Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

The Andromedra Strain

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> The Andromedra Strain Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
The Andromedra Strain - 20/3/2008 7:58:29 AM   
Timon

I've always been a big fan of Michael Chricton's book and the '71 film and this looks very good. It's a miniseries produced by Ridley and Tony Scott much like The Triangle last year (exec produced by Bryan Singer).

This mini series will air in the States in a month or two and boasts an impressive cast - Benjamin Bratt, Daniel Dae Kim, Andre Braugher, Christa Miller and Ricky Schroeder.

The trailer at the below website looks great and it looks like it's sticking very closely to the book. I can't wait.

For those not familiar with the story, it's about a satellite that crash-lands near a small town in Utah, unleashing a deadly plague that kills virtually everyone except two survivors - an old man and an infant, who may provide clues to immunizing the population. As the military attempts to quarantine the area, a team of highly specialized scientists are assembled to find a cure and stop the spread of the alien pathogen, code-named Andromeda.

http://www.aetv.com/the-andromeda-strain/

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

Twitter: @timonsingh
Post #: 1
RE: The Andromedra Strain - 20/3/2008 8:45:40 AM   
elab49

I see they've aged down the cast to make 'em prettier. Big fan of the film, myself. But I do love Braugher.

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 2
RE: The Andromeda Strain - 10/4/2008 3:55:27 PM   
Timon

http://www.dvdactive.com/news/releases/the-andromeda-strain.html

DVD info already!

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

Twitter: @timonsingh

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 3
RE: The Andromeda Strain - 10/4/2008 4:09:14 PM   
Mycroft

Hmm, Bratt and Schroder are terrible actors but the pace'll probably make that irrelevant. When's it start?

Edit: May 26th

< Message edited by Mycroft -- 10/4/2008 4:12:09 PM >

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 4
RE: The Andromeda Strain - 10/4/2008 4:13:19 PM   
elab49

I think it says finale 27th May, on street 3rd June. Memorial day weekend.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

(in reply to Mycroft)
Post #: 5
RE: The Andromeda Strain - 11/5/2008 7:05:26 PM   
Starscream

Sky Movies are showing this all week in two parts

The allspark will be mine!

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 6
RE: The Andromeda Strain - 11/5/2008 7:30:48 PM   
elab49

I was immensly disappointed - they tried to bring some up to date modern political twists into it (the cliched stuff that seems to be in all of these things) and diluted the entire plot to the brink of nonsense. I'd recommend rewatching the film.

quote:

(in reply to Starscream)
Post #: 7
RE: The Andromeda Strain - 12/5/2008 6:52:03 PM   
UTB

Sat through the first half but it was so bad that my lady and I decided not to bother with the second half.

The only highlight was seeing Jordan's soapy norks, and even that wasn't enough to make me want to sit through another 90 minutes of it.

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> The Andromedra Strain Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI