Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Incredible!!!!!!!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews >> Incredible!!!!!!! Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Incredible!!!!!!! - 8/3/2010 7:04:42 PM   
charlee676

The best movie I've ever seen, Empire is right the coens are the best directors ever

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 31
THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU FUCK A STRANGER IN THE ASS! - 12/3/2010 10:43:03 PM   
!xHoTRoDx!

Along with Pulp Fiction and Once Upon A Time In America, this as close to perfection as most films get

Post #: 32
Correction! - 12/3/2010 10:47:46 PM   
!xHoTRoDx!

Sorry, people. I meant Once Upon A Time In The West. Although America is also a classic. Anyway, I have yet another correction to make: I have now officially decided that this is the Coen brothers' masterpiece, although Raising Arizona certainly comes close.

Post #: 33
Bloody Brilliant! - 25/3/2010 9:54:19 AM   
Nicola Brierley

This is the Coens at their true best. It's a bizarre film (as always), with great performances, a great cast, a great script. I can't believe I hadn't watched it before! It's a true classic. Everyone should watch this!

Post #: 34
American Genuis! - 27/3/2010 7:40:39 AM   
monkeyhumour

It was parked in the handicap zone. Perhaps the towed it

Post #: 35
- 14/7/2010 10:48:40 PM   
TheGodfather

Seen on tv yesterday:

The Big Lebowski
Together with Pulp Fiction and The Godfather,The Big Lebowski has to be up at the top in a list of most quoteable films of all time. Brilliant. Jeff Bridges ís The Dude, one of the coolest film characters of recent cinema history. Together with John Goodman he makes a brilliant duo.
A super film that time and time again is really enjoyable and can be seen as one of the Coens best films.

9,0/10

Post #: 36
Confoundingly Excellent - 21/9/2010 6:03:59 PM   
blaud

Coen brothers, we salute you

Post #: 37
AWESOME. - 20/4/2011 8:49:43 PM   
lewisb548

I Bought this the other day and I was surprised by how good it was, it's of course nonsense but Jeff Bridges' performance was flawless, at times pretty funny at others it ranges from retarded thriller too a really confusing comedy, it is indescribably complicated but it's awesome, when I saw this at the shop it was three pounds, I thought "AWW fuck it!" I was glad I did, although hard too follow too begin with it evolves into a brilliant comedy, Bridges and John Goodman provide the laughs as does Buscemi in his brief performance. Julianne Moore makes an appearance and as always she looks very sexy, The Coens may have been stoned or confused when they wrote the script but that really made it better, Coen Brothers, you rock, this is funny,rude,crude and just plane awesome, I am now a committed Dudiest, I truly wanted more Tara Reid in this film, but her mere 3 minute appearance was sexy and funny enough. I recommend this definetely just dont go expecting a thriller.

Post #: 38
There is no other - 18/5/2011 7:48:10 PM   
FranktheTank

This is the best, and when I say best I mean best, movie in the world! The characters are great, the plot is ridiculously funny and clever and of course, the actor are amazing. Defenitely worth five starts, I'd give it even more if I could. Far out man.

Post #: 39
3 stars - 4/6/2011 7:20:33 PM   
bereski

No offence, but A Serious Man and Burn after Reading are eating this on a breakfast.

Post #: 40
Boring - 25/8/2011 1:28:57 AM   
eveningrecords

This film is boring. I expect hate mail to follow this comment.
It is a great and noble endeavor to attempt to make films that pay no regard to traditional story telling techniques. To my mind however, the Coens have never reached the summit of this ambition. They always experiment but never master. Come to the table with something like 'Irreversible', or 'Uncle Boonmee who can recall his past lives', and then we'll talk...

Post #: 41
RE: Boring - 9/10/2011 8:24:33 PM   
coljohnmatrix

quote:

ORIGINAL: eveningrecords

It is a great and noble endeavor to attempt to make films that pay no regard to traditional story telling techniques. To my mind however, the Coens have never reached the summit of this ambition. They always experiment but never master. Come to the table with something like 'Irreversible', or 'Uncle Boonmee who can recall his past lives', and then we'll talk...

Well, that's just...like, your opinion man...

(in reply to eveningrecords)
Post #: 42
RE: Boring - 10/10/2011 12:57:09 PM   
clownfoot

quote:

ORIGINAL: coljohnmatrix

quote:

ORIGINAL: eveningrecords

Well, that's just...like, your opinion man...

Fuck it man. Let's go bowling...

Evil Mod 2 - Hail he who has fallen from the sky to deliver us from the terror of the Deadites!

http://www.thepixelempire.net/index.html
http://clownfootsinversemidas.blogspot.com/

(in reply to coljohnmatrix)
Post #: 43
RE: Boring - 10/10/2011 1:09:48 PM   
superdan

Holy shit, when did you go green again clowny?

Oh, I suppose I should add a quote. Er, um... "Just slip the rent under my door".

(in reply to clownfoot)
Post #: 44
RE: Boring - 10/10/2011 1:17:59 PM   
clownfoot

quote:

ORIGINAL: superdan

Holy shit, when did you go green again clowny?

This morning. There's been an upsurge of Evil Dead 2 slagging off on the Forum recently and I'm the only person available that can put that right. So, I've re-entered the fray...uhm...

'Hey, careful man, there's a beverage here.' 

Evil Mod 2 - Hail he who has fallen from the sky to deliver us from the terror of the Deadites!

http://www.thepixelempire.net/index.html
http://clownfootsinversemidas.blogspot.com/

(in reply to superdan)
Post #: 45
The Big Lebowski Review - 26/2/2012 10:51:29 PM   
the film man

Typically stunning visuals and sharp dialogue from The Coen Brothers, brought to life with strong performances from Goodman and Bridges.

Post #: 46
The Big Lebowski Review - 26/2/2012 10:51:30 PM   
the film man

Typically stunning visuals and sharp dialogue from The Coen Brothers, brought to life with strong performances from Goodman and Bridges.

Post #: 47
The god damn plane has crashed in to the mountain! - 4/4/2012 5:02:22 PM   
Naiilyboy

I'm a lebowski, your a lebowski, yes yes. What a film, I can watch this over and over. Long live the dude!

Post #: 48
eveningrecords, you're out of your element - 27/5/2012 3:12:21 AM   
voracious_id

You're like a child who wanders into the middle of a movie and wants to know...

Post #: 49
Hilariously fantastic - 19/2/2013 6:04:43 PM   
Mr Gittes

One of the Coens' best, and one of the greatest comedies of all time. Pretty much perfect. My favourite thing in this movie is John Goodman, who is just brilliant. Endlessly watchable.

Post #: 50
The Peak of Quirky Perfection - 21/5/2013 4:27:49 PM   
BlackjackMusk3teer

I didn't expect this film to have such a intelligent and funny plot. But it did, and that's why it's a movie to be remembered not just for its outstanding performances, but also it's unique and overall brilliant script and unforgettable characters.

Post #: 51
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews >> Incredible!!!!!!! Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI