Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: The Apprentice 2008

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: The Apprentice 2008 Page: <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: The Apprentice 2008 - 10/4/2008 10:20:30 AM   
Timon

You could tell it was going wrong went they spend north of £500 on groceries, buying jars of Dominos and selling half a frozen pizza.

Fools.

Also, did Raef REALLY think bad Italian accents was a good idea?

Did Lee SERIOUSLY not know how to spell accents?

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

Twitter: @timonsingh

(in reply to Mute)
Post #: 121
RE: The Apprentice 2008 - 10/4/2008 10:24:44 AM   
Ivan Galliver

Love the show, but is it a prerequisite that all the wannabees spell Ego with 3 capital E's ??

Which came first, the xenomorph or the egg ??

(in reply to Mozza)
Post #: 122
RE: The Apprentice 2008 - 10/4/2008 10:25:14 AM   
Diggler

The right person went for sure last night. The two he took into the boardroom were never going to get sacked based on what they did. I don't think SAS is too keen on Simon. I don't think he sees much in him other than being a decent grafter. I wonder if he's made team leader next week?

The girls camp looks like a ticking timebomb and should make for some great viewing in the coming weeks.

"Hey Ron, I'm riding a furry tractor"

(in reply to Mute)
Post #: 123
RE: The Apprentice 2008 - 10/4/2008 10:29:23 AM   
Timon

quote:

ORIGINAL: Diggler

The right person went for sure last night. The two he took into the boardroom were never going to get sacked based on what they did. I don't think SAS is too keen on Simon. I don't think he sees much in him other than being a decent grafter.

I disagree. I think he likes Simon. I reckon he's see a lot of himself in him. Hard working, confident, says what needs to be said......etc.

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

Twitter: @timonsingh

(in reply to Diggler)
Post #: 124
RE: The Apprentice 2008 - 10/4/2008 10:37:36 AM   
Diggler

quote:

ORIGINAL: Timon

quote:

The right person went for sure last night. The two he took into the boardroom were never going to get sacked based on what they did. I don't think SAS is too keen on Simon. I don't think he sees much in him other than being a decent grafter.

I disagree. I think he likes Simon. I reckon he's see a lot of himself in him. Hard working, confident, says what needs to be said......etc.

From the few clips we saw of next weeks show I thought Simon looked like he may be the team leader so I think we'll find out next week exactly what chance he's got of winning. 

BTW, has the whole series been filmed already? I've never watched The Apprentice before and was wondering how far behind we are. Obviously we're at least a week behind but I've no idea when the tasks were filmed. Anyone know?

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 125
RE: The Apprentice 2008 - 10/4/2008 10:48:16 AM   
Peter Dragon

Judging by some of the pubs last night it was filmed during the autumn, saw a few flyers for Rugby World Cup on big screen in the background.
Have to say I am loathing that idiot who continues to wear the beret, you could plainly see her standing around in the kitchen last night doing nothing.
And what did we all think of the "Bollywood Dancer"?
Genius, hope he got payed.

Fuck land! I'm on a boat motherfucker!

(in reply to Diggler)
Post #: 126
RE: The Apprentice 2008 - 10/4/2008 10:58:43 AM   
Fluke Skywalker

I have to admit I'm getting kinda bored with this show. The tasks are all the types of things we've seen before, even the best bit (the boardroom showdowns) have a whiff of staleness about them because we know exactly what to expect.

People are going to shit it, argue, say anything to save their own arses and then get booted by SAS. We've seen the same thing 50 times over

(in reply to Peter Dragon)
Post #: 127
RE: The Apprentice 2008 - 10/4/2008 11:58:41 AM   
KnightofZyryab

quote:

quote:

quote:

From the few clips we saw of next weeks show I thought Simon looked like he may be the team leader so I think we'll find out next week exactly what chance he's got of winning. 

BTW, has the whole series been filmed already? I've never watched The Apprentice before and was wondering how far behind we are. Obviously we're at least a week behind but I've no idea when the tasks were filmed. Anyone know?

They were probably filmed either early this year or late last year. He's chosen his apprentice already - the trick is keeping it under wraps.

Imminent viewings : The Place Beyond the Pines

Read my blog at: http://alcentrodelaberinto.blogspot.com/

(in reply to Diggler)
Post #: 128
RE: The Apprentice 2008 - 10/4/2008 2:55:02 PM   
xmagic_dustx

The right person definitely got fired.

Was anyone else annoyed when they kept going to Tesco for their supplies? I was shouting at the screen: GO TO A WHOLESALERS!

Am I the only one who really likes Raef? There's just something cool about him and I don't know what it is.

I really cannot stand the girl in the girls' team who always tries to take charge and run the task. Claire, is it? Did you see her telling Sir Alan that she thought Sara did a really good job then later on she was talking to that other girl about how she thought she did a bad job? She's so two faced!

"I've killed a Hell of a lot of people to get to this point."

(in reply to KnightofZyryab)
Post #: 129
RE: The Apprentice 2008 - 10/4/2008 4:24:14 PM   
Marky_Mark

quote:

ORIGINAL: Peter Dragon
And what did we all think of the "Bollywood Dancer"?
Genius, hope he got payed.

For a couple of horrible moments, I thought that he was going to get naked....

Ginger McChinface got a little over-excited!!

I was also shouting at the telly last night for a different reason.....when Lee was blatantly lying to Suralan about the 'pep talk'; why did no-one think to use the footage, rather than make a decision on one person's word against another??

< Message edited by Marky_Mark -- 10/4/2008 5:01:03 PM >

Ramblings of a musician, telly addict, and tech-head...

www.twitter.com/MarkSaysThis

XBOX Live Gamertag: Roost N Roll

(in reply to Peter Dragon)
Post #: 130
RE: The Apprentice 2008 - 10/4/2008 4:37:40 PM   
Fletcher

quote:

You could tell it was going wrong went they spend north of £500 on groceries, buying jars of Dominos and selling half a frozen pizza.

Fools.

Did Lee really re3fer to himself at one point in the third person?

As for when its filmed. Its filmed during the autumn and winter until it gets to the last two. He then films two segments where each one gets hired. These two then work for Amstrad for a few months until SAS makes his choice and the segment where he tells the victor they are hired is edited onto the end of the final programme.

'Oh come on! Everybody knows this man tried to stab me through the neck, and you MISSED!....... butter fingers!'

The Bunk is strictly a suit and tie motherfucker

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 131
RE: The Apprentice 2008 - 10/4/2008 5:38:17 PM   
xmagic_dustx

quote:

ORIGINAL: Fletcher

quote:

Fools.

Did Lee really re3fer to himself at one point in the third person?

As for when its filmed. Its filmed during the autumn and winter until it gets to the last two. He then films two segments where each one gets hired. These two then work for Amstrad for a few months until SAS makes his choice and the segment where he tells the victor they are hired is edited onto the end of the final programme.

Oh that was hilarious!

"I, Lee McQueen!"

(in reply to Fletcher)
Post #: 132
RE: The Apprentice 2008 - 10/4/2008 5:43:22 PM   
Wilbert

quote:

quote:

quote:

The tasks were all filmed last summer.

You're killing Independent George!!!!

(in reply to Diggler)
Post #: 133
RE: The Apprentice 2008 - 10/4/2008 5:53:35 PM   
Goodfella

Another bunch of ego-tistic, head-in-the-sky arrogant twats competing again this year.

Liked the girls Bollywood restaurant idea last night. All going well until they realised that the only Asian amongst them couldn't even cook a curry herself!

"It is the Shawshank Redemption! Just with more tunneling through shit and less fucking redemption."

If you can quote the rules, then you can obey them.

(in reply to Wilbert)
Post #: 134
RE: The Apprentice 2008 - 10/4/2008 6:11:52 PM   
deniseA

quote:

ORIGINAL: Goodfella

All going well until they realised that the only Asian amongst them couldn't even cook a curry herself!

Nope, I don't see the link.

Loved how Kevin defended himself in the boardroom by tell Sralan how he gave this great motivational speech, to the team, like it was something to rival the presidents speech in Independence day. He's looks like he might be one of those that hangs around for a while before the inevitable happens.

First three weeks you usually have some idea of whose strong and who isn't but I can't pick from this lot.  There seem's to be an awful lot of deadwood to throw out.

(in reply to Goodfella)
Post #: 135
RE: The Apprentice 2008 - 16/4/2008 9:58:17 PM   
deniseA

Please, will somebody win, because they do well...

Not because they screw it up less than the other team.  Bunch of...arrrghhhhh

(in reply to deniseA)
Post #: 136
RE: The Apprentice 2008 - 16/4/2008 10:01:26 PM   
Boring Prophet

What the fuck.

Simon seemed like the only one with the bollocks to man up and accept responsibility when things went wrong.

Goddammit Surallan.

(in reply to deniseA)
Post #: 137
RE: The Apprentice 2008 - 16/4/2008 10:05:01 PM   
brampski

quote:

ORIGINAL: deniseA

Please, will somebody win, because they do well...

Not because they screw it up less than the other team.  Bunch of...arrrghhhhh

.....twats?!

Once again, think all 3 who got called back in could have gone.  What a snivelling slimy little bastard that Alex is, right from the start he was working to undermine Simon.  Claire was the same obviously.  Was great TV when Sir Alan told her to get out his sight - she doesn't stand a chance now.

Simon though, top bloke.  Just admitted he was out his depth on the You're Fired show.

Edited to add

£15.99 for a bog standard photo printed on A4?! F off!!
Also, take your fecking memory card to boots or somewhere and get them to do it for you!
Lucinda is useless, but she is getting made a scapegoat by her team-members. Neatly covering over the fact they are bloody inept as well...
Becks in the corner whilst it was all going to shite was hilarious though

< Message edited by brampski -- 16/4/2008 10:15:12 PM >

What are the occasions that warrant a dancing banana?

(in reply to deniseA)
Post #: 138
RE: The Apprentice 2008 - 16/4/2008 10:10:21 PM   
deniseA

The poor sod.  A little bit out of his depth, or maybe he was back stabbed a bit by the usual self serving, er, back stabbers!

He probably should have had someone else taking the photos, then he could have overseen everything else.

(in reply to brampski)
Post #: 139
RE: The Apprentice 2008 - 16/4/2008 10:37:34 PM   
clare_star_

I'm so annoyed with this week's episode. Another boardroom decision made for tv entertainment.

I think Wotherspoon really showed himself up this week as a right snake in the grass - watching every one of Surallen's moves to keep his position.

''Twitter''

(in reply to deniseA)
Post #: 140
RE: The Apprentice 2008 - 16/4/2008 10:39:39 PM   
Chojin

if you're going to br working for a technical company then why the fuck didn't a single one of the fucktards have the idea to network a laptop>laptop from the photo setup to the backroom?

1) take photo

2) name as an order number/name/order requirement

example: 'Katherine.2903040.Mug and Jigsaw.jpeg'

3) upload to webspace/mail to an account/upload to network folder/whatever possiblities are almost endless.

4) print the fucking photo!!!!

and taking photos from a memory card.....? SERIOUSLY?! how do you fuck this up? any of the above takes about 10 minutes to set up and they even had a tech guy on hand they could have asked to do it for them.

edit: and the sight of the MS word-made order sheets enraged me even further. what century are they living in?

< Message edited by Chojin -- 16/4/2008 10:42:39 PM >

http://chojin.devour.org - Mixes, Contact, Etc
XBL/PSN - Chojin22000

(in reply to deniseA)
Post #: 141
RE: The Apprentice 2008 - 16/4/2008 10:45:36 PM   
Diggler

I said last week Simon would be team leader and that he was on dodgy ground. If it was a popularity or nice guy competition he'd win hands down, the problem is it isn't. SAS aint stupid, he'll have an idea who he wants to win. I would say he probably looks past all the bitching and back stabbing as he expects it. Simon was never going to win in a million years and he probably did him a favour sacking him so early.

It is annoying for the general public seeing snakes like Claire and Alex getting off the hook but SAS is far from stupid. He'll know who he wants and what makes good TV. All the bitching, shouting and backstabbing can be edited to make the following show look as though it's one not to miss.

I'd say from what I've seen Raef has the best chance of winning. All the other nonsense that goes on is purely for TV ratings.

(in reply to clare_star_)
Post #: 142
RE: The Apprentice 2008 - 16/4/2008 10:49:40 PM   
brampski

quote:

I'd say from what I've seen Raef has the best chance of winning. All the other nonsense that goes on is purely for TV ratings.

Agreed, he seems to have his head screwed on the right way.  Did like the way he just walked away from Helene and Lucinda's argument, knew no good would come of it.

Plus, he managed to pull off a tight pink sweater coupled with white trousers.  What a guy!

What are the occasions that warrant a dancing banana?

(in reply to Diggler)
Post #: 143
RE: The Apprentice 2008 - 16/4/2008 10:50:45 PM   
Chojin

oh for sure, raef for the win

did anyone clock his bright pink jumper with white trousers.

man has style yo

edit: bah brampski beat me to it but its nice to know i wasnt the only one to notice those 2 seconds of pure style perfection

< Message edited by Chojin -- 16/4/2008 10:53:21 PM >

http://chojin.devour.org - Mixes, Contact, Etc
XBL/PSN - Chojin22000

(in reply to Diggler)
Post #: 144
RE: The Apprentice 2008 - 16/4/2008 10:54:14 PM   
El Becks

I do think it is a shame Simon went tonight.  I think he is probably right; he is more of a number two - but isn't that what Sir Alan is looking for - someone to work under him - he certainly wouldn't want a maverick who couldn't take orders.  Wasn't it refreshing as well to find someone amongst this lot of egotistical bastards that actually admitted he wasn't up to the task and bore no malice to his fellow contestants - even though it was clear he'd been stabbed in the back by several of them.  I'll miss Simon - he seemed a genuinely nice, hardworking bloke.

It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt

(in reply to Chojin)
Post #: 145
RE: The Apprentice 2008 - 16/4/2008 11:11:46 PM   
paulyboy

Great episode this week, arguably the best so far this series.

Just been watching Simon on You're Fired and what a great bloke, but modest to a fault, I think he sells himself short by some considerable margin, he's far more capable than he thinks in my opinion. I don't think he managed the task that badly at all quite frankly, granted I think he could of attempted (and I use that word in relation to Claire, the girl's nigh on fucking impossible to deal with) to manage the production side of things a little better, but that aside I thought he was alright and no where near as combative or in your face as the others made out. Despite his own thoughts on the matter, I think he deserved to stay.

I agree that long-term he probably lacks the chops to win this thing, so perhaps it's best he went now, but I have trouble seeing someone like that fired when two fuckwits are sitting either side of him. Speaking of which, Alex and Claire, deary me. Alex is a wanker, I suspected as much in the fish market task and as for Claire, must every discussion with that woman turn into an argument, impossible to work with if you ask me.

As for an early front runner, Jennifer's the only one that strikes me as genuinely capable at this stage, from what I've seen at least.

"Pain heals, chicks dig scars, glory lasts forever!"

(in reply to Chojin)
Post #: 146
RE: The Apprentice 2008 - 17/4/2008 12:36:17 AM   
xmagic_dustx

I really wanted Claire to be fired this week. She's so annoying.

(in reply to paulyboy)
Post #: 147
RE: The Apprentice 2008 - 17/4/2008 2:26:16 AM   
KnightofZyryab

Claire should have gone this week, with her constant depthless attacks on Sinom being emotional and her desperate plea to SA. She destabilised the task by opposing Simon from the start and she was the same with the previous teamleader. My prediction : Raef, Jennifer and Lee for the final three.

Imminent viewings : The Place Beyond the Pines

Read my blog at: http://alcentrodelaberinto.blogspot.com/

(in reply to xmagic_dustx)
Post #: 148
RE: The Apprentice 2008 - 17/4/2008 7:57:46 AM   
Base

Simon is a nice bloke, but he was beginning to annoy me last night with his desperation to show he can manage (which he couldn't).  Worse was his 'My mate's a photographer which makes me an expert' spiel.  He clearly didn't have a clue about photography beyond the basic controls, luckily his clientele weren't the most discerning of people either...

I am making a mental list of those who are snickering, and even as I speak I'm preparing appropriate retribution...!

(in reply to KnightofZyryab)
Post #: 149
RE: The Apprentice 2008 - 17/4/2008 8:06:07 AM   
Newander

Good episode last night. Some highlights for me were:

Raef's pink sweater moment

Simon draping that girl who was having her photo taken in that swathe of purple material and saying she looked regal, she looked ridiculous.

Charging 15 quid for a photo on A4 paper

Sir Alan in the boardroom talking to snake Clare...awfull girl...get her out.

(Simon is on Heart FM as i write this )

< Message edited by Newander -- 17/4/2008 8:07:03 AM >

To indeed be a god!

(in reply to Base)
Post #: 150
Page:   <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: The Apprentice 2008 Page: <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI