Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Movies you watched as a kid that scared the hell out of you

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie Musings >> RE: Movies you watched as a kid that scared the hell out of you Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Movies you watched as a kid that scared the hell ou... - 30/3/2008 5:57:26 PM   
Maria Noir

Peter MacNicol as the nanny in Ghostbusters II:

The Empire Script Challenge: Month 19 - Look Through The Looking Glass

"And our bodies are earth. And our thoughts are clay. And we sleep and eat with death."

"- Are we going to let politics get in the way of our friendship?
- Friendship? You told people I lured children into my Gingerbread House!
- Haha. Yeah. That was just a lie."

(in reply to Deviation)
Post #: 61
RE: Movies you watched as a kid that scared the hell ou... - 30/3/2008 5:58:47 PM   
Tech_Noir

quote:

ORIGINAL: Baby Bear

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tech_Noir

Poltergeist 3, creepy old man always appearing in the mirror.

I looked him up. The guy died of cancer during the shooting and that was genuinely why he looked so awful. He was a bohemian actor and ran a theatre comany from the streets, basically. Scary as hell.

God is in..his..holy..temple!

He looks a little like Charlton Heston.

(in reply to Baby Bear)
Post #: 62
RE: Movies you watched as a kid that scared the hell ou... - 30/3/2008 6:09:55 PM   
Kazuya

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jacks Rage.

First came these spindly freaks

But what totally traumatized me was this bitch...

and this room...

I seriously couldn't sleep for days.

I agree completely with this, Return to Oz scared the fuck out of me when I was a kid, I still find several scenes unnerving. Good film though. I also agree with whoever mentioned Salem's Lot.

"Bleed, bastard."

(in reply to Jacks Rage)
Post #: 63
RE: Movies you watched as a kid that scared the hell ou... - 30/3/2008 6:10:01 PM   
homersimpson_esq

This scene had me behind the settee, guaranteed, every time. *shudders*

That deep-browed Homer ruled as his demesne.

Bristol Bad Film Club
A place where movie fans can come and behold some of the most awful films ever put to celluloid.

(in reply to stuieboy)
Post #: 64
RE: Movies you watched as a kid that scared the hell ou... - 30/3/2008 6:14:24 PM   
golightly

quote:

ORIGINAL: mustbebunnies

I never actually watched it, but just the thought of Candyman scared me...although I do remember trying to be cool at school by being the only one that would go into the loos and say his name into the mirror..

I did this too! Still haven't seen the flick...
I once accidentally peeped Nightmare on Elm Street and was tormented for years. For some reason, I was convnced that Freddy lived in my toilet.
Interestingly enough, I still don't know how to swim. As a child, Jaws told me not to go back into the water, so I never did.

(in reply to mustbebunnies)
Post #: 65
RE: Movies you watched as a kid that scared the hell ou... - 30/3/2008 6:21:37 PM   
rikkie

Please remember the rules on posting images containing nudity or graphic horror.

Oh no, not the bees! Not the bees! Ahhhhhh! All over my eyes! Eyes! Blaaaarghhh!

(in reply to golightly)
Post #: 66
RE: Movies you watched as a kid that scared the hell ou... - 30/3/2008 6:26:23 PM   
Indio

Quatermass And The Pit, I remember being on holiday when I was 7 or 8 and my mum & dad pissing off down the pub and leaving me to watch this on tv by myself - the bastards

'Think about the future.'

(in reply to rikkie)
Post #: 67
RE: Movies you watched as a kid that scared the hell ou... - 30/3/2008 6:29:11 PM   
Quint

quote:

ORIGINAL: Maria Noir

Peter MacNicol as the nanny in Ghostbusters II:

I'm so glad I'm not the only one. When he comes for the baby it's seriously freaky stuff.

My Art: http://adamwayneart.com/

(in reply to Maria Noir)
Post #: 68
RE: Movies you watched as a kid that scared the hell ou... - 30/3/2008 6:34:17 PM   
Baby Bear

quote:

ORIGINAL: homersimpson_esq

Homey, what is the scene? ! I'm too scared to click..........

" At least he was asleep when I hit him with the shovel......." Moses Lawn. RIP

Has tin foil hat issues ( thanks Woger...love it )

Felix: "Poor guy. They must be like space hoppers by now."

lympo :
I have no idea how the idea came about! one moment I was eating turkey, the next i was on all fours

Daz : Get. A fucking. Room.

(in reply to homersimpson_esq)
Post #: 69
RE: Movies you watched as a kid that scared the hell ou... - 30/3/2008 6:41:36 PM   
homersimpson_esq

quote:

quote:

Lol, it's completely innocent, but you're right, I probably should have said! It's the psychedelic boat ride from Willy Wonka...!

Bristol Bad Film Club
A place where movie fans can come and behold some of the most awful films ever put to celluloid.

(in reply to Baby Bear)
Post #: 70
RE: Movies you watched as a kid that scared the hell ou... - 30/3/2008 6:42:57 PM   
Olaf

quote:

*Also shudders* That song.....

I tried to groan, Help! Help! But the tone that came out was that of polite conversation.

Empire Top 100 Albums Poll 2013: CLICK HERE

Post #: 71
RE: Movies you watched as a kid that scared the hell ou... - 30/3/2008 6:56:39 PM   
paul_ie86

The start of Star Trek: First Contact where it shows Picard becoming Lucutis.

My Group Project's facebook page. Please like

(in reply to Hex)
Post #: 72
RE: Movies you watched as a kid that scared the hell ou... - 30/3/2008 6:58:47 PM   
Wilbert

quote:

quote:

quote:

Lol, it's completely innocent, but you're right, I probably should have said! It's the psychedelic boat ride from Willy Wonka...!

This might help, Homer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsE0UOz1uw4

You're killing Independent George!!!!

Post #: 73
RE: Movies you watched as a kid that scared the hell ou... - 30/3/2008 7:02:33 PM   
impqueen

When I was child (6/7) I had an irresponsible babysitter who showed me films like Aliens, Nightmare on Elm Street and Full Metal Jacket and yet it was E.T. that scared the life out of me, yep the turd-esq looking alien that every child loved freaked me out, my siblings still take the piss.

Look at him the evil, little, ugly git!   EVIL!

Oh and I was tricked into watching the beginning of  IT by my brother when I was eight and well you know the whole clown down the drain, arm ripping off incident…he told me it was The Terminator, bastard...

This idiot too.. (1986)

< Message edited by impqueen -- 30/3/2008 7:05:59 PM >

Yes, always.

(in reply to paul_ie86)
Post #: 74
RE: Movies you watched as a kid that scared the hell ou... - 30/3/2008 7:05:37 PM   
homersimpson_esq

Classic Wilbert! If only they had one of them for every source of childhood trauma, psychologists would be out of a job! 

Bristol Bad Film Club

(in reply to Wilbert)
Post #: 75
RE: Movies you watched as a kid that scared the hell ou... - 30/3/2008 7:38:45 PM   
kumar

quote:

ORIGINAL: Wilbert

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tech_Noir

Poltergeist 3, creepy old man always appearing in the mirror.

When my brother first saw this guy in Poltergeist, he screamed and ran out of the house and down the street!

this mans appearance in poltergeist was brilliant. not sure if it was 1, or 2, he comes to the door of the family house and warns them;

with that smile "you are gooiiing to dddiiiiiiiiiiieeeee!"

it was a brilliantly effective line, very chilling. i only saw it a couple of years ago too, but i remember that mans face. very creepy

"Darth Silas - I love Craig as Bond too. Genius. "- Jackmansgirl 15/7/2008

Last films watched:

The Road - 4/5
Chronicle - 4/5
Twilight Breaking Dawn p1 - 1/5
Warrior - 5/5
Super 8 - 5/5
Paranormal Activity 3 - 3/5
MI 4 - 2/5

(in reply to Wilbert)
Post #: 76
RE: Movies you watched as a kid that scared the hell ou... - 30/3/2008 7:43:20 PM   
pixiedevil_pop

Pet Sematery -  kinda freaked me out when the zombiefied kid started biting the old dude.
IT - Tim Curry as pennywise, I struggled to settle for weeks after that.
The Neverending Story - When Atreyu loses Artex...and also the giant turtle scared me a little
Candyman - just all of it.

We're gonna need a bigger boat.

Post #: 77
RE: Movies you watched as a kid that scared the hell ou... - 30/3/2008 9:34:22 PM   
Sphinx

The wheelers, reverend Cane, pennywise Mola Ram taking the heart out.........face it we'll never get a decade so un-PC again!!

Meet The New Boss...Same As The Old Boss

(in reply to pixiedevil_pop)
Post #: 78
RE: Movies you watched as a kid that scared the hell ou... - 30/3/2008 9:35:49 PM   
will1000

Seriously freaked me out as a kid....

(in reply to pixiedevil_pop)
Post #: 79
RE: Movies you watched as a kid that scared the hell ou... - 30/3/2008 9:47:52 PM   
golightly

How could I forget IT?!

Horrible stuff. I was tricked into watching it, as well.
As much as I loved Beetlejuice, the bit where the couple try and leave the house and there's just sand everywhere, and the weird snake/worm thing... ack.

(in reply to will1000)
Post #: 80
RE: Movies you watched as a kid that scared the hell ou... - 30/3/2008 10:07:38 PM   
DAVID GILLESPIE

I still can't bring myself to watch the ending of Invasion of the Body Snatchers (1978). (Spoiler alert) I watched that one with my folks and was gobsmacked when Donald Ssutherland creamed at V Cartwright. Horrible but brilliant.

Completely agree with the comments on the scary old bloke in Poltergeist 2. He's terrifying from the moment you see him walking along by the fence appraoching the house.
I also had nightmares from the bit in the first movie when the guy eats the drumstick and then tears his face off as he stares in the mirror.

Cludge Judge * Cold Fish

(in reply to golightly)
Post #: 81
RE: Movies you watched as a kid that scared the hell ou... - 30/3/2008 10:09:21 PM   
DAVID GILLESPIE

quote:

ORIGINAL: DAVID GILLESPIE

I still can't bring myself to watch the ending of Invasion of the Body Snatchers (1978). (Spoiler alert) I watched that one with my folks and was gobsmacked when Donald Sutherland Screamed at V Cartwright. Horrible but brilliant.

Completely agree with the comments on the scary old bloke in Poltergeist 2. He's terrifying from the moment you see him walking along by the fence appraoching the house.
I also had nightmares from the bit in the first movie when the guy eats the drumstick and then tears his face off as he stares in the mirror.

Sorry folks that's screamed not 'creamed'. Wrong movie?

Cludge Judge * Cold Fish

(in reply to DAVID GILLESPIE)
Post #: 82
RE: Movies you watched as a kid that scared the hell ou... - 30/3/2008 11:25:09 PM   
Jacks Rage

quote:

ORIGINAL: Kazuya

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jacks Rage.

First came these spindly freaks

But what totally traumatized me was this bitch...

and this room...

I seriously couldn't sleep for days.

I agree completely with this, Return to Oz scared the fuck out of me when I was a kid, I still find several scenes unnerving. Good film though. I also agree with whoever mentioned Salem's Lot.

I haven't seen it since I was kid. Think I'm going to have to give it a watch. You know face my fear and all. Seriously though, I wouldn't be surprised if it gets to me a bit (and brings back some old memories). It was a pretty twisted film. And scary as fuck for a kid. I mean Mombi wanting to harvest Dorothy's head.

Btw, I'm surprised no one has mentioned Mr. "Kali Ma" yet...

I remember my dad having to fast forward thru a lot of his scenes the first time I watched it.

Now, a question of etiquette - as I pass, do I give you the ass or the crotch?

(in reply to Kazuya)
Post #: 83
RE: Movies you watched as a kid that scared the hell ou... - 30/3/2008 11:49:11 PM   
siegfried

The scene in Night Of The Hunter where the preacher (Robert Mitchum) is stalking outside the house where Rachel Cooper (Lilian Gish) is protecting the children, and both are singing Leaning On Jesus.
It frightened the hell out of me when I was 13, and watching it late at night on my own.

"Premeditated murder is one thing, but I will not have lying in this house."

Marriage is one of those things that is best gotten over with in youth - like chicken pox.

Not only is there no God, but try getting a plumber on weekends.

(in reply to Jacks Rage)
Post #: 84
RE: Movies you watched as a kid that scared the hell ou... - 30/3/2008 11:50:30 PM   
Caster

The Care Bears Movie.  Evil book possesses little boy.  Scary shit y'all.

(in reply to Jacks Rage)
Post #: 85
RE: Movies you watched as a kid that scared the hell ou... - 31/3/2008 8:27:10 AM   
Baby Bear

I'm scrolling veeeerrrrry slowly down these pages....................

*peeks through fingers*

Impqueen is looking for a poke in the eye with that post of Pennywise...........

" At least he was asleep when I hit him with the shovel......." Moses Lawn. RIP

Has tin foil hat issues ( thanks Woger...love it )

Felix: "Poor guy. They must be like space hoppers by now."

lympo :
I have no idea how the idea came about! one moment I was eating turkey, the next i was on all fours

Daz : Get. A fucking. Room.

(in reply to Caster)
Post #: 86
RE: Movies you watched as a kid that scared the hell ou... - 31/3/2008 8:49:03 AM   
Tech_Noir

quote:

ORIGINAL: Caster

The Care Bears Movie.  Evil book possesses little boy.  Scary shit y'all.

Have to agree with this one.

Do we need help?

(in reply to Caster)
Post #: 87
RE: Movies you watched as a kid that scared the hell ou... - 31/3/2008 9:32:02 AM   
IMFienne

I was terrified of the transformation scene in Superman 3 where the
woman turns into a robot   Even now I don't think I can watch it, it's so freaky.

I was in the Virgin Islands once. I met a girl. We ate lobster and drank pina coladas. At sunset we made love like sea otters. *That* was a pretty good day. Why couldn't I get that day over and over and over...

(in reply to Tech_Noir)
Post #: 88
RE: Movies you watched as a kid that scared the hell ou... - 31/3/2008 9:46:11 AM   
LEEJGM

Horrors never really bothered me as a kid but like many, my parents thought Robocop was probably ok for an 8 year old kid to watch.  I loved it but the bit with Murphy getting shot to bits and Emile melting with toxic waste all over him scared the living shit out of me.  I still feel strange when I watch them scenes now. 

(in reply to Deviation)
Post #: 89
RE: Movies you watched as a kid that scared the hell ou... - 31/3/2008 9:47:53 AM   
Tech_Noir

When I was young 2010 freaked me out.

I had no idea what was going on; some strange man (who was like a ghost) saying "something wonderful" was about to happen, that astronaught vanishing after coming near some black thing in space, the repetition of "My God, it's full of stars".

(in reply to IMFienne)
Post #: 90
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie Musings >> RE: Movies you watched as a kid that scared the hell out of you Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI