Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: JURASSIC PARK

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Favourite Films >> RE: JURASSIC PARK Page: <<   < prev  5 6 [7] 8 9   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: JURASSIC PARK - 1/9/2011 11:04:22 AM   
NCC1701A

For me I remember seeing it on the big screen and loving every bit of it. Then having to wait such a long time for it to come out on VHS it took for ever to come out then I remember watching every week for a time. Have it on pre-order at blockbusters.

Finshed the Lost World and it is nothing like the film if Spielberg had followed the book then it might not have been the big disspointment that it was for me. I do like it but it is the worst of the three for me. Still can't wait to for October the 24th.

< Message edited by NCC1701A -- 8/9/2011 10:47:07 AM >

Trench: I'll be back.

Church: You've been back enough. I'll be back.

[leaves]

Trench: Yippee-ki-yay.

The Expendables 2 (2012)

(in reply to Snake-Eyes)
Post #: 181
RE: JURASSIC PARK - 6/9/2011 1:36:15 PM   
goldleader

Looks like its on at the Odeon, Cineworld and Empire cinemas near me so i can choose which has the best screens.  Does anyone know if it will be a new print or the one from 93?  hope its a new print with improved sound otherwise it will be a bit of a let down but i will be there none the less.

(in reply to NCC1701A)
Post #: 182
RE: JURASSIC PARK - 6/9/2011 4:35:36 PM   
Spaldron

quote:

ORIGINAL: goldleader

Looks like its on at the Odeon, Cineworld and Empire cinemas near me so i can choose which has the best screens.  Does anyone know if it will be a new print or the one from 93?  hope its a new print with improved sound otherwise it will be a bit of a let down but i will be there none the less.

New print.

And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts
And I looked and behold, a pale horse
And his name that sat on him was Death
And Hell followed with him.

(in reply to goldleader)
Post #: 183
RE: JURASSIC PARK - 6/9/2011 5:01:53 PM   
thetruth

1993??
Where have the years gone?

Without love we are dead

Protect children from vile and obscene videos

(in reply to Spaldron)
Post #: 184
RE: JURASSIC PARK - 6/9/2011 5:43:52 PM   
juanvasquez

There's posters for the rerelease in my local cinema so can only assume that it's playing there. Mega.

Check out my cult games reviews and features at Horror Cult Films

(in reply to thetruth)
Post #: 185
RE: JURASSIC PARK - 7/9/2011 1:12:33 PM   
goldleader

quote:

ORIGINAL: Spaldron

quote:

ORIGINAL: goldleader

New print.

Im a happy man, bring it on!!

(in reply to Spaldron)
Post #: 186
RE: JURASSIC PARK - 23/9/2011 8:57:37 PM   
goldleader

Just got back from watch this at the cinema and it still holds up so well. Loved every minute of it. The pic quality was very good and the sound was amazing. Films just aren't made like this anymore, it has heart, great characters, an amazing story full of great ideas and to top all that it was filmed by a film maker at the top of his game. I tell you to check it out while u can on the big screen, it beats any blockbuster that has been released this year by a long, long way.

(in reply to goldleader)
Post #: 187
RE: JURASSIC PARK - 24/9/2011 8:42:46 AM   
Snake-Eyes

I'm off to watch it later today. Can't wait!

"When you have to shoot, shoot don't talk."

http://www.expendablespremiere.com/index.html

(in reply to goldleader)
Post #: 188
RE: JURASSIC PARK - 24/9/2011 8:17:44 PM   
Mojo

Saw it today and it really is such a perfect film. It was the film of my childhood, the first film I saw at the cinema and I made my mum take me about seven times. It made me love Dinosaurs and basically started my love of cinema. Seeing it again on the big screen was just amazing. I genuinely came close to welling up during the Brachiasaurus scene, its just such spectacle and sure the effects for that shot have dated a little it still looks amazing and awe-inspiring.

Let's shove a stick up that wolf's ass.

(in reply to Snake-Eyes)
Post #: 189
RE: JURASSIC PARK - 24/9/2011 8:24:15 PM   
Spaldron

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mojo

Saw it today and it really is such a perfect film. It was the film of my childhood, the first film I saw at the cinema and I made my mum take me about seven times. It made me love Dinosaurs and basically started my love of cinema. Seeing it again on the big screen was just amazing. I genuinely came close to welling up during the Brachiasaurus scene, its just such spectacle and sure the effects for that shot have dated a little it still looks amazing and awe-inspiring.

How was the new digital transfer?

(in reply to Mojo)
Post #: 190
RE: JURASSIC PARK - 25/9/2011 1:30:32 AM   
Mojo

It was pretty excellent. I was noticing things in the background that I'd never seen before despite having seen the film countless times. The T-Rex scene looked as good as anything from modern blockbusters, and the film just generally looked great, especially close ups of the actors.

Let's shove a stick up that wolf's ass.

(in reply to Spaldron)
Post #: 191
RE: JURASSIC PARK - 26/9/2011 12:35:30 AM   
kingalan

Saw it at the Odeon today and it was an immense experience, even after 18 years. I genuinely think JP was the last perfect family blockbuster. The cast, script and concept are all excellent and add to that Spielberg at the very top of his game and it truly is amazing. It's that special blend of awe, suspense and horror that Spielberg was the Grandaddy of that sets the film apart. To move from tears of wonder at the Brachiasaurus scene to the gut-in-the throat terror of the T-Rex sequence within 45 minutes is masterful and seamless.

One of my favourite films of all time and definitely recommend re-living 1993 while you can and seeing this on the big screen.

(in reply to Mojo)
Post #: 192
RE: JURASSIC PARK - 26/9/2011 8:24:59 AM   
juanvasquez

Will probably be going to see this tonight (if the oldest gets her homework done ). Would have gone to watch Drive, but none the cinemas near me are showing it! But I'm sure it'll be nice to see JP on the big screen again. It'll be a better experience than on the small screen, that's for sure.

(in reply to kingalan)
Post #: 193
JURASSIC PARK - 26/9/2011 9:52:05 AM   
Snake-Eyes

Watching JURASSIC PARK at the Cineworld o2 yesterday was fantastic! It took me back to the Summer of '93 when I was 17 and carefree. I collected the comics, the trading cards, the toys... Man, this film was HUGE. Let's face it, as I have mentioned many times before - these days, 'summer blockbusters' are a dime-a-dozen and very rarely deliver the goods i.e. live up to the expectations that we the audiences build up largely in part of the internet. The performances are spot-on and I took particular notice of Attenborough's 'Santa Claus'-esque portrayal of John Hammond; the scene in which he tells Ellie Sattler about his dream of creating "something they could see and touch" almost brings a tear to the eye. And there are smaller details I picked up on too - the camera pans across JP 'merchandise' and a book, 'The Making of Jurassic Park' by Jody Duncan and Don Shay is revealed - I have that book!  This film perfectly illustrates why Mr. Spielberg is such a master story-teller. Can't wait for the blu-rays.

(in reply to juanvasquez)
Post #: 194
RE: JURASSIC PARK - 26/9/2011 10:32:22 AM   
NCC1701A

quote:

ORIGINAL: Snake-Eyes

Watching JURASSIC PARK at the Cineworld o2 yesterday was fantastic! It took me back to the Summer of '93 when I was 17 and carefree. I collected the comics, the trading cards, the toys... Man, this film was HUGE. Let's face it, as I have mentioned many times before - these days, 'summer blockbusters' are a dime-a-dozen and very rarely deliver the goods i.e. live up to the expectations that we the audiences build up largely in part of the internet. The performances are spot-on and I took particular notice of Attenborough's 'Santa Claus'-esque portrayal of John Hammond; the scene in which he tells Ellie Sattler about his dream of creating "something they could see and touch" almost brings a tear to the eye. And there are smaller details I picked up on too - the camera pans across JP 'merchandise' and a book, 'The Making of Jurassic Park' by Jody Duncan and Don Shay is revealed - I have that book!  This film perfectly illustrates why Mr. Spielberg is such a master story-teller. Can't wait for the blu-rays.

Agree 100 %, 24th of October can not come fast enough. Have picked up the graphic novel and it was quite good.

Trench: I'll be back.

Church: You've been back enough. I'll be back.

[leaves]

Trench: Yippee-ki-yay.

The Expendables 2 (2012)

(in reply to Snake-Eyes)
Post #: 195
RE: JURASSIC PARK - 26/9/2011 1:16:27 PM   
goldleader

Im glad others have been to see this and enjoyed it in the same way i did.  I wish my 2 years old son was a little older would have loved for him to see it on the big screen.

Hope this does well at the box office and with the Lion King doing so well in the States, Studios will update there classic films and re-release them.  Its better the multiplexs are filled with restored classics than most of the crap that is shown countless times a day.

(in reply to NCC1701A)
Post #: 196
RE: JURASSIC PARK - 26/9/2011 4:30:03 PM   
Spaldron

Next year its Jaws apparently. Agree with goldleader, I hope this is the beginning of a new trend with studios upgrading and re-releasing classics on a regular basis.

(in reply to goldleader)
Post #: 197
RE: JURASSIC PARK - 26/9/2011 4:44:13 PM   
jon5000

The film that got me into films.

Enough said.

(in reply to Spaldron)
Post #: 198
RE: JURASSIC PARK - 26/9/2011 4:58:51 PM   
NinjaShortbread212

quote:

Next year its Jaws apparently. Agree with goldleader, I hope this is the beginning of a new trend with studios upgrading and re-releasing classics on a regular basis.

Happy days!

< Message edited by NinjaShortbread212 -- 22/11/2011 3:01:36 AM >

Art

(in reply to Spaldron)
Post #: 199
RE: JURASSIC PARK - 26/9/2011 11:11:13 PM   
juanvasquez

quote:

Spot on there, Snake. Just got back from seeing it, myself and completely agree. Took me right back. It reminded of the little things like thesweets (remember the dinosaur eggs with the sweets inside?) and also video games, back when you'd have a different version for each console! The books, the toys, merch! Proper event movie.

As for seeing the film in the cinema again, it was perfect. I must have seen JP a gazillion times on DVD/TV etc, but seeing it on the big screen again was like watching it for the first time all over again. The effects still hold up, putting a lot of recent blockbusters to shame and I was in awe of the first shots of the dinosaurs. Jaw scraping the floor and the hairs on the back of my neck standing on end, all assisted by the majesty of John Williams' score. Although I had seen it in the cinema on initial release, I was only 9, so was only watching it for the dinosaurs. This time around I was blown away and think JP has gone from a good film, to an amazing one. I sat through the end credits just to listen to the score. Brilliant from beginning to end!

(in reply to Snake-Eyes)
Post #: 200
RE: JURASSIC PARK - 28/9/2011 7:39:18 PM   
benmharper

Just back from seeing this, I'd forgot how good it is. I sat with a huge grin on my face for most the film. Even though ive seen it loads of times the T-rex attack and Raptor attack still had me on the edge of my seat. The effects still hold up, especially the T-Rex, and the score is magnificent

quote:

This would be awesome

#3 member of The Wire fan club. PM Dantes Inferno to join.

(in reply to Spaldron)
Post #: 201
RE: JURASSIC PARK - 19/11/2011 7:28:19 PM   
Sutty

Got the blu ray bo set on my xmas list! I love this movie. And I rather like 2 an 3 as well. Not the classics that the first one was, but very enjoyable nonetheless. Look forward to seeing those Dino's in all there blu ray glory baby!!

"Lord, make me your instrument of peace. Where there is hatred, let me bring love.
Where there is darkness, light."

"When you're pushed, killin's as easy as breathin'"

(in reply to benmharper)
Post #: 202
RE: JURASSIC PARK - 22/11/2011 12:20:15 AM   
rich

No blu ray just for the first one??

Meanwhile...

(in reply to Sutty)
Post #: 203
RE: JURASSIC PARK - 24/11/2011 2:46:50 PM   
Sutty

Don't know. But you gotta have the set. The Lost World is a pretty damn good movie!

"Lord, make me your instrument of peace. Where there is hatred, let me bring love.
Where there is darkness, light."

"When you're pushed, killin's as easy as breathin'"

(in reply to rich)
Post #: 204
RE: JURASSIC PARK - 22/12/2011 3:57:46 AM   
Snake-Eyes

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sutty

Don't know. But you gotta have the set. The Lost World is a pretty damn good movie!

Absolutely. I don't get the hate for this film. It's a pretty solid sequel that goes a bit darker than the original. Probably the only factor that puts me off is Julianne Moore - I can't stand her stoopid f**king face.

The Velociraptors totally ROCK.

(in reply to Sutty)
Post #: 205
RE: JURASSIC PARK - 22/12/2011 9:13:50 AM   
grucl

quote:

quote:

Absolutely. I don't get the hate for this film. It's a pretty solid sequel that goes a bit darker than the original. Probably the only factor that puts me off is Julianne Moore - I can't stand her stoopid f**king face.

Lost World has some great scenes:
- Raptor attack in high grass
- trailer over the cliff (the breaking glass)
- Malcom running towards the building while being chased by raptors (all done in one take)

It also has pretty bad parts, though (the girl beating a Raptor by using gymnastics WTF?)

(in reply to Snake-Eyes)
Post #: 206
RE: JURASSIC PARK - 22/12/2011 9:37:15 AM   
Vadersville

quote:

quote:

The velocripators bit in the field and Goldblum's performance are the only things I like about The Lost World. Was such a disappointment. I also don't get the needless complication of setting in on a second island? Why? We saw the dinosaurs being born on the first one and there's no mention of them being moved from a different facility in the first film.

Personally I don't get the hate for number 3. I thought it was a return to the fun and adventure of the first one.

Confusion is a way of life, not a state of mind

(in reply to Snake-Eyes)
Post #: 207
RE: JURASSIC PARK - 22/12/2011 12:32:36 PM   
theieuan

quote:

ORIGINAL: grucl

quote:

quote:

Lost World has some great scenes:
- Raptor attack in high grass
- trailer over the cliff (the breaking glass)
- Malcom running towards the building while being chased by raptors (all done in one take)

It also has pretty bad parts, though (the girl beating a Raptor by using gymnastics WTF?)

I agree. Also love all of Pete Psthelwaite's scenes in this movie. I can't wait to watch all 3 back-to-back on Blu-Ray

You know, this place makes me wonder...Which would be worse, to live as a monster or die as a good man?

(in reply to grucl)
Post #: 208
RE: JURASSIC PARK - 16/3/2012 1:56:50 AM   
Spaldron

JP to be converted into 3D. http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=88056

Universal are really scraping the bottom of the barrel with this, just because their new films aren't making any money doesn't give them the right to desecrate classics like this. What next, fucking Jaws in 3D?!!!!

(in reply to theieuan)
Post #: 209
RE: JURASSIC PARK - 16/3/2012 2:15:06 AM   
boaby

quote:

JP to be converted into 3D. http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=88056

Universal are really scraping the bottom of the barrel with this, just because their new films aren't making any money doesn't give them the right to desecrate classics like this. What next, fucking Jaws in 3D?!!!!

Not 'til 2015. On the plus side, there'll be hoverboards.

"Aberdonians, and with some degree of purpose and right on their side, have absolute contempt for Glasgow. There is a side of Aberdonians who, let's be absolutely honest about this, feel so superior to Glasgow that you can measure it by the yard."

(in reply to Spaldron)
Post #: 210
Page:   <<   < prev  5 6 [7] 8 9   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Favourite Films >> RE: JURASSIC PARK Page: <<   < prev  5 6 [7] 8 9   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI