Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Jurassic Park

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Favourite Films >> Jurassic Park Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Jurassic Park - 21/3/2008 10:50:09 AM   
Gamb10r 1138

Easily one of my favorite films of all time! It's genius, putting something we are so unfamiliar about (Dinosaurs) and putting them in todays world, cars, industrial kitchens etc. The effects are so amazing, and they kick the ass of Godzilla's effects.
Amazing!!

< Message edited by Gamb10r 1138 -- 21/3/2008 10:57:45 AM >

God creates dinosaurs. God destroys dinosaurs. God creates man. Man destroys God. Man creates dinosaurs.
Dinosaurs, eat man. Woman inherits the Earth.
Post #: 1
RE: Jurassic Park - 25/4/2009 7:30:45 AM   
Snake-Eyes

Love it, love it, LOVE IT! Just the other day, myself and two mates went to the Natural History Museum to see the Wildlife Photographer of The Year Exhibition and we were reminiscing about how BIG this film was in the Summer of 1993 - there was No Contest. Stan Winston's Animatronics combined with the ground-breaking CGI made the Dinosaurs come to life in a way I had only dreamed of as a kid. This film is Spielberg at the peak of his super-powers - Pure Entertainment. I love the John Williams Score. The Book by the late Michael Crichton is one of my favourites (PLEASE read it if you are a fan of the film).  5 Stars all the way - it doesn't get better than this.

< Message edited by Snake-Eyes -- 25/4/2009 7:32:25 AM >

"When you have to shoot, shoot don't talk."

http://www.expendablespremiere.com/index.html

(in reply to Gamb10r 1138)
Post #: 2
RE: Jurassic Park - 26/4/2009 1:22:02 AM   
jenzie

saw it at the cinema four times, the first time on holiday!!!

still jump when lexxie falls through the ceiling and the raptor jumps at her

still an AWESOME movie

ALIENS: yes, i still have the damn hat on ..... WANNA TAKE IT OFF ME????
HUMANS: well, yes .....
ALIENS: ACTIVATE THE STUPID HUMAN RAY!!!!!

http://www.intervocative.com/dvdcollection.aspx/jenzie

(in reply to Snake-Eyes)
Post #: 3
RE: Jurassic Park - 5/12/2009 8:42:56 PM   
Snake-Eyes

From Snake-Eyes' Collection:

< Message edited by Snake-Eyes -- 5/12/2009 10:39:45 PM >

(in reply to jenzie)
Post #: 4
RE: Jurassic Park - 5/12/2009 8:47:59 PM   
Snake-Eyes

A lot of people don't dig the sequels but I like them. ok, they aren't as good as the first film but they still hold up in terms of F/X and some cracking action set-pieces.

(in reply to Snake-Eyes)
Post #: 5
RE: Jurassic Park - 5/12/2009 8:56:32 PM   
krudler

I like the sequels, The Lost World is beyond stupid with its plot holes at times, ditto 3, but they still have great sequences, the Pteradon landing on the bridge in 3 and coming out of the mist is still as creepy as fuck

quote:

ORIGINAL: Squidward Hark Bugle

3D moving images are not films, they're holograms, and should be treated as a separate medium of storytelling, or artform.

(in reply to Snake-Eyes)
Post #: 6
RE: Jurassic Park - 5/12/2009 9:13:52 PM   
Snake-Eyes

quote:

ORIGINAL: krudler

I like the sequels, The Lost World is beyond stupid with its plot holes at times, ditto 3, but they still have great sequences, the Pteradon landing on the bridge in 3 and coming out of the mist is still as creepy as fuck

hell yeah. ESPECIALLY the whole thing about the ship that brings T-REX to San Diego and just how the hell did it waste the crew?  I (like so many other people) have always hypothesised that it was a couple of stowaway Raptors that killed the crew but that's kinda lame as I'm sure we would have seen them.

(in reply to krudler)
Post #: 7
RE: Jurassic Park - 5/12/2009 9:46:05 PM   
krudler

quote:

ORIGINAL: Snake-Eyes

quote:

hell yeah. ESPECIALLY the whole thing about the ship that brings T-REX to San Diego and just how the hell did it waste the crew?  I (like so many other people) have always hypothesised that it was a couple of stowaway Raptors that killed the crew but that's kinda lame as I'm sure we would have seen them.

I think that was a deleted scene or something that never made it to shooting but was in the script , made no sense in the final cut though
also:
Julianne Moore's "expert" not figuring that walking around a dinosaur infested island wearing a jacket drenched in baby T-Rex blood despite her banging on about how parental the Rexes are for the all the scenes previously, then being suprised when mammy Rex wanders into the camp for a feed

Peter Stormare going for a shit, in a jungle, on a dinosaur infested island, and not only walking so far away from the rest of the group that they cant hear him screaming but NOT ONCE thinking of firing the massive fucking gun he has with him into the air to attract some attention from the other humans, dope

Goldblums daughters gymnastic raptor killing antics, awful

And in part 3, I really, really ,really wanted a Raptor to bite Tea Leonis face off at some point, didnt happen though

quote:

3D moving images are not films, they're holograms, and should be treated as a separate medium of storytelling, or artform.

(in reply to Snake-Eyes)
Post #: 8
RE: Jurassic Park - 5/12/2009 10:05:41 PM   
Jodan_King

quote:

quote:

quote:

I think that was a deleted scene or something that never made it to shooting but was in the script , made no sense in the final cut though
also:
Julianne Moore's "expert" not figuring that walking around a dinosaur infested island wearing a jacket drenched in baby T-Rex blood despite her banging on about how parental the Rexes are for the all the scenes previously, then being suprised when mammy Rex wanders into the camp for a feed

Peter Stormare going for a shit, in a jungle, on a dinosaur infested island, and not only walking so far away from the rest of the group that they cant hear him screaming but NOT ONCE thinking of firing the massive fucking gun he has with him into the air to attract some attention from the other humans, dope

Goldblums daughters gymnastic raptor killing antics, awful

And in part 3, I really, really ,really wanted a Raptor to bite Tea Leonis face off at some point, didnt happen though

bloody awful - anyway -canterbury Odeon is showing this over mid-december
saw it first when I was nine - scared the shit out of me. love it 

(in reply to krudler)
Post #: 9
RE: Jurassic Park - 6/12/2009 1:56:59 PM   
DazDaMan

I remember going to see this at the cinema - and it was packed SOLID.

No fucking wonder. The film was the shit back then, and it still rocks now. They really don't make 'em like they used to!

You fucking fuckers are gonna do what I say or I'm going to stick my foot so far up your assholes you'll rue the day you crawled out of your mother's twat!

(in reply to Jodan_King)
Post #: 10
RE: Jurassic Park - 6/12/2009 2:15:12 PM   
Snake-Eyes

The designs of the dinos were part of a long process; Mark 'Crash' McCreery was the conceptual artist who worked closely with real palaeontologists to realise what the animals really looked like when they walked the earth, it was his artwork which then came to life via Stan Winston Studios and ILM. Up until then, cinema goers only saw the shoddy old stop-motion monsters which lacked the authenticity.

(in reply to DazDaMan)
Post #: 11
RE: Jurassic Park - 6/12/2009 2:50:23 PM   
Deviation

quote:

The really long filling exposition scenes of not interesting characters is also a problem, and the most interesting character with great dialogue is underwritten (Pete Postlethwaite's hunter).

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dpp1978
There are certainly times where calling a person a cunt is not only reasonable, it is a gross understatement.

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49
I really wish I could go down to see Privates

(in reply to krudler)
Post #: 12
RE: Jurassic Park - 7/12/2009 6:43:11 AM   
grucl

Jurassic Park stands as one of the few "early" CGI features who's effects haven't aged one bit. You simply can't tell when they switch from the animatronic robots to the full CG creatures.

The final stand-off in the entrance hall is one of my favorite set pieces ever. Just when you think they can't turn the screws any tighter. The people dangeling from the skeleton, raptors jumping around and then look how comes in to save the day:

The lost World is for the most part rather dull (as is Crichton's novel).
The film does have some very good scenes in it, though (from a visual/technical standpoint):

- the raptor attack in the high grass
- the trailer hanging over the cliff with the cracking glass floor
- the uninterrupted shot of Goldblum and the kids running towards site B while being attacked by more raptors

< Message edited by grucl -- 29/6/2010 7:51:42 AM >

(in reply to Deviation)
Post #: 13
RE: Jurassic Park - 8/12/2009 4:26:45 PM   
J.F.K.

Loved this film when it was first released and still love it today. It's one of those timeless Blockbusters, that will be appreciated for its use of CGI and animatronics for years to come.

The book by Michel Crichton is also excellent.

(in reply to grucl)
Post #: 14
RE: Jurassic Park - 11/12/2009 8:21:12 PM   
Virgil Brigman

I went to see it twice back in the summer of 1993, I was nine years old and it was a big deal. I loved it, one of the best films ever, and for what its worth, I love The Lost World, yes, it has huge plot holes, but the moment Julianne Moore is separated from falling to her death by a sheet of glass is one of Spielberg's most tension soaked moments.

With regards to the first one, does anyone else remember the epic wait for the video release? It was well over a year.

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attackships on fire of the shoulder of Orion. I've seen c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tenhauser gate. All those moments will be lost, in time, like tears in rain. Time to Die.

(in reply to J.F.K.)
Post #: 15
RE: Jurassic Park - 13/12/2009 1:13:50 PM   
Dr Lenera

Perhaps because as a kid I grew up on the stop motion of flms like One Million Years BC and the [actualy god awful] puppets of stuff like The Land That Time Forgot, I wasn't blown away by Jurassic Park as much as most people around the time were, and I remember thinking there should have been more dinosaurs! Nonetheless, in retrospect it's probably the first time dinosaurs were really convincing on film and the film is indeed very well crafted, the lengthy build up is carefully done, the horror/suspense moments excellently done [T Rex scene a superbly tense sequence] and the moments of relief and humour in the right places. The kids were good too, which helps. A great popcorn movie.

I actually find The Lost World more enjoyable, it's not as good a film and has some stupid aspects alreayd touched upon but I personally prefer it, it's faster and more thrilling in my opinion. From the moment of the glass shattering in the van[one of Spielebrg's best sequences in my opinion] the film is really full throttle all the way to the end [also love the Raptors picking off the men in the tall grass, brilliant]. As for part three, it lacked something for me and by now they really needed to do something new, still exciting though and with possibly the best dinosaur effects of the three.

check out more of my reviews on http://horrorcultfilms.co.uk/

(in reply to Virgil Brigman)
Post #: 16
RE: Jurassic Park - 13/12/2009 3:20:54 PM   
Rob_S

It has a few very decent set-pieces, but overall is let down by a shoddy script and some suspect performances - strange considering the standard of the cast. At the risk of sounding like a cynical git - those two kids deserved death. As did Sam Neill's "I'm not/I am ready to be a dad!" character arc - wholly unconvincing and syrupy.

(in reply to Dr Lenera)
Post #: 17
RE: Jurassic Park - 17/12/2009 11:08:36 AM   
grucl

Jurassic Park has one of the biggest continuity errors ever:

The T-Rex eats the goat and breaks through the fence there (the cars don't move anymore after that). 10 minutes later there suddenly is a deep chasm at that very same spot (you can tell by the broken fence that Sam Neill uses to climb down).

< Message edited by grucl -- 17/12/2009 11:09:24 AM >

(in reply to Rob_S)
Post #: 18
RE: Jurassic Park - 5/1/2010 1:27:48 PM   
JimBill93

That always confused me...!
I just try to go along with it though, seeing as it is one of my favourite films! (I know, it's bias, but who cares!)

"Jonesy?"

(in reply to grucl)
Post #: 19
RE: Jurassic Park - 7/1/2010 9:25:40 PM   
CU@theOscars

I don't know which I love more - the film or John Williams' score. Both are fantastic.

Philippe Petit: It's impossible, that's sure. So let's start working.

(in reply to Gamb10r 1138)
Post #: 20
RE: Jurassic Park - 7/1/2010 10:34:07 PM   
krudler

quote:

ORIGINAL: grucl

Jurassic Park has one of the biggest continuity errors ever:

The T-Rex eats the goat and breaks through the fence there (the cars don't move anymore after that). 10 minutes later there suddenly is a deep chasm at that very same spot (you can tell by the broken fence that Sam Neill uses to climb down).

Thats been debated loads on here, its either a bit further down the same road, the opposite side of the road (i dont buy this as theres only one track the cars can move on) or just a colossal fuck up

quote:

(in reply to grucl)
Post #: 21
RE: Jurassic Park - 7/1/2010 10:36:22 PM   
DazDaMan

It's been years since I read it, but is that not in the book as well??

You fucking fuckers are gonna do what I say or I'm going to stick my foot so far up your assholes you'll rue the day you crawled out of your mother's twat!

(in reply to krudler)
Post #: 22
RE: Jurassic Park - 12/1/2010 6:56:06 AM   
Snake-Eyes

"What've they got in there, King Kong?" - still love that line.

(in reply to DazDaMan)
Post #: 23
RE: Jurassic Park - 12/1/2010 8:39:10 AM   
DazDaMan

Dammit, I feel like watching this today!

(in reply to Snake-Eyes)
Post #: 24
RE: Jurassic Park - 12/1/2010 1:08:25 PM   
Sphinx

quote:

quote:

Erm....Baby T.Rex?

Meet The New Boss...Same As The Old Boss

(in reply to Snake-Eyes)
Post #: 25
RE: Jurassic Park - 12/1/2010 4:07:46 PM   
Snake-Eyes

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sphinx

quote:

quote:

Erm....Baby T.Rex?

No, the Baby T-Rex was being held in an enclosure at the San Diego Resort.

(in reply to Sphinx)
Post #: 26
RE: Jurassic Park - 13/1/2010 1:44:01 PM   
rich

People always say "the effects havent aged" but they have. The fact that I dont care because this is such a damn good film is what matters. My earliest cinema outing that I can think of too (or at least the only one that I can recall because of the film quality).

YOU BRED RAPTORS??!?

Meanwhile...

(in reply to Snake-Eyes)
Post #: 27
RE: Jurassic Park - 13/1/2010 1:53:39 PM   
DazDaMan

I watched it yesterday, and I don't agree on the effects ageing - they look now as they did then. In truth, though, the best effects are the physical ones (the full-scale T-rex, anyone?!).

(in reply to rich)
Post #: 28
RE: Jurassic Park - 13/1/2010 8:33:05 PM   
Sphinx

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Erm....Baby T.Rex?

No, the Baby T-Rex was being held in an enclosure at the San Diego Resort.
Oh wait yeah I remember now, Hmmm, maybe that's a blooper then or a deleted scene for a special, special edition. Like twenty year anniversary in 2013 - Oh Come on you know he's gonna do it!!

Meet The New Boss...Same As The Old Boss

(in reply to Snake-Eyes)
Post #: 29
RE: Jurassic Park - 13/1/2010 9:48:55 PM   
Snake-Eyes

quote:

Like twenty year anniversary in 2013 - Oh Come on you know he's gonna do it!!

hmmm... yeah maybe that's when we'll see blu-ray releases....

(in reply to Sphinx)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Favourite Films >> Jurassic Park Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI