Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Exclusive: Producer Talks Wolf Man

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Exclusive: Producer Talks Wolf Man Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Exclusive: Producer Talks Wolf Man - 21/3/2008 11:48:19 AM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
There hasn’t been a really good Werewolf movie fo... - 21/3/2008 11:48:19 AM   
jezburg

Ginger Snaps was pretty good.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
Benicio , Kevin Walker yes Johnson not sure - 21/3/2008 11:59:59 AM   
agent cooper

I have to say I'm excited at the prospect of this although it's Del Toro and Andrew Kevin Walkers participation more than Johnson. Many people knocked Lost World but it was darn site better than Johnsons awful JP3.

I am optimistic will pull off a Curtis Hanson style reinvention of his career with this as the material is too good to waste, it's just if does a lacklustre job like Ratner on Red Dragon when a more talented auteur like Romanek would have done it justice it's gonna be one hell of a bitter pill to take.

< Message edited by agent cooper -- 21/3/2008 12:01:07 PM >

Post #: 3
There hasn’t been a really good Werewolf movie fo... - 21/3/2008 12:33:17 PM   
Amity75

Dog Soldiers anyone?

Post #: 4
- 21/3/2008 1:58:17 PM   
doctorolorinbats1975

I'm really happy with the way this is going, as the original is favourite of mine. I like the focus on the old make-up design, and the broadening of the original's scope. I'm confident in Del Toro, and I'm confident in Johnston, who hired David Self to polish the script.

Post #: 5
There have been several good werewolf movies - 21/3/2008 5:20:12 PM   
princemadonna

Ginger Snaps is awesome - one of the best werewolf movies ever!, dog Soldiers was good too , the 80's had the best ones though.

Post #: 6
- 21/3/2008 5:44:11 PM   
britesparc

There hasn't been a good Dracula or Frankenstein movie for a couple of decades, either.

Post #: 7
Beware the Moon - 21/3/2008 6:52:44 PM   
JediBobster

In Empire's defence they did say a 'really good werewolf movie' . Dog Soldiers and Ginger Snaps may have pretty good but they weren't really good.

I just really really hope the physical stuff really does win out over CG.

JEDI BOBSTER

(in reply to britesparc)
Post #: 8
I agree - 21/3/2008 8:36:58 PM   
dave_0989

There hasn't been a good werewolf movie for a while so this movie has alot to live up to and that was a lot of hypefor the transformation in my opinion American werewolf in london is still the best werewolf trnasformation ever !!!! but his film has a lot of potential I hope it's like the Francis ford coppola Dracula and the Kenneth Branagh Frankenstein in the 90's and if this works i can see more werewolf movies jus like when Gladiator was a success and we got crap like troy and alexander.

Post #: 9
RE: I agree - 21/3/2008 8:57:44 PM   
elab49

quote:

ORIGINAL: dave_0989

I hope it's like the Francis ford coppola Dracula and the Kenneth Branagh Frankenstein in the 90's and if this works i can see more werewolf movies jus like when Gladiator was a success and we got crap like troy and alexander.

But Dracula and Frankenstein (particularly) bombed!

Ginger Snaps was one of the most interesting takes on the werewolf story and, IMO, was a really good movie. I'd disagree on Dog Soldiers as well - but that was more an action film. But Ginger Snaps had the ideas and was superbly executed.

And while it would be nice to see another good one it is an ongoing cinema staple - recent kak like Cursed and Blood and Chocolate bear that out. Interesting cast (assuming Hopkins doesn't do his usual playing Hopkins and tries acting for the first time in quite a while) - but Johnston hardly engenders enthusiasm. Nor does rewrite man.

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome

(in reply to dave_0989)
Post #: 10
RE: I agree - 22/3/2008 1:20:50 AM   
Clarence_Worley

I bet Hopkins is another werewolf.

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 11
- 22/3/2008 4:39:04 AM   
DeadCell79

looks nasty

Post #: 12
RE: There hasnít been a really good Werewolf movie for ... - 22/3/2008 5:29:07 AM   
A.M.M.O

quote:

ORIGINAL: jezburg

Ginger Snaps was pretty good.

Only if you're 14.

There are only three good modern werewolf movies - The Howling, An American Werewolf in London and Dog Soldiers. Everything else ranges from "alright" (Wolfen, Silver Bullet, A Company Of Wolves, Wolf) to awful (The Howling sequels, An American Werewolf In Paris) to soul-destroyingly pathetic (Cursed).

I'm not really sure about this Wolfman reboot. I'd like to see another good movie in the werewolf canon but my gut feeling is this'll be closer to Van Helsing than anything else.

(in reply to jezburg)
Post #: 13
Has Scott played fetch wit Del Toro yet? - 22/3/2008 9:22:24 AM   
Taz69

You know coz Benecio is a method actor and likes to live his part (he even insisted to be called Jackie on set on Sin City)
Oh and to those who says there hasn't been a good werewolf movie in decades - I'm with many other people here - Dog Soldiers. The werewolves were fantastic and so was the rest of the movie.

Post #: 14
RE: Has Scott played fetch wit Del Toro yet? - 23/3/2008 10:20:51 PM   
spodo komodo

Rick Baker's got it on the money to be able to capture that Chaney-furry look and still make it scary as hell. I'm sure Chaney Snr, the father of horrorific make up artistry would've been proud.

A little disconcerted that a script by Walker has to be rewritten. His inclusion in the crew was what gave me hope this would be a standout, afterall Del Toro and Hopkins are human enough to be hobbled by their material.

I just hope Johnston's love of monster movies leads him the extra mile, Jurassic Park 3 was hardly inspiring (excepting pteranodons).

Won't you tell me, brave captain why are the wicked so strong, how can the angels get to sleep when the devil leaves his porch light on

(in reply to Taz69)
Post #: 15
RE: - 25/3/2008 9:59:58 AM   
jimoakley666

quote:

ORIGINAL: britesparc

There hasn't been a good Dracula or Frankenstein movie for a couple of decades, either.

Too right! Branagh's Frankenstein was shite and Coppola's Dracula was very... camp. Hmm. Hopkins was the best thing in that and lets not even mention the, ahem, Harkers. Good god. "Dude! Its, like, Dracula, maaan." "Yuh!, I know, dude! It, like, so frickin' is!"

Bring on either Tim Burton (see Sleepy Hollow windmill) or Guillermo DelTorro for Frankenstein, I say.

Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

(in reply to britesparc)
Post #: 16
- 25/3/2008 1:03:17 PM   
Hands Randall

I can't wait. I'm particularly glad to read that it's not going to rely too heavily on CG. This can only be good as the CG thing is now starting to look a bit samey. Bring back some craft!!

Post #: 17
No CG. - 25/3/2008 1:07:36 PM   
Lupin 3

I can't believe it! I can't think of a half decent werewolf movie which features CG. Hooray. Shame it's a balls sucking remake though.

Post #: 18
RE: RE: - 25/3/2008 1:34:40 PM   
Hands Randall

quote:

Bring on either Tim Burton (see Sleepy Hollow windmill) or Guillermo DelTorro for Frankenstein, I say.

Del Toro for Frankenstein. Now you're talking.

Mr Randall.

(in reply to jimoakley666)
Post #: 19
RE: RE: - 25/3/2008 2:00:59 PM   
Olly Richards

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hands Randall

quote:

Del Toro for Frankenstein. Now you're talking.

Del Toro's actually planning a version of Frankenstein, among a million other projects. But it's probably a TV mini-series rather than a movie.

(in reply to Hands Randall)
Post #: 20
RE: RE: - 25/3/2008 2:39:24 PM   
Hands Randall

It's all good! I must have missed that. Looking forward to his At the Mountains of Madness - obviously on his 'to do' list too.

Mr Randall.

(in reply to Olly Richards)
Post #: 21
RE: RE: - 25/3/2008 3:13:47 PM   
Olly Richards

There's some more here if you want a few more details

< Message edited by Olly Richards -- 25/3/2008 4:28:13 PM >

(in reply to Hands Randall)
Post #: 22
RE: RE: - 25/3/2008 6:20:25 PM   
Hands Randall

Thanks for that - i suppose it answers my Lovecraft query. What a disappointment, i was looking forward to that.
Oh well..

Mr Randall.

Post #: 23
RE: RE: - 27/3/2008 3:00:08 PM   
jimoakley666

Guillermo Del Torro on Branagh's Frankenstein- "Yeah, I promise one thing. If I do Frankenstein ever, I will not star in it or appear shirtless. I can promise you that! People are at least not going to puke."
I love this guy, ha ha ha.

Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

Post #: 24
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Exclusive: Producer Talks Wolf Man Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News††|††Empire Blog††|††Movie Reviews††|††Future Films††|††Features††|††Video Interviews††|††Image Gallery††|††Competitions††|††Forum††|††Magazine††|††Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI