Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: The Apprentice 2008

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: The Apprentice 2008 Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: The Apprentice 2008 - 2/4/2008 10:39:01 PM   
Hobbitonlass

Lucinda = Lady Ribenaberet 

Come join in the Photo competition http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=3116407&mpage=1&key=

(in reply to deniseA)
Post #: 91
RE: The Apprentice 2008 - 2/4/2008 10:48:13 PM   
Chojin

quote:

ORIGINAL: deniseA

The latest guardian blog.  Good stuff as always:

http://blogs.guardian.co.uk/organgrinder/2008/04/the_apprentice_series_four_epi_1.html

quote:

Not seen this but apparently this scene will appear...

Rafe: I've faced death on several occasions

Sralan: Where? At the hairdressers

http://chojin.devour.org - Mixes, Contact, Etc
XBL/PSN - Chojin22000

(in reply to deniseA)
Post #: 92
RE: The Apprentice 2008 - 3/4/2008 7:56:58 AM   
Newander

Good show last night,some really cringy moments...most regarding Raefs hair....wtf??? Get thee to a decent hairdresser, he's got the hair of a 60 year old.

Wrong firing IMO, that awfull Jenny has to go.

To indeed be a god!

(in reply to Chojin)
Post #: 93
RE: The Apprentice 2008 - 3/4/2008 8:40:08 AM   
Kilo_T_Mortal

Why the hell did he fire the only decent woman on the team? No wonder his company is doing so badly.

he's ruining my buestiful threat!

"She must have known about all this before she let that grinning loon put his space-cock anywhere near her?"
horribleives

(in reply to Newander)
Post #: 94
RE: The Apprentice 2008 - 3/4/2008 8:46:12 AM   
Wilbert

He fired her because he knows the conflict between the other two is going to make for good tv over the coming weeks. It was a tv reason rather than a business reason.

You're killing Independent George!!!!

(in reply to Kilo_T_Mortal)
Post #: 95
RE: The Apprentice 2008 - 3/4/2008 9:07:53 AM   
Sinatra

quote:

ORIGINAL: Wilbert

He fired her because he knows the conflict between the other two is going to make for good tv over the coming weeks. It was a tv reason rather than a business reason.

Quite right, I think he's probably got a pretty decent idea of whom he wants to employ already.
I think the ex-army guy is quite impressive so far, seems like a nice chap and took the bull by the horns last night.

(in reply to Wilbert)
Post #: 96
RE: The Apprentice 2008 - 3/4/2008 9:37:11 AM   
Kilo_T_Mortal

quote:

Sad isn't it, I still think he believes he's doing a service to British business by *teaching* people good management skills. Just not the case anymore, comparing the applicants from the first series with this one is a real eye opener.

he's ruining my buestiful threat!

"She must have known about all this before she let that grinning loon put his space-cock anywhere near her?"
horribleives

(in reply to Wilbert)
Post #: 97
RE: The Apprentice 2008 - 3/4/2008 9:39:38 AM   
ginger_matt51

I totally agree that the two fruit-loops were kept in as they'll make good television for a couple of weeks as we getting increasingly angry with the childish playground bully and the posh girl with a lisp.

In my opinion it's looking like one of the boys to win ... personally i'd go for Alex at this stage.

(in reply to Sinatra)
Post #: 98
RE: The Apprentice 2008 - 3/4/2008 9:45:35 AM   
Timon

It simply because she'd didn't defend herself at all.

SAS probably doesn't watch the footage beforehand and was just going on what he was told.

1) That she left the team without explaining her system

2) That she lies (apparently) and is a negative influence.

Because she didn't really say anything to the contary, Sir Alan just believed the evil red head and binned her. Unfair AND uncalled for but she just didn't fight back. Pity.

As for the men - My boys! Impressive stuff. I was so proud of them! Raef clearly has more drive then I gave him credit for. It's almost going to be a shame when they mix up the teams.

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

Twitter: @timonsingh

(in reply to Mozza)
Post #: 99
RE: The Apprentice 2008 - 3/4/2008 10:08:42 AM   
shool

Quality TV again. Well done the lads. Those 4 back at the laundrette worked their knackers off.

I thought they acted pretty sensibly when it came to checking prices and pitching for business etc. Restaurants, rugby clubs and bed and breakfast places would have been a better bet too.

What a mess for the girls. Losing items of clothing and what was with their prices???

The losing stuff was all down to poor communication. Should have been Jenny to go as she is an uber bitch and also should have made sure that all the team had the process communicated to them.

Invisio Text for Spoilers
[ color=#F1F1F1 ] Spoiler text [ /color ] , remove spaces between square brackets

"No one knows what it means, but it's provocative... It gets the people going!"

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 100
RE: The Apprentice 2008 - 3/4/2008 10:12:07 AM   
Alistair81

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sinatra

quote:

Quite right, I think he's probably got a pretty decent idea of whom he wants to employ already.
I think the ex-army guy is quite impressive so far, seems like a nice chap and took the bull by the horns last night.

Couldn't agree with both of you guys more.  Sugar definitely kept the two he did for the TV ratings - I was watching the boardroom scenes at the end when the girls were all arguing thinking Alan's loving it!  Added to which the girl who was fired was blatantly stabbed in the back by the team leader who couldn't have done it more obviously and should have taken ultimate responsibility for the almighty cock-up of losing the stuff. (Funniest moment for me: Alan basically said to team leader - You are ultimately responsible for the whole mess but I'm going to fire her instead (whilst thinking just think of the ratings!)

Regarding the ex-army guy - I don't think the guys team would have done at all well without him cos they'd never have been organised enough to get it all done.

"The kid's like... he's like a... have you ever seen a drunk baby? "

"Jar Jar Binks makes the Ewoks look like... fuckin'... Shaft. "

(in reply to Sinatra)
Post #: 101
RE: The Apprentice 2008 - 3/4/2008 11:16:34 AM   
Fluke Skywalker

Praise the lords we have a psycho bitch on this year's Apprentice! Shazia fully deserved to go because she put herself in charge of organisation and then left before the job was finished. Fair enough Jenny should take some blame for letting her go, but for the sake of good TV the nutter must remain.

The way she attacked poor old Lucinda was vicious plus her switching on Shazia in the boardroom was evil but highly entertaining.

Good job by the lads - got the orders in for a good price and then worked their socks off. I reckon Raef is alright and doesn't come across a bad guy at all - being a toff doesn't automatically make him a tosser.

(in reply to Alistair81)
Post #: 102
RE: The Apprentice 2008 - 3/4/2008 12:33:35 PM   
Sinatra

Not a tosser no, but annoying... "one must do this and one must do that"... I mean, even the posh people I know don't talk like that all of the time???!

(in reply to Fluke Skywalker)
Post #: 103
RE: The Apprentice 2008 - 3/4/2008 1:01:43 PM   
Professor Moriarty

This show can just be so frustrating at times. 

Firstly the lads were pretty lucky to come out ahead and god bless Seargent Major what's his face, cos £200 for 1000 pieces of laundry was bad business and showed no negotiation. 

Congrats to the 4 "working class" fellas for getting stuck in, but I thought the edit to the other 3 was a bit unfair.  I mean they get a coffee cos they are gonna be sat in the car for half an hour, its hardly like they went out and had dinner or such.

Sometimes it seems odd that how you perform in the task has little overall relevance to how you perform in the boardroom and who gets fired.  Does SAS even listen to the guys who follow the teams around?  Mad pricing, a lack of proper planning, poor leadership, terrible sales skills and rather pitiful begging all meant the PM should have gone in this task.  But lets remember that however much the BBC likes to present the case as otherwise this is TV and entertainment, not business cos no one on their right mind would consider hiring last nights PM.

(in reply to Sinatra)
Post #: 104
RE: The Apprentice 2008 - 3/4/2008 1:18:09 PM   
clare_star_

quote:

ORIGINAL: Professor Moriarty

Firstly the lads were pretty lucky to come out ahead and god bless Seargent Major what's his face, cos £200 for 1000 pieces of laundry was bad business and showed no negotiation. 

Congrats to the 4 "working class" fellas for getting stuck in, but I thought the edit to the other 3 was a bit unfair.  I mean they get a coffee cos they are gonna be sat in the car for half an hour, its hardly like they went out and had dinner or such.

Sometimes it seems odd that how you perform in the task has little overall relevance to how you perform in the boardroom and who gets fired.  Does SAS even listen to the guys who follow the teams around?  Mad pricing, a lack of proper planning, poor leadership, terrible sales skills and rather pitiful begging all meant the PM should have gone in this task.  But lets remember that however much the BBC likes to present the case as otherwise this is TV and entertainment, not business cos no one on their right mind would consider hiring last nights PM.

I found it quite interesting that they didn't make more of the fact the team divided that way, especially after last week's class arguement. Maybe it was all down to how terribly the girls did in the task.

The more I think about it the more annoyed I feel with the way Jenny acted. Her attacks on Lucinda throughout the episode were nothing compared with the way she suddenly turned on Shazia in the boardroom. I find it so embarrassing that the meeting ended up a contest between who was the biggest bitch. Honestly, every year I watch and every year the opening rounds put me off - women in competition with one another is just cringeworthy.

''Twitter''

(in reply to Professor Moriarty)
Post #: 105
RE: The Apprentice 2008 - 3/4/2008 1:58:17 PM   
Chojin

I dont think SAS would be bothered at all by ratings or how much he's getting for doing the show....

I do think he makes his decisions solely based on how he percieves the situation.

XBL/PSN - Chojin22000

(in reply to Marky_Mark)
Post #: 106
RE: The Apprentice 2008 - 3/4/2008 2:05:42 PM   
Rumbaabaa

http://youtube.com/watch?v=qglsrwrLJuk

(in reply to Chojin)
Post #: 107
RE: The Apprentice 2008 - 3/4/2008 3:51:40 PM   
ginger_matt51

quote:

ORIGINAL: clare_star_

women in competition with one another is just cringeworthy.

Unless mud-wrestling is involved ...

(in reply to clare_star_)
Post #: 108
RE: The Apprentice 2008 - 3/4/2008 4:18:55 PM   
Wilbert

quote:

ORIGINAL: Timon

It simply because she'd didn't defend herself at all.

No, Timon, it's because she wasn't good TV.

Thats it. He probably knows which of the applicants are not going to win already and is just picking them off one by one.

He knows that the other two aren't going to make it either so he might as well keep them around as it will be more entertaining with them in the show.

His decisions from one week to another (except the final week) have nothing to do with business and everything to do with ratings.

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 109
RE: The Apprentice 2008 - 3/4/2008 4:57:07 PM   
shool

You lot are so cynical 

I dont reckon SAS makes his decisions for the sake of ratings. Anyhow, I dont think the ratings would dip even if one of the other 2 got fired.

Invisio Text for Spoilers
[ color=#F1F1F1 ] Spoiler text [ /color ] , remove spaces between square brackets

"No one knows what it means, but it's provocative... It gets the people going!"

(in reply to Wilbert)
Post #: 110
RE: The Apprentice 2008 - 3/4/2008 7:18:56 PM   
dj vivace

Agreed, good show last night and  was good to see the lads win. The guys back at the laundrette were a good laugh, and i hate to say it, but Raef wasn't as irritating as he was last week.

you can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you!

See more of my reviews here under the name Matt Wavish :
Horror Cult Film Reviews

(in reply to shool)
Post #: 111
RE: The Apprentice 2008 - 3/4/2008 7:37:20 PM   
Chojin

XBL/PSN - Chojin22000

(in reply to Marky_Mark)
Post #: 112
RE: The Apprentice 2008 - 3/4/2008 8:26:26 PM   
clare_star_

quote:

ORIGINAL: ginger_matt51

quote:

ORIGINAL: clare_star_

women in competition with one another is just cringeworthy.

Unless mud-wrestling is involved ...

Ah well I forgot to factor that into my calculations.

Thankfully I think that's another sort of tv show.  Plus we would never get to see Lucinda wear that beret if that were the case.

Seriously though, it makes me feel embarrassed to watch groups of women stabbing each other in the back, they always make things so personal!

''Twitter''

(in reply to ginger_matt51)
Post #: 113
RE: The Apprentice 2008 - 3/4/2008 10:48:41 PM   
Wilbert

quote:

ORIGINAL: shool

You lot are so cynical 

I dont reckon SAS makes his decisions for the sake of ratings. Anyhow, I dont think the ratings would dip even if one of the other 2 got fired.

Don't be so naive, Shool!

Sugar knows that there are 3 or 4 genuine candidates in there and the rest are ratings fodder!

(in reply to shool)
Post #: 114
RE: The Apprentice 2008 - 3/4/2008 11:53:36 PM   
Chojin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1C0pgE9Cus

XBL/PSN - Chojin22000

(in reply to Wilbert)
Post #: 115
RE: The Apprentice 2008 - 4/4/2008 9:19:46 AM   
Marky_Mark

quote:

Does SAS even listen to the guys who follow the teams around? 

Good point...in previous series, he usually consults with them before making his firing decision; we didn't see him do that this week.

Ramblings of a musician, telly addict, and tech-head...

www.twitter.com/MarkSaysThis

XBOX Live Gamertag: Roost N Roll

Post #: 116
RE: The Apprentice 2008 - 4/4/2008 11:01:48 AM   
paulyboy

Was out on Wednesday so only just got round to watching this weeks on the iPlayer. In short, boys were great, girls were a shambles, wrong person got fired.

The male bonding montage to Cyndi Lauper's 'True Colours' on You're fired nearly had me in tears, incredibly funny.

"Pain heals, chicks dig scars, glory lasts forever!"

(in reply to Marky_Mark)
Post #: 117
RE: The Apprentice 2008 - 6/4/2008 1:10:39 PM   
brampski

quote:

The voice-over clearly stated that the hotel job normally cost £200.  No doubt it is normally taken by a much larger launderette with better economies of scale but the boys were right to take it to secure the contract.  Especially as they went in 2nd after the girls, so it seems a reasonable assumption that the hotellier was trying to negotiate a further price cut over what the girls offered.  Boys didn't know the girls had already shot themselves in the foot and £200 was relatively consistent with the private prices they'd discussed on the phone. 

Overall, I think the boys did really well although I agree about the editing of the boys sipping coffee in the car.  I think on the phone they mentioned it was about 8:30pm so there was still over 5 hours for them all to pitch in with the laundering.

I personally think that Shazia didn't do anything in the boardroom to warrant her survival.  SAS likes strong characters and Shazia didn't fight enough for her place.  After all, if she left the organising of the washing to go back to the house she'd have done it with the agreement of the PM.  But she barely mentioned this, and didn't fight her corner on the "Lying" accusations as well.  Overall, the PM got let off lightly in the boardroom as there was plenty of ammunition to use against her.  Shazia came across as weak, so she won't be missed. 

Army guy to win - if only as he isn't a complete wanker and seems really enthusiastic about everything.  Was amusing how delighted he was to secure £200 as if it was the biggest amount of cash he'd ever seen...

What are the occasions that warrant a dancing banana?

Post #: 118
RE: The Apprentice 2008 - 10/4/2008 9:55:18 AM   
Peter Dragon

Anyone watch last night?
Right person got the sack imo.
I think he was just hoping they'd win the challenge and not have to make any hard decisions in doing so.
And why oh why didn't Ian just go to a market stall for veg on the day of the challenge, rather than fecking Tesco's!?
I dunno.

Simon VS Alex next week looks like it could be tasty.

Fuck land! I'm on a boat motherfucker!

(in reply to brampski)
Post #: 119
RE: The Apprentice 2008 - 10/4/2008 10:01:36 AM   
Mute

quote:

ORIGINAL: Peter Dragon

Anyone watch last night?
Right person got the sack imo.
I think he was just hoping they'd win the challenge and not have to make any hard decisions in doing so.
And why oh why didn't Ian just go to a market stall for veg on the day of the challenge, rather than fecking Tesco's!?
I dunno.

Simon VS Alex next week looks like it could be tasty.

The right person definitely went. He was meant to be project manager, but he did'nt do any managing. He should've realised that food costs more in the supermarket than at the market. And does anyone else think Kevin's a bit of a wanker?

PSN: blackout505

(in reply to Peter Dragon)
Post #: 120
Page:   <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: The Apprentice 2008 Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI