogs on his website, and I remember Timothy Olyphant being mentioned quite explicitly. They didn't seem to get on.

< Message edited by DancingClown -- 12/8/2008 1:27:27 PM >

Astronomic Tune Boy

'The town knew darkness, and darkness was enough.'

"Storm just bleeewwww me away..."

(in reply to DJ Satan)
Post #: 8
RE: My Boring-Ass Life - Kevin Smith - 12/8/2008 2:00:03 PM   
Harley Quinn

quote:

ORIGINAL: DancingClown

quote:

Apparently it was something to do with cast members/crew members being pissed off about Kevin talking about them in his blogs on his website, and I remember Timothy Olyphant being mentioned quite explicitly. They didn't seem to get on.

He mentioned Timothy Olyphant and spoke about him glowing terms. I Know he was forced to say he was not praising one actor over another. 

"A mother's love for her child is like nothing else in the world. It knows no law, no pity, it dares all things and crushes down remorselessly all that stands in its path."

Owner of the Naughty Milkmaid.

(in reply to DancingClown)
Post #: 9
RE: My Boring-Ass Life - Kevin Smith - 26/8/2008 12:02:06 PM   
Kenny

Was I the only one who read this book and thought it was rather underwhelming? I just thought it was a bit boring, either he would screw his wife, go grab a sub or some Mc Donalds, or he would sign some stuff for his store, THEN screw his wife and THEN get a sub or grab some Mc Donalds. Dont get me wrong, there were some funny bits in the book and the end of the book, where he details Mewes battle with drug addiction was absolutely riveting, but overall, I thought the book was a bit lacking

Well Ive Had a Lovely Evening But This Wasnt It! - Groucho Marx

(in reply to Harley Quinn)
Post #: 10
RE: My Boring-Ass Life - Kevin Smith - 26/8/2008 5:09:23 PM   
Kilo_T_Mortal

They did kind of warn you.

he's ruining my buestiful threat!

"She must have known about all this before she let that grinning loon put his space-cock anywhere near her?"
horribleives

(in reply to Kenny)
Post #: 11
RE: My Boring-Ass Life - Kevin Smith - 1/9/2008 10:11:56 AM   
vader100

quote:

ORIGINAL: Kenny

Was I the only one who read this book and thought it was rather underwhelming? I just thought it was a bit boring, either he would screw his wife, go grab a sub or some Mc Donalds, or he would sign some stuff for his store, THEN screw his wife and THEN get a sub or grab some Mc Donalds. Dont get me wrong, there were some funny bits in the book and the end of the book, where he details Mewes battle with drug addiction was absolutely riveting, but overall, I thought the book was a bit lacking

The title is a bit of a giveaway

You can't take the sky from me

(in reply to Kenny)
Post #: 12
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Bookworms >> My Boring-Ass Life - Kevin Smith Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI