Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Jurassic Park

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Favourite Films >> RE: Jurassic Park Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Jurassic Park - 14/1/2010 4:03:25 AM   
doubtlesswonder

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sphinx

quote:

ORIGINAL: Snake-Eyes

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sphinx

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: krudler

I like the sequels, The Lost World is beyond stupid with its plot holes at times, ditto 3, but they still have great sequences, the Pteradon landing on the bridge in 3 and coming out of the mist is still as creepy as fuck

hell yeah. ESPECIALLY the whole thing about the ship that brings T-REX to San Diego and just how the hell did it waste the crew?  I (like so many other people) have always hypothesised that it was a couple of stowaway Raptors that killed the crew but that's kinda lame as I'm sure we would have seen them.

Erm....Baby T.Rex?

No, the Baby T-Rex was being held in an enclosure at the San Diego Resort.
Oh wait yeah I remember now, Hmmm, maybe that's a blooper then or a deleted scene for a special, special edition. Like twenty year anniversary in 2013 - Oh Come on you know he's gonna do it!!

Originally there were raptors on the boat too. They got out of the hold an ate the crew, which is why there are bits everywhere, but the T-Rex is still shut in the hold. They cut the scene out and didn't bother to edit the following scenes, which is why it makes no sense.

quote:

homersimpson_esq
"Will someone please get this motherfuckin' horcrux outta this motherfuckin' snake."

quote:

homersimpson_esq
"See Mr Grey.
See Mr Grey abuse women.
Run women, run."

(in reply to Sphinx)
Post #: 31
JURASSIC PARK - 24/6/2010 9:34:39 AM   
Snake-Eyes

A good friend of mine was recently asking me "So what happened to Steven Spielberg? He used to make great Summer Movies." I told him about the upcoming TINTIN but we all know it ain't gonna be the same as when JURASSIC PARK was released; it was the true definition of Summer Blockbuster and set the standards for visual effects. I'm looking forward to the blu-ray release, I'll watch the trilogy back-to-back (hey, I enjoyed the sequels).

"When you have to shoot, shoot don't talk."

http://www.expendablespremiere.com/index.html

(in reply to doubtlesswonder)
Post #: 32
RE: JURASSIC PARK - 24/6/2010 11:38:38 AM   
The REAL Bozz

Jurassic Park is a brilliant flick. One of my all time faves and If I had a top 5 of all time it'd be there for sure. I love the sequels aswell! Although I prefer the 3rd over the Lost World.

Films I've watched
Star Trek Into Darkness ***
Iron Man 3 *****
Evil Dead (2013) ***
Bait 3D ***

(in reply to Snake-Eyes)
Post #: 33
RE: Jurassic Park - 26/6/2010 6:55:42 PM   
st3veebee

Yes its a cornerstone of my childhood, but I have seen this film well over 30 times and I love it just as much each time. The perfect pacing, the great characters and the sheer spectacular set pieces... Spielberg heaven. Why doesn't he make films like this anymore.

I could talk for days and days about it, but one thing I have noticed is just like in Jaws the amount of quotable lines in it. I'm not sure if it is the actors touch, the lines themselves or the fact I have just seen the film so many times but unlike modern thrill films each line is so memorable:

"You bred Raptors?"
"Clever girl.."
"What have they got in there, King Kong?"
""We've spared no expense"
"It's right up your alley"
"You see, your alive when they start to eat you, so, try to show a little respect"
"That is one big pile of shit"
"When you gotta go, ya gotta go"
"Yeah but your scientist were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, that they didn't stop to think if they should"
"Wheres the goat?"
"Thats not scary, more like a 6ft turkey"
"Welcome to Jurassic Park"
"Hold on to your butts"
"He left us! He left us" But thats not what Im gonna do"
"Mr. Hammond....the phones are working"
"No...Im simply saying life, uh, finds a way"
"Remind me to thank John for a lovely weekend"

and so on and so on

Latest Films:

Two days in New York: 4/5

Prometheus: 3.5/5

Abe Lincoln: VH 3/5

Twin Peaks: FWWM 3.5/5

(in reply to Gamb10r 1138)
Post #: 34
RE: Jurassic Park - 29/6/2010 1:12:52 PM   
fuzzy

Great Popcorn film with plenty of re-watch value. The only weak-link... Laura Dern. She was lucky that the rest of the cast were solid enough to carry her through it.

(in reply to doubtlesswonder)
Post #: 35
RE: Jurassic Park - 30/6/2010 9:17:26 PM   
Snake-Eyes

quote:

ORIGINAL: fuzzy

Great Popcorn film with plenty of re-watch value. The only weak-link... Laura Dern. She was lucky that the rest of the cast were solid enough to carry her through it.

What makes you say Dern was weak in this film? I think she did a good job.

actually, I remember thinking (when I first saw the film) that she reminded me of my Second Year Form Tutor who I used to fancy like no-one's business... damn she was hot!

(in reply to fuzzy)
Post #: 36
RE: Jurassic Park - 30/6/2010 9:20:14 PM   
DazDaMan

Got to agree with Snake on this - she was rather hot in the film....

You fucking fuckers are gonna do what I say or I'm going to stick my foot so far up your assholes you'll rue the day you crawled out of your mother's twat!

(in reply to Snake-Eyes)
Post #: 37
RE: Jurassic Park - 30/6/2010 9:25:40 PM   
Snake-Eyes

quote:

ORIGINAL: DazDaMan

Got to agree with Snake on this - she was rather hot in the film....

Yeah! and as I said, Ellie Satler looked EXACTLY like my Second Year Teacher, especially during the VERY HOT summer of 1989 and THAT school -trip to Margate! Homana-Homana-Homana!

(in reply to DazDaMan)
Post #: 38
RE: Jurassic Park - 30/6/2010 10:35:07 PM   
BOHEMIANBOB

This is what blockbuster summer films should be about.
Better than Avatar.

Misunderstood.
Don't care.
Have you seen my stolen signature?!

(in reply to Snake-Eyes)
Post #: 39
RE: Jurassic Park - 30/6/2010 10:46:04 PM   
Snake-Eyes

quote:

ORIGINAL: BOHEMIANBOB

This is what blockbuster summer films should be about.
Better than Avatar.

Absolutely.

(in reply to BOHEMIANBOB)
Post #: 40
RE: Jurassic Park - 30/6/2010 10:48:00 PM   
DazDaMan

I would actually agree, too. Hollywood blockbusters have lost a lot of their sparkle in the days since Jurassic Park...

You fucking fuckers are gonna do what I say or I'm going to stick my foot so far up your assholes you'll rue the day you crawled out of your mother's twat!

(in reply to Snake-Eyes)
Post #: 41
RE: Jurassic Park - 1/7/2010 12:11:59 AM   
BOHEMIANBOB

I remember coming out of this(lucky enough to see it on the biggest screen in Ireland) and thinking:Wow!
Came out of Avatar with the exact opposite feeling.
There's no denying the effort Cameron put into this film,and all his films,but he fell short.
I just felt i was being insulted somehow.

Misunderstood.
Don't care.

(in reply to DazDaMan)
Post #: 42
RE: Jurassic Park - 1/7/2010 7:58:37 AM   
DAVID GILLESPIE

quote:

ORIGINAL: DazDaMan

I would actually agree, too. Hollywood blockbusters have lost a lot of their sparkle in the days since Jurassic Park...

Wouldn't agree with you there. In the same year as Jurassic Park we had The Last Action Hero and that was a pile of crap. It had a massive budget and a great idea and it got it horribly wrong.
Sure the Blockbusters so far this year have been uninspiring ie Iron Man 2, Prince of Persia (yawn). But Tron Legacy and the final Potter film still hold a bit of excitement for me.
Jurassic Park did hit me with the 'WOW!' factor the first time I saw it on the cinema screen. Certain scenes like the Velocoraptor cracking its head on the refection and it's leap at the girl's legs were adrenaline pumpers.

Cludge Judge * Cold Fish

(in reply to DazDaMan)
Post #: 43
RE: Jurassic Park - 1/7/2010 8:00:39 AM   
DAVID GILLESPIE

quote:

I remember coming out of this(lucky enough to see it on the biggest screen in Ireland) and thinking:Wow!

That wouldn't happen to be 'The Cosy' of Kanturk?

Cludge Judge * Cold Fish

Post #: 44
RE: Jurassic Park - 1/7/2010 12:00:08 PM   
darth silas

quote:

ORIGINAL: DAVID GILLESPIE

quote:

Hey! i used to go to that cinema all the time! Havnt been there in ages,are they still open? One of my fondest cinema memories is seeing Indiana Jones and The Temple of Doom there in 1984.Ah,childhood memories.

Star Wars:Episodes 1,2,3,4,5,6.Taken together they are one giant movie and it is the greatest movie EVER.

(in reply to DAVID GILLESPIE)
Post #: 45
RE: Jurassic Park - 1/7/2010 12:05:37 PM   
The Hooded Man

Jurassic Park was one of the last blockbusters that had effects that actually looked real, everyone went overboard on CGI after its success, so much so that most blockbusters resemble computer games these days.

Counting the minutes until the over zealous mods lock this thread too.

(in reply to darth silas)
Post #: 46
RE: Jurassic Park - 1/7/2010 12:18:06 PM   
DazDaMan

That's because a lot of the effects WERE practical - they didn't use half as much CGI as people tend to think...

(in reply to The Hooded Man)
Post #: 47
RE: Jurassic Park - 1/7/2010 12:19:52 PM   
Titanm21

I remember seeing it and coming out the pics with me Dad and Brother and my legs shaking as I was coming off an adrenalin rush... especial after the Raptor/Kitchen scene.

www.TrailerHouseMusings@Blogspot.com

Join us for all the latest trailers in the world of Gaming, TV and Movies [also Facebook and Twitter]

(in reply to The Hooded Man)
Post #: 48
RE: Jurassic Park - 1/7/2010 12:36:57 PM   
The Hooded Man

Yeah Daz I seem to remember a lot of animatronics being pictured in the publicity for the film.

Counting the minutes until the over zealous mods lock this thread too.

(in reply to Titanm21)
Post #: 49
RE: Jurassic Park - 1/7/2010 12:55:20 PM   
DAVID GILLESPIE

quote:

ORIGINAL: darth silas

quote:

quote:

Hey! i used to go to that cinema all the time! Havnt been there in ages,are they still open? One of my fondest cinema memories is seeing Indiana Jones and The Temple of Doom there in 1984.Ah,childhood memories.

It is still The Cosy but is now a multiplex. The last time I was there was to see the gawd awful, Godzilla years ago. After the performance the management gave all leaving customers a warm plastic cup of warm water to melt the ice on their car windscreens. Now I call that good customer service.

Cludge Judge * Cold Fish

(in reply to darth silas)
Post #: 50
RE: Jurassic Park - 1/7/2010 9:48:52 PM   
BOHEMIANBOB

quote:

quote:

I knew when i wrote that it was a Fr Ted moment
Stereotypes people-it was actually the Savoy,where a lot of premieres with big stars take place.
Russell Brand was there last week.....

Misunderstood.
Don't care.

Post #: 51
RE: Jurassic Park - 1/7/2010 9:50:42 PM   
BOHEMIANBOB

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

It is still The Cosy but is now a multiplex. The last time I was there was to see the gawd awful, Godzilla years ago. After the performance the management gave all leaving customers a warm plastic cup of warm water to melt the ice on their car windscreens. Now I call that good customer service.

Where is Kanturk?Is it even in Ireland?
Does it even exist??

Misunderstood.
Don't care.

Post #: 52
RE: Jurassic Park - 1/7/2010 10:11:38 PM   
DAVID GILLESPIE

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Does it even exist??

Of course! Kanturk can be found in Co Cork, Ireland. Fairly close to Mallow. I remember the night my sister and law phoned The Cosy's movie information hotline. She asked about screening times (this part was answered) and then who starred in Godzilla and got a pause on the hotline with the confused response "Errrrr...nobody ye'd know?"

Cludge Judge * Cold Fish

Post #: 53
RE: Jurassic Park - 1/7/2010 10:17:46 PM   
BOHEMIANBOB

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Does it even exist??

Of course! Kanturk can be found in Co Cork, Ireland. Fairly close to Mallow. I remember the night my sister and law phoned The Cosy's movie information hotline. She asked about screening times (this part was answered) and then who starred in Godzilla and got a pause on the hotline with the confused response "Errrrr...nobody ye'd know?"

Fairly close to Mallow
The Cosy's hotline
Stop,you're killing me

Misunderstood.
Don't care.

Post #: 54
RE: Jurassic Park - 2/7/2010 8:03:16 AM   
DAVID GILLESPIE

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Does it even exist??

Fairly close to Mallow
The Cosy's hotline
Stop,you're killing me

http://www.coseymidiplex.net/pages/COSEY.phtml

Yae gotz to believe me!!

Cludge Judge * Cold Fish

Post #: 55
RE: Jurassic Park - 3/7/2010 1:07:29 PM   
fuzzy

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: fuzzy

What makes you say Dern was weak in this film? I think she did a good job.

I just though, IMO, she was a bit hammy in this film, the overacting made me cringe at times.

(in reply to Snake-Eyes)
Post #: 56
RE: Jurassic Park - 3/7/2010 1:22:23 PM   
UTB

Always wondered why (other than to fuel the plot) the most kick-ass dinosaur of them ALL is second on the tour.

Talk about blowing your load early.

(in reply to Snake-Eyes)
Post #: 57
RE: Jurassic Park - 3/7/2010 1:25:27 PM   
DazDaMan

"T-rex doesn't wanna be fed, he wants to hunt!"

(in reply to UTB)
Post #: 58
RE: Jurassic Park - 4/7/2010 4:21:12 PM   
simonmckergan1

The first T-Rex attack is still one of best scenes that Spielberg ever filmed.  The T-Rex as a special effect still stands up 17 years later.  Flip just typing that makes me feel old....17 years since Jurassic Park came out.

As you can see, my young apprentice, your friends have failed. Now witness the firepower of this fully ARMED and OPERATIONAL battle station!

(in reply to DazDaMan)
Post #: 59
RE: Jurassic Park - 4/7/2010 4:28:26 PM   
DazDaMan

Shit, yeah, I remember that year - the whole world went apeshit for dinosaurs!

(in reply to simonmckergan1)
Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Favourite Films >> RE: Jurassic Park Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI