Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: JURASSIC PARK

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Favourite Films >> RE: JURASSIC PARK Page: <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: JURASSIC PARK - 27/2/2011 1:39:06 PM   
Snake-Eyes

That is quite possibly the single most iconic scene from the trilogy of JP films.

"When you have to shoot, shoot don't talk."

http://www.expendablespremiere.com/index.html

(in reply to simonmckergan1)
Post #: 121
RE: JURASSIC PARK - 27/2/2011 1:49:50 PM   
simonmckergan1

Totally agree Snake!  The tempo and terror of that set piece is amazing!

As you can see, my young apprentice, your friends have failed. Now witness the firepower of this fully ARMED and OPERATIONAL battle station!

(in reply to Snake-Eyes)
Post #: 122
RE: Jurassic Park - 27/2/2011 9:34:47 PM   
Nihilism in the UK

quote:

ORIGINAL: krudler

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nihilism in the UK

I think I used to like this film, but watching it now it seems too ridiculous to me. It's like "arrghh! Dinosaur! Run! Argh another dinosaur! Run!

Its not like that at all, theres like 7 minutes of actual dinosaur footage in the entire movie, its what you DONT see is what makes it great, a 12 year old krudler shat his pants at the opening scene, it was absolutely terrifying watching it in a cinema. And the T-Rex attack is my generations Star Destroyer moment. Its the collective gasp of an audience that I've never experienced since in a summer blockbuster. many have come close but as far as I'm concerned, Jurassic Park was THE event movie of my lifetime.

I guess I just grew out of Dinosaurs. I definately think there have been better blockbusters since 1993. Lord of the Rings for one. The latest Star Trek film for another. The Matrix, The Dark Knight,  the list is quite long actually.

(in reply to krudler)
Post #: 123
RE: Jurassic Park - 1/3/2011 7:38:39 AM   
grucl

Jurassic Park is (for me) the last „classic“ Spielberg movie. The main reason for that is that from his next film onwards (Schindler’s List) he worked with Janusz Kaminsik as his DP. Kaminski’s style of lighting changes the mood of Spielberg’s films dramatically. They look bleak and not as colorful anymore.

< Message edited by grucl -- 1/3/2011 7:39:53 AM >

(in reply to Nihilism in the UK)
Post #: 124
RE: Jurassic Park - 4/3/2011 9:38:14 PM   
Mr Grady

Jurassic Park is a monumental film.  I wish i could have that first experience again.  No film has ever come close to the experience of watching this for the first time.  I doubt anything will.

Champagne for my real friends, and real pain for my sham friends

'My wife has an ass in her cock in the drive way'

(in reply to grucl)
Post #: 125
RE: Jurassic Park - 4/3/2011 9:43:31 PM   
Mr Grady

quote:

I guess I just grew out of Dinosaurs. I definately think there have been better blockbusters since 1993. Lord of the Rings for one. The latest Star Trek film for another. The Matrix, The Dark Knight,  the list is quite long actually.

I'm sorry, but you are speaking complete rubbish.  Nothing that you have mentioned even comes close.

(in reply to Nihilism in the UK)
Post #: 126
RE: Jurassic Park - 6/3/2011 4:01:30 AM   
Nihilism in the UK

quote:

ORIGINAL: grucl

Jurassic Park is (for me) the last „classic“ Spielberg movie. The main reason for that is that from his next film onwards (Schindler’s List) he worked with Janusz Kaminsik as his DP. Kaminski’s style of lighting changes the mood of Spielberg’s films dramatically. They look bleak and not as colorful anymore.

The last classic Spielberg movie? Surely not. Schindlers List was obviously supposed to be bleak, so was Minority Report and War of the Worlds.

(in reply to grucl)
Post #: 127
RE: Jurassic Park - 6/3/2011 4:15:17 AM   
Nihilism in the UK

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mr Grady

quote:

I'm sorry, but you are speaking complete rubbish.  Nothing that you have mentioned even comes close.

Just because my opinion differs from yours doesn't mean it's rubbish. The whole point of a forum is for everyone to voice an opinion.

(in reply to Mr Grady)
Post #: 128
RE: Jurassic Park - 12/3/2011 12:42:01 AM   
krudler

quote:

ORIGINAL: ada123

Awesome movie this is, I have watched its all parts nearly, But the part where that boy just gonna hang with the wires of high voltage wow.. That was really a great scene ever I have watched in the movie with the Kid, This was really very horrible to watch.

what is this I dont even...

quote:

ORIGINAL: Squidward Hark Bugle

3D moving images are not films, they're holograms, and should be treated as a separate medium of storytelling, or artform.

Post #: 129
RE: Jurassic Park - 12/3/2011 12:48:04 AM   
Mr Grady

He's either tripping, or his keyboard is missing keys.  Or both.

(in reply to krudler)
Post #: 130
RE: Jurassic Park - 12/3/2011 9:10:50 PM   
Shaunette_ofthe_Dead

Y'know, I own this film on VHS and DVD yet I'm still watching it, with ad-breaks, on TV. And 18 years on, the dinosaurs still look real; despite being able to quote every line in the film and knowing every step, my heart still pounds when the T-Rex tears his way through that metal fence; and the raptors are still freaking terrifying.

Honestly? This may be one of my favourite films of all time.

"Were you checking me out or him? Because he worries about me getting harrassed in the workplace."

(in reply to Mr Grady)
Post #: 131
JURASSIC PARK - 18/3/2011 10:42:31 AM   
Snake-Eyes

As part of a BIG clearout, I'm selling my R1 JURASSIC PARK dvd set on eBay. The idea being that I'll be holding back watching the films 'til the blu-ray release. Speaking of which, does anyone have any info on the release date?

(in reply to Shaunette_ofthe_Dead)
Post #: 132
RE: Jurassic Park - 18/3/2011 11:50:55 AM   
Drew_231

quote:

. And the T-Rex attack is my generations Star Destroyer moment. Its the collective gasp of an audience that I've never experienced since in a summer blockbuster. many have come close but as far as I'm concerned, Jurassic Park was THE event movie of my lifetime.

Absolutly. I would pick that moment as the most important in my cinema going history. When its turning the car aroud and the two of them are trying to run around with it....pure cinema magic

(in reply to krudler)
Post #: 133
RE: Jurassic Park - 19/3/2011 1:30:08 PM   
hugekent

When people talk about greatest ever movie moments I get all kinds of things popping into my head but the first one every single time is the T-Rex attack. Brilliant in every way.

(in reply to Drew_231)
Post #: 134
RE: Jurassic Park - 19/3/2011 4:52:39 PM   
Hood_Man

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: ada123

Awesome movie this is, I have watched its all parts nearly, But the part where that boy just gonna hang with the wires of high voltage wow.. That was really a great scene ever I have watched in the movie with the Kid, This was really very horrible to watch.

what is this I dont even...

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

I still haven't forgiven my mum for not taking me to see this when it was in cinemas, even if I was only 5 She let me watch Ghost for Christ's sake, who subjects Patrick Swayze on a five year old, but not dinosaurs?!

I saw it in the cinema in 2007 though, a friend of mine who knew my plight phoned me up as soon as he heard about it, and he, myself, and a theatre full of similarly aged cinema geeks sat down and watched one of the greatest blockbusters ever made.

It wasn't even a DVD, it was an original reel from 1993. Crackling sound and grainy, scratchy film and everything. It was the best cinema experience I've ever had

(in reply to krudler)
Post #: 135
RE: Jurassic Park - 19/3/2011 5:27:44 PM   
foodage

Watched it again on ITV the other day. Might be my 2nd fav Spielberg film after Jaws, and even then it's close.

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 136
RE: Jurassic Park - 19/3/2011 5:34:26 PM   
Spaldron

Was I the only one wishing one or both the annoying kids got eaten by T-Rex?

And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts
And I looked and behold, a pale horse
And his name that sat on him was Death
And Hell followed with him.

(in reply to foodage)
Post #: 137
RE: Jurassic Park - 19/3/2011 10:13:22 PM   
Hood_Man

quote:

ORIGINAL: Spaldron

I wanted Tim to be eaten by a velociraptor when Lex was hacking into the computer.

Two velociraptors trying to break in, two grown adults trying to keep them out, one shotgun lying on the floor out of reach, and what is Tim doing? Standing there looking nervous...

PICK UP THE DAMN SHOTGUN!

(in reply to Spaldron)
Post #: 138
RE: Jurassic Park - 20/3/2011 3:52:03 AM   
krudler

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hood_Man

quote:

ORIGINAL: Spaldron

I wanted Tim to be eaten by a velociraptor when Lex was hacking into the computer.

Two velociraptors trying to break in, two grown adults trying to keep them out, one shotgun lying on the floor out of reach, and what is Tim doing? Standing there looking nervous...

PICK UP THE DAMN SHOTGUN!

Thats literally the only scene I have a problem with, instead of standing there jumping up and down freaking out,make yourself bloody useful and hand Grant the shotgun!

I might watch this tomorrow, its def a Sunday movie.  "Even Nedry knew not to mess with the RAPTOR fences.."

quote:

ORIGINAL: Squidward Hark Bugle

3D moving images are not films, they're holograms, and should be treated as a separate medium of storytelling, or artform.

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 139
RE: Jurassic Park - 22/3/2011 1:48:34 AM   
Mr Grady

I remember seeing the first teaser trailer way back when..... the Amber Mosquito reveal and that was it.....''shit'' what's this?

A wonderful experience, i do repeat myself a lot when i talk about this film, however, there will never be a Cinematic experience IMO like watching this for the first time,  i do feel a bit sad that it will never be bettered.

(in reply to krudler)
Post #: 140
JURASSIC PARK - 29/3/2011 7:45:44 AM   
Snake-Eyes

well, I sold my JURASSIC PARK trilogy dvd set on eBay (along with CLASSIC Star Wars Trilogy set). Means I'll have to wait til this year's blu-ray release for my fix of Dinosaur Awesomeness.

(in reply to Mr Grady)
Post #: 141
RE: Jurassic Park - 29/3/2011 10:53:00 AM   
NCC1701A

quote:

ORIGINAL: foodage

Watched it again on ITV the other day. Might be my 2nd fav Spielberg film after Jaws, and even then it's close.

Jurassic Park is Spielberg's best work Jaws and the Indiana Jones Trilogy are just behind Jurassic Park alone with saving Private Ryan.
The T-Rax first attack is cinema's greastest moment. Just read the graphic Novel which was good but it missed some parts out.
Really looking forward to the Blu Ray.

< Message edited by NCC1701A -- 28/4/2011 10:47:43 AM >

Trench: I'll be back.

Church: You've been back enough. I'll be back.

[leaves]

Trench: Yippee-ki-yay.

The Expendables 2 (2012)

(in reply to foodage)
Post #: 142
RE: Jurassic Park - 29/3/2011 6:05:48 PM   
Gkel

Loved the effects-truly historic to witness for the first time but didnt care for the plot and characters.

Heard it described as Westworld with dinos beforehand so i expected lots of tourists and dinosaurs.There were also trading card ads that showed triceratops headbutting tour jeeps so I was disappointed to see it laying on the ground all the time.

I think once they saw that they had hit a  turning point with fx technology they should have upped the dino quotient a bit more. Spielberg has  stated he's a bit of a cheapskate when it comes to fx and will only use it when he absolutely must--I am pretty sure Valley of Gwangi had more onscreen dinosaur animation than JP--or at least it felt that way.

It was great to see the t-rex at the end again (even though it literally appeared out of thin air and didnt announce itself with impact tremors)---making the raptors the main dinosaur was such a strange choice--which they corrected in the others (big is better).

It was also too child-focused for me. Dinosaurs dont have to equal kids. Lots of old movies with dinosaurs didnt have kids or they have a very limited presence. I'd rather watch a bunch of adults trying to survive such an experience than following some guy playing babysitter.It wasnt so much about genetic engineering as a paleontologist learning to like kids.

As for the sequels-I liked them better as dino adventures.
If one overlooks the plot holes and stupid bits like the gymnastics scene LW actually got a fair bit of ironic humor I wouldnt normally associate with Spielberg. Favorite moments are the round up and  when the baby t-rex kills Ludlow.
Worst moment-gymnastics.
Its as if Spielberg wanted to signal that after Schindler's  he regarded these films as beneath him so he threw in completely idiotic things like the hunter leaving his gun right where Vaughn can tamper with it.

I preferred Sam Neill in part 3 facing doubts about his life and career although the ending was really abrupt.

Combine elements of all three movies and you could have one great dinosaur film.

< Message edited by Gkel -- 29/3/2011 6:20:46 PM >

(in reply to NCC1701A)
Post #: 143
RE: Jurassic Park - 28/4/2011 10:52:01 AM   
NCC1701A

[image][/image]
[image][/image]

< Message edited by NCC1701A -- 5/5/2011 2:38:37 PM >

[leaves]

The Expendables 2 (2012)

(in reply to Gkel)
Post #: 144
RE: Jurassic Park - 4/5/2011 4:28:34 AM   
No60MdiS

I so love this movie..

(in reply to Snake-Eyes)
Post #: 145
RE: Jurassic Park - 9/5/2011 12:36:02 AM   
Cribben

This was really the film which got me into cinema. I'm still amazed by how good the special effects are to this day, and by how much impact Spielberg gives all the scenes with the dinosaurs in them. Nowadays in monster movies you will mostly be looking at interchangeable CGI creatures which are impossible to care about. In Jurassic Park they really have personality and a sense of "wow! This is a dinosaur!"

I agree with the reviewer who wrote that the "wow, this is a dinosaur!" is this generation's Star Wars moment; it's comparable with the scene where audiences saw the Star Destroyer fly across the top of the screen for the first time in awaking their minds to the possibilities of film making and special effects.

Also, I can never watch it without humming the score for the next two days.

"At my signal, unleash hell."

Check out my blog at http://filmscoming2011.wordpress.com/
Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/FilmsWatchUk
Facebook Group: http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_181461265237258&ap=1

(in reply to Gamb10r 1138)
Post #: 146
RE: Jurassic Park - 26/5/2011 1:14:02 PM   
katie92

such a great film and all three gave me shivers when watching them! I was watching the first one the other week and was amazed at the special effects and models! just amazing!

(in reply to Gamb10r 1138)
Post #: 147
RE: Jurassic Park - 26/5/2011 2:01:53 PM   
rich

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9AVTlvbhKM

Meanwhile...

(in reply to katie92)
Post #: 148
RE: Jurassic Park - 29/5/2011 9:28:49 AM   
NCC1701A

[image][/image]

[leaves]

The Expendables 2 (2012)

(in reply to rich)
Post #: 149
JURASSIC PARK - 2/6/2011 9:56:10 PM   
Snake-Eyes

Along with the TOY STORY trilogy, all three JURASSIC PARK films are the firm favourites of my two year-old nephew; he loves T-Rex!

(in reply to NCC1701A)
Post #: 150
Page:   <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Favourite Films >> RE: JURASSIC PARK Page: <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI