Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Movies you watched as a kid that scared the hell out of you

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie Musings >> RE: Movies you watched as a kid that scared the hell out of you Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Movies you watched as a kid that scared the hell ou... - 29/3/2008 11:44:03 PM   
gunstar

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jacks Rage
First came these spindly freaks

I seriously couldn't sleep for days.

those genuinely were very freaky. it is really silly but i thought the idea of wheels for hands and feet were terrifying. the knome king

got my heart beating, but seriously, the wheelers really frightened me.

i caught it at xmas and it brought it back a bit. it is a surprisingly dark film that one, to say its for kids!

Had to leave the cinema because of the wrongness. Extremely bad joojoo.

'We can take these Deadites! We can take them.....with science."

"We'll get 'em. We'll throw the book at them. Assault and kidnapping. Assault with a gun and a bourbon and a sports car."

"Falcon! Grab my ankles!"

(in reply to kumar)
Post #: 31
RE: Movies you watched as a kid that scared the hell ou... - 29/3/2008 11:48:35 PM   
The REAL Bozz

Yeah, jesus I remember being freaked out by Return To Oz. It was a nasty little film! Aint seen it in years though. Probably laugh at it now  ...

Films I've watched
Star Trek Into Darkness ***
Iron Man 3 *****
Evil Dead (2013) ***
Bait 3D ***

(in reply to gunstar)
Post #: 32
RE: Movies you watched as a kid that scared the hell ou... - 29/3/2008 11:50:10 PM   
JamesMcManus1

Jaws - still can't have my feet on the floor if i watch it.

IT - had a bad experience with a clown when i was little(he squirted me in the face with his flower while i was eating an ice cream, he thought it was hilarious which is obviously in his job description but as a young 3 year old boy at his first circus, made me cry a little bit- cue the ahhhh), then watched this film some years later, and now i think i'm scared off clowns for life!

www.off-the-ball.co.uk

Visit me!

(in reply to gunstar)
Post #: 33
RE: Movies you watched as a kid that scared the hell ou... - 29/3/2008 11:55:20 PM   
Wilbert

Salem's Lot terrified my brother and I when we were kids. When you first see Barlow in the jail-cell my brother and I jumped so high that we nearly went through the ceiling.

You're killing Independent George!!!!

(in reply to JamesMcManus1)
Post #: 34
RE: Movies you watched as a kid that scared the hell ou... - 30/3/2008 10:09:33 AM   
Hartigan

quote:

ORIGINAL: JamesMcManus1
IT - had a bad experience with a clown when i was little(he squirted me in the face with his flower while i was eating an ice cream, he thought it was hilarious which is obviously in his job description but as a young 3 year old boy at his first circus, made me cry a little bit- cue the ahhhh), then watched this film some years later, and now i think i'm scared off clowns for life!

I saw the film FIRST and THEN had my experience with clowns...you got it lucky dude!

An old man dies, a little girl lives. Fair trade

Oh, I'm sorry, did I break your concentration?

(in reply to JamesMcManus1)
Post #: 35
RE: Movies you watched as a kid that scared the hell ou... - 30/3/2008 10:20:56 AM   
Baby Bear

Most of these were viewed as an adult, but I still have nightmares and if we are watching a spooky movie, I have to have DB take me to the loo!

Salems Lot ( Barlow, Danny Glick, the teacher....)
It - Pennywise coming out of the loo. ( DB knows when I've had a bath because the lid of the loo is down and there is a towel on top of it )
Evil dead- the bit where she's under the floorboards ( I have this dream monthly)
Excorcist- green vom. I have a problem with puking on the tv.( ER is a nightmare!)

As a kid, the old vampire movies were the ones that scared me most.......

" At least he was asleep when I hit him with the shovel......." Moses Lawn. RIP

Has tin foil hat issues ( thanks Woger...love it )

Felix: "Poor guy. They must be like space hoppers by now."

lympo :
I have no idea how the idea came about! one moment I was eating turkey, the next i was on all fours

Daz : Get. A fucking. Room.

(in reply to Hartigan)
Post #: 36
RE: Movies you watched as a kid that scared the hell ou... - 30/3/2008 10:22:56 AM   
Tech_Noir

Scared me for weeks.

(in reply to Baby Bear)
Post #: 37
RE: Movies you watched as a kid that scared the hell ou... - 30/3/2008 10:33:16 AM   
Baby Bear

A few people I knew watched it. Did you see the monk figure as the camera scanned the bedroom, Techie? No one I knew saw it! I felt a total idiot. Emperors new clothes and all that!

I know that it was all a set up, but it still was pretty well done and if you were a believer, you were just handed the proof....

lympo :
I have no idea how the idea came about! one moment I was eating turkey, the next i was on all fours

(in reply to Tech_Noir)
Post #: 38
RE: Movies you watched as a kid that scared the hell ou... - 30/3/2008 11:21:45 AM   
Tech_Noir

I was only 10 at the time and I thought it was all for real.

I remember the clanging pipes freaked me out.

The show even had fake call-ins, which made it even more believable.

< Message edited by Tech_Noir -- 30/3/2008 11:23:17 AM >

(in reply to Baby Bear)
Post #: 39
RE: Movies you watched as a kid that scared the hell ou... - 30/3/2008 11:32:05 AM   
Newander

Loads....I spent my childhood being terrified of films, but still watching them with a morbid fascination,  films like:
Halloween...the music still creeps me out.
Friday the 13th part one.
Evil Dead...just wrong on so many levels when you're a kid.
The child catcher in Chitty Chitty Band Bang.
Nightmare On Elm Street.
It...clowns again are just plain creepy.
Children Of The Corn...I watched this about a month ago and its shockingly bad now.

To indeed be a god!

(in reply to Tech_Noir)
Post #: 40
RE: Movies you watched as a kid that scared the hell ou... - 30/3/2008 11:52:40 AM   
evil bill

THE HAUNTING,i could'nt sleep that night after watching it on the TV,spent the night under the cover's hoping they would protect me.
The child catcher in Chitty Chitty Bang Bang,that gave nme nightmare's for week's after seeing that creepy guy.
THE THING FROM ANOTHER WORLD,another sleepless night after this classic.
PSYCHO,HOUSE OF WAX with Vincent Price,,PHANTOM OF THE OPERA all scared the hell out of me as a kid,but i loved them and still do.
Why did my parent's let me watch these friday night horror double bill's on the BBC all those years ago.

"You listen to me now,i will find you and i will kill you!"

(in reply to Newander)
Post #: 41
RE: Movies you watched as a kid that scared the hell ou... - 30/3/2008 1:07:04 PM   
hawkeye10

I know this guy has been mentioned, but he scared me as a kid(still does).

And it took me 5 years before I was brave enough to see this film. My friends told me it was shit scary and like a fool I believed them. Great to see Ray Wise as the star though. I think it was a Wes Craven film.

< Message edited by hawkeye10 -- 30/3/2008 1:09:18 PM >

Eyes of a Hawk!
Ears of a Wolf!
Strength of the Bear!
Speed of a Puma!

(in reply to kumar)
Post #: 42
RE: Movies you watched as a kid that scared the hell ou... - 30/3/2008 1:52:19 PM   
darkarius

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tech_Noir

Scared me for weeks.

i remember that.  that was great up until a certain point when it all became so obviously fake.  mr pipes  lol

things that shit me up were the two odd looking twin girls in the shining. 
the on the moors part of american werewolf in london.  walking in the pitch black being hunted down.

Nostalgia isnt what it used to be.

(in reply to Tech_Noir)
Post #: 43
RE: Movies you watched as a kid that scared the hell ou... - 30/3/2008 1:59:43 PM   
Baby Bear

Hawkeye, you gimp! I just shat mesel' !!!!           

I just know I'm gonna have a dream tonight..................

lympo :

(in reply to darkarius)
Post #: 44
RE: Movies you watched as a kid that scared the hell ou... - 30/3/2008 2:08:13 PM   
pocketrocket

quote:

ORIGINAL: Wilbert

Salem's Lot terrified my brother and I when we were kids. When you first see Barlow in the jail-cell my brother and I jumped so high that we nearly went through the ceiling.

With you Wilbert...the scratching at the window gave me real head under the duvet nightmares...

< Message edited by pocketrocket -- 30/3/2008 2:09:44 PM >

"A life Jmmy, you know what that is? It's the shit that happens while you're waiting for the moments that never come." Lester Freamon

(in reply to Wilbert)
Post #: 45
RE: Movies you watched as a kid that scared the hell ou... - 30/3/2008 2:08:48 PM   
hawkeye10

quote:

ORIGINAL: Baby Bear

Hawkeye, you gimp! I just shat mesel' !!!!           

I just know I'm gonna have a dream tonight..................

Check under the bed first. He mostly comes out at night...mostly.

Sweet dreams. Bwa-ha-ha-ha-haaaa!

(Sorry for making you jump BB)

Eyes of a Hawk!
Ears of a Wolf!
Strength of the Bear!
Speed of a Puma!

(in reply to Baby Bear)
Post #: 46
RE: Movies you watched as a kid that scared the hell ou... - 30/3/2008 2:59:28 PM   
Baby Bear

Between you and pocketrocket, I'll never sleep again.......................

lympo :

(in reply to hawkeye10)
Post #: 47
RE: Movies you watched as a kid that scared the hell ou... - 30/3/2008 3:13:09 PM   
DAVID GILLESPIE

quote:

ORIGINAL: Wilbert

That has to be one of the biggest jump scenes in cinema history and yes, I remember reacting the same way when I was a kid (replastering job on the ceiling).
Perhaps the dream sequence with the hospital bed in the forrest in American Werewolf in London is the only one that rivals that and you could see it coming a mile off.

Cludge Judge * Cold Fish

(in reply to Wilbert)
Post #: 48
RE: Movies you watched as a kid that scared the hell ou... - 30/3/2008 3:14:37 PM   
DAVID GILLESPIE

quote:

ORIGINAL: Newander

The child catcher in Chitty Chitty Band Bang.
ad now.

That guy was bloody horrifying!

Cludge Judge * Cold Fish

(in reply to Newander)
Post #: 49
RE: Movies you watched as a kid that scared the hell ou... - 30/3/2008 3:15:57 PM   
DAVID GILLESPIE

quote:

ORIGINAL: darkarius

quote:

Scared me for weeks.

i remember that.  that was great up until a certain point when it all became so obviously fake.  mr pipes  lol

things that shit me up were the two odd looking twin girls in the shining. 
the on the moors part of american werewolf in london.  walking in the pitch black being hunted down.

Sarah Greene and husband were particularly terrifying

Cludge Judge * Cold Fish

(in reply to darkarius)
Post #: 50
RE: Movies you watched as a kid that scared the hell ou... - 30/3/2008 3:19:36 PM   
Baby Bear

Oh, god. I forgot that one! The hospital bed bit! I still close my eyes!

And the Bilbo bit when he Gollums-out. Can't watch.

I am such a wuss.........

lympo :

(in reply to DAVID GILLESPIE)
Post #: 51
RE: Movies you watched as a kid that scared the hell ou... - 30/3/2008 3:23:27 PM   
TRM

The filmw which scared me as a kid was Gremlins. Watching it now i feel embarrassed

I'm going out to the states to redeem the social outcasts. My only real ambition is to cultivate Texas. I love Texas. You must watch "The last picture show". That film! It was my first real sexual relationship.

(in reply to Baby Bear)
Post #: 52
RE: Movies you watched as a kid that scared the hell ou... - 30/3/2008 3:51:30 PM   
Caster

There was a movie on TV when I was little called The Incredible Melting Man or something and it was about this astronaut who flies too close to the sun, melts and goes psycho back on earth.  To this day I can't bring myself to watch it.  Ditto for a film called The Abominable Snowman in which I saw a guy get crushed by a yeti foot.  I was piss-scared on going in any woods for about a decade.  Funny thing is, if I did watch these films now they'd probably be laughable.

Ghostbusters was a big one - the lady in the library.  That was fuckin' scary for a kid.  That and Slimer going for Bill Murray.

The Dark Crystal...watching those bird things chomping on dead flesh made me gag.

Aliens - Bishop being ripped in half.  I wouldn't touch milk for weeks because it reminded me of his 'blood' spurting everywhere.

Poltergeist - Scary clown under bed.  Monsters in closets.  Nuff said.

Christine - the bit where the car's on fire and chasing that guy down the road.

The Fly 2 - a really sick film that I vowed never to watch again.  Puppies turned inside out and people's faces melted off?  Shudder.  If it weren't for Shawshank and Mile I'd hate that Frank Darabont.

< Message edited by Caster -- 30/3/2008 3:55:06 PM >

(in reply to TRM)
Post #: 53
RE: Movies you watched as a kid that scared the hell ou... - 30/3/2008 4:00:47 PM   
Starscream

Robocop- The start when Bodicker and his crew are executing Murphy by shooting is hand off etc

The allspark will be mine!

(in reply to Caster)
Post #: 54
RE: Movies you watched as a kid that scared the hell ou... - 30/3/2008 4:07:18 PM   
Tech_Noir

Poltergeist 3, creepy old man always appearing in the mirror.

< Message edited by Tech_Noir -- 30/3/2008 4:08:33 PM >

(in reply to Starscream)
Post #: 55
RE: Movies you watched as a kid that scared the hell ou... - 30/3/2008 4:27:53 PM   
Wilbert

quote:

When my brother first saw this guy in Poltergeist, he screamed and ran out of the house and down the street!

You're killing Independent George!!!!

(in reply to Tech_Noir)
Post #: 56
RE: Movies you watched as a kid that scared the hell ou... - 30/3/2008 4:54:14 PM   
hawkeye10

quote:

ORIGINAL: Caster

There was a movie on TV when I was little called The Incredible Melting Man or something and it was about this astronaut who flies too close to the sun, melts and goes psycho back on earth.  To this day I can't bring myself to watch it.  Ditto for a film called The Abominable Snowman in which I saw a guy get crushed by a yeti foot.  I was piss-scared on going in any woods for about a decade.  Funny thing is, if I did watch these films now they'd probably be laughable.

Ghostbusters was a big one - the lady in the library.  That was fuckin' scary for a kid.  That and Slimer going for Bill Murray.

The Dark Crystal...watching those bird things chomping on dead flesh made me gag.

Aliens - Bishop being ripped in half.  I wouldn't touch milk for weeks because it reminded me of his 'blood' spurting everywhere.

Poltergeist - Scary clown under bed.  Monsters in closets.  Nuff said.

Christine - the bit where the car's on fire and chasing that guy down the road.

The Fly 2 - a really sick film that I vowed never to watch again.  Puppies turned inside out and people's faces melted off?  Shudder.  If it weren't for Shawshank and Mile I'd hate that Frank Darabont.

All the films there made me brown my pants a little.

I remember watching The Incredible Melting Man when I was 6 and soon discovered the night light! If I remember correctly he was melting due to his exposure to the sun on a space flight and for some reason started eating people back on earth. Shitless I tell you.

Eyes of a Hawk!
Ears of a Wolf!
Strength of the Bear!
Speed of a Puma!

(in reply to Caster)
Post #: 57
RE: Movies you watched as a kid that scared the hell ou... - 30/3/2008 4:59:50 PM   
Baby Bear

quote:

I looked him up. The guy died of cancer during the shooting and that was genuinely why he looked so awful. He was a bohemian actor and ran a theatre comany from the streets, basically. Scary as hell.

God is in..his..holy..temple!

lympo :

(in reply to Tech_Noir)
Post #: 58
RE: Movies you watched as a kid that scared the hell ou... - 30/3/2008 5:04:59 PM   
mustbebunnies

Ive also just remembered that i used to be terrified of the My Little Pony Movie... had the book of the film, and made my gran lock it in a cupboard so it couldnt get me...

(in reply to Baby Bear)
Post #: 59
RE: Movies you watched as a kid that scared the hell ou... - 30/3/2008 5:11:01 PM   
Deviation

Look at the aliens...................and poeple become skeletons.................................

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dpp1978
There are certainly times where calling a person a cunt is not only reasonable, it is a gross understatement.

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49
I really wish I could go down to see Privates

(in reply to mustbebunnies)
Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie Musings >> RE: Movies you watched as a kid that scared the hell out of you Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI