Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Cockpit...OMGz gay

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Favourite Films >> Cockpit...OMGz gay Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Cockpit...OMGz gay - 17/5/2012 3:07:51 PM   
Emyr Thy King

quote:

ORIGINAL: Discodez
And a slight mis-hap during the refuelling and the plane would have been "FLAMING"

I still maintain it's more camp than Christmas with Louie Spence.

No it wouldn't, you'd just have paraffin everywhere. Although no doubt given your exuberance, you'd like a little on the chin.

I wouldn't know I've never spent Christmas with Louie Spence.

quote:

ORIGINAL: losthighway

The whole gay thing is to do with the film being viewed through the homo-erotic gaze... As for it being gay par se, not in the slightest you can read the film in any number of ways.

Pretty much spot-on. What's laughable is there's two individuals who've felt the need to over-emphasise their points: "TOTALLY" and "IS gay". Over-compensating just a touch...looks like the trim needs adjusting.

quote:

ORIGINAL: filmfanatic123
The volleyball scene is made the most fuss of, but the fact that most of the male cast take their shirts off at at least one point in the film should prove my point.

Haha ....you've probably never stepped into a male changing room? Guys changing clothes or walking with a wrapped towel in front of each other doesn't equate to homo-eroticism. If so, most of the male population would be buying Attitude not Nuts.

I swear the whole theory started by Tarantino sounds like it comes from the mind of an immature and insecure male rather than anything else. "Tee-hee! He has his willy out!" *has a quick spy through the fingers* . Guys that are comfortable in their own skin aren't going to give a shit. I expect this sort of stuff from prepubescents, not from supposed grown men.

quote:

ORIGINAL: DazDaMan

Sorry, how is "Sundown" racist? It's just a callsign, nothing more.

The film's racist because he's relegated to a back seat role too Daz!

Great aerial cinematography in the film. Whether 'Mav' sends your missile skywards or not.

< Message edited by Emyr Thy King -- 17/5/2012 3:08:51 PM >

"This whole imbroglio is epiphenomenal"...."demigogic faux egalitarianism" - Will Self

(in reply to Discodez)
Post #: 61
RE: Cockpit...OMGz gay - 25/5/2012 10:30:24 AM   
TwistedAnimator

Once any hetero male starts cringing in a film is usually a sure sign that it's a big gay.

(in reply to Emyr Thy King)
Post #: 62
RE: Cockpit...OMGz gay - 29/5/2012 2:51:41 PM   
Discodez

quote:

ORIGINAL: Emyr Thy King

quote:

ORIGINAL: Discodez
And a slight mis-hap during the refuelling and the plane would have been "FLAMING"

I still maintain it's more camp than Christmas with Louie Spence.

No it wouldn't, you'd just have paraffin everywhere. Although no doubt given your exuberance, you'd like a little on the chin.

I wouldn't know I've never spent Christmas with Louie Spence.

quote:

ORIGINAL: losthighway

The whole gay thing is to do with the film being viewed through the homo-erotic gaze... As for it being gay par se, not in the slightest you can read the film in any number of ways.

Pretty much spot-on. What's laughable is there's two individuals who've felt the need to over-emphasise their points: "TOTALLY" and "IS gay". Over-compensating just a touch...looks like the trim needs adjusting.

quote:

ORIGINAL: filmfanatic123
The volleyball scene is made the most fuss of, but the fact that most of the male cast take their shirts off at at least one point in the film should prove my point.

Haha ....you've probably never stepped into a male changing room? Guys changing clothes or walking with a wrapped towel in front of each other doesn't equate to homo-eroticism. If so, most of the male population would be buying Attitude not Nuts.

I swear the whole theory started by Tarantino sounds like it comes from the mind of an immature and insecure male rather than anything else. "Tee-hee! He has his willy out!" *has a quick spy through the fingers* . Guys that are comfortable in their own skin aren't going to give a shit. I expect this sort of stuff from prepubescents, not from supposed grown men.

quote:

ORIGINAL: DazDaMan

Sorry, how is "Sundown" racist? It's just a callsign, nothing more.

The film's racist because he's relegated to a back seat role too Daz!

Great aerial cinematography in the film. Whether 'Mav' sends your missile skywards or not.

I was going to follow this up by saying something like....

Congratulations, you win this years overall prize at the annual "missing the point entirely" competition.

That is unless of course all of the above was a joke, then you win this years award for the most subtley satirical post on the internet. .

But then I realised I couldn't be bothered.

(in reply to Emyr Thy King)
Post #: 63
RE: Cockpit...OMGz gay - 22/8/2012 11:26:16 PM   
Smudge1985

I used to work with a guy who said this was his all time favourite film. Id never seen it at the time, but all the other guys used to wind him saying it was essentially a chick flick for men!

Ive seen it now, and its the kind of film you could only seem to get away with in the 80s. Its camp, its cheesy, its got a soundtrack full of obscure tunes of the time that have never seen the light of day since...but it works! They could remake Top Gun today with the same script, CGI, bring it up to date, modern music...and it would be utter turd. It was of the time, and its still good somehow, despite knowing while you're watching it that it will never be a classic. Fright Night is another one, massive personal favourite that could only ever have been done in the 80s.

She says all thsi feeling like an uber geek, sat here in my Top Gun t shirt...

(in reply to Discodez)
Post #: 64
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Favourite Films >> Cockpit...OMGz gay Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI