Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Movies you watched as a kid that scared the hell out of you

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie Musings >> RE: Movies you watched as a kid that scared the hell out of you Page: <<   < prev  5 6 7 8 [9]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Movies you watched as a kid that scared the hell ou... - 19/8/2012 1:01:53 PM   
Timbzy

Candyman
An American Werewolf in London
Evil Dead
Jacob's Ladder
Predator

(in reply to NCC1701A)
Post #: 241
RE: Movies you watched as a kid that scared the hell ou... - 20/8/2012 8:20:00 PM   
chris kilby

Can't think of any movies off the top of my head, but those robot mummies in Doctor Who scared the shit out of me. Davros as well. (I thought that's what all Daleks looked like "underneath." I was only wee. Bless)

Having said that, I know a guy who used to be a Marine fer Chrissakes who to this day can't watch Chitty, Chitty, Bang, Bang cos he's still scared of The Childcatcher - LOLLIPOPS!

< Message edited by chris kilby -- 20/8/2012 8:21:17 PM >

(in reply to Timbzy)
Post #: 242
RE: Movies you watched as a kid that scared the hell ou... - 20/8/2012 9:24:30 PM   
chris kilby

I remember The Beast With Five Fingers freaking me out. In fact, old, black & white horror movies used to unnerve me generally. The Creature From The Black Lagoon and giant bug movies - especially Tarantula.

(in reply to chris kilby)
Post #: 243
RE: Movies you watched as a kid that scared the hell ou... - 20/8/2012 11:01:12 PM   
doubtlesswonder

quote:

ORIGINAL: chris kilby

Can't think of any movies off the top of my head, but those robot mummies in Doctor Who scared the shit out of me. Davros as well. (I thought that's what all Daleks looked like "underneath." I was only wee. Bless)

Having said that, I know a guy who used to be a Marine fer Chrissakes who to this day can't watch Chitty, Chitty, Bang, Bang cos he's still scared of The Childcatcher - LOLLIPOPS!

Slightly OT- I went to see teh stage version of Chitty Chitty Bang Bang with my mum a couple of years ago (I was about 22). The guy who played the child-catcher was great, very creepy, but the worst thing for me was that there was a carnival scene that I'd forgotten from the film. We were sat about three rows from the front and all of a sudden two people came creeping out from behind the curtain with huge clown masks on. Freaked the living hell out of me.

quote:

homersimpson_esq
"Will someone please get this motherfuckin' horcrux outta this motherfuckin' snake."

quote:

homersimpson_esq
"See Mr Grey.
See Mr Grey abuse women.
Run women, run."

Post #: 244
RE: Movies you watched as a kid that scared the hell ou... - 20/8/2012 11:37:39 PM   
chris kilby

Clowns are scary. Clowns are evil. Evil, I'm telling you. EEEEEEEE-viiiiiiiiiiiil!

(in reply to doubtlesswonder)
Post #: 245
RE: Movies you watched as a kid that scared the hell ou... - 21/8/2012 12:51:51 AM   
homersimpson_esq

quote:

You know that thing where irrational fears are irrational?

Yeah, that.

That deep-browed Homer ruled as his demesne.

Bristol Bad Film Club
A place where movie fans can come and behold some of the most awful films ever put to celluloid.

Post #: 246
RE: Movies you watched as a kid that scared the hell ou... - 21/8/2012 4:06:30 AM   
chris kilby

quote:

ORIGINAL: homersimpson_esq

quote:

Yeah, that.

OK. This is getting scary now. Are you... stalking me? You're certainly coming across as a bit needlessly confrontational and antagonistic. Or is it just me...?

I'm joking, of course. It's not just me. A couple of others seem to have picked up on this as well judging by their comments tonight. Sorry to be so... pedantic, but, uh, I thought moderation kinda implied even-handedness, calmness of mind, reasonableness, self-restraint, a lack of prejudice and, you know, not singling out people you've clearly taken a dislike to for some reason and jumping down their throats at every opportunity. All that pesky nonsense. You know, someone a lot thinner-skinned than me could interpret that as an abuse of power. Well, I say "power..."

(in reply to homersimpson_esq)
Post #: 247
RE: Movies you watched as a kid that scared the hell ou... - 21/8/2012 6:54:45 AM   
homersimpson_esq

quote:

quote:

quote:

Yeah, that.

OK. This is getting scary now. Are you... stalking me? You're certainly coming across as a bit needlessly confrontational and antagonistic. Or is it just me...?

I'm joking, of course. It's not just me. A couple of others seem to have picked up on this as well judging by their comments tonight. Sorry to be so... pedantic, but, uh, I thought moderation kinda implied even-handedness, calmness of mind, reasonableness, self-restraint, a lack of prejudice and, you know, not singling out people you've clearly taken a dislike to for some reason and jumping down their throats at every opportunity. All that pesky nonsense. You know, someone a lot thinner-skinned than me could interpret that as an abuse of power. Well, I say "power..."

No, I'm not stalking you... This is a forum. If you post on it, and people feel the need to reply, they will reply. THAT'S HOW IT WORKS.

Why are you apologising about being pedantic again? It's the second time you've done so, so you're clearly not that apologetic about it.

That deep-browed Homer ruled as his demesne.

Bristol Bad Film Club
A place where movie fans can come and behold some of the most awful films ever put to celluloid.

Post #: 248
RE: Movies you watched as a kid that scared the hell ou... - 21/8/2012 10:56:55 AM   
Rgirvan44

Have we done the Iron Man joke in here yet?

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

Post #: 249
RE: Movies you watched as a kid that scared the hell ou... - 21/8/2012 11:06:32 AM   
st3veebee

Anyone else get terrified by Vigo in Ghostbusters 2?

Latest Films:

Two days in New York: 4/5

Prometheus: 3.5/5

Abe Lincoln: VH 3/5

Twin Peaks: FWWM 3.5/5

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 250
RE: Movies you watched as a kid that scared the hell ou... - 21/8/2012 11:23:39 AM   
chris kilby

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Yeah, that.

No, I'm not stalking you... This is a forum. If you post on it, and people feel the need to reply, they will reply. THAT'S HOW IT WORKS.

Yeah. I'd kinda worked that one out for myself. Thanks. I think you'll find it's the needlessly confrontational, antagonistic and, it seems to me, borderline obsessive nature of what you've been posting in response to me, not the posts per se. You do seem to have a bee in your bonnet about something.

(Is there something wrong with your CAPS LOCK button, BTW. It seems to be stuck. You do strike me as quite an irritable and irate sort of chap. Quick to anger. For a mod, like. Maybe the job's getting to you...)

quote:

Why are you apologising about being pedantic again? It's the second time you've done so, so you're clearly not that apologetic about it.

Sorry, but what am I supposed to be apologising for again? And if you think I'm pedantic... well, you need to stay in the house more.

Anyway, I think we're through, you and I. We clearly don't have much of any interest to say to each other and I find endlessly beating my head against a brick wall gives me a terrible sore head. See ya!

< Message edited by chris kilby -- 21/8/2012 11:26:26 AM >

Post #: 251
RE: Movies you watched as a kid that scared the hell ou... - 21/8/2012 11:33:40 AM   
Rgirvan44

quote:

needlessly confrontational

Who said last night -

My god, you are a painfully pedantic and literal-minded sort of chap, aren't you?

You are a hoot Chris.

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

Post #: 252
RE: Movies you watched as a kid that scared the hell ou... - 21/8/2012 11:48:47 AM   
st3veebee

Anyone else get terrified by Vigo in Ghostbusters 2

Latest Films:

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 253
RE: Movies you watched as a kid that scared the hell ou... - 21/8/2012 11:50:47 AM   
Rgirvan44

quote:

ORIGINAL: st3veebee

Only when it was just the picture!

(in reply to st3veebee)
Post #: 254
RE: Movies you watched as a kid that scared the hell ou... - 21/8/2012 12:47:45 PM   
chris kilby

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rgirvan44

quote:

needlessly confrontational

Who said last night -

My god, you are a painfully pedantic and literal-minded sort of chap, aren't you?

You are a hoot Chris.

You wouldn't let it lie.

(Vic & Bob)

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 255
RE: Movies you watched as a kid that scared the hell ou... - 21/8/2012 5:04:55 PM   
st3veebee

quote:

quote:

What about when all of Vigo that remains is a giant mutating head? Don't tell me that didn't scare the bejesus out of you!

Don't even get me started on the baby snatching Nanny ghost with the extendable arms.

Shudder

Latest Films:

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 256
RE: Movies you watched as a kid that scared the hell ou... - 22/8/2012 11:08:50 AM   
NCC1701A

quote:

quote:

quote:

What about when all of Vigo that remains is a giant mutating head? Don't tell me that didn't scare the bejesus out of you!

Don't even get me started on the baby snatching Nanny ghost with the extendable arms.

Shudder

And the red eyes yes that bit scared me and what about the several severed heads on spikes in the subway tunnel.

Trench: I'll be back.

Church: You've been back enough. I'll be back.

[leaves]

Trench: Yippee-ki-yay.

The Expendables 2 (2012)

(in reply to st3veebee)
Post #: 257
RE: Movies you watched as a kid that scared the hell ou... - 25/8/2012 9:52:08 PM   
nastyhobbitses

Jeez, I'd forgotten about 'Watership Down'. I was VERY young. Them bad bunnies, with their 'jagged-edge' teeth, they were mean.

Twasnt until 'Poltergeist' that I watched a 'scary' movie ... it put me off swimming-pool sized holes full of dead-bodies ever since ...

Deserves got nothin to do with it.

(in reply to NCC1701A)
Post #: 258
RE: Movies you watched as a kid that scared the hell ou... - 25/8/2012 10:05:36 PM   
jcthefirst

quote:

ORIGINAL: NCC1701A

quote:

quote:

quote:

Shudder

And the red eyes yes that bit scared me and what about the several severed heads on spikes in the subway tunnel.

Yeah, that's the bit that gets me too.

@Jonny_C85

My Movie Blog | My Other Various Rantings Blog

(in reply to NCC1701A)
Post #: 259
RE: Movies you watched as a kid that scared the hell ou... - 25/8/2012 10:14:37 PM   
Laurah Flame

hey funny you should mention because i scared my 16 year cousin luis and his best mate matt while they were camping outside, i had a Freddy Krueger knife gloove which i dragged up the side of the tent and then used to open the tent door........ they screamed like two baby girls !!!!!!! and lets just say that they didunt sleep that well in the tent that night and they were really pissed off and groggy the whole next day. but when they got asked why they were like that they didunt say much ........ hahahahahah !!!!!!

(in reply to mustbebunnies)
Post #: 260
RE: Movies you watched as a kid that scared the hell ou... - 26/8/2012 8:14:01 AM   
Timbzy

Paperhouse?

(in reply to Laurah Flame)
Post #: 261
RE: Movies you watched as a kid that scared the hell ou... - 4/9/2012 5:00:54 PM   
denise123

What about The Twilight Zone the Movie................ For years I could not look at the screen when Dan Akroyd says "Do you wanna see something really Scary".... I built up the courage to look, thinking I could handle it and nearly peed myself....

(in reply to Timbzy)
Post #: 262
Page:   <<   < prev  5 6 7 8 [9]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie Musings >> RE: Movies you watched as a kid that scared the hell out of you Page: <<   < prev  5 6 7 8 [9]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI