Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Movies you watched as a kid that scared the hell out of you

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie Musings >> Movies you watched as a kid that scared the hell out of you Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Movies you watched as a kid that scared the hell out of... - 29/3/2008 8:34:34 PM   
DAVID GILLESPIE

Surely there have been movies that you have watched as a child that scared the living daylights out of you. You then watch them as an adult and you can't understand what all the bed wetting was about? I would nominate TV horror movie, Don't be afraid of the dark (1973) as a flick that did this to me. Do you have any nominees?

Cludge Judge * Cold Fish
Post #: 1
RE: Movies you watched as a kid that scared the hell ou... - 29/3/2008 8:43:02 PM   
mustbebunnies

i was terrified of Mr Staypuft from Ghostbusters....  and the purple slime from the second one. yep, I was a wuss!

(in reply to DAVID GILLESPIE)
Post #: 2
RE: Movies you watched as a kid that scared the hell ou... - 29/3/2008 8:43:59 PM   
Tech_Noir

Nightmare on Elm Street 3 - the first time I was introduced to the Krueger.

(in reply to mustbebunnies)
Post #: 3
RE: Movies you watched as a kid that scared the hell ou... - 29/3/2008 8:46:54 PM   
The REAL Bozz

Snap, boy was that a wrong time to sneak down stairs to see what my older bro was watching.

Films I've watched
Star Trek Into Darkness ***
Iron Man 3 *****
Evil Dead (2013) ***
Bait 3D ***

(in reply to Tech_Noir)
Post #: 4
RE: Movies you watched as a kid that scared the hell ou... - 29/3/2008 8:48:07 PM   
DAVID GILLESPIE

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tech_Noir

Nightmare on Elm Street 3 - the first time I was introduced to the Krueger.

I strangely thought Krueger looked rather fetching in his nurse outfit in that one.

Cludge Judge * Cold Fish

(in reply to Tech_Noir)
Post #: 5
RE: Movies you watched as a kid that scared the hell ou... - 29/3/2008 8:49:46 PM   
hawkeye10

quote:

ORIGINAL: mustbebunnies

i was terrified of Mr Staypuft from Ghostbusters....  and the purple slime from the second one. yep, I was a wuss!

It was the Librarian in Ghostbusters that did it for me. Scared little me shitless.

Fright Night and Evil Dead kept me up for months. Thank god for my night light.

Eyes of a Hawk!
Ears of a Wolf!
Strength of the Bear!
Speed of a Puma!

Post #: 6
RE: Movies you watched as a kid that scared the hell ou... - 29/3/2008 8:50:15 PM   
rattlehead57

Edward Scissorhands.
I remember hiding behind a cushion at the part u first see him

- Get out.
- Where am I supposed to go?
- I don't know.
- You don't know, or don't care?
- Pick one!

(in reply to DAVID GILLESPIE)
Post #: 7
RE: Movies you watched as a kid that scared the hell ou... - 29/3/2008 8:52:18 PM   
mustbebunnies

I never actually watched it, but just the thought of Candyman scared me...although I do remember trying to be cool at school by being the only one that would go into the loos and say his name into the mirror.. Jaws got to me as well. I can remember my dad being properly evil after I watched it. I'd gone to bed, and he came up the stairs in the dark humming the theme tune. By the time he got outside my room apparently I was close to being hysterical, despite the likelyhood of a shark being outside my room being pretty low.....

(in reply to The REAL Bozz)
Post #: 8
RE: Movies you watched as a kid that scared the hell ou... - 29/3/2008 8:54:54 PM   
The REAL Bozz

. Imagine if there WAS a shark outside your room!!!!!!

Films I've watched
Iron Man 3 *****
Evil Dead (2013) ***
Bait 3D ***

Post #: 9
RE: Movies you watched as a kid that scared the hell ou... - 29/3/2008 8:59:56 PM   
DAVID GILLESPIE

quote:

ORIGINAL: mustbebunnies

I never actually watched it, but just the thought of Candyman scared me...although I do remember trying to be cool at school by being the only one that would go into the loos and say his name into the mirror.. Jaws got to me as well. I can remember my dad being properly evil after I watched it. I'd gone to bed, and he came up the stairs in the dark humming the theme tune. By the time he got outside my room apparently I was close to being hysterical, despite the likelyhood of a shark being outside my room being pretty low.....

Still wouldnt chant the Candyman name..no way!

Cludge Judge * Cold Fish

Post #: 10
RE: Movies you watched as a kid that scared the hell ou... - 29/3/2008 9:00:10 PM   
mustbebunnies

Dont bring back those memories Bozz! I'm alone in the house and my imagination may run wild.. I'm of the firm belief that its fine to freak out other people, but its not funny when its done to me!

just out of interest, has there ever been a thread about freaking people out using stuff from movies? I've been part of a few good pranks in my time....

Post #: 11
RE: Movies you watched as a kid that scared the hell ou... - 29/3/2008 9:08:39 PM   
The REAL Bozz

DUM - DUM -DUM -DUM- DUMDUMDUDM! ITS BEHIND YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!

Films I've watched
Iron Man 3 *****
Evil Dead (2013) ***
Bait 3D ***

Post #: 12
RE: Movies you watched as a kid that scared the hell ou... - 29/3/2008 9:10:44 PM   
mustbebunnies

quote:

ORIGINAL: The REAL Bozz

DUM - DUM -DUM -DUM- DUMDUMDUDM! ITS BEHIND YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!

you, sir, are going straight to Hades!

and I'm, erm, going to go and turn the landing light on....

Post #: 13
RE: Movies you watched as a kid that scared the hell ou... - 29/3/2008 9:15:10 PM   
The REAL Bozz

Films I've watched
Iron Man 3 *****
Evil Dead (2013) ***
Bait 3D ***

Post #: 14
RE: Movies you watched as a kid that scared the hell ou... - 29/3/2008 9:18:59 PM   
mustbebunnies

nows probably a bad time to mention I have dinosaur nightmares isnt it....?  I think we're slowly tearing this thread apart..

Post #: 15
RE: Movies you watched as a kid that scared the hell ou... - 29/3/2008 9:22:42 PM   
vish96

yep i thought the simpsons movie wasn't that good

Post #: 16
RE: Movies you watched as a kid that scared the hell ou... - 29/3/2008 9:22:49 PM   
The REAL Bozz

Yeah, ok back on topic, haha. Er....I'm positive the scene at the begining of Last Crusade when Indy falls through the train carriage into the snakes carriage began a lifelong fear of snakes for me. For real. Anaconda makes the Excorsist look like High School Musical.

Films I've watched
Iron Man 3 *****
Evil Dead (2013) ***
Bait 3D ***

Post #: 17
RE: Movies you watched as a kid that scared the hell ou... - 29/3/2008 9:24:40 PM   
JV

I don't remember ever watching a film as a kid that scared me. I watched loads of cheesy 80s horror movies when I were a sproglet but it's only now that I'm an adult that films scare me. And, probably because I watched lots of gory films, the films that scare me now are the ones that feature psychological horror rather than slice & dice numbers.

This tends to be a trend in me really - as I've grown up I've lost my fearlessness, although I think that happens to everyone. For example, I remember going to Alton Towers as a kid and being desperate to go on the Corkscrew because it went upside-down. Sadly I was too short to go on. However every time I went as an adult I wussed out. 

but love is the sky and i am for you
just so long and long enough

Post #: 18
RE: Movies you watched as a kid that scared the hell ou... - 29/3/2008 9:26:31 PM   
vish96

the simpsons movie was not that good

Post #: 19
RE: Movies you watched as a kid that scared the hell ou... - 29/3/2008 9:28:12 PM   
mustbebunnies

quote:

Yeah, ok back on topic, haha. Er....I'm positive the scene at the begining of Last Crusade when Indy falls through the train carriage into the snakes carriage began a lifelong fear of snakes for me. For real. Anaconda makes the Excorsist look like High School Musical.

Anaconda? HA HA!

sorry, just felt the need to exact some sort of revenge for your previous posts in a childlike fashion.....

just out of interest though- whats scarier, Jennifer Lopez, or the snake?

Post #: 20
RE: Movies you watched as a kid that scared the hell ou... - 29/3/2008 9:31:41 PM   
Amelie_Scotland

Indiana  Jones and the Last Crusade. The grail bit. To this day I still can't watch it.

I'm clean, I'm conscientious and I travel with my own tits.

You may not be able to change the world, but at least you can embarrass the guilty.

Post #: 21
RE: Movies you watched as a kid that scared the hell ou... - 29/3/2008 9:56:07 PM   
Sphinx

Yep, still skip that - dark crystal: Memory of this is sketchy, they're in a temple as some sort of sacrifice and those birds come out with that awful cry - that sound affect should never have made it on to a kids' film!!!

The last unicorn is pretty fucked; The harpy taking out the hag, the skeleton after he drinks wine, the bull, the mad king take your pick!!

Meet The New Boss...Same As The Old Boss

(in reply to Amelie_Scotland)
Post #: 22
RE: Movies you watched as a kid that scared the hell ou... - 29/3/2008 10:05:05 PM   
mustbebunnies

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sphinx

Yep, still skip that - dark crystal: Memory of this is sketchy, they're in a temple as some sort of sacrifice and those birds come out with that awful cry - that sound affect should never have made it on to a kids' film!!!

The last unicorn is pretty fucked; The harpy taking out the hag, the skeleton after he drinks wine, the bull, the mad king take your pick!!

omg, I was trying to tell people about this film the other day, no one else had seen it! I you tubed it for them and everything!

but yeah, was a freaky film. I was really upset by all the unicorns being trapped in the sea...still think about it now ehenever I go to the beach..

(in reply to Sphinx)
Post #: 23
RE: Movies you watched as a kid that scared the hell ou... - 29/3/2008 10:06:37 PM   
Sphinx

Their release and the music is the best part out of the whole film I thought

Meet The New Boss...Same As The Old Boss

Post #: 24
RE: Movies you watched as a kid that scared the hell ou... - 29/3/2008 10:08:04 PM   
Jacks Rage

Amelie Scotland: I can. But it took me over ten years to work up the guts to do it.

Okay, putting aside the usual suspects (Freddie, Jason and the like) and going back to when I was really young this flat out scared the fuck out me...

First came these spindly freaks

But what totally traumatized me was this bitch...

and this room...

I seriously couldn't sleep for days.

< Message edited by Jacks Rage -- 29/3/2008 10:10:25 PM >

Now, a question of etiquette - as I pass, do I give you the ass or the crotch?

(in reply to Amelie_Scotland)
Post #: 25
RE: Movies you watched as a kid that scared the hell ou... - 29/3/2008 10:20:47 PM   
kasm

quote:

Snap, boy was that a wrong time to sneak down stairs to see what my older bro was watching.

Ditto, I welcomed insomnia into my life because of that movie.See also the severed, rotting hand on the sleeve of the video of  House( not the one with whatshisname from blackadder)

I do pointless -good

Post #: 26
RE: Movies you watched as a kid that scared the hell ou... - 29/3/2008 10:32:43 PM   
stuieboy

The end of Howard the Duck when Jeffery Jones is possesed and the monster appears made me actually cry I was that scared.

"When a naked man is chasing a woman through an alley with a butcher's knife and a hard-on, I figure he isn't out collecting for the Red Cross!"

(in reply to kasm)
Post #: 27
RE: Movies you watched as a kid that scared the hell ou... - 29/3/2008 11:13:34 PM   
kumar

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jacks Rage
First came these spindly freaks

I seriously couldn't sleep for days.

those genuinely were very freaky. it is really silly but i thought the idea of wheels for hands and feet were terrifying. the knome king

got my heart beating, but seriously, the wheelers really frightened me.

i caught it at xmas and it brought it back a bit. it is a surprisingly dark film that one, to say its for kids!

"Darth Silas - I love Craig as Bond too. Genius. "- Jackmansgirl 15/7/2008

Last films watched:

The Road - 4/5
Chronicle - 4/5
Twilight Breaking Dawn p1 - 1/5
Warrior - 5/5
Super 8 - 5/5
Paranormal Activity 3 - 3/5
MI 4 - 2/5

(in reply to Jacks Rage)
Post #: 28
RE: Movies you watched as a kid that scared the hell ou... - 29/3/2008 11:18:20 PM   
genejoke

the 1978 lord of the rings.  the rotoscoped, well sort of roto scoped orcs and dark riders were creepy but I had real night mares about it raining arrrows cos of the helms deep battle.

(in reply to kumar)
Post #: 29
RE: Movies you watched as a kid that scared the hell ou... - 29/3/2008 11:20:55 PM   
Hex

Labrynth. I still wont watch it.

You are a hot cup of asshole!

You wouldn't let me have that poster of Gael Garcia Bernal! His eyes are green and he's Latin! I need it!

Sssshhh. Shut your mouth. Sssssh. It's Art Crawl.

(in reply to genejoke)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie Musings >> Movies you watched as a kid that scared the hell out of you Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI