Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Ian McKellen Answers Hobbit Questions

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Ian McKellen Answers Hobbit Questions Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Ian McKellen Answers Hobbit Questions - 26/3/2008 10:56:16 AM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
- 26/3/2008 10:56:16 AM   
Estel Productions

Should we even be debating this, shouldn't they just hand him the contract now, because the however good Del Toro makes the film, it wouldnt be the same series if it wasnt the same Gandalf. Ok you could cast a younger Bilbo, Ian Holm would still be awesome, but you can admit he is now a little bit older, but as the Good Book suggests, he doesnt look any different to when he first got the ring, so saying that both Ian's could get back on board and give us the film we've been waiting for!

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
. - 26/3/2008 11:38:12 AM   
monodogg

YYYYYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Post #: 3
- 26/3/2008 11:55:08 AM   
Ricorodrigeuz

Thats great to read. Imagine what it would be like if someone else took the role of gandalf instead. It wouldn't be right.

Post #: 4
- 26/3/2008 12:19:23 PM   
britesparc

My wild prediction: McKellen wins Best Supporting Actor at the Oscars in 2010/2011 (whenever it comes out).

Post #: 5
Just start filming it already! - 26/3/2008 12:29:36 PM   
Bushman

This is of course great news but, they've actually got to start making the damn film first. The saga of 'How The Hobbit came to be' would make a worthy 3 part epic on it's own! Can't we just shoot the damn lawyers and let everyone else who actually WANTS to make the movie get on with it?

Post #: 6
- 26/3/2008 12:34:30 PM   
cunningmunki

slow news day?

Post #: 7
- 26/3/2008 4:06:00 PM   
Bluehawk

Let's just hope the old man stays in good health until then. It's a long walk to that dragon.

Post #: 8
To anyone who knows The Hobbit. Does Boromir feature in... - 26/3/2008 4:07:46 PM   
Taz69

Coz if he does than Sean Bean could return as Boromir (my favourite character of the trillogy), he was great in The Fellowship.

Post #: 9
RE: To anyone who knows The Hobbit. Does Boromir featur... - 26/3/2008 5:25:05 PM   
mayo12

Addressing Taz69...Boromir does not appear in The Hobbit. Nor many others. Sorry to burst your bubble. The only characters that appear in both books are Bilbo, Gandalf, Gollum, Elrond...and possibly a couple of others which I can't think of off the top of my head. Those are the biggest characters though methinks.

But that said, Del Toro will be making The Hobbit across two films, one covering the book and the other the (apparent) events between The Hobbit and LOTR, and Elijah Wood has been quoted as saying he'd be interested in reprising his role as Frodo. I think it likely that we could see more than a few faces from the LOTR trilogy make an appearance.

If there was a day I could live. A single breath I could take. I'd trade all the others away...

"Fucking Chuck Norris."

(in reply to Taz69)
Post #: 10
RE: To anyone who knows The Hobbit. Does Boromir featur... - 26/3/2008 8:49:48 PM   
cdjwfan

The only other character I can think of who can justifiably make an appearance in The Hobbit is Legolas. Bilbo and the Dwarves pass through Murkwood, where he is a Prince there, I think. But it would be a bit stupid all the same.
If Del Toro doesn't bring back Sir Ian, though, I may have to boycott the movie. No-one else would come anywhere near to looking or sounding right. Unfortunately Ian Holm probably won't come back, unless he wants to go around with his face pulled back for 8 hours a day.......
I would have thought they could sneak John Rhys-Davies in there somewhere if he didn't hate the Dwarf make-up. Ah well........

He's got a two-day headstart on you, which is more than he needs. Brody's got friends in every town and village from here to the Sudan, he speaks a dozen languages, knows every local custom. He'll blend in, disappear, you'll never see him again. With any luck, he's got the Grail already.

(in reply to mayo12)
Post #: 11
im sure everyone new this already. - 27/3/2008 5:19:39 PM   
DeadCell79

im sure everyone new this already.

Ian McKellen wouldnt do the movie unless P.Jackson was involved.
now that he is. Ian will be full on for the return as our favorite wizard.

as for Ian Holm. thats a tuffy and they will think long and hard and extra long for that roll as he could be to old. but like the book says. Bilbo does NOT age. so any thing is possible at this stage.

another big Question is who would Play as the Voice of Smorg the dragon. if i remember right he talks dosent he?

Post #: 12
- 27/3/2008 7:04:43 PM   
IsabelB

Didnt ian McKellen provide the voice for that stupid polar bear?

Post #: 13
RE: - 28/3/2008 10:11:24 AM   
cdjwfan

quote:

ORIGINAL: IsabelB

Didnt ian McKellen provide the voice for that stupid polar bear?

Yes, but what does that have to do with anything?
If you're trying to bring down the reputation of one of Britain's finest ever actors then I suggest you stop now. Tch Tch

He's got a two-day headstart on you, which is more than he needs. Brody's got friends in every town and village from here to the Sudan, he speaks a dozen languages, knows every local custom. He'll blend in, disappear, you'll never see him again. With any luck, he's got the Grail already.

(in reply to IsabelB)
Post #: 14
RE: To anyone who knows The Hobbit. Does Boromir featur... - 29/3/2008 6:44:41 AM   
mrlukie

quote:

ORIGINAL: mayo12

But that said, Del Toro will be making The Hobbit across two films, one covering the book and the other the (apparent) events between The Hobbit and LOTR, and Elijah Wood has been quoted as saying he'd be interested in reprising his role as Frodo. I think it likely that we could see more than a few faces from the LOTR trilogy make an appearance.

I'm actually a tad concerned about the proposed two movies, as I'm just not convinced that there's enough in "The Hobbit" book to cover that amount. If, as you say, one movie is the events from the book and the next is the events between "The Hobbit" and "FOTT," then we have an instant problem, because, aside from a few short mentionings of Gandalf et al. during this period in the accumulated piles of paper that was Mr. Tolkien's study, effectively there are no events once Bilbo goes back to the Shire. Everybody has a bit of a chill for a few decades or so, until the discovery is made that;

Gandalf: That funky magic ring is kinda evil, Bilbo. Maybe we should, I dunno, get rid of it?

And if the two (presumedly 2hr +) films only cover the events of "The Hobbit," despite the fact that there is more than enough content in the book, I'm not sure if there is a clear climax half-way through where the first film would end.

I'm not against the idea, though. I'm just intrigued as to how they intend to pull it off. Although if anybody can do it, it's Del Toro with Peter Jackson as producer.

(in reply to mayo12)
Post #: 15
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Ian McKellen Answers Hobbit Questions Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI