Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Movies you watched as a kid that scared the hell out of you

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie Musings >> RE: Movies you watched as a kid that scared the hell out of you Page: <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Movies you watched as a kid that scared the hell ou... - 3/4/2008 5:01:40 PM   
DAVID GILLESPIE

quote:

ORIGINAL: DanCurley

While not a film, V had its moments, especially when that second baby came out. Was lying in bed shaking with fear after watching that lizardy abomination ermerge from its slumber...

It was te first baby with the forked tung that made made jump. I was not expecting the little bugger to do that. Lizard turd had pretty blue eyes.

Cludge Judge * Cold Fish

(in reply to DanCurley)
Post #: 151
RE: Movies you watched as a kid that scared the hell ou... - 4/4/2008 11:59:35 AM   
Baby Bear

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tech_Noir

You know the thread " People you shouldn't be attracted to ".......?

Yep, this picture makes the grade for me.......not scary......sexy!

" At least he was asleep when I hit him with the shovel......." Moses Lawn. RIP

Has tin foil hat issues ( thanks Woger...love it )

Felix: "Poor guy. They must be like space hoppers by now."

lympo :
I have no idea how the idea came about! one moment I was eating turkey, the next i was on all fours

Daz : Get. A fucking. Room.

(in reply to Tech_Noir)
Post #: 152
RE: Movies you watched as a kid that scared the hell ou... - 4/4/2008 3:04:39 PM   
xmagic_dustx

Its technically a mini-series, but still.

"I've killed a Hell of a lot of people to get to this point."

(in reply to Baby Bear)
Post #: 153
RE: Movies you watched as a kid that scared the hell ou... - 4/4/2008 5:58:19 PM   
Bowl of Wrong

The stupidest thing that scared me when I was little was in Superman 3, when that woman got sucked into the computer and turned into a cyborg. Frightened the life out of me it did.

"Luckily, the amount of heroin I use is harmless: I inject about once a month on a purely recreational basis. Fine. But what about other people less stable, less educated, less middle-class than me? Builders, or blacks, for example. If you're one of those, my advice is to leave well alone."

(in reply to DAVID GILLESPIE)
Post #: 154
RE: Movies you watched as a kid that scared the hell ou... - 4/4/2008 8:40:10 PM   
JennieC

For me it was the Disney 'family' movie Watcher in the Woods that gave me weeks of sleepless nights.  Creepy figures in the woods, the girl in the mirror, the seance sequence.  All too much for me I'm afraid - I had completely forgotten the ending was so poor until I saw it again recently (BBC 2, holiday period sometime) and cringed.  The bulk of the movie I still found creepy though.

"Golden - he came here from another planet, but that planet is awesome man"

(in reply to Bowl of Wrong)
Post #: 155
RE: Movies you watched as a kid that scared the hell ou... - 4/4/2008 8:52:51 PM   
Porrohman

quote:

ORIGINAL: JennieC

For me it was the Disney 'family' movie Watcher in the Woods that gave me weeks of sleepless nights.  Creepy figures in the woods, the girl in the mirror, the seance sequence.  All too much for me I'm afraid - I had completely forgotten the ending was so poor until I saw it again recently (BBC 2, holiday period sometime) and cringed.  The bulk of the movie I still found creepy though.

I remember that.That was really creepy.

And its just started on BBC1

< Message edited by Porrohman -- 5/4/2008 2:34:45 PM >

(in reply to JennieC)
Post #: 156
RE: Movies you watched as a kid that scared the hell ou... - 10/4/2008 9:32:21 AM   
Bobbys Girl

I can remember stumbling in on my brother watching the Incredible Melting Man, and I soon turned and ran out.  Seem to remember him walking down a corridor with melted bits of him dropping off.  The same brother also introduced to me Freddy when he was babysitting me.  It wasn't one of the films, but Will Smith's tune "Nightmare on My Street" from his Fresh Prince with Jazzy Jeff days.  It's a rubbish tune really, but Freddy's after him, and his voice comes on and tells him he's gonna die and stuff.  It seriously freaked me out, and I've never watched any of the Nightmare films, and can't even bring myself to look at a picture of him, and I'm 28 now.  Yes, SkeletonJack, your avatar is disturbing me greatly.
The Shining gave me nightmares from just watching a trailer for it on Channel 4, as they were due to air it.  Another corridor scene.  It's corridors - it has to be.
Piranha had me screaming and crying as a young 'un.  We'd got in from a nice Christmas party somewhere, where Father Christmas had given me an ace pressie, and I was all happy, only for my Dad to switch the tv on to a scene where everybody's getting ripped to shreds.  I remember my mum bollocking him.
And although there's loads I'm agreeing with as I read the thread, I'll just mention this last one, incase someone can name it and prove that I haven't just dreamt it up.....
It's an animated one which looks kinda Japanese in it's style.  There's some folks on a space ship (I think), and one of them is a little blonde boy, who goes wandering off whilst they've landed somewhere, and these evil, psycho bird things come and peck him to death.  The scene seems to go on for ages, and it was horrible.  It was even shown during the Christmas holidays from school.  I have no idea what it's called, but it was nasty.

Oh, and although it's TV, so doesn't really count, Tales of the Unexpected always scared me enough to want to go to bed as soon as I heard the music start.

(in reply to Porrohman)
Post #: 157
RE: Movies you watched as a kid that scared the hell ou... - 10/4/2008 10:07:37 AM   
Ivan Galliver

I watched this all the way through feeling smug because it didn't even make me twitch, then at the last second they hit me with this..I have never jumped at a film scene like I did at this one, the hand scene in Carrie ::

Which came first, the xenomorph or the egg ??

(in reply to DanCurley)
Post #: 158
RE: Movies you watched as a kid that scared the hell ou... - 10/4/2008 10:44:40 AM   
samthemanc

as a kid i was somewhat terrified by Labyrinth i was a sheltered child ha ha

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months. - Oscar Wilde

From now on, ending a sentence with a preposition is something up with which I will not put. - Winston Churchill

Dying's a day worth living for - Captain Barbossa

(in reply to Ivan Galliver)
Post #: 159
RE: Movies you watched as a kid that scared the hell ou... - 10/4/2008 10:51:13 AM   
Manchurian candidate

quote:

This guy should have scared me, I was at the right age to be scared, but for some reason I just thought he was great to look at.

Who is it?

"Ford's economics are the worst thing that's happened to this country since pantyhose ruined finger-fucking."
Lyndon B. Johnson
"British Beatitudes! Beer, beef, business, bibles, bulldogs, battleships, buggery and bishops"
-Ulysses, By James Joyce
"Rose McGowan is a fucking clown"
-Harry Lime
"Who's Keith"
- Rhubarb

(in reply to Tech_Noir)
Post #: 160
RE: Movies you watched as a kid that scared the hell ou... - 10/4/2008 11:54:14 AM   
dark_exodus

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jacks Rage

Amelie Scotland: I can. But it took me over ten years to work up the guts to do it.

Okay, putting aside the usual suspects (Freddie, Jason and the like) and going back to when I was really young this flat out scared the fuck out me...

First came these spindly freaks

But what totally traumatized me was this bitch...

and this room...

I seriously couldn't sleep for days.

This film scared the shit out of me. Defiantly not a film I'll ever watch again.

< Message edited by dark_exodus -- 10/4/2008 11:56:21 AM >

Watched at the Cinema Recently
The Town 4/5
Buried 4/5

www.gameshideout.co.uk

(in reply to Jacks Rage)
Post #: 161
RE: Movies you watched as a kid that scared the hell ou... - 10/4/2008 1:01:57 PM   
DAVID GILLESPIE

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bobbys Girl

Oh, and although it's TV, so doesn't really count, Tales of the Unexpected always scared me enough to want to go to bed as soon as I heard the music start.

I think it was that scary organ, carnival type music. That freaked me out too!

Cludge Judge * Cold Fish

(in reply to Bobbys Girl)
Post #: 162
RE: Movies you watched as a kid that scared the hell ou... - 10/4/2008 1:03:40 PM   
DAVID GILLESPIE

quote:

ORIGINAL: Manchurian candidate

quote:

This guy should have scared me, I was at the right age to be scared, but for some reason I just thought he was great to look at.

Who is it?

It's Tim Curry in Legend of course!

Cludge Judge * Cold Fish

(in reply to Manchurian candidate)
Post #: 163
RE: Movies you watched as a kid that scared the hell ou... - 10/4/2008 6:01:34 PM   
valo03

The nuke bit in Terminator 2 gave me nightmares for weeks. It still freaks me out now!
The ghost of christmas yet to come in the Muppets Xmas Carol
And the exorcism scene in Beatlejuice *shiver*

Post #: 164
RE: Movies you watched as a kid that scared the hell ou... - 10/4/2008 7:32:22 PM   
Bobbys Girl

And although there's loads I'm agreeing with as I read the thread, I'll just mention this last one, incase someone can name it and prove that I haven't just dreamt it up.....
It's an animated one which looks kinda Japanese in it's style.  There's some folks on a space ship (I think), and one of them is a little blonde boy, who goes wandering off whilst they've landed somewhere, and these evil, psycho bird things come and peck him to death.  The scene seems to go on for ages, and it was horrible.  It was even shown during the Christmas holidays from school.  I have no idea what it's called, but it was nasty.

After reading the Name the Film thread, this little nasty was in there, so now I know I didn't just dream it, and my sanity is somewhat restored.
It's Time Masters, and it's French, rather than Japanese.  The psycho birds are also actually insects.  I clicked the link on the thread to some pictures of it, and it's that one alright.  Still looks pretty sinister years after.

Post #: 165
RE: Movies you watched as a kid that scared the hell ou... - 11/4/2008 11:01:12 AM   
captain jack harknes

Definitely agree with the Return to Oz post; also terrified by 'Dolly Dearest (1992)' my mum hired it on video for my 9th birthday party and my friends' parents wouldn't allow them to come over again after it scared us all! 

"The arctic has no respect for fashion, Vince"

"I ain't no one's trophy."

"You got it, Allison. You got it RAW!"

Post #: 166
RE: Movies you watched as a kid that scared the hell ou... - 11/4/2008 11:10:49 AM   
Acquiesce

Misery - first film i saw that really got me hooked on movies. It didn't scare the hell out of me, but i was tense and on the dge of my seat, and it really opened up a whole new world to me.

It's still one of my top 10 favourite ever films as well.

(in reply to captain jack harknes)
Post #: 167
RE: Movies you watched as a kid that scared the hell ou... - 13/4/2008 4:37:58 PM   
simonsenlis

sounds silly but the first time i saw Buffy The Vampire Slayer movie i was scared to death.  but i watched it recently andi'm like what the hell was i scared of cos its so camp

Post #: 168
RE: Movies you watched as a kid that scared the hell ou... - 13/4/2008 6:52:42 PM   
Diggler

Poltergeist terrified me as a kid. I haven't seen it for a few years but I reckon there would still be some emotional damage there should I watch it now. The music used to scare me and that clown under the bed made me check mine every night for years.

"Hey Ron, I'm riding a furry tractor"

(in reply to simonsenlis)
Post #: 169
RE: Movies you watched as a kid that scared the hell ou... - 25/4/2008 5:52:34 PM   
Bowl of Wrong

quote:

ORIGINAL: DAVID GILLESPIE

quote:

ORIGINAL: Manchurian candidate

quote:

Who is it?

That just makes me think of The Pick of Destiny.

"Luckily, the amount of heroin I use is harmless: I inject about once a month on a purely recreational basis. Fine. But what about other people less stable, less educated, less middle-class than me? Builders, or blacks, for example. If you're one of those, my advice is to leave well alone."

Post #: 170
RE: Movies you watched as a kid that scared the hell ou... - 25/4/2008 6:28:12 PM   
paul.mccluskey

quote:

ORIGINAL: mustbebunnies

I never actually watched it, but just the thought of Candyman scared me...although I do remember trying to be cool at school by being the only one that would go into the loos and say his name into the mirror..

I remember an advert for the UK premiere on Channel 4, and that voice creeped me out.  The ad for The Exorcist when it was re-released in 1997/1998 scared the shit out of me too!

It was mostly fantasy films that freaked me out.  Whenever I was beginning to get scared I would stand at the edge of my bedroom door, then run out !

I watched about half an hour of The Wizard of Oz and I was traumatised by the Wicked Witch of the West!

AndI always remember seeing a bit of The Omen when I was really young.  It was the scene in which Gregory Peck and David Warner are getting terrorised by the dogs in the graveyard.  Now that was terrifying!

(in reply to Bowl of Wrong)
Post #: 171
RE: Movies you watched as a kid that scared the hell ou... - 25/4/2008 7:18:25 PM   
Rhino171

Return to Oz scared me so much as well.
I stopped watching after the woman had the room with all the heads and she swapped them. It's just wrong!

You know, somehow, "I told you so" just doesn't quite say it.

(in reply to kasm)
Post #: 172
RE: Movies you watched as a kid that scared the hell ou... - 25/4/2008 7:39:03 PM   
boaby

I saw RotJ before ESB.

When Luke cut off Vader's hand and then looks at his own artificial one I thought he was turning into Vader, literally. I was petrified.

Also, the 6 fingered baddy in the Princess Bride utterly spooked me.

Optimus Prime dying properly buckled me. Heroes can't die! Why is the hero dead? Aaaaaaaaaaargggggggghhhhhhh! This film is evil. I was afraid for the rest of the film.

Christopher Lloyd in "Roger Rabbit" - deary me. I was hunkered down in the cinema, on my knees in front of my chair, peering through the gap in the seats. Popcorn long forgotten.

"Aberdonians, and with some degree of purpose and right on their side, have absolute contempt for Glasgow. There is a side of Aberdonians who, let's be absolutely honest about this, feel so superior to Glasgow that you can measure it by the yard."

(in reply to Rhino171)
Post #: 173
RE: Movies you watched as a kid that scared the hell ou... - 25/4/2008 7:45:02 PM   
Tech_Noir

quote:

ORIGINAL: boaby

When Luke cut off Vader's hand and then looks at his own artificial one I thought he was turning into Vader, literally. I was petrified.

Thank you!!!

I thought I was alone in thinking that.

(in reply to boaby)
Post #: 174
RE: Movies you watched as a kid that scared the hell ou... - 25/4/2008 7:46:34 PM   
Manchurian candidate

quote:

Thanks, I knew it from somewhere, just not sure where.

"Ford's economics are the worst thing that's happened to this country since pantyhose ruined finger-fucking."
Lyndon B. Johnson
"British Beatitudes! Beer, beef, business, bibles, bulldogs, battleships, buggery and bishops"
-Ulysses, By James Joyce
"Rose McGowan is a fucking clown"
-Harry Lime
"Who's Keith"
- Rhubarb

(in reply to Tech_Noir)
Post #: 175
RE: Movies you watched as a kid that scared the hell ou... - 25/4/2008 8:11:37 PM   
Overmind

My parents rentet it when it was first out on vhs. Must have been in 1983.
I was only 11 years old. A ghostmovie couldnt hurt..
Seriously. It gave me nightmares. 

"All suspects are to be considered guilty, period. Or else they wouldn't be suspects would they?" -TROOPS

(in reply to Manchurian candidate)
Post #: 176
RE: Movies you watched as a kid that scared the hell ou... - 29/4/2008 3:41:52 PM   
Harley Quinn

The dark crystal frightened the pants off me. My mum still waves it at me in the shop and go all funny. Never been able to watch it.

An American Werewolf in London where the sigh creeks for some reason (I had a very cruel babysitter who made me watch it).

The blue lagoon where the spider comes out of the mans nose.

The lion the witch and the wardrobe the cartoon version. I still have a nightmare that I go through the back of the wadrobe and can't get home.

"A mother's love for her child is like nothing else in the world. It knows no law, no pity, it dares all things and crushes down remorselessly all that stands in its path."

Owner of the Naughty Milkmaid.

Post #: 177
RE: Movies you watched as a kid that scared the hell ou... - 29/4/2008 9:11:47 PM   
thepluginbaby

I was at a young and impressionably age when I made the mistake of watching Event Horizon.   If nothing else Paul W.S. Anderson succeeded in scaring the shit out of me by bringing forward a realisation of a very real fear of Hell...  Where did Sam Neil's eyes go?  Why would he take them out? Why? 

"I have come to the conclusion that my gut, has shit for brains."

"Must go faster..."

My personal blog, ToBePhair, full of frantic movie/music/video game scribblings: http://tobephair.blogspot.com/

Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/ToBePhair

(in reply to Harley Quinn)
Post #: 178
RE: Movies you watched as a kid that scared the hell ou... - 30/4/2008 8:37:46 AM   
claytonmeister

This horrible bastard from Who framed Roger Rabbit!?

"My father died when he was making love to a 20 year old. He came and went at the same time!" Richard Pryor

"You mean I'm black does dad know!?"

(in reply to Hex)
Post #: 179
RE: Movies you watched as a kid that scared the hell ou... - 30/4/2008 3:56:57 PM   
filmburner30

not a film either but Mr Noseybonk from the TV show Jigsaw gave me more nightmares than countless Saw Movies Would

"Where are you calling from Milo?"
"The bottom of the pool?"

"Im The Anti Christ.You got me in a Vendetta kind of mood"

"Come back Alan , You Wanker!"

"Your a Doctor,Deal with it"

(in reply to DanCurley)
Post #: 180
Page:   <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie Musings >> RE: Movies you watched as a kid that scared the hell out of you Page: <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI