Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: The Apprentice 2008

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: The Apprentice 2008 Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: The Apprentice 2008 - 27/3/2008 2:36:31 PM   
jediwarrior

Really loved the first episode. What the hell is wrong with Raef hair

Most likely going to regret this over the coming weeks as she's bound to get on my nerves but I really fancied Lindi last night. She looked very hot in her dress at the dinner table

GAMERTAG: hothtrooper

The hate of men will pass, and dictators die, and the power they took from the people will return to the people. And so long as men die, liberty will never perish.

(in reply to Captain Black)
Post #: 61
RE: The Apprentice 2008 - 27/3/2008 2:51:34 PM   
Marky_Mark

Who's Lindi? The one who started selling the fish straight away?? Impatient she may be, but yep, she's pretty hot.

I got dibs on the arrogant Irish lass ("I'd say I was the best salesperson in Europe")!

Ramblings of a musician, telly addict, and tech-head...

www.twitter.com/MarkSaysThis

XBOX Live Gamertag: Roost N Roll

(in reply to jediwarrior)
Post #: 62
RE: The Apprentice 2008 - 27/3/2008 3:32:13 PM   
Hobbitonlass

quote:

ORIGINAL: jediwarrior

What the hell is wrong with Raef hair

You do realise that this is going to become the next big fashion trend.  Just like Anniston hair did after Friends

Come join in the Photo competition http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=3116407&mpage=1&key=

Post #: 63
RE: The Apprentice 2008 - 27/3/2008 3:51:12 PM   
paulyboy

Oh how I've missed The Apprentice, what a bunch of tossers!

Funny thing is that depsite the "I've never failed in my life" bollocks that De Lacy was parading around I actually felt the blame was somewhat unfairly laid on his shoulders truth be told. Two pricing mistakes, one because Raef had misidentified the product and the second because that's the price Alex gave him. Admittidly he should of spotted something was up with the Lobster pricing (he had the cost pricing afterall), that said they all should of, even Alex the team leader was in there like a rat up an aqueduct selling Lobster to that woman for £5 a piece.

Shagged himself up the bum in the board room at the end though, if he'd of curbed the talk about his qualifications and the "cultural divides" evident in the group and concentrated a little more on arguing his corner with regards to the pricing he might of stood a chance.

"Pain heals, chicks dig scars, glory lasts forever!"

(in reply to Marky_Mark)
Post #: 64
RE: The Apprentice 2008 - 27/3/2008 4:35:03 PM   
Greggieboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Marky_Mark

Who's Lindi? The one who started selling the fish straight away?? Impatient she may be, but yep, she's pretty hot.

I got dibs on the arrogant Irish lass ("I'd say I was the best salesperson in Europe")!

You can have her, just as long as I can have the tall, thin Redhead (Jenni, I think)  Hubba Hubba!!

If you watch The Apprentice without watching Your Fired, your missing half the show.  Think of it as a really good DVD extra.

Last Few Films Seen:Captain America;77/100 Harry Potter 7b; 85/100 Super 8; 74/100 X Men;First Class;76/100Fututre Films: Cowboys & Aliens, ROTPOTA, Cars 2, , Bridesmaids (at some point)

(in reply to Marky_Mark)
Post #: 65
RE: The Apprentice 2008 - 27/3/2008 4:45:20 PM   
mayo12

quote:

Really loved the first episode. What the hell is wrong with Raef hair

Most likely going to regret this over the coming weeks as she's bound to get on my nerves but I really fancied Lindi last night. She looked very hot in her dress at the dinner table

I'm with you Jedi, that dudes hair was living a life of its own. "One should not let one's hair out of one's control"... I'd actually have preferred him to go rather than the "I got a B once" kid. But I didn't like either of them so I'm not overly bothered.

The other guy who did my head in was the idiot who went and sold all that fish for £50 right at the end (sorry, its too early for knowing names) It was that comment in the boardroom that had me laughing - "Aren't you my friend?" Its a competition not fucking summer camp! 

Really can't remember who Lindi is though...

If there was a day I could live. A single breath I could take. I'd trade all the others away...

"Fucking Chuck Norris."

Post #: 66
RE: The Apprentice 2008 - 27/3/2008 7:20:49 PM   
Mute

quote:

ORIGINAL: Fluke Skywalker

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hobbitonlass

quote:

ORIGINAL: Fluke Skywalker

Can't believe not one of them sought to question lobsters going for a fiver. If they were that cheap you would be getting them in the supermarkets.

If I had been asked to price up a lobster then I wouldn't have had a clue as I don't eat anything remotely associated with the sea  

However I have a vague idea that lobster is considered a delicacy and therefore expensive so someone who moves in the upper class circles should certainly have thought that.  Or any of them actually. 

Exactly - it's just basic common sense for people who are supposed to be fairly intelligent

It says a lot about the private school system that someone who is ashamed of getting a B in French still doesn't know that a lobster is meant to be expensive. I'd have thought most posh people would have known that,just like they should know that the French are famous for cheese so selling them supermarket cheddar is a bad idea.

PSN: blackout505

(in reply to Fluke Skywalker)
Post #: 67
RE: The Apprentice 2008 - 27/3/2008 7:31:48 PM   
Chojin

quote:

no way man, this bint all the way!

Figure>*

------------------------------------

--and Re: Raef

Avid Merrion: 'I don't know what he is!'

i couldn't make out whether it was a wig he was wearing.

edit:

MUST SEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=IMh4yIb9l_U&feature=user

< Message edited by Chojin -- 27/3/2008 7:44:26 PM >

http://chojin.devour.org - Mixes, Contact, Etc
XBL/PSN - Chojin22000

Post #: 68
RE: The Apprentice 2008 - 27/3/2008 8:37:42 PM   
deniseA

The return of The Apprentice also see's the return of the consistantly entertaining organgrinder blog.  Ususally a very good read:

http://blogs.guardian.co.uk/organgrinder/2008/03/the_apprentice_series_four_epi.html

(in reply to Chojin)
Post #: 69
RE: The Apprentice 2008 - 27/3/2008 9:00:03 PM   
Base

The blog on the Apprentice website is usually worth a read as well, probably even moreso this year as it is written by none other than that self-proclaimed superstar himself, Tre...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/apprentice/column.html

I am making a mental list of those who are snickering, and even as I speak I'm preparing appropriate retribution...!

(in reply to deniseA)
Post #: 70
RE: The Apprentice 2008 - 27/3/2008 9:33:26 PM   
Mozza

Check this shizzle out:
http://www.delacy-brown.com/biography.html

quote:

It was Virgil who stated in his Ecologues: ‘Non omnia possumus omnes’ (We can’t all do everything), a statement which many have been happy to oblige. In Nicholas de Lacy-Brown however, there lies a man who is prepared to question such apathy. 

I take back everything positive I may have said about him.

(in reply to Base)
Post #: 71
RE: The Apprentice 2008 - 27/3/2008 9:48:42 PM   
indysgill

I so wanted to slap Raef soon as he started talking.

It's not the years honey, Its the mileage.

Are you kidding? You get to go home and say "I punched Indiana Jones today". - Gary Oldman.

(in reply to Mozza)
Post #: 72
RE: The Apprentice 2008 - 28/3/2008 8:07:57 PM   
dj vivace

quote:

ORIGINAL: indysgill

I so wanted to slap Raef soon as he started talking.

Agreed, what a prick. I was boiling with anger all the time he was on. Tre had a bad start for me last year, but i ended up really liking him, but no way will that happen with this idiot!! Really hope he gets fired soon.

you can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you!

See more of my reviews here under the name Matt Wavish :
Horror Cult Film Reviews

(in reply to indysgill)
Post #: 73
RE: The Apprentice 2008 - 28/3/2008 8:08:54 PM   
dj vivace

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chojin

quote:

Figure>*

edit:

Seconded

< Message edited by dj vivace -- 28/3/2008 8:09:41 PM >

you can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you!

See more of my reviews here under the name Matt Wavish :
Horror Cult Film Reviews

(in reply to Chojin)
Post #: 74
RE: The Apprentice 2008 - 28/3/2008 8:17:21 PM   
pocketrocket

quote:

ORIGINAL: dj vivace

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chojin

quote:

Figure>*

edit:

Seconded

Come on seriously..., really!? Not even with your shitty sticks

< Message edited by pocketrocket -- 28/3/2008 8:18:26 PM >

"A life Jmmy, you know what that is? It's the shit that happens while you're waiting for the moments that never come." Lester Freamon

(in reply to dj vivace)
Post #: 75
RE: The Apprentice 2008 - 2/4/2008 9:25:01 PM   
the anomaly

This week...the Girl's...well...the less said the better at the moment. Seriously both teams are not great at negotiations. The guys offer £500 the guy says he usually pays £200. Then they just agree to £200. Didn't even try to bump it up a tiny bit. Last week they try to sell fish to people in a solicitors office!

(in reply to pocketrocket)
Post #: 76
RE: The Apprentice 2008 - 2/4/2008 9:29:22 PM   
Captain Black

I can't even stand to watch it with the sound on most of the time this year. Utter muppetry it is. 

Invisiotext:
[color=#F1F1F1]text[/color]

(in reply to pocketrocket)
Post #: 77
RE: The Apprentice 2008 - 2/4/2008 9:39:42 PM   
Mozza

quote:

ORIGINAL: the anomaly

This week...the Girl's...well...the less said the better at the moment. Seriously both teams are not great at negotiations. The guys offer £500 the guy says he usually pays £200. Then they just agree to £200. Didn't even try to bump it up a tiny bit. Last week they try to sell fish to people in a solicitors office!

Considering the girl's epic mupptery and toolism, I think the guys have gotten away with their lack of negotiating chutzpah.  Raef, it seems, wasn't that terrible.

(in reply to the anomaly)
Post #: 78
RE: The Apprentice 2008 - 2/4/2008 9:45:52 PM   
Hobbitonlass

I agree Raef wasn't as bad this week but I still want to take that stick out of his arse and beat him about the head with it.

Jenny was/is a bitch!

Come join in the Photo competition http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=3116407&mpage=1&key=

(in reply to Mozza)
Post #: 79
RE: The Apprentice 2008 - 2/4/2008 9:48:48 PM   
deniseA

‘Hello girls, how’s my pants doing’ Gold. take a round of applause Mr Sugar.

(in reply to Hobbitonlass)
Post #: 80
RE: The Apprentice 2008 - 2/4/2008 10:00:05 PM   
Captain Black

Do we think that Sugar's going to run out of ways to say "that was a complete disaster?" by the end of the series? 

Invisiotext:

(in reply to deniseA)
Post #: 81
RE: The Apprentice 2008 - 2/4/2008 10:01:38 PM   
the anomaly

Wow. Sir Alan got it wrong this week I thought. Jenny packs some real venom! She truly is a snake. Again girls what a shambles! £4.99 to wash/dry/iron each item? Seriously? £5,000 as a total bill? Did they really think they spent that much on laundry? Where's the common sense?
Next week's should be more interesting as it looks like the teams will be mixed up. I do look forward to the weak getting weeded out too. So far it's been car crash TV.

(in reply to deniseA)
Post #: 82
RE: The Apprentice 2008 - 2/4/2008 10:04:26 PM   
Hobbitonlass

quote:

ORIGINAL: Captain Black

Do we think that Sugar's going to run out of ways to say "that was a complete disaster?" by the end of the series? 

I'm actually hoping that if they get any worse he'll take out an air rifle and shoot them!

I agree anomaly, Jenny was far worse and deserved to go.  Begging for tips?

Post #: 83
RE: The Apprentice 2008 - 2/4/2008 10:10:01 PM   
coolstar

Jenny should have been fired she was the leader.

I am going Deep Deep undercover

Post #: 84
RE: The Apprentice 2008 - 2/4/2008 10:10:45 PM   
deniseA

The girls negotiation with guy who was having his washing done was hilarious, worth 60 quid, yeah will do it for it eight.

Oh, you want it ironed, well that’s gonna be two quid extra at least.  This guy has just won  the laundry lottery!!

It’s a good thing the best sales person in Europe was on hand or they might have lost out on the deal.  Good work. But hey, she did find over a £100 of new orders, so there’s a feather in the cap at least.

Enforced tipping! Nice.  

Post #: 85
RE: The Apprentice 2008 - 2/4/2008 10:12:46 PM   
Captain Black

Come to think of it, how many episodes are there this year? We had a double eviction last year (I think when one chap walked and Sugar fired the other) in addition to the two who go at the interview stage. Just wondered if we could expect something similar this year.

Invisiotext:

Post #: 86
RE: The Apprentice 2008 - 2/4/2008 10:14:35 PM   
clare_star_

quote:

ORIGINAL: Captain Black

I can't even stand to watch it with the sound on most of the time this year. Utter muppetry it is. 

I was completely cringing all through the girls meeting with Sugar. I just wanted to curl up and die. When Jenny started blurting out that one of the girls was a liar, manipulative etc I just started shouting 'Nooooo' at the tv.

I'm not sympathising with Lucinda - I think she's awful down to that little red flower she wears to each board meet - but that Jenny was an absolute horror!

''Twitter''

Post #: 87
RE: The Apprentice 2008 - 2/4/2008 10:20:04 PM   
deniseA

Just watching the 'highlights' on The Apprentice: your'e fired, and all the argueing just gets worse in retrospect.  I sat with jaw gaping open.  Ultimate cringe-crash.  Which is not always a good thing.  They have to split the teams, beacuse it can't carry on like this.

The after show on the other hand, might actually be a better programme.  It's great!

< Message edited by deniseA -- 2/4/2008 10:21:03 PM >

(in reply to clare_star_)
Post #: 88
RE: The Apprentice 2008 - 2/4/2008 10:24:32 PM   
Hobbitonlass

Yeah, watching it for the first time (forgot about it last week  ) and seeing some of that stuff over again is appalling.  I agree that Shazia (sp?) was the most organised once the laundry started coming in, labelling and noting down what belonged where.  No one else thought it it.   She should have made sure everything was in order but at the same time Jenny should have asked her if it was befire Shazia left.

Think the mixing of the teams is definitely needed.

(in reply to deniseA)
Post #: 89
RE: The Apprentice 2008 - 2/4/2008 10:35:55 PM   
deniseA

The latest guardian blog.  Good stuff as always:

http://blogs.guardian.co.uk/organgrinder/2008/04/the_apprentice_series_four_epi_1.html

Post #: 90
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: The Apprentice 2008 Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI